Working from home or flexible working has a big outbreak in India. Therefore, time tracking software started to play an important role in managing the work effectively and efficiently, leading to data-driven decisions that can help increase their productivity.
No matter if you work from home or in the office the timesheet software is an indispensable tool for every business.
That’s the reason why most Indian companies are adopting a range of digital methods to ensure employees aren’t slacking off, whether with remote or in-office work.
The user increase in the Indian market is most likely due to the fact that employers are becoming increasingly aware of the great impact that smart employee tracking can have on individuals and organizations.
That’s why we’re here to help you make the right choice and automate your business processes. Find below some of the essential factors you need to consider to make a smarter decision.
1. Time Analytics
About Time Analytics:
Time Analytics is a task time tracker that helps you to improve profitability, productivity, and efficiency. Track the hours spent per customer, employee, and service line, as well as their movements over a given period (day, week, month, and year).
Time Analytics allows its users to improve their business in a number of ways – by identifying the best contractors, profitable projects, and clients who are more likely to propel you forward.
- Employee timesheet tracking — keep track of employee’s work hours, projects and tasks, and get comprehensive timesheets
- Performance management — track time utilization, billable and non-billable hours per project
- Cost tracking per each employee, project, and task
- Clients monitoring — monitor client and project profitability
- Productivity management —track billable hours and costs
- Improving efficiency —an insight into all activities done within your company
- Invoicing— prepare data for invoices based on hard facts and time utilization
- Reporting — reporting tools for workers, clients, projects, and tasks
For more information watch quick Time Analytics demo:
✔ „The most useful thing is that it has an insight into all activities done within a company.”
✘ “I was having some issues with exporting data, but Time Analytics team is very useful and responsive, so the problem was quickly solved.”
- Starter — $4.99 user/month
- Optimum — $6.99 user/month
- Free Trial: 14 days
TMetric is a feature-rich application for individuals and large companies. It enables accurate time tracking, task and project management, real-time reports for detailed analysis, payroll, invoicing, and billing.
- Time tracking — capture every task you work on
- Project management — create projects and set budgets
- Task management —manage tasks in real-time
- Team management —monitor the productivity of your team
- Time-off — manage team attendance
- Billing and invoicing — track billable time and create accurate invoices
- Reporting — receive reports on all activity and overall state of the company
- Integrations with Jira, Asana, Freshdesk, and more
✔ “It’s perfect for a small service business like mine. But my absolute favorite feature is the ability to use the timer to start/stop/start project work on the fly.”
✘ “Occasional failures or loss of service without warning or apparent reason. The desktop application is a little complicated.”
- Business — $7 a month or $72 a year
- Professional — $5 a month or $48 a year
On The Clock is an online timekeeping software that simplifies payroll management and promotes better synergies between employees and employers. This tracker provides employee GPS, Payroll Integration, and mobile applications.
- Messaging feature: user-friendly and designed to improve your business communications
- Easily clock in and clock out from any authorized device
- GPS Tracking
- Payroll And Project Reporting: many reporting formats for payroll such as Excel and CSV export, PDF, or print a paper copy
- Paid Time Off
- Mobile and Online Time Clock
✔ ‘’Very happy with the user-friendly ease for myself, employees, and the mobile app.’’
✘ ‘’The GPS feature to avoid clocking in from afar does not work with enough precision to be useable.’’
The price is based on the number of users, and starts at $3 per user/month
Timelabs is a Core HR, Self-Service, Payroll, Recruitment, and performance module for employee-centric companies.
Centralize your HR process across your multi-branch organization with this useful comprehensive HR software.
- Asset Management
- Attendance management
- Bonus, Loan and Advances Management
- Email Integration
- Employee Self Service Management
- Expense Management
- Expense Tracking
- HR and Payroll
- Mobile Support
- Multi-User login and Roll-based access
- Payroll Management
✔ “It has various features which make them unique from others.”
✘ “Best for Small as well as large enterprises.”
Pricing plans aren’t publicly available
TimeClick is a simple, affordable, and intuitive cloud-based platform that has simplified time tracking, payroll, and time off for thousands of businesses in hundreds of industries. Specifically designed for smaller companies, perfect for 1-50 employees.
- Overtime report – Quickly catch and reduce overtime payout
- Mobile clock and out available – Allow your employees on the go or at home to clock in and out easily
- Track and manage PTO, Vacation, Sick, Bereavement, Holiday
- Quickly see your employee’s times with simple or detailed break downs for any date range at any time
- Automatic backup feature – Keep your data safe and uncluttered
✔ “It is worked seamlessly on our server and client computers and was easy to implement.”
✘ “It was very disappointing to pay for an upgrade and have a feature you really appreciated stop working.”
- Prime $199
- Premium $399
- Plus $499
- Platinum $649
About Time Analytics:
Securtime is one of the best timesheet software in India. Securtime enables organizations to monitor the distributed workforce in real-time and offers biometric devices, Webapp, and mobile applications as components.
- Time Attendance – 100% data accuracy
- Workforce Management – employee scheduling, absence management, productivity tracking, project costing, and analytics
- Personalized dashboards
- Secure, fully protected data
✔ “SecurTime was useful in solving our time attendance management problems.”
✘ “Found it a bit expensive for the features.”
Pricing plans aren’t publicly available
Officetimer is currently used by hundreds of customers across the world in effectively managing the needs in terms of employee time-offs, project expenses tracking, client billing, project management, and timesheet management.
This timesheet software is used by companies from various industries like construction, software developers, design companies, glass manufacturers, chartered accountants, CPAs, financial consulting companies, freelancers etc.,
- Time and expense – Configure your timesheet as per your requirements
- Attendance and leave – Set multiple leave types and leave policies
- Project and task – Compare budgeted vs. actual hours and cost of the project
- Invoice and billing – Raise instant invoices and track billed/unbilled hours and expenses
✔ “An absolutely great product backed by a team that provides super-efficient support.”
✘ “I don’t like that I often have timesheets missing from my admin view, but my employees print their submitted sheets to prove it is input.”
Free Forever $0
About Prohance :
ProHance is a global management platform.
It offers best-in-market analytics with real-time views combined with customizable smart reporting and dashboards.
- Time Tracking — offline and online, automatic time capture
- Attendance Tracking — absence management, employee scheduling, employee time clock
- Employee Engagement — employee recognition, goal management
- Business Performance Management — ad hoc reports, ad hoc analysis
- Employee Monitoring
- Task Management
- Time Clock
- Workforce Management
✔ “I like the variety of reports that prohance provides.”
✘ “The customization of reports should also come with more options.”
Pricing plans aren’t publicly available
Zimyo is a human resource management solution that empowers organizations to manage teams. It is a timesheet for businesses of all sizes. Zimyo solutions help firms to automate HR processes, manage expenses, manage and monitor employee performance.
- Employee engagement software
- Recruitment and Onboarding
- Payroll and Expense Management
- Performance Management System
- Time and Attendance
✔ „I really like their user interface and the fact it offers all features in one place so you don’t need multiple products for your HR needs.”
✘ “User Interface is a bit complicated, especially bulk uploads thing.”
- Dynamic —$500/month + $5/month per additional employee
- Growth — $800/month+ $8/month per additional employee
- Enterprise —$1200/month+ $12/month per additional employee
LogNTrack is India employee monitoring software that helps to track and increase the productivity of remotely working employees. It provides employee monitoring solutions from small to large enterprises.
- Real-Time Screenshots
- Project Management
- Activity Tracking
- Graphical reports for better analysis
- Application Tracking
✔ The monthly report for the total hours worked is nice, as well as being able to break it down by project.
✘ It takes time to open on your computer and in a short time that you are not using your keyboard it suddenly shows inactivity.
- Indian User ₹1500 (5 users)
- Rest Of World $30 (5 users)
Timesheets filling practice in India
Labor productivity in India has declined significantly in the last eight years. Maybe that’s the reason why most companies start looking for the best monitoring and productivity tool. This is also shown by the practice of filling in the worksheet, which has had an impressive increase in Indian users in the past 1.5 years.
The Indian work culture is immensely diverse. There are big differences depending on whether you work for small, local companies, large Indian corporations, or international companies.
But generally working hours in India is one of the highest in the world, according to the NSSSO report. The official workweek in India runs from Monday to Saturday, from 10 am to 6 pm each day.
Although the maximum working hours are determined by law, people in India devote one of the longest hours at work on average compared to their global peers.
According to Indian law, Factories Act 1948, every adult cannot work for more than 48 hours in a week and not more than 9 hours a day. But most employees in India work longer than prescribed.
Those working in the cities put in 53 to 54 hours of work a week on average, and those in villages 46-47 hours in a week.
According to the Period Labor Force Survey for the period 2018-19, men work longer than women in both rural and urban areas. The NSSO survey indicated that rural women were underemployed, as nearly 50 percent of them worked less than 36 hours in a week. Also, Indian employees are paid less globally. Apparently, as wages are lower, especially in the informal sector, people have to work longer. Overtime is the norm and most local companies do not compensate their workers for it.
As we can see working conditions and salaries in India are different from the ones in western countries, and Indian people are compelled to think more about increasing productivity.
Any software tool that helps in the more efficient management of employees should be seriously considered by every company, regardless of their size.
When used properly, timesheets will quickly become standard practice in your team and a real benefit to your business.
The best thing to do if you are not already using some form of it is just to take the plunge and get started.