TimeCamp is one of the best-known time tracking software solutions out there. It rose to popularity due to its useful features which help many businesses track time, team performance, and productivity, as well as client profitability. The platform analyzes the data it collects and creates insightful reports. Finally, TimeCamp creates precise invoices for clients, all for more than reasonable prices.
TimeCamp’s most important features include
- Time tracking – set an automatic timer to see how your team is utilizing its time
- Performance tracking – see how much time any given task takes
- Project profitability tracking – stay on budget and determine your realistic profit margins
- Productivity tracking – get an insight into the websites and apps your employees use
- Reporting – receive reports based on the collected data
- Billing – create accurate invoices for your clients
So, why would anyone need an alternative for TimeCamp?
As any business owner and manager knows, even the most similar businesses and teams have different needs. So, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to business practices. This is true when it comes to time tracking software as well. No platform is perfect, and even though TimeCamp has a lot of strengths, some weaknesses need to be addressed as well.
Users have complained about the difficulties they have faced while using the platform. These negative reviews mostly focus on the difficulty of use, and the discrepancies between the web version, the mobile app, and the desktop version. This means users have to get used to three new interfaces, which are difficult to navigate even separately. In other words, TimeCamp is not the best solution if your employees aren’t extremely computer-savvy.
The way you track your employees is another aspect you should consider. Namely, most employees don’t enjoy the thought of their employer knowing their every move. This can create resentment and
The reporting feature is another weak point if we are to judge by the reviews. Namely, the reports aren’t visual or flexible enough for some users and are slow to generate. Finally, the site can be slow to load, which can be frustrating.
These flaws can be important depending on what you expect from a time tracking program. If that is the case, we came up with 17 great TimeCamp alternatives.
What to Look for in Time Tracking Software?
As we have already mentioned, different businesses have different needs. These needs often depend on the company’s industry. Yet, there are some things every time tracking platform should offer. Here are some of the most important features to look for:
- Intuitive interface and ease of use
- Accurate time tracking
- Employee privacy
- High-quality reports
- Productivity tracking and subsequent improvement
Here are 17 options that match these criteria.
1. Time Analytics — Best Timesheet Tracker Solution
Time Analytics is a simple timesheet tracker for making smart business decisions.
Its goal is to help companies boost their productivity, profitability, efficiency, and overall performance. This time tracking solution for all businesses, can help you save time, manage your projects better, monitor the team, and keep the projects moving forward.
With this tool, you can discover your most valuable clients, projects, your time utilization rate for each employee, billable and non-billable hours, and more.
Consulting Firms, Law Firms, Engineering and Construction, Finance and Accounting, HR firms, Marketing agencies,
- Time and expense tracking- reasonably easy, takes a few minutes.
- Timesheets- time review for a selected period per person, client, task, project, and billable/non-billable activity.
- Invoicing assistant — preparing data for the invoice, based on hard facts and time utilization
- Calculation of billable hours, time utilization, total costs, and cost rate per client, project, and activity.
- Measurement of employee productivity and profitability
- Free plan – for small teams and start-ups
- Starter – $4.99 per user per month
- Optimum – $6.99 per user per month
- Premium – $12.99 per user per month
2. TimeSolv — Legal Timesheet Tracker
Timsolv is a timesheet time tracker designed to help users increase their billable time. The invoices it produces are based on different templates you can customize.
Lawyers, Consultants, Accountants, Freelancers, PR Firms, Mac Firms, and other Professionals.
- Time tracking – increase your revenue with an accurate time tracker
- Project management – keep track of the progress of your tasks
- Invoicing – use templates and calculate taxes automatically for accuracy
- Reports – organizing and reviewing costs effortlessly
- Expense tracking – organizing and overviewing expenses with no hassle
- Timesolv legal – $39.95 per user per month
- Timesolv pro – $24.95 per user per month
3. Mavenlik — Professional Services Automation
Mavenlink is an online timesheet tracker that automates business best practices for creative and professional service providers.
With Mavenlink you can get instant access to staffing demand over any time period and match it to resource availability, skills, and costs.
For professional services
- Powerful features for collaboration, file sharing, time and expense tracking
- Expert-built centralized dashboards and custom reporting for project profitability
- Project management – see all aspects of your business
- Strategic integrations with leading CRM
The pricing depends on your industry, company size, and other factors
4. Wrike — Work Management Platform
Wrike is a cloud-based collaboration and project management tool that helps users manage projects from start to finish, providing complete visibility and control over tasks.
This time tracking software will help you increase your team’s efficiency and productivity at every level, for every task and project.
Wrike is designed for marketing, creative and digital agencies, graphic designers, IT firms, freelancers, and more.
- All-in-one dashboard – have a complete overview of your day from the start
- Prepare dashboards, calendars, and organize information
- All necessary information is available to all team members
- Reports – Track your company’s progress through visual reports
- Project management – See what your employees are up to
- Integrations with Salesforce, Slack, Dropbox, Google Drive, and more
- Professional — $80 per user/month
- Business — $24.80 per user/month
- Enterprise — custom pricing
Harvest is a timesheet time tracker tool for teams and projects of all sizes. It uses the power of time tracking to help users answer critical questions about their team’s time, project progress, and business health.
For teams and projects of all sizes.
- Automatic task tracking tool – set a timer for each task you work on and switch from one to the other
- Report and analyze – Visual reports will show you your project progress as well as billable hours
- Project reporting – make sure your business is staying profitable
- Integrate Workflows
- Visual reports
- Free – for the freelancers
- Pro – $12 per user per month
VeriClock is a productivity tool designed to help companies improve productivity and save their total labor costs.
In addition to time and location data, custom data fields that managers configure themselves can be collected.
For businesses of all sizes.
- Easy set-up —V eriClock enables employees to clock in and out with any phone or tablet, on any network, anywhere in the world
- Real-time reporting— customize, generate, save and export reports, your way
- Integration — Quickbooks (online and desktop) and all versions of Sage 50 US and CDN
- Alerts and Notifications— improve your company’s operations using OT alerts, Job Costing alerts, and No Show alerts
After the 30-day free trial period, pricing starts from $ 5 per month for one user.
Homebase is a timesheet tracker with automated timesheets.
The goals of the platform are to automate and simplify employee scheduling, time tracking, manage team communication and productivity.
For all hourly teams, including restaurants, retail, healthcare, home and repair, and professional services businesses.
- Users can send messages, photos, locations in one-to-one or group chats.
- Managers can monitor and approve shift trades, day-off requests, and schedule changes directly in the app.
- Managers can add notes to shifts and report incidents to each other using the manager log.
- The time clock tool allows users to log in and out using the Android or iOS app on their mobile device to track hours.
Annual plan: $14 per location
Monthly plan: $19.95 per location
Annual plan: $35 per location
Monthly plan: $49.95 per location
All in one
Annual plan: $70 per location
Monthly plan: $99.95 per location
Journyx is an online timesheet tracker that provides companies with easy and precise employee time tracking for projects, billing, and payroll.
This time and project tracking software allows you to track the productivity of your employees and evaluate the profitability of engaging individual clients.
For mid-size to large companies.
- Time tracking- simple time tracking using custom rules, previous entries, and data from other systems
- Analytics and reporting – Quick access to reports and tracking projects in a dynamic dashboard
- Integration – integrates with your existing business systems and cloud apps
- Reports – time and expense reports come from real-time data
- Leave management – approve time-off requests through the software
Journyx WX — $5.00 per user/month
Journyx JX — $12.00 per user/month
Journyx PX — $18.00 per user/month
Replicon gives you real-time insight into project status, costs, and bills.
The design of the service is completely adaptable to all devices. Many different timesheet formats are available to suit the needs of any company.
IT Services, Consulting, Marketing, Media Firms, Engineering Firms, Architectural Firms, and Embedded Services Organizations.
- Time tracking – track in-out times, breaks, or work durations against activities and jobs
- Flexible timesheets – decide which data is valuable to you
- Advanced Reporting and Dashboards – configure the reports to suit your needs and schedule them for periodic checks.
- Validation and approvals —reduce errors on the timesheets with intelligent approvals
- Integrations with Xero, Sage, Slack, QuickBooks, and more
- TImeBill Quick Start – $60 per month for up to 5 users + $10 per additional user
- TimeBill Plus – $22 per month
- ProjectTime – $18 per month
- ProjectTime Plus – $22 per month
Workpuls is a timesheet time tracker that controls all your critical operations, in order to stay focused on growing your business. It’s a great tool for productivity analysis with behavioral insights.
For enterprises with remote workers or office employees in architecture, law, daty entry, call center, and other industries.
- Time tracking— automatic of work, project and task time tracking
- Employee monitoring— app and website usage, screenshots, and real-time monitoring
- Time and attendance — real-time view of when your employees work
- Auto-time mapping—predict project and task time via AI-powered historical data
- Workforce analytics—behavioral insights, productivity levels and trends
Employee monitoring — $4.80
Time tracking — $6.40
Automatic time mapping — $12.00
12. FunctionFox — Timesheet Management Tracker
FunctionFox is a timesheet tracker geared toward professionals in the creative field.
Users can monitor multiple jobs, manage remote workers, and track projects and budgets. You can create Gantt charts and stay up to date with your commitments and deadlines.
For Graphic design, marketing, PR, interactive firms, advertising, and more.
- Time tracking – track your team’s activities with real-time updates
- Detailed and comprehensive reports – understand the data you collect and use it to improve
- Task management —create tasks and to-do lists and assign tasks to staff or view the complete to-do list
- Project schedules – keep track of all your tasks and deadlines
- Internal communication – all teams can be up-to-date to prevent misunderstandings
- Team availability – avoid gaps and time clashes by knowing who is free
- Calendars – create a shared group and project calendar, events and milestones
- Free (limited functionality)
- Classic – $5 per user per month
- Premier – $10 per user per month
- In-house – $20 per user per month
12. nTask – Project Management Timesheet Tracker
NTask is a time tracker that enables your teams to collaborate, plan, analyze and manage day-to-day tasks. The platform simplifies business processes from start to finish, while also managing and analyzing them in real-time.
- Project management — define your projects, and allocate resources to your projects
- Time tracking and timesheets —automatic web timer or manual time entries
- Task management — plan, create and manage your tasks to simplify your work
- Team management —track team progress, give user permissions and get better collaboration
- Reporting — custom reporting with tracked data
- Issue tracking — track, assign, prioritize, and fix bugs and issues
- Integration with Slack, Dropbox, and more
- Basic —free
- Premium — $2.99 per user per month
- Business — $7.99 per user per month
- Enterprise — on demand
13. AdworkTracker — Boost Productivity of Your Team
Adwork Tracker is an intelligent time tracking solution that takes real-time screen captures with user activity statistics at a regular interval. With this tracker, you can export timesheet reports for monthly and weekly durations
Small and big organizations.
- Time Tracking — accurately tracks working time
- Screenshots —tracker takes screenshots once in every 10-minute interval with end-to-end encryption of the image.
- Online Reports — review and analyze your time tracking and computer usage data by the different types of reports like Timeline, Activity, Timesheet, Apps, and Websites, and Attendance
- Activity Monitoring – the tracker can manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time
- Starter Plan — $6.75 per-user subscription
- Business Plan —$108 per month
- Professional Plan — $216.42 per month
14. Traqq — Easy Time Tracker to Simplify Your Work
Traqq records their billable hours automatically. It tracks team productivity and performance with automated tools. You can measure and analyze the time spent on work with everyone in your team.
- Smart alerts and notifications that will get you on the right track when you forget to activate the timer
- Detailed Stats -track the employee working hours and optimize your team performance
- Monitor user activity – automated screenshots/videos
- Works both online and offline, syncing data once the internet connection is restored
- Premium Starter – free for up to three seats
- Premium Teams – $6 per seat, per month
- Enterprise – customized package available for over 100 seats
15. Apployee — Intelligent Timesheet Tracker
Apploye is a time tracker designed to help businesses of all sizes manage projects, employee leave requests, field service operations, work shifts, payrolls, and more.
It allows managers to configure access permissions for team members, and create work schedules.
For businesses of all size
- RemoteTrack – optional Employee/Staff Monitoring
- Projects and Budgeting – manage projects, track time on projects, and keep your budget on track
- Schedules – assign tasks and jobs to your team members and schedule them
- Task Management – create and measure time worked on the task
- Gps-Track – field Service
- Reporting and Dashboard
- SOLO – $2 one user/month
- STANDARD – $2.5 per user/month
- PREMIUM – $3 per user/month
- ELITE – $3.5 per user/month
ezClocker is a top-rated timesheet time tracker for small businesses.
If you are a busy business owner looking for a basic clock app ezClocker would suit you perfectly.
For small businesses.
- Clock In/Out Anywhere – let your employees clock in/out from anywhere using their mobile device
- GPS – GPS map location view will give you the information you need
- Online schedules
- Cost Calculation – the ability to add jobs so you can calculate labor job costing
- Notifications and reminders –Receive notifications when employee clocks in/out
- Solo – Free Plan
- Basic -$10/month flat fee for up to 15 employees
- Standard -$25/month flat fee for up to 30 employees
- Premium -$50/month flat fee for up to 100 employees
17. trackabi — Powerful Web-based and Desktop Software
Trackabi is an online timesheet tracker designed for freelancers, small & medium-sized enterprises.
It offers employee leave management integrated with timesheets, gamification of time tracking for higher motivation and engagement.
For any Business.
- Desktop Timer Application
- Highly Customizable Timesheets
- Customizable Time Reports – Reports can be generated from a timesheet based on user settings
- Invoicing and Payments – Invoices can be created from reports or independently and sent to clients via email
- Project Plans and Estimates – Estimated amounts can be matched with actual data from employee timesheets
- Free Starter
- Business plan – $16/month for 5 users.
- Business Pro plan – $20/month for 5 users.
- Enterprise plan (everything unlimited on a dedicated server)
Summary of best product:
Time tracking is a key business practice that helps you balance workloads, manage proactively and keep your team focused on their priorities. TimeCamp is one of the most famous and used time tracking applications in the world. Yet, the number of users doesn’t necessarily mean the software will match every company’s needs.
Expectations depend on your company’s industry, as well as the computer skills of your team members. They can also be determined by your expectations and demands. For example, some companies need GEO-location features while others don’t.
Hence, it is important to consider your business needs and what you want to achieve with time tracking. We hope that our list has helped you find an alternative for TimeCamp which will meet all your expectations.
FREE 14-day trial – no credit card required