Deputy is one of the most popular time-tracking tools today. However, due to problems like glitches, many users look for an alternative.
Some users have encountered problems with the software messing up the payroll, the Android app missing some features, and a lack of advanced reporting systems.
So, in this blog, we have gathered a list of the top 10 best Deputy alternatives for time tracking in 2023. If you wish to use the perfect deputy alternatives that will solve all your pain points, then continue reading ahead.
List of Deputy Alternatives
#1 Time Analytics ($4.99-$6.99 per user per month)
# 2 When I Work ($2.50-$6.00 per user per month)
# 3 Toggl Track ($0-$18 per user per month, custom plan available)
# 4 Clockify ($0-$11.99 per user per month)
# 5 Hubstaff ($0-$8.33 per user per month, custom plans available)
# 6 QuickBooks Time ($15-$100 per month)
# 7 Acuity Scheduling ($16-$49 per month)
# 8 Wrike ($0-$24.80, custom plans available)
#9 Connecteam ($0-$99 per month per 30 users)
# 10 Harvest ($0-$10.80 per seat per month)
1. Time Analytics
Time Analytics is the perfect Deputy alternative because it solves the biggest user pain point. With the ability to generate advanced reports and have a bug-free experience, Time Analytics has all the tools needed to become the perfect Deputy Alternative.
Time Analytics allows you to track time easily and effortlessly. With its user-friendly interface and advanced project management features, I discovered it was among the easiest tools. What stands out from the competitors is that it is one of the cheapest tools, yet it provides some of the best features you can look for.
Moreover, Time Analytics also has a free 14-day trial where you can access all the advanced features to leverage before buying the software. The features include Time Tracking, Time and Project Reporting, Team Performance Tracking, Online Timesheets, and Client Time Billing.
So, let’s talk about some of the features and see what makes Time Analytics one of the best Deputy alternatives.
Time Tracking Tools
Time Analytics provides some of the most immersive and useful time-tracking features for every business size. Whether you’re a freelancer, an individual, a small company, or a mid-size company, the tools here will allow you to track time easily and efficiently.
In addition to regular time tracking features, you also get a lot of customization options that never feel less. So if you want the perfect Deputy alternative, Time Analytics has some of the best productivity tracking features.
Some of the time-tracking features are as follows:
- Daily or Weekly Calendar View
- Team Project and Activity Management Features
- Real-Time Revenue and Cost Tracking
- Time Off Scheduling
Team Performance Tracking
Since Deputy is primarily a productivity tracking and team management tool, Time Analytics is a great competitor by providing all the team performance features. You can keep your team productive without even checking up on them constantly.
The time-tracking features send you a full report on each employee’s productivity and how much they got done. Here are some of the features:
- Monitor your team’s efficiency
- Evaluate the team’s productivity with advanced reports
- Increase the team’s profitability by fixing management issues
Time Analytics provides many security features like Data Encryption, SSL Encryption, Third-Party Access, Backups, and more. Time Analytics aims to provide a safe working environment for all companies, and with their software containing all the necessary security features, you can rest easy and focus on winning.
- Free: 14 days full-featured free trial
- Starter: $4.99 per user per month
- Optimum: $6.99 per user per month
Pros and Cons of Time Analytics
2. When I Work
When I Work is another amazing tool that lets you schedule faster, track time easier, and communicate better. It is the perfect competitor for Deputy because of its similarity when we look at its features.
Source: When I Work website
When I Work is the perfect tool for companies and online business owners to build their work schedules in minutes. The company has a track record of working with big brands like Harvard University, Massage Envy, Tesla, Soundcloud, and many more.
Here are some features that make When I Work a great Deputy alternative.
Time Tracking Features
- Track attendance, breaks, and time off with ease.
- Control cost with pay rules and schedule integration.
- Turn any device into an employee time clock machine.
- Eliminate paper time cards and replace them with mobile management time tracking features.
- Save up to 15 hours per week by building an automated schedule.
- Get more employees to be accountable regarding their work ethic.
- Increase your company’s profit and make your work efficient.
- Standard: $2.50 per user per month
- Advanced: $6.00 per user per month
Pros and Cons of When I Work
3. Toggl Track
Toggl is an all-in-one solution for project management, performance tracking, and time-tracking. It has a beautiful interface that allows companies to manage their employees with ease.
The main focus point of Toggl is that it looks so aesthetically pleasing that it almost makes you want to use it. While spending my time with Toggl, I learned that the tool offers so many features, and some of them I didn’t even see in other tools.
Source: Toggl Track website
Toggl offers three main products for companies and that are toggl track, toggl plan, and toggl hire. Each of these have their own use cases, but in the case of Deputy, Toggl Track is the one we’re going to focus on. Here are some of the features of Toggl Track.
Employee Time Tracking
- Get important employee data without disrupting your team’s workflow.
- Track time with one-click and it automatically syncs on multiple devices.
- Leverage powerful time tracking tools to make important corporate decisions.
Billing and Invoicing
- Track billable hours for projects and clients with automatic calculation.
- Generate transparent records of all the billable hours to build trust with your clients.
- Get a complete summary and a birds eye-view of your expenses.
- Get advanced reports to fine-tune your company’s expenses, prioritize the right effort towards the right project, and get ROI reports to make important business decisions.
- Generate ready-to-share reports and send them to your clients for the best communication.
- Free: $0 up to 5 users
- Starter: $9 per user per month
- Premium: $18 per user per month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing with unlimited users
Pros and Cons of Toggl Track
Clockify is the best free time tracker you can find. The beauty is in its simplicity, and being able to track time anywhere makes Clockify the perfect Deputy alternative.
Clockify is the perfect tool for freelancers and I’ve been using it for quite some time now. Manage my workload, it makes management easier and quicker. You can even create projects, tags, and clients to manage your time and get important data easily.
Source: Clockify website
Clockify also allows you to leverage their Calendar, Timesheet, Kiosk, Reports, and a lot more. All in all, while Clockify isn’t the most advanced tool on the market, it gets the job done flawlessly for individuals, freelancers, and small businesses. Here are some of the best features that you should look for.
Time Management Features
- Timer lets you track work hours in real time.
- Timesheets allow you to enter time in a weekly sheet manually.
- Calendar allows you to visually block out and manage time efficiently.
- Custom report to help you analyze and export the tracked time.
- Activity reports let you see who worked or works on what.
- Rates reports let you see earnings, costs, and profits.
- Free: $0 forever
- Basic: $3.99 per user per month
- Standard: $5.49 per user per month
- Pro: $7.99 per user per month
- Enterprise: $11.99 per user per month
Pros and Cons of Clockify
Hubstaff empowers teams from 1 to 1000+, meaning that it is the best solution for all sorts of audiences. It has all the features to become the best Deputy alternative and solve a lot of problems that you would get from it.
Source: Hubstaff website
Hubstaff lets you leverage their advanced productivity tools, hybrid time tracking, workforce analytics, flexible payroll, and project cost and budgeting. Overall, if you’re looking for one of the most professional and feature-packed Deputy alternatives, then Hubstaff is the way to go.
Here are some of the best features of Hubstaff to look out for:
- Track employees work hours across multiple devices with more accurate timesheets.
- Get automatically generated timesheets.
- Get detailed reports for your business to improve processes.
- Get activity level reports, screenshots, apps, and URL for better employee monitoring.
- GPS location tracking to manage on-the-go work.
- Built in tools for enhancing employee productivity.
- Desk Free: $0 for one user only
- Desk Starter: $5.83 per user per month
- Desk Pro: $8.33 per user per month
- Enterprise: Customized Plan and Pricing
Pros and Cons of Hubstaff
Quickbooks Time is from the popular company called Intuit and they’ve been catering to the finance and business world for years. QuickBooks Time is a great Deputy alternative because it contains all the important products or features to replace it.
Source: Quick Book Time website
QuickBooks time offers simple timesheets with mobile time tracking so you can understand who’s working on what. With its customizable reports and seamless integrations, you can know the team’s productivity without affecting the workflow.
Here are some of the feature it provides:
- Manage multiple timesheets and approve time when you’re ready.
- Edit timesheets and mark them as billable to make invoicing easier.
Mobile Time Tracking
- Android or iOS app available.
- Track time on the go, whether you’re working on mobile or PC.
- Simple Start: $15/month
- Essentials: $27.50/month
- Plus: $42.50/month
- Advanced: $100month
Pros and Cons of QuickBooks Time
7. Acuity Scheduling
Acuity Scheduling is one of the direct Deputy competitors. It has everything you need to schedule, from automating payments to reminders.
While it’s not as advanced as some other tools on the list, if your priority is to mainly schedule things like business appointments, scheduling, and team management, then Acuity Scheduling is the perfect tool for you.
Source: Acuity Scheduling website
Here are some of the features you get by using it:
- Auto-adjust time zones.
- Easy reschedule and cancellation options.
- Automated reminders options.
- Emerging: $16 per month
- Growing: $27 per month
- Powerhouse: $49 per month
Pros and Cons of Acuity Scheduling
Wrike is the one platform to streamline all workflows. It’s the same claim as Deputy but Wrike takes the cake for being a more versatile tool. Companies like Google, Lyft, Nick, and Snowflake use Wrike for project management.
Wrike is a great platform that boosts productivity and focuses on work that brings ROI to your team. You can streamline and automate a lot of team-responsibilities, and manage projects easily and effectively.
Source: Wrike website
Here are some of the best Wrike features you get:
- Prioritize instantly with project dashboards.
- Maximize output with project management dashboards.
- Save a lot of time with the birds eye view, and know what project to tackle first.
- Free: $0
- Team: $9.80 per user per month
- Business: $24.80 per user per month
- Enterprise: Enterprise-grade security and scalability
- Pinnacle: Advanced tools and analytics
Pros and Cons
Connecteam is a perfect solution for managing your employees. It has great Deputy alternative features with all the business needs like communication, time tracking, scheduling, task management, and a lot more.
Connecteam established itself as a one-stop shop for all business operations. It has all the tools to let you manage time efficiently and get things done quickly and paper free. With its powerful features, you can get the best team performance.
Source: Connecteam website
Here are some of the features you get by using Connecteam:
- Easily and quickly communicate with employees through the mobile app.
- Give updates and announcements in chat without disrupting the work.
- Gather employees’ feedback and thoughts.
Employees Time Clock
- Accurately track your employees’ time and automate timesheets to payroll in seconds.
- Avoid time theft with the built-in features that save labor costs.
- Small Business: $0
- Operations Basics: $29 per month per 30 users
- Operations Advanced: $49 per month per 30 users
- Operations Expert: $99 per month per 30 users
Pros and Cons of Connecteam
Harvest is another amazing time tracking and timesheet tool that makes a great Deputy competitor. The scheduling features are more advanced and easier to use than Deputy, and if you’re looking for a solution that will let you leverage all sorts of advanced productivity tracking features, then Harvest is the ideal solution for you.
Source: Harvest website
- Track time from browser, desktop, and mobile
- Integrate with your workflow
- Custom reminders for accurate time tracking
- Free: $0
- Pro: $10.80 per seat per month
Pros and Cons
How to Choose the Best Deputy Alternative for You
To look at the best Deputy alternative, you’ll need to look at the following features in a time tracking tool:
Scheduling:The tool should have great scheduling abilities that will aim towards getting the labor cost lowered. From scheduling to automating the payroll, the tool should eliminate most of the manual labor for maximum efficiency.
Time Tracking: Time tracking is the feature that should be present and capture accurate timesheets and invoicing.
Integrations: Having integrations saves a lot of time. With tools like Time Analytics and Harvest, you can simply integrate common tools to your workflow.
Getting Started with Time Analytics
Time Analytics is the perfect Deputy alternative due to a plethora of reasons. Firstly, the tool provides great time-tracking abilities with online timesheets and an ease-of-use. Secondly, Time Analytics also features great integration options, easy billing, and invoicing. Lastly, you get a 14 day full feature trial that you can avail today.
Saad started his Content Writing journey in 2019 on Fiverr, where he catered to over 100 businesses in different niches like SaaS, Crypto, Meta, Gaming, Entertainment, and more.