According to research, multitasking without time-tracking decreases productivity to 45%.
This is one of the reasons why businesses should use online timesheet software. Every company must accurately calculate the time its employees spend on tasks and projects.
Managing time and tracking how employees spend their time allows you to improve employee performance, maximize resources and monitor where your work time is going.
There is no better way to do this than by diving into crucial time tracking statistics.
Time tracking is essential for budgeting, benchmarking, improving project management, and most important, it saves your money.
Timesheets help spot employees that perform poorly and cost you company money by telling you who is productive and who is not.
We made your decision process easier by compiling a list of the 27 best timesheet software.
Here’s a list of some of the best ones out there.
1. Time Analytics – Simple Online Timesheet App
If you are looking to track, manage and optimize: time, client billing project details, expenses, or the productivity of your entire workforce, you may consider Time Analytics as a strategic partner to your success.
The core of Time Analytics is unified, comprehensive, powerful timesheets that don’t just track billable time, but also make it easy to analyze how you can work smarter.
You will save your firm from timesheet confusion with simple, intuitive, and detailed timesheets for each employee hosted on the cloud. It only takes a few minutes to fill them out.
Periodical timesheets include records of billable and non-billable hours per employee, projects (service lines), clients, and work tasks as well as billable rates.
- Online timesheet solution
- Employee time tracking per tasks, projects, and clients
- Export timesheets
- Expense tracking in timesheets
- Billable rates tracking
- Invoicing assistant
- Free: 0$ forever – limited to 5 users and 30 projects/clients
- Starter: $4.99 – per user per month ($4.29 for annual license subscription) – limited to 15 users and 150 projects/clients
- Optimum: $6.99 per user per month ($5.99 for annual license subscription)
- Premium: $12.99 per user per month ($10.99 for annual license subscription)
Time Analytics is will not going to increase prices for new features.
You can use the full-featured version in a period of 60 days. There is no credit card required. After the trial period, you can pay for the license by credit card or by invoice.
2. Todo – Tasks, Time and Billing Management
todo.vu is a productivity package that provides a unique combination of CRM, task management, time tracking, and billing functions.
todo.vu is the right tool for you whether you are a consultant, freelancer or contractor, or a small agency that needs to monitor work on multiple in-house and client-related projects.
- Time Tracking— tracking time with simple, intuitive, visual tools
- Time Billing—setting billing rates on projects and staff
- Repeating tasks –creating real recurring tasks that sync with a calendar and can be individually updated, each with independent reminders
- Mobile app
- Google Sheets integration
- Track conversations with detailed timeline records
- SOLO FREE – for freelancers and individuals (one user only)
- BUSINESS TIME – $9 per month, per user
Both plans include simple CRM, task management, time tracking, reports & Billing. Storage is limited (2Gb for Business time plan and 1Gb for solo plan).
You can use the fully featured version for free in a trial period of 14 days.
3. accelo – Plan, Track, and Deliver
Accelo ServOps includes sales, projects, services, and retainers to manage your entire business.
It helps you spend less time in meetings and more time focusing on your clients. The app tracks client accounts, projects, and timesheets.
- Milestone and budget tracking
- Project profitability reporting
- Time tracking and automatic time rounding
- Project collaboration
- Client database
- Email, forum, phone, and chat support
The price is $39 per user per month for annual license payment. All in one version costs $79 per user per month. The trial period is 14 days.
4. ActiveCollab – Project Management with Time Tracking
ActiveCollab is the project management software that gives you complete control over your work.
With this useful tool, you’ll always know where to start and what your team needs to do next.
It’s ideal for large teams in international corporations to small startups.
- Business planning and organization
- Project management (new project and tasks, collaboration, duplication, categories, templates, labels, progress tracking)
- Collaboration (discussion, teams, notes, files)
- Tracking and measurement (time tracking, timesheets, reporting)
- Invoicing and payment (billing, projects budget, and expense tracking)
- Free: $0 – Suitable for small teams or individuals with smaller projects. The free version is limited to three seats.
- Plus: $9 for 3 users – suitable for teams that need a platform for collaboration, task, and project management. This version is also limited to three seats.
- Pro: $7 per user per month – for larger teams that need a full overview of the workflow.
5. allhours – Time Attendance and Reporting
Produced by Slovenian company Spica, allhours is a comprehensive solution for time attendance with automatic timesheet reporting.
- Mobile time and attendance tracking
- Reporting for payroll
- Absence management
- Clock in on a terminal with cards, badges, or bio-metrics
- Time logging with terminal cards or bio-metrics
- Analytics and reports
- EUR 20 total costs per month if you have up to 10 users
- EUR 4 per user per month if you have more than 10 users
- EUR 3.5 per user, per month if you have more than 20 users
- EUR 3 per user, per month if you have more than 50 users
- EUR 2.5 per user, per month if you have more than 100 users
6. ATracker – Easy and Elegant Mobile Timesheet Reporting App
ATracker is a very simple timekeeping app with useful time reporting. You can easily set up your task list on the main screen and start/stop time recording for each task.
- Start and stop time recording with one-touch
- Task view – list or calendar view
- Reporting of goal progress and timekeeping evidence
- Suitable for any devices, not only mobile phones
- Task organization by tags
- Free version is available with some restriction in the number of tasks, data export, and support
- Upgraded ATracker (for Android only): $2.99 one time cost
- Upgraded ATracker / ATracker PRO (for iOS only): $4.99 on-time cost
- Premium: $2.99 per month
7. Avaza – Smart Resource Management
Avaza is a comprehensive cloud-based platform suitable for teams and collaboration on projects. You can make resources plan, track time on projects, get excellent online timesheets, make costs estimate, and prepare invoices for customers.
Online timesheet module is a simple time tracking solution that allows you to keep track of billable hours, define employee rates and make transparent invoices and reports.
- Online timesheets
- Project management
- Project resource scheduling
- Expense management
- Team chat
- Online invoicing
- Quotes and estimates
- Business reporting
- Free: $ 0
- Startup: $ 9,95 per user, per month
- Basic $ 19,95 per user, per month
- Premium: $ 39.95 per user, per month (only one limitation of storage – up to 30 GB)
Limitations in free, startup, and basic plan are related to:
- User number with access to timesheets, invoicing, resource scheduling,
- Team members with chat access
- Active projects
- Number of customers
- Number of monthly invoices
8. Beesbusy – Powerful Organization Platform with Timesheets Management
The core of Beebusy is a project management platform. With this solution, you can keep track of your project and get insight into time consumption per task and client with a simple time tracking module.
- All task organization throughout custom lists
- Project planning in a simple way
- Collaboration and communication between team members
- Multi-projects view
- Time tracking and efficient online timesheet solution
- Effective dashboard
- Free: $ 0 (unlimited projects, task, member, and collaboration)
- Business: $ 11.99 per month
- Enterprise: $ 29.99 per month
Online timesheet solution is available only under the Enterprise plan.
9. BigTime – Timesheets Online for Professional Service Industry
BigTime is a platform specifically designed for accountants, architects, engineers, IT services, legal industry, marketing, and creative industry.
With BigTime, you can improve the productivity of your staff by better time management. You can make a time budget for all employees and projects, track time consumed, and bill theta hours to the clients. In the bottom line, it leads to an increase in profitability.
- Time Tracking – timekeeping and expense tracking per projects
- Timesheets – comprehensive timesheet solutions
- Billing – preparation of custom invoicing
- Resource Allocation – task assignment, management of consumed and budgeted time
- Project management
- Reporting – dashboard, analytics, and metrics.
- Integrations – Slack, Zapier, Jira, Salesforce
- Express: $ 10 per month, per user, billed annually (Minimum 5 users – minimal monthly charge is $50)
- Pro: $ 30 per month, per user, billed annually
- Premier: $ 40 per month, per user, billed annually
10. ClickTime – Online Timesheet Solution that Improves Your Performance
ClickTime is online timesheet software that assists you to drive a firm’s profit and efficiency. With this platform, you will always stay on budget and optimize administrative costs. Click Time is an excellent solution for the improvement of employee utilization, resource planning, and management of remote teams.
ClickTime offers few types of online timesheets: timesheets for employees, timesheets for managers, and timesheets for executives.
- Processes tracking (time, expenses time off, overtime, mobile)
- Management (hours, budgeting, performance, employee permissions)
- Reporting (business intelligence, dashboards, custom reports, and analytics)
- Starter: $9 per user per month (easy time tracking, email reminders)
- Team: $12 per user per month (include starter features plus approval workflows, advanced, billing rates, time-off management)
- Premier: $24 per user per month (include team features plus, project budgeting, resource planning, utilization management)
- Enterprise: custom price on-call (include premier features plus custom integrations, single sign-on)
11. Clockify – Simple and Free Forever Online Timesheet App
Clockify is easy to use time tracker with powerful online timesheets. With this platform, you can track and manage your team’s time spent on each project or client.
Clockify is integrated with many other apps such as Jira, Asana, Trello, Todoist, Basecamp, Monday, Wrike, Teamwork, Power BI, Salesforce, etc.
- Time tracking
- Online timesheets
- Productivity management
- Calendar: Visually track time and log activities
- Dashboards and Reporting
- Free Plan – $0 forever – time tracking per project and clients
- Basic Plan – $4.99 per user, per month (additional features: time tracking for others, time audit, customized export, templates, and rates management).
- Standard Plan– $6.99 per user per month (additional features: timesheet locking, time approval, email reminders, timesheet import, time rounding, billing).
- Pro Plan – $9.99 per user, per month (additional features: labor cost and profit tracking, detailed reports, budgeting, alerts, GPS tracking).
- Enterprise Plan – $14.99 per user, per month (additional features: a custom subdomain, and control accounts)
12. Due Time Tracking — Online Time Tracking Tool
Due Time Tracking is launched in 2015 and focuses on online time tracking and invoicing. The platform offers modules for the improvement of productivity and profitability.
- Time tracking
- Calculation of projects and clients engagements duration
- Quickly and accurate invoice manager
- Tracking of productivity and time usage by an employee with excellent timesheet solutions
- Insightful reports and time metrics
It is not disclosed.
13. Everhour – Timesheet Solution For Small and Medium Business
Everhour is powerful timesheet software suitable for small and medium service companies. With this app, you may have accurate time planning and an excellent database for billing and payroll.
The platform is integrated with ClickUp, Github, Asana, Trello, Basecamp, and Jira
- Timesheets online
- Time tracking
- Task estimate and processing
- Visual planning
- Expenses management
- Budget management
- Customize reports
Pricing starts from $10 per user, per month. A minimum monthly license fee is $ 50.
14. Elapseit – Time and Resource Tracking From Project Kick-Start
Elapseit is a cloud-based timesheet tracking platform with a solution for resource planning and project management.
- Task management (Kanban, Gantt view)
- Time tracking
- Online timesheets
- Leave management
- Team collaboration
- Integrated document management system
- Expense management
- Resourcing dashboard – track and improve business KPIs with visual analytics
- Resourcing: $14 per user, billed monthly (Time tracking, resource management, and forecast)
- Complete: $21 per user, billed monthly (Complete project management solution, including task tracking)
- Custom: on call
15. Elorus – Effective Time Management
Elours is a simple software that allows you to track your time live from every screen, register your weekly online timesheets and invoice your time with just a click.
- Project time tracking
- Easy and custom invoicing (based on project hours and expenses)
- Collaboration and improvement of team performance
- Project controlling
- Expense tracking and management
- Free: $0 (Free plan is available with limitation to 5 active clients)
- Starter: $9 (limited to 25 active clients)
- Standard: 19$ (limited to 500 active clients)
- Premium: 39$
In addition to the above price, you need to pay $6 for each extra user.
16. FreshBooks – Accounting App With Timesheets
FreshBooks is an online platform focused on accounting processes. Timesheet module is a part of comprehensive features such as accounting, payment, invoicing, reporting, and others. With FreshBooks, you will have a big picture of your business, team, and clients
FreshBooks timesheet solution is integrated with Asana, Basecamp, Trello, and Teamwork.
- Time tracking
- Lite plan: 6$ a month (limited up to 5 billable clients)
- Plus plan: 10$ a month (limited up to 50 billable clients)
- Premium plan: 20$ a month
- Select plan: custom pricing
17. Hourly – Start Collecting Time Data Automatically
Hourly is a replacement for manual timesheet and time tracking solutions. Hourly collects worker’s location, time, and tasks and sends the data to the system.
Timesheets and time cards provide invaluable information to your business regarding how efficiently you use your labor costs, employee time, and areas for productivity improvement.
- Real-time tracking
- Automatically creation of online timesheet
- GPS and location alerts
- Time tracking kiosk
- Detailed reports exportable in excel or PDF
- Gold – $40 fixed cost per month + $6 per user, per month
- Platinum – $60 fixed cost per month + $10 per user, per month
In case Hourly online timesheet software doesn’t meet your needs, they offer a 100% refund of your expenditures for the first 90 days of use.
18. Hours Tracker – Organize Your Jobs and Time Entries
HoursTracker groups your entries by day, week, or month, so you can easily see how you spend your time from week to week or on different jobs.
Payment periods are calculated automatically, including overtime and net pay estimates.
- Location use for time recording
- Arrival or leave notification
- Simple reporting with many filters
- Jobs management
19. Hubstaff – Time Tracker For Managing Fields or Remote Teams
Hubstaff is a time and productivity tracking tool designed to help you with reporting, invoicing, employee payments, and more.
Hubstaff is integrated with project management apps such as Jira, Asana, ActiveCollab, Paymo, Trello, Wrike, Zoho project, etc.
- Online timesheets, timesheet approval
- Activity and work time tracking with time off management
- Payroll management
- Location view
- Dashboard for management with full metrics
- Screenshots, apps, and URLs tracking
- GPS tracking
- Managing project’s budget
- Tasks assignments and scheduling
- Transparent billing
- Free Plan – limited to one user
- Basic Plan — $7 per month, per user if billed monthly ($5.83 if billed annually)
- Premium Plan— $10 per month, per user if billed monthly ($8.33 if billed annually)
- Enterprise Plan — $20 per month, per user if billed monthly ($16.67 if billed annually)
20. myhours – Organize Your Timesheets Online With Simple Software
My Hours is cloud-based time tracking software designed for small teams and freelancers.
With this tool, you can coordinate projects and tasks, track your work hours and create insightful reports.
- Project organization with billable time settings
- Online timesheet management
- Project budgeting
- Time and task tracking
- Expense tracking
- Billing rates management
- Workflow management
- Free Plan – $0 (unlimited team members & projects, track time on projects & tasks, set billable rates & budgets, generate detailed reports)
- Pro Plan – 6$ per user, per month if billed annually (priority support, generate client invoices, add & edit logs on behalf of your team, approval workflow)
21. Qbserve – Automatic Time Tracker
Qbserve is ideal for everyone who would like to spend less time on distractions.
It automatically monitors work hours and can generate invoices based on the collected data.
- Track project based on open web pages, documents, and title windows.
- Timesheets with activity timeline, summary, and notes for each hour.
- Invoice generation in 18 languages and data export to JSON & CSV
- No subscription required
Qbserve pricing starts at $30.00 as a flat rate, as a one-time payment.
22. Rescuetime – Automatic Timesheets
ResqueTime is an award-winning tool that helps businesses become more focused, productive, and motivated.
With this powerful time tracking and distraction blocking software, you will get more from your day, without working more.
The upgrade version has an advanced report, unlimited data, real-time alerts, and more!
- Automatic time tracking
- Detailed reports and dashboards
- Offline time tracking
- Distracting Websites blocker
- Productivity reports
- Daily highlights
- Lite – $0, basic automatic time tracking (limited historical data)
- Premium – $12 per user, per month if billed monthly ($78 per user, per year if billed annually)
23. Smartsheet – Online Timesheet Tool
Smartsheet is an online work platform that helps teams plan, track and manage projects in real-time.
Smartsheet can help teams maximize productivity and improve collaboration with automated workflow options to suit individual job preferences.
- Admin center — configure and manage your account from one location
- Automation — implement simple and powerful automated workflows
- Dashboards — get real-time insight into the top KPIs status, critical trends, and summary reports
- Project management – project plan and schedules, task, and budget tracking
- Reports — share, send and publish reports, export to PDF, Excel, Google Sheets, and more
- €13 per month
- €22 per user/month
24. TimeTrack -Project Time Tracking Tool
TimeTrack is software for small and medium-sized companies
It is ideal for collaboration in teams and companies and also is designed for individuals who want to keep track of their projects.
- Attendance tracking and leave management
- Project tracking and management — easy project reporting and centralized controlling
- Expense tracking and invoicing create an invoice from your billable hours and expenses
- Standard €4.00
- per user/month, paid annually
- Premium €8.00
- per user/month, paid annually
- Gold €10.00
- per user/month, paid annually
25. Timelive – Web-Based Timekeeping Software
TimeLive timesheet software is one of the best solutions for any business to manage its projects.
This timesheet app helps you to track productivity, working hours, expenses of your staff and generates reports quickly.
- Time tracking online
- Time and expense tracking
- Time off tracking
- Time and billing invoicing
- Employee timesheet
- QuickBooks timesheet
- Project management
- Free Trial 30days
- Standard $3 / user
- Premium (50 Users) $200 / month
- Enterprise (200 Users) $400 / month
26. TimeLog –Easy Time Tracker
TimeLog is a fully-featured project management software that helps businesses manage time tracking.
TimeLog allows employees to report for leaves and sickness absences and send approval requests to managers in real-time.
It offers a variety of functions such as communication management, customizable workflows, collaboration, performance monitoring, and data management.
- Time tracking – flexible and intuitive
- Project management – a complete overview of projects
- Automated project invoicing
- Reports – more than 80 management reports
- Resource and HR management
- Integration with several third-party platforms such as Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Outlook, SharePoint, Fortnox, Exact and more
- Basic 5€ per license/month
- Basic Plus 10 € per license/month
- Advanced 25€ per license/month
- Basic 8€ per license/month
- Basic Plus 16 € per license/month
- Advanced 35€ per license/month
27. Wrike – Project Management Software
Wrike is an online timesheet software that keeps your remote teams connected.
With Wrike, there is no need for presentations, word documents, or any of this additional work. It’s customizable enough for each employee on the team to easily see the big picture.
- Customized tools for any team – workflows, dashboards, request forms, and more
- Ability to instantly share tasks, files, and reports.
- Keep a personal to-Do List and ideas
- Collaboration and reporting
- Easy integration with popular applications
- Free plan $0 (A simple shared tasks lists for small teams)
- Professional plan – $9.80 per user per month (Full project planning and team collaboration)
- Business plan – $24.80 per user per month (Robust work management with customization)
- Enterprise plan – customized pricing (Comprehensive solution with advanced security & controls)
Based on all the previously mentioned tools features, we have singled out the ones that stand out the most in certain categories.
Time Analytics, Wrike, Rescuetime
Time Analytics, Clockify, myhours
BigTime, Elapseit, Wrike, Hubstaff,
Clockify, Hubstaff, Wrike,
Longest trial Period
Most intuitive interface
FREE 60-day trial – no credit card required