RescueTime is an intuitive and flexible time tracking tool, perfect for individuals and businesses alike who are looking to make the most of their precious hours.
Because time is money.
And in today’s fast-paced world, it’s more important than ever to track and optimize how we spend it.
However, like any product, it has its pros and cons and may not be the right fit for everyone.
So, if you’re searching for RescueTime alternatives, whether for cost savings or additional features, you’re in luck.
In this blog post, we’ve rounded up the 15 best RescueTime alternatives and compared their primary uses, features, and pricing to help you make an informed decision.
So, let’s dive in and discover the best RescueTime alternatives on the market.
10 Best RescueTime Competitors Overview
From AI-powered time tracking to project management tools and more, there’s something for everyone in this list of RescueTime alternatives.
Discover your team’s productivity trends effortlessly with Time Analytics, a great RescueTime alternative that offers an intuitive interface and detailed reports.
With smart electronic timesheets, your team can easily track time without compromising on work.
Source: Time Analytics website
Stay on top of your organization’s progress with current and historical trend reports that help you make necessary changes and maintain positive business practices.
Here’s a brief snapshot of all of Time Analytics’ best features that combine simplicity, powerful reporting, and seamless team collaboration.
Its all-in-one time tracker not only tracks the work of individual employees but also tracks progress on a project basis.
Productivity and efficiency report
Time Analytics streamlines time tracking, project progress, and employee performance data, enabling you to make strategic decisions to improve profitability.
Time reporting (clients and projects)
Time Analytics’ time reporting feature allows you to efficiently monitor and compare your team’s billable and non-billable hours, overtime, timesheets, and leave planners.
With online timesheets available on Time Analytics, you can observe and analyze your team’s work habits and information related to projects, clients, tasks, and time-off.
It enables you to review their notes, make changes, and export them as PDF or Excel.
Time Analytics ensures 100% transparency and accuracy in payroll by Simplifying invoicing and tracking billable hours accuracy.
Time Analytics offers secure time tracking with encrypted data, third-party tools for password and credit card storage, SSL encryption for server-client communication, and daily backups that are kept for a week.
Time Analytics is one of the cheapest RescueTime alternatives.
It has a free version and also a 14-day free trial for sampling the features of the paid versions. The best part is you won’t need any credit card details.
Time Analytics has two paid plans:
Price: $4.99/user/month (billed annually), $5.99/user/month (billed monthly)
Features include: Time tracking, project reporting, basic team reporting
Limitations: Limited customization, basic support, no integrations
Price: $6.99/user/month (billed annually), $8.45/user/month (billed monthly)
Features included: All starter features + Invoicing (Time billing), revenue and profit reporting, an email reminder
Toggl Track is one of the most popular and user-friendly RescueTime alternatives in the market that has made tracking billable hours, employee work hours, and project status a breeze.
Source: Toggl Track website
With a simple click of a button, time tracking has never been easier. Plus, the added budgeting option will help you stay on top of your finances.
- Accurate project time measurement
- Detailed, summarized, and weekly productivity reports
- Timeline estimation based on historical billing data
- Employee efficiency tracking
- Billing and payroll integration
- Deadline alerts for projects
It has a free version and also a 30-day free trial for sampling the features of the paid versions.
You won’t need to input any credit card details to sample these features during the trial.
- Starter plan price: $10/user/month
- Premium plan price: $20/user/month
Looking for a RescueTime alternative that simplifies time tracking, project management, and invoicing?
Source: Harvest website
Look no further than Harvest! It offers some extraordinary features.
- Team productivity summary
- Invoice auto-generation based on project time tracking
- Payment tracking and reminders
- Integration with 50+ third-party apps
Harvest offers a free 30-day trial period and a free plan for one user and two projects.
If you need more, their Pro plan can be billed monthly or annually.
- Pro Monthly: $12/user/month
- Pro Annually: $10.80/user/month
TimeCamp is a great RescueTime alternative and more than a simple time tracking app.
Source: TimeCamp website
With its timesheets and automatic time clock, you can easily track your team’s performance and gain insights into your workflow.
TimeCamp also tracks resources, ensuring your business stays profitable.
- Pomodoro timer for optimal time management
- Identify non-work-related activities with URL and screenshot tracking
- Detailed reporting with precise productivity analysis and timesheet approval
- Easy invoicing for seamless payment processing
- Integration with popular project management tools like Asana, Trello, and Jira
TimeCamp is a time tracking tool that doesn’t break the bank.
It offers a 14-day free trial.
It also has a free version that includes unlimited user access and unlimited tracking of projects and tasks.
- Basic: $6.99/user/month (billed annually), $7.99/user/month (billed monthly)
- Pro: $9.99/user/month (billed annually), $10.99/user/month (billed monthly)
Time Doctor is one of the top alternatives to RescueTime.
Source: Time Doctor website
With features like attendance tracking, scheduling, and activity tracking, this tool provides unparalleled workday insights to help boost staff accountability and streamline organizational growth.
- Automatic time tracking by project, task, and client,
- Offline time tracking
- Billable and non-billable hours tracking
- Employee productivity monitoring with screenshots, website and app usage, idle time tracking
- Integration with Trello, Todoist, Zoho, etc.
Time Doctor offers a 14 days free trial.
It has 3 types of paid plans:
- Basic: $70/user/year (billed annually), $7/user/year (billed monthly)
- Standard: $100/user/year (billed annually), $10/user/year (billed monthly)
- Premium: $200/user/year (billed annually), $20/user/year (billed monthly)
Clockify is a leading time tracking software that offers user-friendly timesheets, automatic task tracking, and management features such as invoicing and time off management.
Source: Clockify website
Perfect for hybrid teams, Clockify works across devices.
Features of Clockify can be categorized into three basic functionality:
- Work hour tracking
- Weekly timesheet entry
- Apps and website tracking
- Export tracked time as reports
- Activity tracking
- Cost/earning tracking
- Project timeline and budget estimation
- Location tracking
- Work, assignment, and shift scheduling
- Time off management
- Timesheet approval
- Billable hour invoicing
- Project expenses recording
Clockify has 4 paid plans:
- Basic: $3.99/user/month (billed annually), $4.99/user/month (billed monthly)
- Standard: $5.49/user/month (billed annually), $6.99/user/month (billed monthly)
- Pro: $7.99/user/month (billed annually), $9.99/user/month (billed monthly)
- Enterprise: $11.99/user/month (billed annually), $14.99/user/month (billed monthly)
Hubstaff is a unique RescueTime alternative with advanced employee monitoring. Its robust automation capabilities allow you to accurately generate reports and insights.
Source: Hubstaff website
Plus, the geofencing feature makes it perfect for hybrid teams and field crews, allowing tracking from specific locations only.
- Attendance tracking
- Internet usage monitoring
- Keystroke monitoring
- Time logs
- Timesheet functionality
Hubstaff’s Solo Lite plan is free. But the features are limited to time tracking, screenshots and activity level reporting.
It also has a free 14-day trial and 30-day money back guarantee.
The tool has two types of paid subscription plans as well.
- Time Starter: $5.83/user/month (billed annually), $7/user/month (billed monthly)
- Time Pro: $8.33/user/month (billed annually), $10/user/month (billed monthly)
Source: Apploye website
Apploye is a productivity hacker, a one-stop shop for tracking, monitoring, and analyzing data. It assists businesses of all sizes to achieve their objectives while increasing efficiency.
- Online & offline time and project tracking
- Customizable daily, weekly, fortnightly, and monthly timesheets
- Screenshots at a predetermined frequency
- Productivity & activity measurement through exportable reports
- Live feed of team’s activity
- Geofence time clock
- Payroll & invoicing
You can try Apploye for free for 10 days without any credit card details.
The app has 4 types of paid subscription plans.
- Solo: $2/user/month (billed annually), $4/user/month (billed monthly)
- Standard: $2.5/user/month (billed annually), $5/user/month (billed monthly)
- Premium: $3/user/month (billed annually), $6/user/month (billed monthly)
- Elite: $3.5/user/month (billed annually), $7/user/month (billed monthly)
Paymo is a great RescueTime alternative to detect idle time and streamline your invoicing process.
Source: Paymo website
Plus, with project management features and a Kanban Board, you can easily assign tasks and track progress in real-time.
Customizable hourly rates, global currency support, and detailed invoice reports make invoicing a breeze.
- Priority assignment for tasks
- Invoicing and online payments in 15 different languages
- Financial tracking and proposal-to-project transformation
- Customizable reports, including Gantt charts and Kanban boards
- Third-party integrations with Google Calendar, Zapier, Slack, QuickBooks Online, etc.
Paymo has a free version. It is perfect for freelancers.
Alternatively, it has 3 paid subscription plans.
- Starter: $4.95/user/month (billed annually), $5.95/user/month (billed monthly)
- Small office: $9.95/user/month (billed annually), $11.95/user/month (billed monthly)
- Business: $20.79/user/month (billed annually), $24.95/user/month (billed monthly)
Jibble is an alternative to RescueTime that you must check out.
With features like attendance tracking, wage management, and project support, Jibble is a great all-in-one solution.
Plus, the face recognition and GPS features make it easy to manage both in-person and remote teams.
Source: Jibble website
Best of all, Jibble is straightforward, intuitive, and easy to use. It’s loaded with great features.
- Automatic time tracking and timesheets
- GPS time clock and geofence attendance
- Face recognition for added security
- Comprehensive reporting, analytics, and expenditure monitoring
- Available on Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, and the web
Jibble has a free version, suitable for small teams. But its features are limited.
Alternatively, you can choose from two paid plans for more exclusive features.
- Premium: ₹158/user/month (billed annually), ₹239/user/month (billed monthly)
- Ultimate: ₹319/user/month (billed annually), ₹479/user/month (billed monthly)
Why choose Time Analytics over other time tracking tools?
If you’re searching for a time tracking solution that caters to all your needs, look no further than Time Analytics.
This user-friendly app promotes trust between employers and team members, resulting in accurate timesheets that you can rely on.
With detailed reports and analytics, you can gain valuable insights into your business and make informed decisions for growth.
Perfect for remote teams, Time Analytics offers simple timesheets that take just minutes to fill out.
Say goodbye to micromanagement and hello to a more productive workplace.
Try Time Analytics today and experience the difference it can make.