Timesheets are a useful tool that allows companies to have an overview of the way their employees spend their time. Many employers choose timesheets instead of automated timers.
Why choose timesheets?
The answer to this question lies in one simple factor – accuracy. You may think automatic timers are more accurate. This is a logical conclusion, as they completely avoid human error. However, automation brings its own problems. All time may be accounted for down to a second with a timer, but this data isn’t representative of what’s actually happening in your company.
With timesheets, whether manual or self-drafting, you will use your employees’ insights into their workdays. This will give you a clearer picture of how tasks are completed and how long they realistically take. This data is more accurate and useful. Additionally, your employees won’t feel like you are spying on them or don’t trust them enough.
Here are our favorite timesheet software solutions for 2021!
Summary of Best Products
1. Time Analytics
Time Analytics is a simple timesheet software solution that enables you to get all the information you need. Its biggest advantage is the fact that the timesheet takes only a few minutes to complete, and thus, doesn’t interrupt or overwhelm your employees. In other words, you’ll be able to get the data you need while adding minimum additional tasks.
The design of the software is simple and extremely beginner-friendly. The form is very clear and even the employees with low computer skill levels can use it without a hitch. On the other hand, the platform gives you a great insight into your company’s current status and allows you to plan your next step.
The platform’s main goal is to help companies grow, increase their profit and find new positive business practices. It is built on the understanding of the fact that each company has to go through some growing pains to find the best way to manage their business. That is why its goal is to reduce this period of figuring out what works by providing valuable information.
- Time tracking – a trust-based timesheet that doesn’t take a lot of time or effort to fill out and still gives you all the data you need
- Reports – visual reports of the state of your company that can pinpoint the elements of your business you need to focus on and rework
- Workflow management – comprehensive dashboards that show exactly which employees, projects, and clients are crucial to your business
- Client tracking – sometimes the problems don’t come from inside the house, and this feature will let you know which contracts aren’t working in your favor
- Invoicing – an Excel integration feature that helps you create accurate and transparent invoices that take all billable hours into account
Free – option for up to 5 users and 30 clients
Starter – $4.99 per user per month
Optimum – $6.99 per user per month
Premium – $12.99 per user per month
Wrike is primarily a project management platform but also includes a timesheet feature. It offers numerous features that help companies organize their workflow. Most notably, tasks are easy to manage, as you can simply drag and drop them into different categories.
The software has a communication feature that reduces the time needed to get to an agreement among teammates. Finally, it offers accurate reports based on all the data it gathers
- Time tracking – know exactly where you stand with your projects, automatically or manually
- Collaboration – let all team members be on the same page
- Automation – skip the menial tasks and let the machines take care of them
- Transparency – make all information about any given project available to everyone involved
- Analytics – know which projects need more attention as soon as possible
Professional – $9.80 per user per month
Business – $24.80 per user per month
Enterprise – you can find out the price if you contact the Wrike team
3. BQE Core
BQE core started as an accounting platform, but it has since extended its services to project management and electronic timesheet software. It practices a modular business model, so users can purchase the features they need.
Project management and expense tracking are additional features you can purchase. Finally, there is an HR option if you want a total overview from a single app.
- Time tracking – understand how much time every task takes and how your team tackles it
- Expense management – stay informed about the resources you’re investing
- Project tracking – follow the progress of every project on your list in real-time
- Human resources – automate managing your workforce’s needs and concerns
- Reports – receive reports on your company’s progress
Core – $7.95 per month + $19.95 per user per month
Additional features bring in different monthly costs
Functionfox offers an intuitive interface and aims to make both time and project tracking simple. There is also an expense tracking feature that helps users plan their budgets. The reports the platform delivers to users can be used to stir the company further in its growth.
You can create Gantt charts and stay on top of your obligations and deadlines at all times. Finally, there is a communication channel through different boards.
- Time tracking – stay informed about your employees’ daily activities
- Task management – track the progress of all tasks and communicate clearly
- Expense tracking – know where your money is going and plan ahead
- Project management – easily manage your team through the software
- Gantt charts – transparent scheduling and work assignments
Classic – $5 per month per user
Premier – $10 per user per month
In-house – $20 per user per month
5. Zoho projects
Zoho Projects is a project management platform with a timesheet feature. Resource management and project budgeting are included in the toolkit. The app isn’t as robust and feature-rich as some, but it is a good match for smaller teams.
The platform offers clear resource management reports which show where your funds go. You can use this data to plan future projects more accurately
- Time tracking – you can log billable and non-billable hours easily through timesheets
- Gantt charts – get a clear overview of all elements of your business
- Automation – drag and drops tasks to change their status with no fuss
- Customization – no matter if you’re a startup or an enterprise, find what fits your needs
- Intuitive interface – the platform is easy to navigate and clearly marked
Free plan for up to 3 users
Premium – $5 per user per month
Enterprise – $10 per user per month
Scoro is a timesheet software solution that pays great attention to efficient time tracking. It is conceived as a comprehensive business management platform with other useful features.
Project and finance management are important parts of the platform. It shows many statistics in real-time, which helps users find the elements of their work that need improvement. Finally, billing and invoicing are taken care of through the software as well.
- Time tracking – stay up-to-date with all tasks through holistic timesheets
- Project management – a simple drag-and-drop system that makes scheduling simple
- Collaboration – a clear overview of what everyone is doing prevents miscommunication
- Profitability tracking – understand what every project brings to the table
- Planning – use the data you receive to plan your future projects
Essential – $28 per user per month
Work Hub and Sales Hub – $42 per user per month
Ultimate – contact the Scoro team for pricing
All plans require a minimum of 5 users
7. Teamwork Projects
Teamwork Projects is a simple timesheet software solution that has an original approach. It allows users to estimate the time they think they’ll need for a task. Then they log the actual time the task took, which helps them in their professional development.
Project management is another aspect of the platforms. Additionally, integrations with other Teamwork products are to be expected soon.
- Time tracking and invoicing – never allow a billable minute to slip away
- Project templates – premade forms you can fill according to your needs
- Workload resource management – make sure everyone is pulling their weight
- Project health status – get notifications when you start falling behind
- Reporting – get all the information you need to plan future projects
Free – for freelancers and small teams
Deliver – $12.5 per user per month
Grow – $22.5 per user per month
Enterprise – custom plan
One of the most popular timesheet programs, Harvest, is very straightforward. It allows time tracking on any device and browser. The software also offers other important features, like invoicing and reports.
The platform curates insights according to the data it records, and you can use them to take your next action. Finally, it offers integrations with the most popular task management platforms.
Time tracking – use an automatic timer or fill out a timesheet on any device
Reports – gain knowledge from the data the platform collects for you
Integrations – add Harvest to the tools you already use and trust
Project reporting – know which projects are profitable and which contracts need tweaking
Team tracking – understand how your teams work and how they spend their time
Free – for the freelancers
Pro – $12 per user per month
Timesolv is a timesheet software solution primarily geared toward law firms. However, any company that bills by the hour can benefit from using it. The platform offers some project management features as well.
The main goal of this software is to help companies increase their billable time by being more accurate. The invoices it produces are based on different templates you can customize.
Time tracking – increase your revenue with accurate time tracking
Invoicing – use templates and calculate taxes automatically for accuracy
Reports – different reporting options for different specific user needs
Expense tracking – organizing and overviewing expenses with no hassle
Project management – keep track of the progress of your tasks
Timesolv legal – $39.95 per user per month
Timesolv pro – $24.95 per user per month
Mavenlink is a cloud-based project management tool. Even though its time tracking capabilities aren’t enough in and of themselves, it is a great addition if you need a better handle on your business practices.
The software offers resource management and aims to optimize your business practices to fit your needs and capabilities. The collaboration toolkit enables all users to stay informed about their progress. Finally, the project management options are customizable and offer a good insight into project health.
- Resources management – optimize the way you work and prevent losses
- Operations management – know everything that is happening in your organization
- Project accounting – make estimations and plan your contracts more accurately
- Team collaboration – communication is easy and misunderstandings are a thing of the past
- Project management – see all aspects of your business and how they interact in real-time
The pricing depends on your industry, company size, and other factors
Everhour is an electronic timesheet software solution that tracks time and offers other benefits. It handles budgeting through the data it collects and analyzes. It also has billing and payroll features that make all monetary transactions simple.
The software integrates with the most popular project management tools. Its task management capabilities are also solid and keep users on track.
- Time tracking – know how much time your projects and separate tasks take
- Attendance – stay on top of employee sick leaves and holidays
- Reminders – be more accurate and avoid forgetting the important details
- Estimates – compare the time and resources you’ve planned and the realistic ones
- Integrations – keep using your favorite tools with an extra addition
All-in-one – $10 per user per month
VeriClock is a simple timesheet software solution that aims to make time tracking as easy as possible. It offers integrations with different payroll programs, such as Quickbooks and Sage. VeriClock itself is cloud-based and can be used from anywhere.
The platform prides itself on its user-friendliness and easy implementation. It offers real-time data that can lead its users to smarter business decisions.
- Time tracking – simply clock in from anywhere and start tracking accurately
- Geo-fencing – know where your employees are clocking in from
- Report reviews – communicate directly through the app to be as accurate as possible
- Integrations – continue using your favorite payroll software
- Reporting – analyze the data you collect to understand what needs improvement
Account fee of $10 per month + $5 per user per month
Replicon is a feature-rich timesheet program. It focuses on making all aspects of time tracking as simple as possible.
The platform’s timesheets are simple to use and customizable. It also controls the accuracy of the entered data. The program allows employers to analyze their business practices and improve upon them through reports.
Time tracking – the platform reviews the manual entries for maximum accuracy
Flexible timesheets – decide which data is valuable to you and ask for it
Reports – know the costs and profits of all your projects and plan according to them
Integrations – add Replicon to the tools you already use
Billing – create accurate invoices that account for every expense
Quick Start – $60 per month for up to 5 users + $10 per additional user
Plus – $22 per user per month
ProjectTime – $18 per user per month
ProjectTime Plus – $22 per user per month
Enterprise time tracking – custom plan
There are additional fees for individual features
Hubstaff is a simple timesheet software solution that automates time tracking to a great degree. This way, your employees can focus their attention on the actual tasks at hand and spend less time tracking.
The platform is available on all devices and has additional benefits. Productivity monitoring, high-quality reports, and payroll are some of them.
- Time tracking – makes you aware of the way your employees spend their workdays
- Automatic timesheets – receive a report of each employee’s daily activities
- Invoicing – tracking billable time with accuracy will help you create detailed invoices
- Scheduling – create transparent and simple shifts or indicate project deadlines
- Monitoring – get a greater degree of control with screenshots and keystroke control
Desk Free – for a single user
Desk Starter – $7 per user per month
Desk Pro – $10 per user per month
Enterprise – $20 per user per month
Avaza is a time tracking tool that also offers powerful project management features. It works independently from the device you use, so you can control the same session from various devices. It features a communication channel as well.
The idea behind the software is to reduce the number of apps you need to conduct your business. It unifies the management, employees, and clients.
- Time tracking – an automatic timer that keeps track of employee time
- Project management – know how much time tasks take and assign costs
- Timesheet approval – review the reports your employees submit for more accuracy
- Billing – create invoices that show the origin of every cost
- Reports – turn the data you collect into valuable reports to push you forward
Startup – $9.95 per user per month
Basic – $19.95 per user per month
Business – $39.95 per user per month
None, but you can try the free timesheet software solution and upgrade it later
BeeBole is a timesheet platform that tracks employee time through an automatic timer. It allows users to record their vacations or other leaves of absence. It also provides an insight into your company’s current projects and budget.
Time tracking with BeeBole works both on and offline on the mobile app. There are numerous tracking options you can adjust to your needs.
- Time tracking – flexible automatic tracking by day, week, or month
- Absence tracking – know which of your employees are available at a glance
- Timesheets – review all you need to, set up reminders and rewards
- Team management – a group overview of your team’s activity
- Reports – turn all the data you gather into guidelines to improving your company
€5.99 per user per month
Toggl is a simple timesheet software solution focused on productivity. It offers numerous integrations and is most useful as an add-on. The platform has a fresh and youthful approach and is attractive to companies with a young workforce.
This approach also makes the software a great choice for freelancers and startups. Even though it takes a more relaxed approach, it delivers high-quality reports.
- Time tracking – use an automatic timer to track your time and activity
- Integrations – add Toggl to your roster of trusty solutions and calendars
- Automatic entries – pin your most common tasks to have them at your disposal
- Reports – highly visual and accurate reports on your projects
- Customizable preferences – save the entries you need for the best reports
Free – for up to 5 users
Starter – $10 per user per month
Premium – $20 per user per month
Enterprise – a custom solution
18. QuickBooks Time
QuickBooks Time is a multi-purpose timesheet app that belongs to the Intuit group. The software is designed for beginners and users with low computer skill levels. It offers numerous features and integrations.
Team management is one of the platform’s biggest advantages, as it allows a great level of transparency. The reports the app provides are valuable and to the point.
- Time tracking – clock in with a single click and manage your time as you go
- Scheduling – create shifts and schedules and edit them with no hassle
- Team management – stay informed about everyone’s location and activity
- Integrations – connect the platform to other tools you use
- Reports – receive reports that will guide you to better business practices
Premium – $20 per month + $8 per user per month
Elite – $40 per month + $10per user per month
19.Noko (formerly Freckle)
Noko is a web timesheet software solution, formerly known as Freckle. Besides time tracking, the platform offers other features, like project budget monitoring. One of its main goals is transparency, so no team member is overworked.
The tracking system aims to eliminate human error as a factor. This, in turn, leads to bigger profits, as the billable hours are calculated accurately.
- Time tracking – understand how your team works and when
- Reporting – the data you gather will turn into a comprehensible report
- Invoicing – create accurate and high-quality custom invoices
- Expense tracking – see how much you’re gaining with every job
- Integrations – add this software to your existing tools through Zapier
Solo plan – $19 per month
Team – $49 per month + $10 per month per user
Organization – $199 per month + $8 per user per month
Enterprise – starts at $499 per month
ClickTime is simple timesheet software with the goal of making regular timekeeping easy. Yet, it also aims to provide sufficient data to propel your business forward.
Real-time reports allow for immediate insight, while reports show a more long-term overview. Project management features enable users to conduct their business efficiently. Finally, the platform pays attention to the individual company needs with customizability.
- Time tracking – the app measures time spent on projects and individual tasks
- Time management – plan projects, assign tasks, and see how you’re doing
- Reports – utilize the information you receive to grow your business
- Expenses – keep track of how much the jobs are costing you
- Attendance – receive time off requests and approve them through the software
Starter – $9 per user per month
Team – $12 per user per month
Premier – $24 per user per month
Enterprise – find out the details by calling the ClickTime team
Timesheets.com is a time tracking platform that relies on timesheets to give guidance to its users. The timesheets are analyzed within the software and turned into reports. There are also some HR features.
Employers with remote teams can use GPS time tracking to make sure the company data is secure. The program also offers expense tracking, with the possibility of direct receipt upload.
- Time tracking – see how your employees spend their days and their billable time
- Expenses – track the funds you invest in each of your projects
- Reports – get input and guidelines from the real-time data
- HR – access a centralized base of all employees and their documents
- Attendance – track the time employees spend on vacations and leaves
Freelancer – free
Standard – $4.50 per user per month
Nonprofit – $3.60 per user per month
Tick is a piece of timesheet software that focuses on comparing the time a task takes against its budget. The simple system can still produce powerful reports. It relies on an automatic timer that can be used individually or in a group where each timer is dedicated to a different task.
The platform runs on all devices to help users track time consistently. The app’s budget tracking features are built to keep you in the know about all expenses.
- Time tracking – let your employees fill their timecards and supply you with data
- Device compatibility – make entries from your desktop, watch, mobile phone, etc
- Budget tracking – easily check the status of any project and its health
- Reporting – get all the insights you need to run a successful business
- Project management – assign tasks to individual team members
1 project – free
10 projects – $19 per month
60 projects – $79 per month
Unlimited projects – $149 per month
Paymo is a time tracking platform that aims to make all aspects of a business unified from a single dashboard. The features include task management, scheduling, and billing. Kanban boards are a popular solution in general and an integral part of Paymo’s system.
The program enables users to comment on each others’ tasks in real-time. Multiple timesheet views are available depending on what you need.
- Time tracking – employees can track their hours via desktop and mobile apps
- Real-time updates – see how a project is progressing on a daily basis
- Reports – the data you collect turns into clear and highly visual reports
- Project management – assign tasks and comment on them as they progress
- Scheduling – make sure everyone is getting the work done and avoid overworking
Free version for teams up to ten people
Small office – $11.95 per user per month
Business – $18.95 per user per month
15 days when paying monthly and 2 months when paying on a yearly level
24. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is one of the most famous time tracking platforms. It practices a more strict approach to time tracking and includes a timed screenshot option. Time tracking through the system enables you to track breaks and apps and websites the employees use.
The platform offers reminders for employees who get distracted. Finally, the software delivers reports based on the data it records and can help you plan your next move.
- Time tracking – track the time your employees take to finish a project, breaks included
- Activity tracking – know which programs, apps, and websites are being used
- Reports – receive reports on all activity and see how it affects your business
- Integrations – add Time Doctor to your favorite project management platforms
- Distraction reminders – send a notification to users who get distracted
Basic – $7 per user per month
Standard – $10 per user per month
Premium – $20 per user per month
Enterprise – contact the Time Doctor team for more information
15 days when paying monthly and 2 months if you purchase the yearly plan
Journyx is a timesheet software solution that aims to make time and expense tracking as easy as possible. The platform prides itself on its high level of customization. It offers integrations with the most popular business platforms as well.
The reports the program gives come from real-time data and give an accurate insight. There is an automated workflow review option that helps you save even more time.
- Time tracking – a simple timesheet software solution that gathers data
- Data validation – the program approves timesheets and points out mistakes
- Leave management – approve time off requests through the software
- Reports – time and expense reports come from real-time data
- Customizability – have a hand in your experience with the platform
Contact the Journyx team to get information about the pricing
Using timesheet software for a while gives you a clear insight into individual team members’ productivity and skill levels. As an employer, you shouldn’t try to make every single member of your organization work at maximum capacity for eight hours every day. Timesheets give you a clear insight into everyone’s capabilities.
We hope you’ll take the time to figure out which features are most important for your business, and that our selection of products helps you narrow your search down.
Start managing your time
FREE 14-day trial – no credit card required