Looking for time and productivity tracking app?
There are a 100+ of such tools on the market. As many of them offers different benefits and features, finding a tool that fits your needs could be overwhelming.
Don’t worry, we’ve make it simple for you.
In this article, we’ve prepared an ultimate list of top 12 time and productivity tracking apps with their best features and pricing plans.
A List of Time and Productivity Apps
Paid plan pricing range
Track time utilization, efficiency and productivity
Marketing, design and similar professional services
No available price
Automatic time tracking and productivity assistance
Mid-sized and large teams
Freelancers and small agencies
Timesheets and efficinecy tracking
$6-29 10.99 user/month
AI based time tracking
Construction workers and field work
Employee monitoring by screenshoots
Now let’s see what is inside of them.
#1. Time Analytics
Time Analytics Software is our number one choice in productivity trackers. Time Analytics offers a comprehensive suite of productivity services that are ideal for the busy manager or administrator who needs information on productivity and profitability.
Time Analytics tracks billable hours, effective time use, and cost of engagement. It also has the added benefit of excellent analytics for managing your clients, projects, and employees.
Here is a look inside all that that Time Analytics Software can offer:
- Time-tracking per project, client, and working task
- Use timer to track time or add time manually
- Calendar (weekly) view of activities
- Expense tracking (cost allocation for projects and clients)
- Email scheduled reports
- Billing rates, pay rates
- Detailed timesheets
- Project monitoring (billable hours, total hours, revenues, profits)
- Productivity and efficiency reporting
- Invoicing assistant
- High security and privacy standards
- Inn-app chat
- 60+ written tutorials
As mentioned above Time Analytics is mainly used by accounting, tax and audit firms, however its capabilities stretch far beyond that. The simple template and workflow is effective for any professional firm or service looking to maximize efficiency and productivity and minimize headache and lost time.
Time Analytics offers two pricing options:
- Starter plan: $4.99 per user, per month (billed annually) or $5.99 (billed monthly)
- Optimum plan: $6.99 per user, per month (billed annually) or $8.45 (billed monthly)
If you have more than 50 users subscribed, Time Analytics offers a special pricing discount.
TimeCamp is a great option if you are looking for something that’s user friendly. Time Camp can be synced with your G- Suite for easy, one-click logging in. There are many integrations you can use with Time Camp while tracking your employees productivity, performance and productivity.
- Automatic time tracking app–tells you how people are spending their time without the need for micromanagement
- Productivity tracking–proof of your team’s work broken down into the different projects they are working on
- Track hours as billable or non-billable
Marketing Agencies, IT businesses, and Designers.
- Free plan: Limitation – exportable reports, billable hours, billing rates, email support, chat support
- Basic plan: $7.99 per user per month
- Pro plan: $10.99 per user per month
Check out a details on TimeCamp pricing.
Our number 3 productivity tracker is Harvest. Harvest boasts multiple ways employees and managers can use their time and productivity tracking app in order to keep their productivity organized and in one place.
- Start and stop timers as you finish projects or enter hours
- Track time and productivity across multiple devices–both mobile and desktop
- Integrate Harvest with all the tools your teams already use
- Scale your business with a painless system that works
- Invoice management: recurring invoices, invoice templates, import logged time into invoice, track invoice status
Firms looking to scale their businesses and keep all of their employee productivity info in one place.
- Free – Limitet to 1 user and 2 projects
- Pro – $10.8 per user per month (billed annually)
RescueTime is a time and productivity tracking app that helps you in multiple ways. If you have a big project, begin a focused work session–and RescueTime blocks out all other distractions. In addition, Rescue Time can help you discover which type of distractions you are losing the most productivity to.
Like the name implies, RescueTime can help you get that lost time back in a productive way.
- Visual component that sets your focus and important goals for the day
- Reminders to help you see what’ve accomplished and what you have left to do
- Tracks and offers guidance into what the most productive time of day is according to the way you work
- Set up to block distractions when you have something important to complete
- Engage with a more comprehensive understanding of how you use your time and where you can cut out distractions from analysis reports
Entrepreneurs, Freelancers, Students and Teachers
RescueTime the prices start at $6.5 per user per month.
ClickTime is a productivity tracker that boasts performance driven results. Clicktime was founded by two productivity-focused brothers in order to help businesses track, manage and plan employee time. ClickTime’s features make it an easy choice for Non profit organizations, Consultants and IT Firms.
- Works across desktop and mobile devices
- Tracks employee productivity, time off and overtime
- Tracks expenses and project budgets
- Comprehensive reports make it easier to see what’s working and who needs support
Non profit organizations, IT firms, professional consultants and service providers
- Starter: $10 per user per month
- Team: $13 per user per month
- Premier: $24 per user per month
- Enterprise: custom price
#6. Tracking Time
Tracking Time productivity tracker sells themselves as the “set it and forget it” of time tracking apps. Among the many features of Tracking Time, you can integrate their software with many of the other business apps you might already use. For example, do you use Asana to organize your tasks? Install a Tracking Time button right into your Asana app to help keep track of what you’re spending the most time on.
- Integrates with your other most loved business and productivity apps
- Track clock in and clock out time–especially helpful for remote workers
- Track both time and budget for all of your projects
- Specify employee roles and schedules to keep everyone on the same page
Graphic Designers, Remote Workers, Architects, Marketing Teams, and Freelancers
- Free: up to 3 users, limited to basic reporting
- Pro: $5 per user per month
Everhour is the time and productivity tracker that’s easy-to-use. Everhour integrates seamlessly with most of the other business and organizational apps you might already use. This creates a comprehensive productivity suite that helps to manage everything you need for task completion in one place.
- Track time spent on tasks, hours of work and breaks for employees
- Track employee productivity and attendance
- Estimate time, set budgets, build reports and create invoices start to finish for every project
- Integrate with other productivity tools like Asana, Trello, Clickup and others
Accounting Firms, Computer Software Designers and Developers, Marketing Agencies
- Free: up to 5 users
- Lite: $5 per user per month
- Team: $8.5 per user per month
Replicon is the easy-to-use and easy-to-configure choice for your time management and productivity tracking needs. One-system employee tracking allows you to track all employees from any location–in office or remotely. It has customizable timesheets so you can reduce errors and improve your compliance while streamlining your business needs.
- Track productivity, time and attendance
- Manage project expenses and resources
- Invoice clients
- Attendance tracking
- Automate and enforce all time-off policies
- PTO tracking
Computer Software companies with 50-200 employees
- Time & attendance: $6 per month
- Project time tracking: $12 per month
- PSA and PPM: $29 per month
#9 Timely App
Timely App is a productivity tracking app made to use on either a desktop or a web-based device. Timely App offers real time dashboards, and powerful planning tools. All of these components help teams to manage capacity, deadlines, overtime, billable and non billable hours.
In addition to this, Timely helps employees to budget both money spent on projects and time with individual clients. Timely works in the background so you can focus on your deliverables without interruption or distraction.
- Streamlined logging in process
- Fast and efficient onboarding processes
- Manage and allocate tasks in one place for visible productivity tracking
- Transparent and accurate client billing
- Manage energy output, resource utilization and budget capacity in one place
- Uncover “hidden” billable hours
- Multiple integrations available for maximum efficiency and productivity tracking capabilities
Consulting firms, Software companies, Designers and Creatives, and Lawyers
- Starter (limited to 50 projects): $11 per user per month
- Premium: $18 per user per month
- Unlimited: $26 per user per month
Hubstaff, a clean and lightweight productivity tracking app, is the complete platform for time tracking, workforce and project management. Hubstaff is versatile–made available for use on desktop, web, mobile and chrome-based devices. Additionally, its GPS capabilities make it ideal for businesses with a remote workforce.
The simple timesheet design gives you control and access to working hours and attendance without micromanagement. Hubstaff wants you to spend less time tracking and more time growing your business.
- Quick and easy set-up and onboarding
- Track employee time-use and attendance
- Track productivity
- Detailed reporting
- Over 40 integrations
- Online timesheets all in one place
Accountants, Construction, Software developers, E-commerce, Healthcare
- Free – limited to one user
- Basic — $7 per user per month
- Premium — $10 per user per month
- Enterprise — $20 per user per month
Bring your business to the next level with Actitime productivity tracking software. Actitime can help you manage time across individuals and teams in order to better allocate projects and tasks. Additionally, Actitime helps find where your teams are losing time in order to use resources more efficiently and speed up project deliverables.
Actitime works to review project activity in order to effectively compare estimates with the actual time spent. This helps you to plan your workload more efficiently.
- Transparent time and productivity tracking
- Manage teams more effectively
- Optimized for profitability focus
- Manage invoicing and project cost analysis
- Make data-driven business decisions
- Over 2000 software integrations
Architecture, Education, Design, IT, Healthcare
- 1-40 users: $6 per users per month
- 40-100 users: $5 per user per month
- 100+ users: custom fixed price
#12. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is the time and productivity tracking software that scales as your business grows. Time Doctor is a great option for managers, employees, and for the whole organization. It offers detailed tracking of time in order to see clearly where employees or teams are excelling and where they might need supervisory support. Employees using Time Doctor are better able to see areas of strength and areas for improvement–allowing for improved performance and better self-direction. The whole organization benefits from the transparent nature of Time Doctors–allowing all stakeholders to work together and work more efficiently from anywhere in the world.
- Automatic time and productivity tracking
- Analyze and measure how teams spend their time
- Helps employees see their strengths and notice when they are underutilized
- Enterprise-level security and deployment
- Custom user roles and settings
- Integrates seamlessly with over 60 different tools
Technology providers, Agencies, Outsourcing, Contact Centers
- Basic: $7 per user per year
- Standard: $10 per user per year
- Premium: $20 per user per year
Need Help Choose Best Productivity App for You?
Make sure your choice is easy to use and offer following features at least:
- Track time across activities and projects
- Calendar view of work tasks
- Time utilization insights per team members and project
- Timesheet reporting
- Billing rates
- Different roles of users, at least: Admin, manager and typical user
- Comprehensive time, revenue, cost and profits reporting
- Excellent support like in-app chat.
If you want to give a try to Time Analytics you can create an account or book 1:1 demo with our productivity experts.