Are you looking for great time tracking and project management?
You may have heard about Clicktime while researching. It is one of the most well-liked and popular platforms on the market at the moment.
This is true because of the software’s focus on quantifying all work and turning it into profit.
Yet, we can’t claim the platform is perfect. There are two reasons for that. The first, a more general one, regards the different needs of different businesses.
The second is connected to the actual technical side of the software. Namely, ClickTime’s reports are pretty sub-par compared to the competition. Additionally, the prices are quite steep.
We firmly believe that you should do your due diligence before picking a business management software solution. Hence, we are bringing you the 7 best ClickTime alternatives.
1. Time Analytics
Time Analytics is a ClickTime alternative that allows users a great degree of both freedom and accuracy. The timesheet system is based on trust, and the forms are intuitive and extremely simple to fill no matter the user’s computer expertise level.
Even though the data entry takes up only a few minutes a day, the software’s powerful reporting features will give you detailed and visual reports which can help you make smart business decisions.
A. Time tracking
- Track time per clients, project and/or task
- Add hours/minutes manually or use a timer
- Mark time as billable/non-billable
- View time entries as a daily or calendar list
- Billing and pay rates
- Allocation of labor costs to projects/tasks
- Detailed reporting of time off (holidays, sick days, vacations, breaks, etc
B. Time Reporting
- Team reports – Watch team productivity and efficiency metrics, examine logged hours, compare them to capacity, monitor billable hours, time utilization, team participation in projects and activities.
- Project time reporting – track hours per project, billable hours, costs, revenues, profits, and more
- Client time reporting –analyze hours per client, billable hours, engagement costs, fees, and profits.
- Activity reporting – review time per each activity and tasks
- Great visuals
- Daily and weekly timesheets for employees
- Editing and filtering timesheets by managers
- Timesheet export in Excel
Time Analytics offers two pricing plans:
Starter: $4.99 per user, per month (billed annually) or $5.99 (billed monthly)
Optimum: $6.99 per user, per month (billed annually) or $8.45 (billed monthly)
If you have more than 50 users subscribed, Time Analytics offers a special pricing discount.
Paymo is a time tracking solution geared toward law and consulting firms, as well as design and architecture companies. It allows users to create schedules for their teams and track time to make sure they’re staying on track. It also offers a billing feature.
- Time tracking – automatic time tracking and different timesheet views
- Billing – create accurate invoices and deliver them to your clients
- Task management – create task lists and Gantt charts for maximum transparency
Free version for teams up to ten people
Small office – $11.95 per user per month
Business – $18.95 per user per month
Are you looking for a time tracking solution that will also serve as a communication tool? Homebase could be the perfect platform for you. It allows time tracking on desktops and mobile devices. Your employees will be able to communicate and have their schedules available 24/7.
- Time clock – easily clock in and out, track breaks and overtime
- Communication – a messenger app that allows you to chat with individuals and groups
- Payroll – pay your team according to their reports and productivity
- Annual plan: $14 per location
- Monthly plan: $19.95 per location
- Annual plan: $35 per location
- Monthly plan: $49.95 per location
All in one
- Annual plan: $70 per location
- Monthly plan: $99.95 per location
BigTime is a ClickTime alternative that offers a wide selection of features related to business management. This time tracking platform doubles as a project management solution with resource allocation options. It also delivers real-time reports and analytics.
- Time tracking – a timesheet based solution for high accuracy
- Project management – create and budget your projects and see them through
- Billing and invoicing – create customized and accurate invoices and send them to your clients
- Express – $10 per month
- Pro – $30 per month
- Premier – $40 per month
Available but undisclosed
Proofhub features a selection of tools necessary for a successful business. The platform allows project management from start to finish as well as tracking project health. It offers different views, like Kanban boards, table views, and Gantt charts for your convenience.
- Time tracking – timesheets to track billable hours manually or through a timer
- Communication – create conversations with clients and employees to keep everyone updated
- Calendar – multiple views and reminders to make sure you don’t miss a thing
- Annual plan – $89 per month
- Monthly plan – $99
- Annual plan – $45 per month
- Monthly plan – $50
Mobile devices have become an inseparable part of our daily routines. If you are managing a younger team you could consider a cellphone app instead of a desktop or online solution. HoursTracker offers many useful features in a convenient package.
- Time tracking – clock in and out manually or automatically through your location
- Tags – organize your tasks and projects by type and filter through them
- Reminders – receive notifications when you forget to clock in
- Personal Edition – $5.99
- Pro Edition – $9.99
Wrike is a cloud-based ClickTime alternative that enables users to manage entire projects. It offers real-time updates so every team member knows their tasks and priorities through personal dashboards. The platform is geared toward IT companies, marketing agencies, professional services, and others.
- Time tracking – use an automatic timer or track time manually
- 360 visibility – increase transparency and make all necessary information available
- Calendars – shared team view that prevents misunderstandings and overlaps
- Professional — $80 per user/month
- Business — $24.80 per user/month
- Enterprise — custom pricing
ClickTime is a great piece of software suitable for many businesses. Yet, it isn’t the perfect solution for every company. There are many ClickTime alternatives that offer a different approach to time tracking and project management. We have found some more versatile options and brought them to you and hope we helped you find the best one for you!