Homebase is an all-in-one employee tracking software that helps small businesses manage their work schedules, time clocks, payroll, HR, etc.
The software contains a great user interface and is easy for all users.
However, many users have reported issues like a lack of clocking out during lunch breaks, poor GPS performance, etc.pow
Hence, this blog will cover the top 10 best Homebase alternatives for time tracking in 2023.
List of Alternatives
$4.99 - $6.99 per user per month
$8 per month + $7/month per user - 15 per month + $9/month per user
When I Work
$2.5 - $6.00 per user per month
$0 - $99 per month per 30 users
Starts at $8 per user per month
$0-$3.99 per user per month, custom plans available
$0 - $11.99 per user per month
$3.45 per user per month
$3.50 - $4.90 per user per month, custom pricing
1. Time Analytics
Time Analytics is one of the best Homebase alternatives due to the set of features it provides. It is one of the best time-tracking and timesheet apps that allows you to increase your team’s performance effectively.
Like Homebase, Time Analytics focuses on team management and productivity-enhancing, but it also provides easier clocking in and out features. Another benefit of using Time Analytics is getting a 14-day full-featured trial with no credit card required.
Hence, if you want to experience Time Analytics, you can fully immerse yourself and try the tool out.
List of Features:
Time Tracking Features
Time Analytics has some of the most advanced and customizable time tracking features. The data from the project time tracking is automatically added to your timesheets, reports, and the dashboard.
Hence, when you retrieve the data, you can gain additional insight into your team’s performance and how much each person has worked, and the reports allow you to make important decisions.
Here are the time tracking features you get by choosing Time Analytics:
- Add time manually or use an automatic timer.
- Select the project, task, or client.
- Mark each activity as billable.
- Add notes.
- Scheduling the time on a daily or weekly basis
- Alight team members and clients to the managers
Client Time Billing
One of the most useful features of Time Analytics is the addition of Client time billing. In traditional systems, billings can cause a lot of confusion. However, with Time Analytics, you can create invoices and reports in minutes based on the team’s billable hours tracked.
You don’t need your accountants to calculate the time and bill according to it since the software does it all by itself. Here are the client time billing features that I experience while using Time Analytics:
- Transparent invoices and presentations
- Easy integration with Excel
- Easily list all projects, work tasks, and team members working on a project.
Time Analytics has some of the best security systems in place. From SSL security, a good password encryption, secured transactions, to having some of the best backup systems on the market, you’re not missing out on anything.
Time Analytics understands that the users are number 1 priority, and that’s how you get their security being industry grade with lots of backups in place.
- Free: 14 days full-featured free trial
- Starter: $4.99 per user per month
- Optimum: $6.99 per user per month
ClockShark is another great homebase alternative with a plethora of features. The main highlight of ClockShark is its ability to perform as a great GPS time tracking tool. The target audience of ClockShark is people who are out in the field, and teams that are more hands-on than just sitting on the desk.
ClockShark is a great timesheet software that works with many big industry giants. It features paperless job management and provides all the necessary time tracking tools you might need.
Here is the list of features you get with ClockShark.
Employee Time Tracking
- Keep track of all the job expenses
- Tools built specifically for construction and field service
- Track multiple employees with a single timesheet app
- Easily create schedules and notify employees quickly.
- Know the exact location of each employee with GPS time clock
- Breadcrumb trail of every site visited by employees throughout the workday
- Create a Geofence around every job site
- Standard: $8 per month + $7/month per user
- Pro: $15 per month + $9/month per user
3. When I Work
When I Work makes scheduling faster, time tracking easier, and communication better. It has all the nooks and crannies to become the perfect Homebase competitor as it does its job like a champ. When I Work is ideal for companies who are looking for an easy and effective tool for tracking their employees’ time.
Moreover, they have worked with big brands like Harvard, Tesla, SoundCloud, and a lot more, which boosts the credibility, taking it on a bigger level. Here are all the features you get by choosing When I Work.
- Team management (onboard new staff, approve time off request, review shift trades)
- Team accountability (shift conformation, mobile clock in, shift task, and chat)
- Team communication (1:1 chatting and group chat features)
- Team empowerment (Manage availability, time-off request, and collaboration tools)
- Standard: $2.50 per user per month
- Advanced: $6.00 per user per month
Connecteam is another great competitor and alternative to Homebase. It makes communication, time tracking, scheduling, and task management a breeze.
What I loved about Connecteam is that it has all-in-one features for every business or individual who is looking forward to tracking the company’s time. Moreover, since everything is paper free and automated, you need minimal human assistance as Connecteam automatically gives you updates.
The focus is towards providing companies with the best possible team performance by enhancing their focus, accountability, and performance.
Here is the list of features you get by using Connecteam.
Time Clock Features
- Accurately track the employees’ time
- Easily turn the timesheet data into automated payroll in seconds
- Avoid time theft with accountability features
- Small Business: $0
- Operations Basics: $29 per month per 30 users
- Operations Advanced: $49 per month per 30 users
- Operations Expert: $99 per month per 30 users
Rippling is a great Homebase alternative that is built around simplifying HR, IT, and Finance. It’s a great time tracking tool for IT businesses who are looking for all the Fintech solutions for their organization.
My experience with Rippling has been excellent thanks to their cloud solutions that are built for different audiences. First, you have the HR cloud with many HR based solutions. Then you have an IT cloud with all the IT solutions, and at the end, you have a Finance Cloud that caters to the financial side of a company.
So let’s talk about all the features you get by using Rippling.
- Talent Hiring
- App management
- Inventory management
- Device management
- Corporate Cards
- Expense Management
- Bill Pay (Coming Soon)
- Starts at $8 per user per month
BambooHR is similar to Homebase in many cases. It comes with HR, Payroll, and Employee tracking features that are easy to use. BambooHR is also an award-winning software with over 30,000+ companies under its belt.
One thing that I found quite exciting was the overall theme and user-experience of BambooHR. It has all the HR features that you can need, and it makes the onboarding process easier. If you’re looking for the best possible HR time-tracking solution, then BambooHR is the perfect pick for you.
Here are the features it provides.
Employee Experience and Performance
- eNPS to understand the feelings of employees
- Performance management features
- Employee Wellbeing features
- Custom Pricing
Jibble boasts itself as the new standard of time-tracking software. Well, it is one of the first software that offers time tracking for free. Aside from solutions like Clockify, Jibble is the perfect Homebase alternative and provides massive products with great integration options.
Upon doing my research, I found out that Jibble works with big companies like NHS, Maxis, Harvard, Pizza Hut, Pepsi, and a lot more. Here are the features it provides.
- Easily manage timesheets using the mobile app
- Get real-time updates on app or web
- Detailed analytics and feedback
- Real-time data for 100% accurate attendance
- Time-off scheduling options available
- Facial recognition feature available
- Free: $0 forever with limited features
- Premium: $1.99 per user per month
- Ultimate: $3.99 per user per month
- Enterprise: Custom Solutions
Clockify is one of the best time-tracking software and acts as the perfect alternative to Homebase. It is also an easy to use software, and it comes with all the basic time tracking tools. However, in my experience, it lacks many advanced tracking features that might be needed in a big company. But if your requirement is to use a software like Homebase, the Clockify acts as the perfect alternative.
Here are some of the features you get.
- Track work hours in real time
- Great calendar to block out and manage time effectively
- Enter manual or automatic time in the timesheets
- Custom reporting options available
- Free: $0 forever
- Basic: $3.99 per user per month
- Standard: $5.49 per user per month
- Pro: $7.99 per user per month
- Enterprise: $11.99 per user per month
OnTheClock is a great cloud based time-tracking solution available online. It is a perfect time-tracking solution for small businesses just like Homebase. What impressed me was that despite being a cloud based system, all the necessary features were present, and the software worked like a charm.
If you’re looking for a solution that is simple, effective, and eye-catching, then OnTheClock is the perfect cloud-based Homebase alternative out there. Now, let’s talk about its features.
- Log in anywhere with a good and simple user-experience
- Improve communication by using the chatting features
- Improve accountability of team and integrate payroll easily
- $3.45 per user per month
Deputy is an amazing time tracking tool that perfectly replaces Hoebase with its good user-experience, and a fairly simple tracking system. It has many features like scheduling, time tracking, time clock app, labor compliance tools, mobile apps, and a huge list of integration.
I personally loved how Deputy works and has so many features, but they still somehow make the software look simple.
Here are the features you get with Deputy
- Easily collect and verify timesheets
- Seamlessly connect timesheet app data with payroll
- View real-time attendance
- Scheduling: $3.50 per user per month
- Time & Attendance: $3.50 per user per month
- Premium: $4.90 per user per month
- Enterprise: Custom Pricing
How to Choose the Best Deputy Alternative for You
To look at the best Deputy alternative, you’ll need to look at the following features in a time tracking tool:
If HR tools are important for you, then you should look for a time tracker with HR features that makes Onboarding, Employee experience, and time-tracking easier
Time tracking features are the core of software like Homebase. Hence, you should look for important time-tracking features that will increase you company’s productivity
Having a good design is everything for a time-tracker. It makes time tracking easier and effective, while providing employees with easy to understand features.
Getting Started with Time Analytics
If you’re looking for the perfect Homebase alternative, then Time Analytics might be the best pick for you. It has all the necessary time tracking features with a great user-interface. Time Analytics also makes payroll and invoicing easier, making it the perfect Homebase alternative app.
Get Started with Time Analytics Today
Saad started his Content Writing journey in 2019 on Fiverr, where he catered to over 100 businesses in different niches like SaaS, Crypto, Meta, Gaming, Entertainment, and more.