Are your team members utilizing their working hours? If the answer is no, then you still need to learn how to keep track of work hours.
Time tracking usually refers to how companies record the working hours of their employees.
Employees who submit their working hours are more likely to have better time management skills while performing their duties.
Therefore, the role of the time tracker is very important in improving the productivity and responsibility of employees.
Why do we track working hours?
Inaccurately tracking hours can create a lot of issues in the working process. Without the right timesheet program, it’s easy to lose track of which hourly employees did what and for how long, leading to mistakes in payroll.
As a manager, then, your job is to provide your employees with a work hour tracker.
Below you will see some benefits why you should track work hours.
- Easier and more efficient project management
- Improved organizational skills
- Accurate planning for future tasks and projects
- Effective cost management
- Effective cost management
- Constructive employee performance reviews
- Keeping your work schedule in order
- Improved employee morale
1. Time Analytics – The Best App for Tracking Work Hours
The work hour tracker you choose for your business can make your managerial life easier. The best solution for you may be Time Analytics.
The Time Analytics feature contains all the tools you need to get the job done quickly and correctly the first time.
Time Analytics is a task time tracker that helps you to improve profitability, productivity, and efficiency. Track the hours spent per customer, employee, and service line, as well as their movements over a given period (day, week, month, and year).
Time Analytics allows its users to improve their business in a number of ways – by identifying the best contractors, profitable projects, and clients who are more likely to propel you forward.
- Comprehensive, intuitive, and detailed timesheets
- Cost tracking solution
- Performance management solution – billable and non-billable hours per project, client and project profitability, tracking time utilization, tracking employee productivity
- Invoicing assistant – preparing data for invoicing
- Preparing transparent appendix of the invoice as evidence that additional work has been completed
- Starter — $4.99 user/month
- Optimum — $6.99 user/month
- Premium — $12.99 user/month
2. Buddy Punch
Buddy Punch is a simple and very straightforward app for tracking work hours ideal for small to medium-sized businesses.
This simple, effective, and intuitive time tracking platform offers a time tracking option, automatic overtime calculations, and reports ready for payroll.
Buddy Punch is used to calculate gross earnings by filling in an hourly rate.
- Monitor Overtime
- Time Off
- Simplify Payroll and Budgeting
- Flexible Punch Options
- Employee Database and Employee Management
- Time and attendance — $25,99 per month
- Time and attendance + scheduling —$35,99 per month
- Enterprise — $45,99 per month
With Connect Team you will manage your employees with one solution because its goal is an all-in-one employee management platform.
It is a time tracking app that allows managers to put their business processes on autopilot and focus on business growth while freeing employees to be more productive.
This app for tracking work hours allows you to manage your employees from one place.
- Communication features- surveys, chat, live polls, and more
- Leading GPS empowered time clock
- Templates, in-shift tasks, status updates, and messaging board
- Checklists and forms — custom checklists, reports, and form
- Free plan
- Basic – $47 per month
- Advanced – $95 per month
- Expert – $191 per month
- Enterprise – custom plan
If you want to manage tasks, create team schedules, track work time, and bill your clients from the same platform, Paymo is ideal for you.
Paymo is a work and project solution dedicated to Design, Architecture, Law Firms, and Consulting businesses.
- Task Management – tasks, task list, n, Gantt Charts
- Time Tracking – multiple timesheet views, automatic time tracking
- Timesheet Reporting – customizable report builder
- Team Scheduling- a birds-eye view of team utilization, automatic bookings
- Integrations – Slack, Quickbooks, Xero,etc
- Free version for teams up to ten people
- Small office – $11.95 per user per month
- Business – $18.95 per user per month
With monday.com, you can know exactly how much time is spent on each project and task and create flexible reports.
monday.com is a cloud-based Work OS, where teams create workflow applications in minutes to run their processes, projects, and day-to-day business.
It is designed for sales, marketing, and project management.
- Real-time data insights
- Gantt charts
- Customizable automation
- Kanban board
- Daily webinars
- 24/7 customer support
- Individual $0
- Basic $8 seat /month
- Standard $10 seat / month
- Pro $16 seat /month
Simple, and available in the cloud or on-site, WorkPulse scales up to support the size of your workforce.
It is built from the ground up with the latest security and privacy standards at the enterprise level.With the help of this app, you can optimize the performance of their teams – especially in today’s remote working world.
- Computer activity tracking
- Automatic Time Mapping
- Regular screenshots
- Project budgeting
- Precise project insights
- Time and Attendance
- Productivity analysis
- Billing and Invoicing
- Employee monitoring $4.80
- Time tracking $6.40
- Automatic time mapping $12.00
DeskTime is a fully automated tracking solution that primarily tracks the productivity of freelance workers, small or medium businesses, and collaborating teams.
DeskTime’s performance monitoring extends to configuring of daily reports via email, while an online summary of employee activity is available at anytime. It also tracks resource usage across all your devices, greatly increasing your productivity and minimizing business losses caused by a lack of organization or less than optimally planned schedules.
- Automatic time tracking
- Offline time tracking
- Document title tracking
- Pomodoro timer
- Cost calculation
- Absence calendar
- Third-party Integrations
- Project tracking
- Free — for one person and two projects
- Pro: $12 per seat per month
This tool helps businesses manage team communication and productivity, employee scheduling, and time clocks.
Homebase is a time tracking, and communications solution for businesses and their employees within industries such as hospitality, health, and beauty.It helps businesses manage team communication and productivity, employee scheduling, and time clocks.
- Timesheet management
- Absence management
- Human resource software
- Hiring tools
- Time clock app
- Automatic reminders
- Employee management
- Shift scheduling
- Payroll integration
- Vacation tracking
- Health and safety checks
Annual plan: $14 per location
Monthly plan: $19.95 per location
Annual plan: $35 per location
Monthly plan: $49.95 per location
All in one
Annual plan: $70 per location
Monthly plan: $99.95 per location
Wrike is a cloud-based tool that helps users manage projects from start to finish, providing complete visibility and control over tasks.
With real-time work updates and personal dashboards, each team member will have a clear picture of their work priorities. Wrike is designed for marketing, consulting firms, creative and digital agencies, and large to midsize IT teams.
- Project and task management
- Team collaboration
- Real-time workspace
- Project and team reporting
- Kanban boards
- Pre-built template
- Advanced security
- Customizations and integration
- 24/7 support team
- Professional — $80 per user/month
- Business — $24.80 per user/month
- Enterprise — custom pricing
Replicon is an app for tracking work hours designed to assist businesses in accurately billing clients and contractors.
Features GPS time tracking, real-time project progress updates, productivity dashboards, and advanced analytics.
- Project Management
- Real-Time Expense Capture
- Payroll Management
- Custom Sheets
- Mobile Compatibility
- Workforce Management
- Reporting and Analytics
- Cloud Clock
- Cost Control
- Automated Vacation Management
- Email Reminder
- Portfolio Management
TimeBill Quick Start
$60 per month for up to 5 users
$10per additional user
$22 per user per month
$18per user per month
$22 per user per month
$6 per user per month
$8 per user per month
Expense Quick Start
$3 per user per month
$5 per user per month
Harvest is an online time tracking tool for teams and projects of all sizes. Every feature in Harvest is useful, simplifies time tracking, improves your performance, and transforms time into revenue.
It turns billable time into invoices that make it easier to pay online.
Harvest also helps companies put that timesheet data to work by turning it into visual and intuitive visual graphs that provide insight into teams and projects.
- Adjustable time tracking
- Tracking reminders
- Expense tracking
- Detailed visual project reports in real-time
- Project reporting keep projects profitable
- Possibility to integrate with other time-tracking tools
- Paypal and Stripe integrations
- Free plan —up to one user and two projects
- Pro plan— 12$ per user per month
BigTime will simplify your most complex problem while giving the entire team the tools they need to deliver billable work on time and within budget.
You will be able to improve the productivity of your staff by better time management.
It is suitable for accountants, architects, engineers, IT-services firms, marketing firms, legal firms, and scientific and management consultants.
- Time tracking per projects and tasks
- Professional and detailed invoices
- Project management
- Resource allocation
- Reporting and analytics
- Billing and invoicing
- 10+ integrations
- Express $10 per month
- Pro $30 per month
- Premier $40 per month
Manage and grow a successful business from anywhere with a Timely time tracker. Timely is a user-friendly software for all businesses.
It works on all your devices in a timely manner, giving you the freedom to run your business on the go. It enables the creation of powerful dashboards that can help companies analyze and share insights to encourage more profitable and efficient collaboration on projects.
You can track projects, monitor budget, work hours, or get a complete overview of your team’s time and performance with minimal effort.
- Automatic time tracking software
- Effortlessly Schedule Appointments
- Real-time project dashboards
- Easily Accept Payments
- Automatically Send Reminders
- Project and team planning
- Integrations with QuickBooks, Zapier, Harvest, Toggl, and more
Monthly — $10 per user per month
Yearly — $8 per user per month
Monthly — $18 per user per month
Yearly —$14 per user per month
Monthly — $26 per user per month
Yearly — $20 per user per month
When I work will save you time tracking work hours with easy-to-use time clock software.
It is made primarily for medium and large companies. and it’s ideal for marketing and advertising agencies.
Desktop and mobile applications give everyone the access they need.
- Time and attendance tracking
- Visualization tools allow for insight into workload and overtime
- Free app for iPhone and Android
- Schedule templates reduce hours spent scheduling and saves money
- Chat with coworkers about current work matters
- Small business — 2 USD per user per month, free trial available
- Enterprise— Upon request, only when demo version is scheduled
Accurate timesheets and detailed reports allow you to improve the profitability of your projects, monitor the performance of your employees, and collaborate in your team and with your clients. TimeCamp is an ideal solution for creative agencies, software teams, and design studios.
If you need flexibility while keeping your work structured and organized, this solution is a great choice.
- Project management
- Track employee attendance, vacation, and holidays
- Payroll system
- Project management, accounting, sales, and dev tools integrations
- Advanced reporting
- Basic — 25$ /user
- Pro — 7.50$/user
MyHours is an employee app for tracking work hours for small businesses that want to be more efficient and productive.
It helps the employee schedule time and when the task is completed, they quickly export it and send it to clients.
It allows users to track time via a user-friendly and intuitive interface.
- Creating unlimited projects and tasks
- User-friendly and intuitive interface
- Custom billing rates
- Custom client reports
- Tracking in real-time
- Manually adding time logs
- Managing time on the go
- Customizing invoices for clients
- Free – For the newbies
- Pro – $6 per active team member per month
Using ProofHub, you can easily plan, organize, collaborate and deliver projects on time.
It helps teams to stay connected and to communicate across projects in an easy and flexible way from one place.
ProofHub is a solution that helps you with project management, task management, resource management, and more.
- Gantt charts, to-do lists, milestones, calendaring, timesheets
- Easy-to-understand with little to no learning curve
- No per-user fee and simple fixed price plans
- Generating custom reports
- Project planning and presentation – relate data in a well-organized way
$89 /month billed annually
$99/m billed monthly
$45 /month billed annually
$50/m billed monthly
18. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is a comprehensive tool that provides detailed analytics of where time is spent during the workday.
The software allows users to enter the time spent on each project and calculate their billable and non-billable working hours.
A mobile app is available for both Android and iOS devices and the platform also integrates with a variety of project management and accounting software including Slack, Salesforce, JIRA, and Basecamp.
- Time tracking and employee monitoring
- Screenshots and activity levels
- Invoicing, billing, and billable and non-billable hours managing
- Productivity measuring and summary reports
- Online punch card, offline and mobile time tracking
- Basic — 7 USD per user, per month
- Standard — 10 USD per user, per month
- Premium — 20 USD per user, per month
- Enterprise — custom price
- Easy time tracking app
- User-friendly system
- Easily organize and search for customers, projects, or employees
- Automated timesheet reminders
- Configurable employee time reports and auditing
- Automated or manual approval of timesheets
- Free Plan – limited to one user
- Basic Plan — $7 per month, per user if billed monthly
- Premium Plan— $10 per month, per user if billed monthly
- Enterprise Plan — $20 per month, per user if billed monthly
Toggle Track is online timesheet software for small and big teams.
It allows you to keep track of time and use that data to go through your reports and break down your hours by clients, tasks, and projects.
If you have a small team, his free plan should cover his time tracking needs.
- Time tracking—one-click timers, background tracking, calendar integration, auto tracker
- Reporting—summary, detailed, and weekly reports, saved reports, schedule reports to email, time rounding
- Project and revenue tracking—project dashboard, billable rates, project estimates and alerts, profits vs labor costs
- Team scheduling and management-—team dashboard, email tracking reminders,and time audits
- Free —for up to 5 users
- Starter — $10 per user per month if paid monthly, or $9 per user per month if paid annually,
- Premium — $20 per user per month if paid monthly, or $18 per user per month if paid annually
- Enterprise — custom pricing for an unlimited number of users
HoursTracker groups your entries by day, week, or month, so you can easily see how you spend your time from week to week or on different jobs.
Payment periods are calculated automatically, including overtime and net pay estimates.
- Location use for time recording
- Arrival or leave notification
- Jumping between jobs
- Filtering options
- Simple reporting with many filters
- Jobs management
- Personal Edition – $5.99
- Pro Edition – $9.99
As we see the reasons for tracking time are multiple.
Time tracking is one of the most reliable methods of maintaining work stability. It provides key labor cost data, accurate payroll information, and a boost in productivity.
Therefore, without a time tracking program in place, it’s easy to lose track of which hourly employees did what and for how long.
No matter which process you select to track employee hours, use the function that fits your company.
FREE 14-day trial – no credit card required