Tracking time for janitorial and cleaning staff isn’t simple. If you want to know the details of your employees’ workdays you cannot rely on monitoring their computer activity. The nature of the job is dynamic and requires different solutions. We found the best time tracking apps for cleaning companies.
1. Time Analytics
The first thing you notice about Time Analytics is the simplicity of the interface. Anyone can use this powerful time tracking tool, no matter their computer skills. The same applies to the mobile app, which features an intuitive design, and is a perfect match for all the timekeeping needs of your cleaning crew. It takes only a few minutes to log hours precisely and accurately, with the help of an automatic timer. However, your cleaners and janitors can also make changes to the logs and enter time manually.
You can simplify the time tracking process even more, as the app allows the users to create templates. This way, the employers can get a detailed report of their employees’ activities in only a few clicks. The system offers the option of saving certain entries (clients) as favorites, so they show up first once the field is marked. Additionally, the employees can create notes and add them to their time entries when necessary.
Time Analytics is a platform with the goal of helping businesses develop and grow without overworking their staff. That is why it delivers powerful reports – real-time and accumulative – to employers and managers. You can track time per employee, task, or client, and the app will automatically inform you about the costs and profit of each job. This way you can focus on the more profitable endeavors and increase profit without overworking your staff.
Time and resources invested in a client are automatically allocated and accounted for through the platform. In other words, you will be able to export and issue itemized bills that show every action your employees took in a specific job. This is a great addition to your invoices, as it will answer any questions or concerns your clients express. The same applies to your employees, as they can receive a list of their monthly activities as an addition to their payroll slip.
- Mobile app – the app allows your team to track their time from anywhere manually or through automatic timers
- Timesheets – a simple way to log time and account for all activities done during work hours. You can allow the employees to make changes to the timesheets and approve them with a single click.
- Real-time metrics – track your business’s most important indicators as the employees fill their timesheets
- Reports – receive performance reports that will enable you to make informed business decisions. Profit per client, top and low performing employees and clients are just a few examples
- Starter – $4.99 per user per month
- Optimum – $6.99 per user per month
- Premium – $12.99 per user per month
Time Analytics offers a 14-day free trial
Swept is a dedicated time tracking tool for cleaning companies. The app is optimized for mobile and offers some great features. The interface is clean and simple. Your team can log in through text messages and landline calls as well as the application itself. The application offers GPS locating to ensure your team is exactly where you want them to be at any point in time. You can reach all your employees through the app’s communication feature. The logged time gets saved in a web-based manager dashboard, where you can review and approve it. Finally, you can use the approved time to calculate the employees’ pay.
- Time tracking – an automatic timer with timestamps
- Instructions – you can leave specific instructions the clients gave
- Communication – your team can report to the clients at any time
The pricing depends on the size of your company, starting at $150 per month. Contact Swept’s team for more information.
TimeTrack is a timekeeping app created to make logging time as accurate and easy as possible. The employees can log their hours through the application by selecting customers and locations, defining their activities, and entering their working time. The app synchronizes in real-time, so you can be sure every employee is working. The app also offers a GPS feature to make sure everyone is entering accurate data.
Project evaluation is a large part of the platform. You can monitor and evaluate the progress of your team in all locations. Once you’re sure the data is correct, you will receive reports on your team’s efficiency.
- Time tracking – as your employees enter their data into the app this data is transferred into timesheets
- GPS – make sure all employees are where they are supposed to be in real-time
- Reports – receive valuable information on your company’s results
- Standard – $4 per user per month
- Premium – $8 per user per month
- Gold – $10 per user per month
TimeTrack offers a 14-day free trial
CleanSmarts is a time tracking app for cleaning companies that helps its clients save money. The app aims to lower labor costs while simultaneously increasing your business’s margins. It keeps your employees accountable for their hours and makes sure everyone gets paid accordingly for the work they do. There are multiple ways to check in, including landline calls and barcode scanning.
No employee will remain unsupervised, as the app offers a GPS feature that automatically checks your employees in and out as they enter and leave the building they are cleaning. That is to say, you can check an employee’s timesheet and compare it to the GPS data. All data is turned into timesheets, which are a great way to keep track of everyone’s activities and hours. finally, you can calculate and allocate hours and make sure you pay and charge everyone accurately.
- Time tracking – track how much time goes into each of the buildings you manage
- Scheduling – create employee schedules easily without being short-staffed
- Messaging – send instructions and receive reports in real-time
- $99 per month for 10 users
- $5 for each additional user
CleanSmarts offers a 14-day free trial
PanComp is a janitorial time tracking app that relies on GPS. It aims to allow business owners a full insight into the whereabouts of their employees. The application is available on Android and iOS mobile devices. PanComp is designed to prevent time theft through detailed reports backed up by GPS data. This way you won’t be losing money, and your company will grow and bring in more profit.
The system is innovative, as it allows you to measure the quality of the services your team is providing. That means keeping the performance up to your, and your clients’ standards is easier. This, in turn, will prevent you from losing clients.
- Overtime calculation – make sure your employees are rewarded for their diligence
- GPS – prevent employees from entering wrong data into their timesheets
- Work management – real-time check-ins and progress tracking
There is no available information. Contact the PanComp team for a proposal.
TimeDock is another time tracking solution for cleaning companies. The platform tackles the most important problem in the business – the constant movement of the staff which makes accurate tracking very difficult. Your employees can log in and start tracking their time by scanning a QR code for each location. This increases the accuracy of the logged time significantly, as there is no guesswork involved.
Log accuracy means invoice and payroll accuracy as well. You will be sure that no one is losing money or services, as it is not possible to start working before signing in through the system.
- QR codes – your staff can log in by simply scanning the client’s code
- Real-time tracking – waste no time waiting for reports and prevent any misunderstanding
- Timesheets – the time is automatically logged into timesheets you can use for payroll and invoicing
- Bundled plan – $60 per month for 20+ employees
- Flexible plan – $4 per user per month
Hubstaff is one of the more famous time tracking platforms. It offers automated time tracking that gets logged into the app’s time cards. The employees check in and out automatically as they move between clients. This is possible due to the app’s GPS feature. The application delivers a real-time overview of all locations, budgets, and projects, so it can be used as a project management tool as well.
The data the application records is automatically transferred into a digital timesheet. The managers can see each employee’s schedule and create shifts without over or understaffing. The system keeps an eye on the progress of the cleaning process and notifies managers if a project is left unfinished.
- GPS – know where your team members are at all times
- Overtime – make sure your crew members aren’t over their limits to avoid overworking
- Scheduling – create shifts and schedules for all employees
- Field – $10 per user per month
- Desk & field – $10 per user per month
- Enterprise – custom plan
Hubstaff offers a 14-day free trial
ClockShark is a time tracking platform that focuses on companies with field teams. This makes it a great choice for cleaning companies, among others. Like all other apps on our list, ClockShark offers a simple mobile app, so your employees can keep track of their time wherever they are. The time is logged in the app’s time cards, which a superior can review and approve later.
Creating sustainable schedules is one of ClockShark’s most important features. This way you can make sure all your clients get the service they want at their preferred time while avoiding schedule clashes. Finally, the app focuses on transparency, as its GPS locating feature ensures the time is logged from the right location.
- Scheduling – create schedules in only a few clicks
- GPS – make sure your employees and your company are being honest
- Time tracking – an automatic time clock that ensures maximum accuracy
- Basic – $20 base monthly fee + $3 per user per month
- Standard – $30 base monthly fee + $6 per user per month
- Pro – $50 base monthly fee + $8 per user per month
ClockShark offers a 14-day free trial
Timetac is another time tracking app for cleaning companies that caught our eye. The platform understands the challenges that come with managing field teams in different locations. That is why it allows managers a live overview of all employees, their locations, and tasks. This way you can make sure everyone is being honest when logging their time, and all tasks are done in time.
Timetac features a physical clock-in machine that ensures accuracy at all locations. Additionally, you can use NFC technology as well. The logged time is assigned to objects and tasks at the location, and the program will export said time into digital timesheets automatically.
- Verification – use key fobs or employee mobile phones to check-in
- Real-time data – keep track of employees at all locations and check up on their performance
- Timesheets – have digital records listed and ready for the payroll process
- Employee time tracking – € 3.50 per user per month
- Project time tracking – € 8.00 per user per month
There is a base fee of € 15.00 for all services. Clocking in machines are sold separately.
Atto is a time tracking system well-suited for cleaning companies and other businesses that rely on field teams. The app relies on an automatic time clock that is started and stopped with a single touch of a button. Additionally, it can track breaks in the same way as well. Atto offers numerous other features, such as notes, switching between tasks, tracking time off, etc. The app is available for Android and iOS mobile phones.
The app has a Reminder option, which prevents users from working without tracking their time. it also offers a GPS locating feature, so you can be sure your crew is exactly where they need to be at all times. The application caters to large teams that require on-site managers. The managers can control and approve the data your employees are entering right on the spot.
- User-friendly interface – three simple buttons indicate the biggest portion of the logged time
- GPS location – make sure all jobs are being done in real-time
- Urgent jobs – you can deploy your staff to new jobs in a matter of minutes
- Premium – $7 per user per month
- Enterprise – custom plan
Atto offers a 14-day free trial
Workstatus is the final entry on our list. This time tracking platform is dedicated to simplicity and sturdy, intuitive features. The app is available as a web, desktop, and mobile app. So your team can track time no matter their location. The timer is started with a single click, and the data it provides is automatically turned into timesheet data. This way you will get both accuracy and a timesheet that provides all data in case of an audit.
The app also offers GPS tracking, so the employers can be sure the entered data is accurate and the employees have been at the location they provided in the reports. the reports Workstatus generates are detailed and precise, offering all necessary data to make smart business decisions in the future.
- Time tracking – automatically track employee time and get automated timesheets
- Reports – receive detailed and accurate reports on all employee activity
- Scheduling – create tasks and plan your employees’ shifts in a few clicks
- Starter package – $4.99 per user per month
- Scale package – $9.99 per user per month
- Enterprise package – $18 per user per month
Workstatus offers a 14-day free trial
The importance of cleaning staff and janitors is often overlooked. Yet, we all owe them gratitude for keeping our living and working spaces clean and disease-free. That is to say, cleaning companies offer a crucial service to our society. However, they aren’t easy to run, as most employees are working outside the offices. We hope you will find a great solution to help you keep track of your team among our suggestions.
FREE 14-day trial – no credit card required