Actitime is a time tracking platform that allows its users to make informed business decisions.
The tool’s analysis features help business owners and managers find out exactly what is halting project progress.
In other words, by tracking employee time, the management is able to troubleshoot problematic areas (and not the entire process).
That is to say, you can keep the elements that go smoothly and get rid of issues.
Actitime offers a free plan and three paid options.
Let’s inspect what the platform offers within each of these plans.
Plans to Fit Teams of All Sizes
Actitime’s plans don’t offer different options, except for the Free plan.
Rather than basing its plans on features, the platform focuses on the number of employees that will be using it.
Let us take a look at the platform’s features.
Actitime’s free plan is the only one that comes with limited functionality.
That is to say, some features are not included in the plan, and you’ll have to purchase a paid plan if you want to access them.
The plan is available for small teams (up to three members).
This makes it a good option for freelancers who aren’t interested in the more complex intricacies of their time but want a simple way to see the structure of their working hours.
The Features Not Included in the Free Plan
- Overtime tracking
- Approval of the tracked time
- Task estimates
- Custom task fields
- Chrome extension
- Zapier and QuickBooks integrations
The Other Plans
Actitime forms its pricing based on the number of users.
If your team has up to 40 users, the price is $7 per user per month.
Teams of 41 to 200 members will pay $6 per user per month.
Finally, if you employ over 200 people, you will be paying a fixed monthly cost of $1500 and can have an unlimited number of users.
As you can see, the platform is a good option for large teams and becomes more affordable as the number of people grows.
Time Tracking Features
Actitime tracks time through timesheets. The employees fill them in manually and submit them.
There is a single, weekly, view of the timesheets. It shows employee activities in a clear and easy-to-follow overview.
- Weekly timesheets – enter time logs manually and submit them at the end of the work week.
- Comments – add notes about your work so the management stays informed
- Overtime tracking – track the time you’ve spent in the office after your regular working hours
- Timesheet locking – disable future changes in your timesheets
- Approval – review, approve and edit timesheets for higher accuracy
- Notification – never forget to submit a timesheet with custom reminders
- Chrome extension – use the browser to log time automatically
- Mobile app – track time from anywhere, online and offline
Even though proof of work is important, time tracking tools get to truly shine when it comes to understanding your business and helping you make better decisions.
- Staff performance – see detailed time logs and see how your team spends time
- Time balance – see time balances and overtime hours for teams and individuals in a specific period
- Leave balance – keep track of who has leave time and who’s used it up
- Time performance – compare your time estimates to the real time worked
- Billing reviews – see how many hours worked were billable
- Cost of work – get information on costs coming from working hours, overtime, and leave
- Profit and loss – see which tasks, projects, and clients are profitable
- Templates – create report models that contain all the information you need
- Exporting – you can export all logged data as CSV
- Real-time tracking – track your team’s performance as it happens through widgets
Actitime allows the management to assign roles and allocate tasks to specific team members.
- Employee structure – assign roles and divide your staff into teams
- Estimates – assess how much time is needed for each activity
- Deadlines – let your team know how much time they have to finish their work
- Workflows – create workflows and task statuses to make sure you’re on track
- Kanban board – show the progress of a project in the popular view
- Task assignment – allocate tasks to specific team members to streamline the workflow
- Import – add information you have in CSV format to the software quickly
- Custom fields – decide how you want to collect additional data on tasks
The software allows you to create a hierarchy that reflects management positions.
- Roles and permissions – decide which team members have certain permissions
- User grouping – find the best criteria to group your team by
- Bulk invitation – add all team members at once to save time
- Schedules – create schedules for your entire team
Time off is a requirement in many countries. Actitime helps you make more sense of it and stay accurate.
- Overtime – calculate overtime on the company and individual levels
- Leave types – set up different types of leaves and their policies
- PTO and sick day management – know the balance of remaining PTO for all employees
- PTO accrual rules – add your company’s rules to the system
You can integrate Actitime with multiple important business software solutions.
- Software options: Zapier, QuickBooks Online, actiPLANS, API, Chrome extension
Costs and Billing Features
- Billable work – assign billability and non-billability to different activities
- Billing rates – set up different billing rates for all types of tasks
- Work cost rates – set your team’s hourly rates, as well as overtime rates
- Invoices – create invoices based on completed work and hourly rates
- Leave and overtime costs – see how much time off and overtime are costing you
Additional Paid Features
- Customization – get personalized features that fit your specific needs
- Data service – request data import, export, and modification
How many users, clients, projects, and tasks can the software handle?
You can create an unlimited number of all of these elements within the system.
What is the difference between Actitime Online and Downloadable?
Actitime Online relies on a cloud. The payments refer to service periods.
Actitime Self-hosted is installed on a company’s server and is hosted on-premise. You get the current version of the software and pay for further major upgrades.
Time Analytics As An Alternative
Actitime is a simple, yet feature-rich platform. This makes kit one of the most famous time tracking services globally.
Yet, the service is not the only solution.
One of the platform’s biggest drawbacks is the reliance on manual time logging.
To put it simply, some businesses need a more accurate way to track time. Relying on an employee’s memory, especially in a weekly view, could be detrimental. Especially if you are sending the reports to your clients.
If these issues worry you, Time Analytics can be a great substitute.
Let’s review the alternative solution.
Pricing and Features
Starter ($4.99 per user per month)
- Unlimited number of clients, projects, and tasks
- User roles – give your management specific permissions
- Task management – let authorized employees create and assign tasks to team members
- Cost management – make sure your expenses aren’t higher than what you’ve predicted
- Reports – get accurate reports based on the information the software collects
- Support – write an email to our support team and resolve any issues
Optimum ($8.45 per user per month)
- All features from Starter
- Invoicing assistant – create an itemized appendix for every client, showing the activities that went into a project
- Reminders – employees who don’t submit their timesheets will receive email reminders
- Profit overview – these reports can help you identify issues before they grow into bigger problems
- Customized onboarding – step into the software with ease with our help
The Yearly Discount
The pricing of the two plans we’ve shown you relate to monthly subscriptions.
However, if you decide to purchase a yearly plan, you will receive a discount. The Starter plan will, in this case, cost $4.29 per user per month. The Optimum, on the other hand, will be $5.99 per user per month.
We offer another discount for companies with more than fifty employees.
If you’re still unsure, you can get a 14-day free trial of both plans. The trial is fully functional and doesn’t require a credit card.
Time Tracking Features
Time tracking is the core feature Time Analytics offers. There are two ways the employees can track their time.
The first one includes using a time clock. A simple click of a button starts and stops the timer. the software then automatically creates a timesheet entry. As time is tracked within specific tasks and projects, it is automatically allocated to the right client, including costs.
The second method relies on manual timesheet entries. Again, the entries correlate to specific clients, and the expenses are allocated to them.
- Simple time tracking – start and stop tracking time with a click of a button or make simple entries
- Saving entries – use the old templates to create new entries instead of always creating them from scratch
- Two views – see all tasks broken down by day or week for easier navigation depending on their nature
- Task allocation – managers can create and assign tasks to specific team members
- Real-time view – always have an overview of everyone’s current tasks
Performance of Projects and Clients
No time tracking tool is complete without extensive reports on the state of the company. Our platform gives you information on the success of different projects and client profitability.
The goal of these reports is to prevent any business from losing money on bad contracts. In other words, you will be able to negotiate better conditions to let unprofitable clients go.
This way, you’ll be working on profitable projects exclusively.
- KPI reporting – understand all key performance indicators that make your business tick
- Client tracking – differentiate between profitable and unprofitable clients and make informed decisions
- Profit generation – understand how profit is made in individual projects or service lines
- Billability optimization – never miss a billable activity again. Your time and expertise need to be compensated for
- Billing – create extensive itemized appendices for each client to boost your reputation and avoid misunderstandings
Employee Performance Monitoring
All businesses need to keep track of their employees. otherwise, no one would be doing their job.
However, there is a thin line between understanding someone’s workload and micromanaging them. Managers should strive to never cross that line, as doing so can create a negative attitude toward work.
That is why Time Analytics offers multiple features to prevent micromanagement.
- Track unrecorded hours – make sure all employees are working during all scheduled hours
- Track overtime – see which employees are working overtime to be able to find out why
- Evaluate productivity – compare billable hours among the staff to find the top performers
- Task structure – find out how you can improve the current workflow by understanding task difficulty and duration time
- Increase profitability – see whether the revenues are matching your predictions and work on optimization
Time Analytics relies on user-friendly timesheets.
These documents have been designed so anyone can fill them in a matter of minutes.
The timesheets can be adjusted to show only specific information, and there is an export option as well.
- Customize data – create templates with the most important data for your business and forget unnecessary fields
- Two views – choose a daily or weekly view depending on your business’s workflow and task frequency
- Timesheet editing – let the employees make manual changes to the timesheets when necessary
- Review – the managers can review and make last-minute changes to the timesheets
- Export – you have the option to export the timesheets as either Excel sheets or PDF files
Our platform allows you to create appendices for your invoices and increase transparency.
The data coming directly from the employees is used to calculate expenses.
On the other hand, the clients will receive an itemized list of tasks that went into their projects.
- An accurate appendix – add a list of all tasks and the employees involved in the project
- Automatic Billing – the software has the option of assigning billing rates to every employee for easier calculation
- Customize – filter and edit the invoice to offer the most important information
- Editing – make sure everything is in order and make changes when needed
- Exporting – export and print the appendix to send it to the client
Track Time Off
Time off impacts any organization’s scheduling.
That is why it’s crucial to know which members of your staff are available at any moment.
Time Analytics offers a simple system for time off requests and scheduling.
- Request PTO – submit a request for paid time off directly through the platform
- Availability – a single look will show the management who is available to come in on any day
- Diversity – there are eight different PTO options that cover all bases
- Track PTO – know your accrual balance and track the time you’ve spent on holidays
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be charged when my free trial period expires?
No. We do not require a credit card in the free trial period and there is no charge within the trial. In case you select one of the paid plans after the trial period you will be charged in line with the selected plan.
Can I use Time Analytics for free after the expiration of the trial?
Once your initial trial expires and you haven’t picked one of the plans, Time Analytics will extend your trial for an additional 14 days. If you want to continue using Time Analytics after the expiration of the trial or the extended trial you will need to purchase a plan you prefer.
How to calculate the license cost?
Calculating the monthly or yearly license cost is simple. Multiply the number of active (enabled) users in your organization by the price per user/month that is stated in the pricing plan.
How do you count users for the purpose of billing?
You only pay for the users (team members) marked as Enabled in your Team section. If someone leaves the company or you do not want to track their time simply mark them as Disabled. Once the user is disabled or deleted they are not accounted for in billing. The data associated with the deactivated or deleted user will be retained.
What is the difference between paying monthly or annually?
You are offered both monthly and annual licenses. You can select a payment period that is more suitable for you. If you select an annual license you will get a significant discount (two months are free), you will receive only one invoice, and you have to pay a whole year’s subscription. Monthly-based payment is without discount and requires invoice administration each month.
Do you offer discounts?
Time Analytics offers two types of pricing discounts
The first discount is quantity-based, that is, for large teams.
The discount is applicable for teams with over 50 employees. In case you have over 150 users, you have the right to an additional discount.
The second discount is related to paying the yearly instead of the monthly license. By paying the yearly license you get to use the platform for free for two months.
Actitime is one of the most popular time tracking options currently on the market.
However, its strict tracking practices can cause dissatisfaction among the staff.
We have summed up its most important features for a simpler overview.
Remember – each business is specific. The way you’ll track time needs to reflect your company’s values and culture.
That is why we’ve given you an alternative as well.
FREE 14-day trial – no credit card required