If you are a business owner you may be looking for a QuickBooks time alternative simply because you want something more than a basic time tracking tool.
You probably need a robust solution to manage your team’s hours and schedule. In addition to QuickBooks’ limited integrations, you may find its price to be prohibitive.
There can be many reasons for you to look for a QuickBooks time alternative, but similarly, we have many alternatives available that can fulfill your requirements.
Top 10 QuickBooks Alternatives to Consider:
# 1 Time Analytics ($4.99-$6.99/month)
# 2 Time Doctor ($7-$20/user/ month)
# 3 Paymo ($4.95-$20.79/user/month)
# 4 Harvest ($10.80/user/month)
# 5 BigTime ($10-$40/user/month)
# 6 ClockShark ($8-$15/user/month)
# 7 Clockify ($3.99-$11.99/user/month)
# 8 Hubstaff ($5.83 – $8.33/user/month)
# 9 Timecamp ($7.99 – $10.99/user/month)
# 10 Replicon ($12 – $29/month)
1. Time Analytics
Time Analytics is a wise QuickBooks time alternative to select, from the list provided.
Source: Time Analytics website
Using its platform, users can track projects, clients, and the workforce in real-time with its innovative time management and tracking tool.
With this app, businesses can manage their workforce and resources efficiently.
- Track time either by entering the data manually, or using the Automatic Tracker
- Notes can be added to any recorded hour
- All entries can be copied, moved or edited
- Make a weekly or daily schedule for your time
- Assign permissions for different tasks to different people
Team performance Tracking
- Find out which team members used their full scheduled time
- Explore the reasons behind overtime work by employees
- Keep a track of unused and unrecorded hours
- Maintain a leave and time-off record
- Keep track of billable and non-billable hours
- Organise your team’s tasks
- View a timesheet for a specific period.
- You can choose which items to include in time management reports, such as the name of the employee, the project, the task, the client, the notes, the billable and unbillable hours, and the rate.
- Take a look at your team’s activities and notes
- Make any necessary edits to your team’s timesheets
With Time Analytics, safeguarding the client’s sensitive information is of the utmost importance. Listing a few of the Security features you get with Time Analytics.
- Data Encryption
- SSL Encryption
- Taking daily backups of data
- In the event of a disaster, automated backups are available for 7 days
- P : +381607033040.
- Email : email@example.com
- Sales Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact form
- Started plan: $4.99/user/month (Time Tracking on Projects and Clients, Time and Cost reporting, Visual Reports and much more)
- Optimum plan. $6.99/user/month (Starter Feature plus, Revenue and Profit reporting, Customised onboarding)
2. Time Doctor
Using Time Doctor, businesses can monitor their workforce productivity using a cloud-based time tracking system.
Source: Time Doctor website
There are tools for tracking time, monitoring web activity, managing payrolls, and producing reports. For a quickbooks time alternative, Time Doctor is a good choice that can help your business increase its productivity.
- Track time spent on projects for yourself, remote employees, and outsourced teams with ease
- Bill clients and pay employees accurately by tracking time down to the second
- Track time online and offline on computers, tablets, and mobile devices
Budgeting and Project Management
- By identifying tasks that waste time, you can increase productivity
- Idle computer reminders and distraction alerts keep you focused
- Save on administrative costs with reliable task and project management, time tracking, and automated timesheets.
Time Doctor App
- You can track tasks on Jira, Asana or Trello with Time Doctor’s new Chrome extension.
- Time Doctor 2 App available for download as well
- Basic : $7/user/month (Basic Time Tracking, Activity Tracking, Unlimited Screenshots)
- Standard : $10/user/month (Basic plus more, Payrolls, 60+ Integration, Daily email notification)
- Premium : $20/user/month (Video screen captures, Internet connectivity report, VIP Support)
Businesses can use Paymo for project management, time tracking, and team collaboration. It improves productivity, which results in increased profitability by streamlining workflows.
Source: Paymo website
Various features and integration options make it a great quickbook time alternative for businesses of all sizes and industries.
- Identify and fix bottlenecks with statuses and cards
- You can create workflows with different task stages on the Kanban board.
- Until all tasks are completed, move them sequentially through the board.
- Set priorities, assign tasks, and add budgets
- Maintain accountability through visual burndown graphs
- Communicate in real-time with your team about the latest project updates.
- Use Paymo to sync your Slack conversations with Paymo and make sure no critical details slip through the cracks.
- The Paymo app lets you manage projects and review files simultaneously
- Using file proofing, you can respond to annotations and clarify questions with your reviewers
- Free plan: Maximum 1 User. Unlimited Time Tracking, Invoicing, Client – Up to 3, and much more
- Starter: $4.95/user/month (Free plus Projects Templates, Integrations, In-App Tech support
- Small Office: $9.95/user/month ( Starter plus Recurring Task, Meta Kanban board, Live time reports, and much more)
- Business: $20.79/user/month ( Priority Support, Online Remote Assistances, 500GB Storage)
Harvest makes it easy to track time and analyze past projects.
Tracking time and expenses in Harvest helps you learn from the past and keep current projects on track.
Source: Harvest website
With instant reports, seamless invoicing and payments, and integrations with your favorite tools, your team will love it.
Reports and Analysis
- Keep track of your hours and generate visual reports to support your team
- Discover which projects and tasks are consuming your team’s time and impacting your budget
- In order to gain additional insight, you can export data from Harvest into your existing reporting tools
Invoicing and Payments
- With this features, you can manage your team’s time and expenses and collect payments quickly
- By tracking your team’s time and expenses with Harvest, you can create and send accurate invoices.
- In Harvest, users can let their clients access their projects and invoices, so they can pay invoices and track project progress.
- Free : 1 User, and up to 2 Projects
- Pro : $10.80/user/month (Unlimited seats, and Unlimited Projects)
There is also BigTime, which is a cloud-based QuickBooks time alternative. With BigTime users can manage projects, track time, and generate invoices using this comprehensive platform, which makes tracking time easy.
Source: BigTime website
Billable Time Rate Management
- Invoices can be generated based on time tracked and hourly rates set for the task users are working on
- Work-in-progress (WIP) with unbilled time and expenses are displayed live in BigTime
Flexibility and Customization
- With Big Time, users can customize the tool as per their work pattern such as workflow, permission and creating custom fields.
- Syncing data across different platforms is made much easier with BigTime’s integration with Quickbooks, Salesforce, and Microsoft Excel
- There are other apps it integrates with such as Slack, Lacerate, Google Suite, Hubspot and many more
- Express: $10/user/month (Minimum 5 user, Time Tracking, Quickbook integration)
- Pro: $30/user/month (Invoicing and Template Editor, Expense Tracking, Client Portal and a lot more)
- Premier: $40/user/month (Salesforce Integration, Best in Class Support, Team collaboration tools, Resource Management)
ClockShark time tracking system helps construction and field service companies manage their mobile workforces. It includes features like time and attendance tracking, employee scheduling, emailed alerts, and a kiosk time clock.
Source: ClockShark website
Time Tracking on the Go
- In this app, your team clocks in and out with a tap, allowing you to record the timesheet data needed for payroll and job costing with 99.9% accuracy
- Work completed and hours worked can be synced
- With this feature, you can always be updated where your employee is and what they are doing with the GPS Time Clock
- You can view Breadcrumb trail of every site visited by your employee throughout the day during shift hours
- It allows you to keep a record of documents, conversation of every job you have had from start to finish
- You can view a list of all jobs and Customers with this feature
- You will be able to see customers that are associated with each job, hours budgeted to complete them, number of hours worked
- Standard : $8/month (Basic GPS Tracking, Third Party Integration, Built In Spanish Language Support)
- Pro : $15/month (Standard plus Paid Time off, Clock-out questions, Advanced Job costing controls)
For the QuickBooks time alternative, we should also check out Clockify. Time entries are the basis of Clockify.
Source: Clockify website
Clockify allows you to create entries in a variety of ways, including using a Timer while you work, adding time manually after working, and tracking it automatically.
- With this feature, you can Clock-in from a shared device, track employee breaks
- User can see how much they have worked
- Sign in with a persona code that no one else knows
- With Calendars, you can visualise how your day looks like for work.
- You can block hours with a click, and edit blocks by resizing them
- Using a Timesheet, you can select an activity and enter the time
- Choose the projects/tasks you worked on and enter the time for them
- Clockify integrates with 80+ apps to simplify your work
- In addition to Quickbook, Trello, Jira, Asana, you can connect Clockify with other apps
- Basic : $3.99/user/month (Time Tracking, Time audit, Customised export, Kiosk PIN and much more)
- Standard : $5.49/user/month (Timesheet and Billing, All of basic plus, Quickbook Integration, Force 2FA, Manager role)
- Pro : $7.99/user/month (Productivity and Profit, All of standard plus, Data region, GPS Tracking, Alerts)
- Enterprise : $11.99/user/month (Control and Security, SSO, Control accounts, Audit log)
A dashboard shows managers in real-time how their team’s progress is progressing through Hubstaff. Employees can track their time through a web browser or a mobile app.
Source: Hubstaff website
With features like GPS tracking, activity monitoring, and screen capture, managers can better understand the productivity and performance of their teams. All these features make it an excellent QuickBooks time alternative worth considering.
Geofence Time Tracking
- With this feature, you can automate clocking in and out for time tracking.
- You can see the routes that are taken by employees during work hours and the time spent by them for each job site
- You can send accurate payments with detailed time cards
- You can monitor the activity, check team bandwidth and app usage which can help forecast hiring requirements
- It enables you to sport the imbalance in workload and prevent a burnout which helps in retention
- It has 20+ detailed reports for attendance, completed projects and tracked hours
Agile Project Management
- Task with Hubstaff are based on Agile work method which helps in enhancing team collaboration and communication
- You can break big projects into small task that can keep your team focused and productive
- It can help you spot the small issues quickly before they become major issues with the regular checks and reviews
- Desk Free : For 1 user only (Basic Time Tracking, Timesheet, Activity Level)
- Desk Starter : $5.83/user/month ( Free plus 1 Integration, 24 hour support, Idle timeout)
- Desk Pro : $8.33/user/month (Track Apps, and URL’s, Unlimited teams, Invoices, Time off and Holidays)
- Enterprise : Contact support (Insights, VIP Support, Unlimited Job sites, Single Sign in)
Timecamp simplifies time management with its time tracking software. Depending on the user’s preference, time can be tracked automatically or manually.
Source: TimeCamp website
A project tree structure makes it easier to manage everyday assignments by adding tasks and subtasks.
Time Off and Attendance
- Clock in and out can be reported at the office, or remotely with just one click
- It allows your employees to apply for vacation and absence without any paperwork
- It offers overtime tracking, so you do not need to worry about who has worked extra hours
Billing rates and Budgeting
- With customisable billing rates, you can set-up billing rates for your team members based on the projects and clients
- It allows you to define costs and time it will take to complete a project so you can track your budget and performance
- With budget notification you can always keep a track of the money spent on a project.
- You can directly feed timesheet data into invoices for transparent and accurate billing
- You can also set-up tax rate as applicable in your country
- It offers your clients the ease of making the payment via PayPal from the document
- Free: Unlimited users, Unlimited projects and Tasks, Mobile and Desktop app
- Basic: $7.99/user/month (Time rounding, Custom Reports, Management roles, and a lot more)
- Pro: $10.99/user/month (Custom User roles, Billing rates, Invoicing, SSO)
- Enterprise: Contact support (Pro plus, Personal Training, Self-hosted server, Private Cloud implementation)
With our search for a QuickBooks time alternative, we have come to the last alternative which is Replicon.
Source: Replicon website
Replicon integrates with various payroll, accounting, and project management software, allowing businesses to easily integrate it into their workflows. Moreover, the software supports multi-currency, allowing businesses to manage their operations worldwide.
Professional Services Automation
- It is considered to be the world’s first self-driving PSA software. With this, you get Real-time insights for your businesses and service. It helps in ensuring consistent execution.
- It offers intelligent resources management, and real time project management and much more
- With AI, you can automatically capture time data across all of your knowledge workforce’s work apps.
- It supports 100+ work apps, so you can automatically collect and curate time and work data from different tools like Slack, Jira, Asana, Zoom, etc.
- By letting artificial intelligence handle your employees’ timesheets, you can free them from the burden of traditional timesheets
- Time can be automatically captured across 100+ work apps, such as Slack, Jira, Asana, Zoom, and more
- Project Time Tracking suite: $12/month (Timebill, TimeOff, Project Time, Expenses)
- Time and Attendance Product suite : $6/month (Global TimeOff, Workforce management, Global Labor Compliance)
- Professional Services Automation suite : $29/month (Polaris PSA, and PPM)
How to make a wise choice in selecting the correct Time Tracking tool?
It is always difficult to make a wise choice, but don’t worry, we got you covered with the below points one should always keep in mind while selecting the time tracking tool that will work for them.
A company can only be profitable not just by earning more money, but also knowing where to spend the money for improvement in the business. It is best to budget and then decide the Time tracking tool for your business.
All businesses do not need all the features that come with the Time Tracking tools that are available in the market. Some businesses do not need features such as AI, or Project management and are only looking for a simple time tracking tool that can help them track time.
Security should always be given the utmost importance when selecting the correct Time Tracking tool because of the sensitive data of a Business, not just of the employees, but also of your valued clients.
Time tracking software offers many ways to track time, including automation, manual, online, and offline.
Determine which tools you would like your Time Tracking software to integrate with in order for your users to use it appropriately.
Reasons to consider Time Analytics
Interested in improving your efficiency and productivity? Then Time Analytics is what you need.
You can manage your time more effectively with our innovative time tracking software.
By using our easy-to-use tools, you can track how your time is spent, identify areas where you are wasting time, and make changes to improve your performance.
Furthermore, our customizable features allow you to customize the software according to your preferences.
No matter if you’re a busy professional, a freelancer, or a small business owner, Time Analytics can help. Take advantage of our free trial and discover the power of time tracking!