Time Tracker apps have become quite common in everyday professional use.
From freelancers to small, mid, and big businesses, everyone is leveraging the power of time tracking to enhance their company’s productivity and get great returns.
But what about the best time tracker apps for 2023?
While all the apps have one mission: to boost productivity, their efficiency and features vary from software to software.
We will cover various aspects of these time tracker apps, what they’re good at, the list of features, and their pros and cons.
Time Tracking Apps At a Glance
Best For: Productivity improvement
Starting Price: $4.99 per user per month
Best For: Accountants
Starting Price: $18 user/month
Best For: User-Experience
Starting Price: $3.99 per user per month
Best For: Automatic time tracking
Starting Price: $10.80 per user per month
Best For: Scheduling
Starting Price: $3.50 per user per month
Best For: Scheduling and Planning
Starting Price: $9 per user per month
Best For: Productivity Tracking
Starting Price: $7.99 per user per month
Best For: Time Management and Time Tracking
Starting Price: $12 per user / month
Best For: Advanced Reports
Starting Price: $10 per user / month
Best For: Automated Billings
Starting Price: $8 per user, per month
Best For: Easiest To Use
Starting Price: $23 per user, per month
Best For: Planning and Tracking
Starting Price: $12 per user, per month
Best Time Tracking Apps At a Glance
1. Time Analytics
When it comes to tracking time, Time Analytics keeps it simple while providing all the necessary features. It’s a great time tracker app known for its billable time tracking and timesheet app. Time Analytics focuses on increasing productivity and efficiency in a company to bring a positive ROI.
For example, you can read about how Time Analytics increased this company’s profitability by 15%, billable time utilization by 55-66%, and ultimately created more transparency towards clients and management.
Now let’s talk about its features:
Feature 1: All-in-One Time Tracker:
Time Analytics makes tracking easier, effortless, and stress-free. The tool is designed in a way that it’s perfect for remote and hybrid work. You get various interesting features like daily or weekly calendar views, managing team activities, tracking real-time revenues and costs to boost your profits, and more.
Here’s a complete list of the benefits of the Time Analytics time tracker:
- Flexibility: Track time with a single click, customize your reports and leverage unique analytics.
- Calendar View: Get a customized daily or weekly calendar view, plan all tasks in one screen, view total hours, and manually edit your timers.
- Easy Time Management: Assign tasks to the teams, set billing rates, and set work hour capacity.
Feature 2: Team Performance Tracking
With Time Analytics, companies can keep their team productive without micromanaging the employees. Micromanagement decreases productivity and even creates conflicts in companies, which is counter-productive.
But with the Time Analytics time tracker, businesses can monitor the team’s efficiency, evaluate their products, and know whether they’re getting the return-on-investment. Here are some of the team performance features that you get:
- Increase team productivity and teamwork
- Evaluate team efficiency and productivity
- Monitor your employees without micromanaging
Feature 3: Security
With time trackers, companies add much of their data, like passwords, employee information, product details, etc. Time Analytics understands the importance of privacy and actively improves its security layer so the data is never breached.
Things like SSL encryption, data encryption, backup, and restore are present, so you don’t need to worry about your sensitive data in case of a leak. Here are the security options that you get by using Time Analytics:
- Data Encryption: Critical data like credit card info and passwords are safe.
- SSL Encryption: Secured SSL issued by Let’s Encrypt
- Third-Party Access: Not third-party access unless sub-processors require them.
- Backups: Active data backups to prevent data loss.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Support: +381607033040
Contact Us Page: https://timeanalyticssoftware.com/contact/
- Starter: $4.99 per user per month
- Optimum: $6.99 per user per month
Pros and Cons of Time Analytics
2. Toggl Track
Toggl or Toggl Track is one of the most popular time-tracker apps due to its customizable and user-friendly tracking features. Toggl specializes in every business type, from small to mid to big sized.
Moreover, it also syncs with various devices while keeping all the data related and relevant. Toggl has proven to be a successful tool for increasing the team’s productivity and eliminating all the manual work.
Here are the best features of Toggl Track:
List of Toggl Features:
- Employee Time-Tracker: Start free by tracking the team’s time without disrupting their workflow.
- Advanced Reporting: Easy for accountants and managers to bill the respective client.
- Integration: Can be integrated with popular apps like Jira, Slack, Evernote, Salesforce, and more.
- Project Budgeting: Keep your company productive and increase profitability by tracking data efficiently.
- Free: $0 (free for up to 5 users).
- Starter: $9 per user per month.
- Premium: $18 per user per month.
- Enterprise: Custom pricing. Unlimited users.
Pros and Cons of Toggl Track
Clockify makes time tracking easier. Firstly, tracking as many projects as you want is free, but you can get the pro version if you want the ultimate experience. I love that Clockify lets you track time intuitively without showing you many other options.
Clockify is also used by many big companies, like Toyota, Amazon, Google, and more, to track time in the simplest way possible. In a world where companies provide more and more features, Clockify keeps it simple.
Here are the time-tracking features that you get:
List of Clockify Features:
- Time Tracker: Track time using a simple stopwatch, add or remove custom time, and mark hours as billable.
- Timesheets: Select activities and time, use quick load templates, and add reminders.
- Kiosk: Easily clock in and out, and see how much you’ve worked.
- Basic: $3.99/user/month
- Standard: $5.49/user/month
- Pro: $5.49/user/month
- Enterprise: Custom solutions according to your needs
Pros and Cons of Clockify
Harvest is a great time-tracker app with instant reports, seamless invoicing, and easy payments. The software offers many time-tracking tools, making it easier for companies to scale and integrate tools their team loves.
The key highlight of Harvest is the number of integration options that you get by choosing the software. Moreover, time-tracking with Harvest is simple, efficient, and effective, making it one of the best time-tracker apps ever.
Here is the list of features that Harvest offers:
List of Harvest Features:
- Time Tracking: Track time from mobile, browser, and desktop. Integrate Harvest with your current workflow.
- Reports and Analysis: Set budgets and targets, and meet those goals with proper planning.
- Invoicing and Payments: Convert tracked time into billable hours and easily pay the team.
- Free: $0 forever (limited to 2 projects)
- Pro: $10 (unlimited projects)
Pros and Cons of Harvest
Deputy time tracking is a favorite app for companies like Nike, Harper Logistics, and DutchBros. The software has established itself as a successful time tracker with unique time-tracking features that make it simple to use.
You get many features like the time-tracker, scheduling, time clock, integrations, and a mobile app. Moreover, Deputy also offers a 31-day trial with no credit card required. Here are some of the features that it provides.
List of Deputy Features:
- Time Tracking: Record hours, verify timesheets, and easily approve or export.
- Scheduling: Instantly build a schedule, share important info with the team, and plan beforehand.
- Integration: Can be integrated with your favorite 3rd-Party tools to enhance the capabilities.
- Scheduling: $3.50 per user per month
- Time & Attendance: $3.50 per user per month
- Premium: $4.90 per user per month
- Enterprise: Custom Pricing Available
Pros and Cons of Deputy
Timely is one of the earliest AI time trackers, automatically doing most of the job for you. Even with regular time trackers, you still need considerable input from the management’s side.
Well, Timely aims to take that out of the equation and provide you with more features for automation. It automates most tasks, so your team can focus on the important stuff.
Many companies like Amazon, Kellogg’s, and PepsiCo use Timely to increase their team’s productivity.
Here is a list of features that you get by using Timely:
List of Features:
- Automatic Time Tracking: Everything is done automatically. With minimal input, Timely tracks and calculates important metrics.
- Real-time Tracking: Timely provides real-time tracking, allowing you to see your progress and time usage as you work.
- Project and Task Management: Timely allows you to track your time efficiently, assign projects to the rightful employee, and track their progress.
- Starter: $9/user per month/billed yearly
- Premium: $16/user per month/billed yearly
- Unlimited: $22/user per month/billed yearly
- Unlimited+: Custom
Pros and Cons of Timely
TimeCamp is a simple productivity-tracking app with advanced reporting, timesheet approvals, project budgeting, and a simple time tracker tool. T
he software is fairly straightforward to learn and use and can easily be implemented in a company of any size.
You get many features like automatic time tracking, reporting, productivity tracking, timesheets, and invoicing. Here are the features that TimeCamp provides to its customers.
List of TimeCamp Features:
- Time Tracking: Accurate and detailed time-tracking capabilities.
- Automatic Time Tracking: Automatically track your time in the background, capture activities, and get a full data view through reporting.
- Timesheets and Time Entries: You can create timesheets and even report time manually.
- Basic: $7.99/user/month
- Pro: $10.99/user/month
- Enterprise: According to requirements
Pros and Cons of TimeCamp
RescueTime is a time tracker app trusted by millions of users and companies worldwide. It is an award-winning software with features enabling companies to create a productive work environment.
RescueTime’s key highlight is its ability to track time spent on a task across various devices and generate extensive reports based on the data it calculates. Aside from just regular time tracking, RescueTime is excellent in keeping users focused on a task and giving them a productivity score that sets a new normal in a company.
List of RescueTime Features:
- Automatic Time Tracking: Automatically tracks your time on different apps, websites, and documents without requiring manual input.
- Detailed Activity Reports: Provides detailed reports and insights on your digital activities, showing the time spent on specific apps, websites, and categories.
- Focus Time and Goal Setting: This allows you to set goals for how much time you want to spend on certain activities or limit your time on distracting websites or apps.
- RescueTime Lite: (Free)
- RescueTime for Teams/Paid: $12 per month per user or $79 per year per user
Pros and Cons of RescueTime
TrackingTime is a free-to-start time tracker for teams that aims to keep the business running smoothly and let companies focus on the company’s growth. The software caters to many needs like time tracking, project management, timesheets, and attendance tracking, removing all the need for guesswork and manual tracking.
Moreover, the flexible time tracker allows companies and members to track their time no matter where they reside, so the company’s growth does not hinder. Here is a list of features provided by TrackingTime:
List of TrackingTime Features:
- Time Tracking: This lets you precisely track your time on tasks, projects, and activities.
- Manual and Automatic Time Tracking: You can manually start and stop timers within the app or use the automatic tracking feature that detects idle time and prompts you to categorize it later.
- Project and Task Management: Organize your work by creating projects and tasks in TrackingTime. Assign tasks to team members, set deadlines, and track time spent on each task.
- Free: Track time for free up to 3 users
- Pro: $5/user/monthly, billed annually
- Business: $10/user/monthly, billed annually
Pros and Cons of TrackingTime
MyHours is a free time tracker app that automates the time tracking of employees and contractors. The main focus of MyHours is to track time, collect timesheets, and stay on budget with real-time insights.
There are over 100k businesses that use MyHours, including AutoCAD, MayoClinic, Manpower, and a lot more. MyHours is popular due to its simplicity and ease of use. It gets everything done and still has a great balance of features.
Here are some of the features that MyHours provide:
List of MyHours Features:
- Time Tracking: This allows you to easily track your time on tasks, projects, and activities.
- Project and Task Management: Organize your work by creating projects and tasks within MyHours.
- Timesheets: MyHours provides intuitive and customizable timesheets where you can enter and manage your time entries.
- Free: $0 (Basic time tracking)
- Pro: $8/user/month, charged annually
Pros and Cons of MyHours
Scoro is another name in the time-tracking industry helping high-profile businesses. The company aims to help agencies, consultancies, and professional service firms to streamline projects by making time tracking simpler.
Scoro has over 100+ unique features, making it a reliable and efficient time-tracking tool. Here are some of the features that it provides.
List of Scoro Features
Time Tracking: This allows you to accurately track your time on tasks, projects, and activities.
Real-time Tracking: This provides real-time tracking, giving you immediate visibility into the time spent on different activities.
Timesheets: Offers customizable timesheets where you can enter and manage your time entries. You can easily record and review time spent on specific tasks or projects.
- Essential: $26 per user/month
- Standard: $37 per user/month
- Pro: $63 per user/month
- Ultimate: Custom Pricing
Pros and Cons
HourStack is a time tracker app that helps companies and individuals effectively plan, allocate, and track their time. It offers a visual and intuitive interface for organizing tasks and activities within a customizable calendar-like structure.
The software also allows users to gain better control over their schedules, streamline workflows, and optimize time management. Here are some of the features you get with HourStack.
List of Features
- Task and Project Management: HourStack allows you to create and manage tasks and projects.
- Time Tracking and Insights: HourStack lets you track the time spent on individual tasks or projects.
- Personal: $12 /month
- Team: $15 /month/user
Pros and Cons
How to Choose the Best Time Tracker App for You?
Choosing the best time tracker app can take time and effort. However, there are some metrics that you can look for when choosing software. Here are some of them:
- Features: First, you must understand your required features. It can be automated time-tracking, manual entry, reporting, and analytics. Hence, choosing software that balances everything, like Time Analytics, will be great.
- Easy to Use: Since time trackers are used by employees of various backgrounds, you need to look for a great tool for ease of use. For example, Clockify is fairly straightforward, and there aren’t a lot of distractions that will confuse your employees.
- Platforms and Devices: Choosing an application that will work on mobile, desktop, and browser will be best as you can track employees virtually anywhere.
Getting Started With Time Analytics
Time Analytics has one of the simplest time-tracking tools but doesn’t sacrifice the most important and advanced features. Time Analytics has covered whether you’re an individual freelancer or a team of dozens of employees.
What sets Time Analytics apart from other time trackers is its beautiful and easy-to-use UI, many tracking tools, and great price range for all companies. Moreover, Time Analytics has consistently proven to bring positive ROI in companies, making them grow exponentially.