Timesheet management is a process of monitoring and evaluating timesheets (entered worked time). However, it can also involve taking different actions like calculating employee payroll or invoicing to the client.
Timesheets are valuable for managers and teams who want to reduce wasted time, improve team productivity, and invoice automatically and accurately. The key is to select the right timesheet management software for your team. Furthermore, set procedures you can follow regularly, and offer real-time support and collaboration with your team, which is something timesheets can’t replace.
1. Time Analytics Software – Timesheet Tracking Tool
Time Analytics is a simple timesheet management software for an excellent analysis of time utilization, billable hours, and engagement costs. Furthermore, it helps in tracking your team members’ working time, getting comprehensive timesheets, and reducing unproductive habits. Timesheet includes information on whether the time spent is billable or not, and at what rate, total worked hours by date, client, project, and task each employee has worked on.
- Timesheet management – Tracking working time per employee, client, project, and tasks, billable or non-billable
- Client monitoring – Who is the most valuable client, client reporting, and profitability of the project
- Performance dashboard – With time utilization rate and billable hours per project
- Cost management – In the begging enter the cost per hour for every team member and allocate automatically generated costs to clients, projects, and tasks.
- Invoicing assistant – Use timesheets to create accurate invoices
- Integration – Extract data with Excel for detailed reporting
“Easy to start with and manage data on employees, clients, activities, and projects. It’s perfect for startups and SMEs”
“Occasionally it takes too long to load data, but this rarely happens.”
2. ClockIt – Time clock software
ClockIt was founded in 2009 as cloud-based time, attendance, project, and GPS tracking software. This solution is available through mobile app and web browsers. In reporting section, it is possible to easily format reports based on your needs. Moreover, there are free timesheet templates. ClockIt is one of the top-rated and affordable time clock software on the market. The customer support team is very responsive, and you can contact them anytime.
- Time and Attendance – Clock In/Out and calculate overtime easy
- Alerts – Configurate across web, mobile and email and Slack
- Geolocation – Know the location of your team members when they Clock In
- Shift planning – Create schedules and assign them to your team members
- Mobile access – Android and iOS
- Reporting – Extract data and format reports based on your needs
- Integrations – Quickbooks, Asana, Xero, Slack, MS Teams, Paychecx, and more
*ClockIt offers a 14-day trial period and a two-month discount for the annual pricing plan.
“It is great that there is a free version for a small team of two for unlimited time.”
“It is not very flexible to schedule if your team shifts are rapidly changing.”
Small and medium businesses in all industries in need of time, attendance, and GPS location.
Web, Android, and iOS
3. Monitask – Remote Business Productivity Software
Monitask enables managers to access and track team member screenshots, online app usage, online timesheets, mouse/keyboard activity, detailed reports, and more. It is a trusted solution by thousands of users and has mostly positive user reviews on relevant sites. The application allows team members or freelancers to start a clock manually after which it will take computer screenshots randomly.
- Project and time tracking – Find out how much time is spent on each project
- Online timesheet – Generate timesheets with ease
- Alerts / Notifications
- Reporting – Create detailed reports on how employees use their time
- Clock in/Clock out – Prevent time theft with online punch card in real-time
- Remote employee monitoring – improves transparency, security, and engagement
- Productivity analysis – Track the performance of team members and raise productivity
*Monitask offers a 10-day trial period and a discount on the annual pricing plan.
“It is super easy to start working with, very easy to understand”
“Sometimes timer stops, but I didn’t finish working”
- Remote teams
- Software development
Web, Mac, Windows, Linux, Chromebook (Windows and Linux on-premise, as well)
4. Jibble – Timesheets, Time Tracking, and Attendance
Jibble is a timesheet management software for teams of all sizes. It can be free forever for an unlimited number of users. This solution was founded in 2016 and till now is used by more than 20,000 users worldwide. It has received compliments from software critics and review platforms worldwide.
- Geolocation – Track time and attendance with employee location
- Facial recognition – If it comes to mismatch you will automatically get an email
- Work schedules – Manage work hours, overtime, and breaks
- Collaboration – Set up your team admins and collaborate as a team
- Timesheet approvals – Review and approve your team’s timesheets
- Activity tracking – Must-have feature for costing, productivity upgrade, and client billing
- Offline mode – Ideal for employees in remote areas or with bad Wifi
*Monthly billing only counts active users. With an annual pricing plan, you can save 25%. Jibble offers a 14-day free trial period and custom pricing for over 100 employees
“Jibble is nice to use and there are great integrations which makes it very easy-to-use”
“Sometimes loading on the mobile app is slow and an internet connection can affect it”
- Field services
- Digital agencies
Web, Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, and Chrome extension
5. Azendoo – Redefines Team Collaboration
Azendoo is a task collaboration platform, available on desktop and mobile that helps you start from conversation to action. With this solution there is no need to manually calculate timesheets, they automatically sync with projects. Integrations are available with Google Drive, Email Inbox, Evernote, Dropbox, Box, Microsoft OneDrive, Zapier, MS Teams, Evernote, Slack, and more.
- Task planning – Personal ToDos list for better priority management
- Time tracking – No manual timesheet calculation, group your projects and time entries
- Importing task lists – Import list template from Evernote and Trello
- Notifications – Receive them on your computer, mobile, or email
- Export tasks – Available to Evernote, CSV, or JSON.
- Collaboration – Easily subscribe team member to task and collaborate
- Support – On-demand 24/7
*Azendoo offers a 15-day free trial and discount for annual pricing plan
“I like the feature of comparing actual consumed and planned time.”
“It was a bit complicated to integrate all the necessary data to be able to work completely.”
Azendoo helps teams communicate and track teamwork in every industry
Web, Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS
6. Elorus – Invoicing and Time tracking
Since 2014, Elorus is considered a time-saving solution. With online invoicing, time-tracking, and billing features, it is ideal for small businesses. With this solution, you can monitor your projects and build a strong connection with employees and clients. It is possible to fill and manage weekly online timesheets or to track your time using the timer.
- Automate invoice – Arrange your billing for recurring invoices
- Customizable invoices – Add logo and pick color and style
- Timesheet management – Daily view or weekly sum with total billable hours
- Share timesheets – Let your clients track your progress on projects
- Real-time monitoring – Check what your team is working on currently
- Custom reporting – Track your expenses in a customized report that fits your business
- Integrations – Asana, Jira, Trello, Paypal, Stripe, Braintree, and others
*Elorus offers a free trial period.
“The great feature is the ability to track billing via email notifications as soon as client view my invoice”
“Invoice design can be improved it is a bit outdated”
- Law Firms
- Auto repair shop
- Software developers
- Marketing & Branding Agencies
7. Time IQ – Simple Employee Timesheets
Time IQ is a trusted online timesheet management software operating for more than a decade. It is simple to export the data for billing and payroll, and it is possible to lock the data for a limited view. It is possible to log time from the web browser on your laptop, mobile, or tablet. You can track time, expenses, estimate project budgets, and more.
- Email Alerts – Get notified when you are exceeding your budget plan
- Lock Timesheets – Arrange when to automatically lock the timesheet from any changes
- Assign billing rates – Identify your rate structure according to which you charge your clients
- Employee cost tracking – Set an hourly rate for every team member
- Limited Reports – Control which data can be seen and by whom
- Integration – Excel, Zapier, and Quickbooks
- Support – via Call, Email, or Live Chat and help guides available
*Time IQ offers a 30-day free trial period and a discount to non-profits.
“The things I like the most are reporting feature and ability to export Excel to use the data.”
“It would be wise to look at a pricing plan first because the free version has its limitations”
Not specified, for all industries and businesses of all sizes
8. Accelo – Say Goodbye to Mess
It is mostly created for Service Businesses with CRM and the possibility to keep everything in one place. With features like automated timesheets, email capture, customizable reports, and intelligent processes that alert you if things are not going well, you can forecast the future and ensure growth.
- Real-time visibility – Shared client database and transparent work of your team
- Flexible invoicing – Automated renewal of the contracts
- Smart CRM – Build relations with customers after the sale
- Alerts – If something is not working well
- Collaboration – Clients can open a ticket on the portal
- Future forecasts – Plan the future and see the accurate picture
- Integrations – Slack, Jira, Zapier, GSuite, Quickbooks, Xero, PayPal, and others
“Great support team and tutorial videos, very helpful”
“The custom reporting is great, but it really takes time to figure it out and do it properly for your needs.”
- Public relations
- Business Consulting
- Digital & Creative
Web, Android, and iOS
9. Beesbusy – Plan Tasks and Track Timelines
Beesbusy is a customizable project-based solution with features like Gantt charts, Kanban board, prioritization, milestone tracking, on-demand notifications, file sharing, project and team planning/scheduling, and tracking. You can access via mobile app or web browser and view tasks in the dashboard through individual, global and customizable tab.
- User-friendly – Simply move your tasks, or mark them as finished
- When view – Schedule, plan, or display in Gantt charts
- Collaboration – Create meetings, add comments and priorities, invite team members
- Who view – With time inputs you can review scheduled, achieved, remaining, and completed time on every task
- Customizable – Add logo and colors of your business, create custom fields, tags, and use filters
- Online support – Responsible support team will answer all your questions
- Acknowledge – Thank and congratulate your team members, celebrate achieved projects
*Annual pricing plan has 20% discount and there are special offers available for non-profits.
“If you are a beginner or an expert in managing your tasks, Beebusy is easy to understand and work with”
“It would be great if we could work offline, for those on-field or with bad connection”
Web, Android, and iOS
10. elapseit – Time Tracking Daring you to Plan
elapseit is an all-in-one workspace solution that can help you with resource planning, forecasting, time tracking, expanse, and project management. Team members can set their leave days with information about the remaining days. Employees can see who is working today and who is engaged on which project and communicate. elapseit is trusted by more than 2,800 clients in 43 countries.
- Resource Dashboard – Two views “Resourcing status” and “Project pulse”
- Timesheets – Email notification of timesheet with new projects and projected time, at the end of the day team member can enter real hours worked on a specific project
- Invoicing – Turn timesheets data into invoices
- Leave management – Team members can apply for time off with remaining days, anyone can see who is in and out of the office
- Customizable view – Projects visible in Gantt charts, Kanban board, milestones, etc.
- Real-time stats – Warning alerts, project bars, quick stats
- Public API – Integrate with any software with APIs
*Elapse offers a free trial period. The annual plan comes with a 10% of discount.
“Everything is in one place, from project management, timesheets, documents, reports, and invoicing.”
“It can be improved in the begging of use it can be a bit complex.”
For all companies in search of resource management
Web, Android, and iOS
11. AceProject – Easy to use paired with great features
AceProject is web-based timesheet management software with project management, Gantt charts, task management, timesheets, automated alerts, document management, and calendars feature. Moreover, with a customizable dashboard, you can visualize your workflow and accurately track time. The mobile app is available for Android and iOS and it helps users to remotely manage tasks and collaborate.
- Custom reporting – Define view, list, fields, order, and filters
- Timesheets – Easy time clock across projects and submit timesheets
- E-mail alerts – Be notify when there is an update regarding tasks
- Gantt charts – Visualize your tasks with filters
- Export data – Save data into an XLS or CSV format
- Flexibility with API – Provides you with the possibility to tailor integration
- User interface – Add logo, colors, and name of your business
*AceProject offers a limited free version, but there is no free trial period. A discount of 20% is offered to non-profits.
“AceProject is great for smaller organizations, it has all the basic features we needed.”
“It is almost the same interface as in the beginning when I first started using it.”
IT, engineering, SMBs of all sorts, etc.
Web, Windows, Android, and iOS
12. KanbanFlow – Simple Overview of Workflow
KanbanFlow is a web-based management solution that provides time tracking, reporting, visualization, collaboration in real-time. Overview of projects is given in Kanban boards, it is possible to split the board into Subtasks, team members, products, etc. Additionally, there is a calendar view available and integrations with Outlook and Google Calendar.
- Reporting – Use different charts and views to analyze your workflow
- Pomodoro technique – Tracking time in 25-minute intervals, but there is a basic timer as well
- Sharing – Attach documents from a computer or from Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box.
- Repeating tasks – Identify if the task is recurring and how often should it be done
- Limitations – Limit how many tasks can your team member have in one column
- Customizable columns – Easily filter to fit them with your business
- Integrations – Zapier, Slack, Excel, Gmail, Outlook, Google Drive, and others with REST-based API
*KanbanFlow offers 14 – day trial period and the annual pricing plan has a 10% discount.
“Kanban Flow has a simple design that helps me to keep on track.“
“All good features are in a premium paid plan. It would be great to have a mobile app.”
For all businesses with a need for boosting productivity.
13. ProWorkflow – Get Things Done
ProWorkflow is cloud-based timesheet management software offering project, task, workflow, and contact management, timesheets, notifications, templates, file sharing, reporting, and resource management. Moreover, add-ons for built-in communication are available and the library of apps for extension of ProWorkflow.
- Project Timelines – View projects in Gantt Chart Timeline with drag & drop feature
- Contacts – Add companies with detailed information, specific notes, and access permissions
- Timesheets – You can track time by tasks automatically and reenter it after manually if needed
- Reporting – There is Standard (Tasks, Projects, Time and Finance) or Custom (Build your own reports with filters)
- Templates – Set up templates for task, project, and invoices
- Free support – Responsive team available for advice or set up
- Integrations – Xero, Freshbooks, QuickBooks, Zapier, Dropbox, Google Drive and more
* ProWorkflow offers a free trial period. Annual pricing comes with a 10% discount.
“We have better collaboration, transparency with clients, and overall boosted productivity.”
“This solution is a bit hard to use it looks like it needs more improvement”
Web, Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS
14. HiTask – You Are in Control
HiTask is a task management solution with a single dashboard, the ability to share documents, assign tasks, collaborate, send notifications, and sync all data across all devices. Furthermore, it is easy to start using, there no need for additional learning. This solution integrates with Zapier, Outlook, iCalendar, email, Google Calendar, or any software with open API.
- Selective Permissions – Share with one team member, choose who can modify tasks
- Time tracking – Track time by project and generate it into timesheets
- Comments and team chat – Collaborate with your team members easily
- Documents – Attach data to tasks and projects
- Offline – With apps it is possible to work offline and later sync your work
- Calendar – All events of team members in one place
- Notifications – Email and mobile push notifications as a reminder
*HiTask offers a free trial period. Teams under 20 people receive discounts and an annual subscription gives you two months for free.
“Pleasant interface, without any unnecessary features, offering the right tools to do an excellent management.”
“There are some bugs that need fixing, sometimes the software crashes and no one knows for how long.”
- Marketing agencies
- Design studios
- IT/Software companies
- Recreation businesses
Web, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS and Chrome extension
15. Chrometa – Remote Work Time Tracking
Chrometa is an automated time tracking solution that helps users in tracking URLs, emails, apps and etc. This solution automatically allocates time to projects and clients and then generates data to timesheets. Besides, Chrometa offers real-time information about project progress and can alert you if you are going over time or budget.
- Automated time tracking – Records mouse movement, the time you are spending on the document, website, email, etc.
- Automated allocation – Allocate your time with project and client and generate timesheets at the end of the day
- Invoicing – With automated time tracking and allocation creating invoicing easily
- Alerts – Get notified if you went overtime or budget
- 24/5 Support – Large community of Chrometa users and chat support
- 50+ Integrations – Xero, FreshBooks, Quickbooks, Asana, Harvest, Slack, Google Calendar, and more.
*Chrometa offers a 30-day free trial period. The annual subscription comes with a 40% discount.
“I can collaborate with team members on projects without living my desk, Chrometa is a great office assistant.”
“If you need a support team, calling is not available you can use chat and community, for me that is not very helpful.”
- Project managers
Web, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and Chrome extension
Timesheet by itself can’t tell you everything about your team’s productivity and quality of performance, nevertheless, they can provide important indicators to more efficient business decisions.
Quality timesheet solution is supportive in billing clients, organizing workflow, and automating payroll. Exceptional time management and a more productive team come with exceptional software. Stop wasting time and get to know the best online timesheet management software.
FREE 60-day trial – no credit card required