Looking for the best time tracking apps for agencies?
Time is money, and accurate time tracking is essential for your agency’s success.
We’ve compiled a list of the top 9 agency time tracking apps to help you boost productivity, meet deadlines, and improve profitability.
This comprehensive review of the industry’s favourite app for time tracking for agencies will make your decision easy.
So, keep reading and choose the right app to streamline your agency’s time tracking processes.
Best Time Tracking Apps for Agencies – At A Glance
Here’s a brief view of 9 best time tracking apps for agencies.
#1 Time Analytics ($4.99-$6.99/user/month )
#2 Tick ($19-$149/month)
#3 Harvest ($12/user/month)
#4 Time Camp ($7.99-$10.99/user/month)
#5 Toggl (10-$20/user/month)
#6 MyHours ($7/user/month)
#7 HourStack ($12-$15/user/month)
#8 Paydirt ($8-$149/month)
#9 Timely ($11-$28/user/month)
Selection criteria for selecting the best time tracking apps for agencies
We evaluated a bunch of time tracking apps for agencies and picked the best 9 based on a few factors.
Ease of use
We checked the ease of use of each tool, ensuring that the user interface (UI) is smooth and easy to navigate, and the user experience (UX) is enjoyable since your employees would be using the tool regularly.
General features and integrations
We checked whether these apps provided all essential features such as invoicing, scheduling, clocking in/out, reminders, billable and non-billable hour tracking, real-time project management, reporting, and payroll integration.
We also took into account whether these features required additional payments.
We cross checked customer reviews from G2 and Capterra to obtain feedback from real users about what they appreciated and didn’t like about the apps.
Value for money
We examined both the free and paid versions of these apps and assessed their features to decide whether they were worth the price.
Time Analytics is a new-gen time-tracking tool that helps you track your employee’s computer usage and billable hours, and get detailed analysis on your team’s time spending habits.
Source: Time Analytics website
There are many wonderful features in this app that resulted in it being at the top of our list. Here are the most notable ones:
Its all-in-one time tracker not only tracks the works of individual employees but also tracks progress on a project basis.
Productivity and efficiency report
Time Analytics streamlines project progress and employee performance by automatically integrating time tracking data into timesheets and reports.
You can observe your project cost and profit structure and make strategic decisions to improve profitability.
Time reporting (clients and projects)
Time reporting feature allows you to monitor your team’s tracked used and unused hours, identify the employees who have worked overtime, and track timesheets and leave planners.
You can check your team’s productivity by comparing billable and non-billable hours and the ratio of billable hours to work hours.
Online timesheets available on Time Analytics give you all the information about how your team is spending their time on projects, clients, tasks, and time-off.
You can review their notes and also make changes to their timesheets.
These timesheets can also be exported as PDF and Excel.
Time Analytics makes invoicing and billing a breeze.
It eliminates the need to go back and forth checking with timesheets and allows employees to generate invoices automatically based on billable hours.
Thus you can ensure 100% transparency and accuracy in payroll.
Security & Support
Time Analytics is very safe to use.
All the data in Time Analytics is encrypted, which means nobody can read it without permission.
Your passwords and credit card details are saved using a third-party tool called Stripe and a one-way code called Bcrypt.
The communication between the server and the client is also protected with SSL encryption.
Time Analytics backs up all your information every day, and keeps it for a week before deleting it.
Time Analytics is the cheapest among the lot.
Offers a 14-day free trial without needing your credit card details. It has two plans:
- Price: $4.99/user/month (billed annually), $5.99/user/month (billed monthly)
- Features included: Time tracking on projects and clients, daily and weekly timesheets, utilisation and overtime tracking, time and cost reporting etc
- Limitations: Data may takes time to load
- Price: $6.99/user/month (billed annually), $8.45/user/month (billed monthly)
- Features included: All starter features + Invoicing (Time billing), revenue and profit reporting, email reminder.
Tick is best for small to mid-sized creative agencies.
This innovative and easy-to-use time tracking software allows you to track your working hours against a planned schedule.
Its timecard feature shows how much time is left to complete a certain project or whether you are lagging behind.
Source: Tick website
- Real-time budget tracking catches problems early.
- Integrates with QuickBooks and Freshbooks for invoicing.
- Sets budgets for individual tasks and track progress.
- Automatic resets for recurring jobs.
- Easy labelling for specific tasks/clients.
- Integrates with 400+ third-party platforms and web apps, including Apple Watch.
If you are new to Tick, enjoy a free 30-days trial period for your entire team without any credit card credentials at no additional cost.
Tick also has 5 types of paid monthly plans. However, it doesn’t have any annual plan.
- Free Plan – 1 Project
- $19/month – 10 Projects
- $49/month – 30 Projects
- $79/month – 60 Projects
- $149/month – Unlimited
Harvest makes time tracking and project management a breeze along with instant reporting and seamless invoicing.
Source: Harvest website
- App summarises team productivity by collating timesheet data.
- Auto-generates invoices based on project time tracking
- Tracks payments and sends client reminders
- Integrates with 50+ 3rd party apps
Harvest offers a free 30-day trial period.
It has a free plan that allows one user and two projects only.
Harvest also has a pro plan that can be billed monthly and annually
- Pro Monthly – $12/user/month
- Pro Annually – $10.80/user/month
TimeCamp made it to our list of 9 best agency time tracking software because it gives agency owners full transparency about what the team members are spending time on without micromanaging.
Source: Timecamp website
- Tracks time with a Pomodoro timer.
- Identifies non-work-related activities with URLs and screenshots.
- Produces detailed reports with precise productivity analysis and timesheet approval
- Has easy invoicing capabilities
- Integrates with Asana, Trello, Jira, and more
TimeCamp offers a free 14-day trial.
It has a free version that offers unlimited user access and unlimited tracking of projects and tasks.
- Price: $6.99/user/month (billed annually), $7.99/user/month (billed monthly)
- Features included: Time rounding, custom report, XLS reports export, billable time & budgeting, etc.
- Limitations: slow UI & less user-friendly
- Price: $9.99/user/month (billed annually), $10.99/user/month (billed monthly)
- Features included: All basic features + custom user roles, set up separate billing rates, invoicing…
5. Toggl Track
Toggl Track is an excellent web-based tool for tracking time that makes it easy to keep track of billable hours, employee work hours, and projects.
Source: Toggl website
- Offers manual and automated time tracking
- Generates accurate project time measurement
- Shares detailed, summarised, and weekly productivity reports
- Gives timeline estimates for projects based on historical billing data
- Measures employee efficiency
- Sends deadline alerts for projects
Has free version for 30 days and 2 paid plans
- Starter plan price: $10/user/month
- Premium plan price: $20/user/month
MyHours eliminates the clunky, efficient time tracking processes with its highly user-friendly dashboard.
It makes tracking time, managing projects, and increasing profitability incredibly easy.
- The software is highly customisable with styled notes
- Breaks down large projects into smaller tasks based on priority and assigns them to team members based on skill.
- Predicts budget estimation
- Produces detailed reports that include billable hours and rates.
- Automatically schedules the reports to be sent out on a monthly or weekly basis
MyHour offers two type of plans: Free and Pro
- Price: $6/user/month (billed annually) & $7/user/month (billed monthly)
- Features included: Access to unlimited team members & projects, time tracking based on projects & tasks, Set billable rates, generate detailed reports & invoices, add & edit logs for your team, workflow approval…
HourStack is a time tracking app that integrates with other apps and allows you to drag tasks into a simple calendar interface.
It offers team views, different workspaces, and a report feature to help you optimise your schedule and analyse your productivity.
- Easy-to-navigate calendar-like interface
- Integrates with apps like Asana, Trello, and Zapier for easy task management
- Offers different workspaces to keep clients or teams separate
- Offers ‘Team views’ to monitor and analyse your team’s workload and creates optimised schedules
- Generates reports that helps you analyse productivity levels and identify inefficiencies
- Has customizable visualisation and filters to spot working trends and make improvements
Apart from a free DeskTime Lite version, HourStack has 3 types of paid plans.
- Price: $5/user/month (billed monthly), $4.58/user/month (billed annually)
- Features included: Automatic time tracking, URL and app tracking, integrated web timer, productivity calculation, idle time tracking, project time tracking, user integrations
- Price: $7/user/month (billed monthly), $6.42/user/month (billed annually)
- Features included: All Pro features + Automatic screenshots, absence calendar, shift scheduling, booking, company integrations, offline time approval, IP restrictions
- Price: $14/user/month (billed monthly), $12.83/user/month (billed annually)
- Features included: All Premium features + VIP support, personalised onboarding, unlimited projects & tasks, unlimited data history
HourStack doesn’t allow tracking billable projects, budgets, or hourly rates.
Paydirt is a great agency time tracking app that helps you track time spent on projects & tasks, manage team schedules, and generate accurate invoices.
- It is a browser-based time tracking app
- Its keyword feature reminds users to start a timer if keywords related to a particular client are detected.
- It has a fully-integrated invoicing suite that includes expense-tracking tools, recurring invoices, accepts payments through PayPal & credit card, and generates quote
- Can be integrated with various 3rd party apps
Paydirt has 6 pricing tiers starting from single user to agencies up to 20 users.
The pricing ranges from $8-$149/month.
- Price: $149/month
- Users allowed: 20
- Features: Unlimited clients, online payments, user permissions, timesheet approval, task management
It doesn’t work offline and doesn’t have any mobile apps.
Automated time-tracking and note-taking app for team, best for freelancers, small companies, and midsize agencies.
- Automated billable hours tracking
- Synchronised scheduling and real-time dashboard
- AI-drafted worksheets
Offers free 14-day trial without any credit card details and 3 paid plans.
- Price: $9/user/month (billed annually), $11/user/month (billed monthly)
- Features: Track up to 50 projects, accessible to 3 teams
- Price: $16/user/month (billed annually), $20/user/month (billed monthly)
- Features: Track unlimited projects, accessible to unlimited teams
- Price: $22/user/month (billed annually), $28/user/month (billed monthly)
- Features: Track unlimited projects, accessible to unlimited teams, enjoy unlimited features
Time tracking apps for agencies: Features comparison
Here’s a quick synopsis of the best features of 9 best agency time tracking software.
How to select the best time tracking apps for agencies?
Choosing the best app for time tracking, project management, and invoicing for digital agencies can be difficult. So, remember to look if the app offers:
Automated time tracking in the background, without the need for manual starting and stopping, and offline activity
Easy integration with your preferred project management and accounting tools.
Effortless invoice creation feature including billable hour mapping
User-friendly features such as drag-and-drop functions and colour-coded menus for easy navigation
In a nutshell, time tracking apps for agencies are essential to stay productive and profitable.
Time Analytics is definitely an app to consider as it offers a wide range of features at an affordable rate.
However, it’s essential to test out all the options before making a final decision.
So don’t wait, try out these apps today and watch your agency’s productivity soar!