Have you been researching Clockify vs Toggl?
Clockify and Toggl both are fantastic time tracking and time management apps.
But they have different functionalities that make them so robust.
While Clockify has a powerful Pomodoro timer that takes team productivity to another level, Toggl Track (Time tracking tool of Toggl) makes project management and timesheet management superior.
So which time tracking app is suitable for you and your business?
Here’s a detailed comparison of Clockify vs Toggl. We have covered their features, pricing, and also highlighted an alternative to make your decision easy.
Clockify vs Toggle: At a glance
Both Clockify and Toggle are great time tracking tools.
Here’s a brief comparison of their top features at a glance.
Clockify is a great free time tracking solution for large businesses from any industry that wants to track time and improve team’s productivity.
It is one of the primary competitors of Toggl.
The app offers advanced features like timesheet locking, forecasting, customised kiosk, scheduling, audit log, etc.
It helps you track how much time you spend on different tasks, set hourly rates for billable work, and create attractive reports.
Additionally, Clockify also offers simple time and workforce management features that enable you to track attendance.
The tool is extremely easy to install. Its superior user interface makes its usage a breeze.
Once you turn on the timer, it runs in the background until you stop it. So, you’ll hardly notice it.
Still contemplating? Here are some of the unique features of Clockify.
Unique features of Clockify
- Monitor tasks and projects: Easily track progress, status, and budgets for all your projects from a single immersive dashboard.
- Log timesheets: Keep a record of your weekly activities and stay on top of your schedule.
- Clock in with Kiosk: Use the kiosk feature to clock in from any shared device.
- Manage time off: Keep track of your and your team’s vacation time, sick days, and holiday requests.
- Handle billing and invoicing: Attach receipts and expenses to your billable hours.
- Track time accurately: Start and stop a timer, or enter your work time manually for accurate tracking.
- Manage your calendar: Plan ahead and time-block your upcoming activities.
- Get insights from dashboards and reports: Review a breakdown of your work time and analyze your productivity.
Pros & Cons of Clockify
Every tool has its advantages and drawbacks.
It’s important to understand it from every aspect before you decide to invest in it.
Here are the pros and cons of the Clockify app.
Toggl Track by Toggle is an user-friendly time-tracking solution that simplifies recording billable hours, employee work hours, projects, and tasks.
Its user interface is intuitive and straightforward, offering great visual insights.
It can track against fixed budgets and recurring client retainers, which saves both time and money.
Therefore, Toggl Track is the go-to time-tracking solution for freelancers, agencies, and small businesses.
Core features of Toggl Track:
- Time tracking: Easily track time spent on every task and determine productivity levels
- Reporting: Generate summarised, detailed, and weekly reports of your projects for budget and productivity analysis
- Project management: Efficiently track multiple projects and clients and track billable hours accurately
- Team management: Get an overview of your team’s activities to optimize workflows and determine team day offs and schedules
- Integration with multiple tools: Track time and activity with 100+ popular tools using Toggl’s browser extension
- Calendar integration: Integrate your calendar with Toggl Track to seamlessly track project events in your timesheet
- Revenue and cost tracking: Track billable and non-billable hours, analyze revenue, and compare cost to determine project progress and profitability
- Email reminders to teams: Schedule and send reports to your team and clients via email to keep everyone on track
Pros & Cons of Toggl Track
Just like Clockify, Toggl Track also has its fair share of advantages and disadvantages.
By being aware of every facet of the app, you can be better prepared to make your decision.
Clockify vs Toggl: Time tracking
The time tracking features of Clockify and Toggl both are quite robust. But which one is better?
The primary feature of Clockify is its Pomodoro Timer. It works like a stopwatch.
When you start a project and turn it off when it’s done. You can also manually enter the time later.
That’s not all.
With Clockify’s timer, you can do so much more. You can:
- Keep track of how much time your team spends on each task
- Check if everyone’s hitting their targets
- Add notes to any task for better clarity
- Monitor and take proof of all the hard work your team is doing with screenshots
- Identify billable projects for invoicing
In short, Clockify helps you stay on top of everything and ensures that everyone is making the most of their time.
Toggl Track is a great tool for tracking your time.
It offers both manual and automatic time tracking.
To use automatic time tracking, you simply need to define a trigger such as a keyword or a program.
You can adjust these triggers within the app.
Alternatively, if you prefer manual tracking, you can easily start and stop the timer with just a click.
Toggl Track has some other nifty timekeeping features too:
- It can track every website or program you to visit for more than 10 seconds.
- It has a reminder to notify you to take breaks at regular intervals.
- If you forget to start your timer, Toggl Track will remind you to get started.
Clockify vs Toggl: Project management
When it comes to managing projects, you need to analyze, plan, implement, and track everything carefully to make sure the project is completed on time and within budget.
That’s where project management tools with built-in time and cost tracking features come in handy!
Here’s how Clockify and Toggl make project management easy for users.
Clockify makes it easy to work on projects for different clients.
You can create public projects that are accessible to everyone on your team or keep things private with projects that only specific users or admins can view.
Plus, Clockify has a bunch of great features to help you keep track of your progress. You can:
- Assign tasks to team members
- Categorize your time as billable or non-billable hours
- Analyze how your tracked time compares to your estimated time.
Set custom rates if you charge different rates for different projects.
Toggl’s project management system is similar to Clockify’s, but with some added features.
In addition to public and private projects, Toggl allows for fixed-fee or task-based projects, which is super helpful when working with freelancers or regular employees.
With Toggl Track’s dashboard, you can do a lot more. You can:
- Track your time spent on a project
- Track how long it takes to complete, and time estimates for similar projects.
- Identify your most productive employees and see how they’re contributing to the project.
Overall, Toggl is a robust tool that can help you streamline your project management and get more done in less time.
Clockify vs Toggl: Pricing
When it comes to pricing of Clockify and Toggl, Clockify is much more affordable than its counterpart.
Clockify has a free plan that’s perfect for teams of all sizes, which includes the essential features such as time tracking, reports, and unlimited projects.
If you’re looking for more advanced features, Clockify offers 4 types of paid plans:
- Basic plan: $3.99/user/month (billed annually), $4.99/user/month (billed monthly)
- Standard plan: $5.49/user/month (billed annually), $6.99/user/month (billed monthly)
- Pro plan: $7.99/user/month (billed annually), $9.99/user/month (billed monthly)
- Enterprise plan: $11.99/user/month (billed annually), $14.99/user/month (billed monthly)
You can also test out the features of the Pro version with the 7 days free trial without any credit card details.
Toggl has a free version with basic features like time tracking, reports, projects, and tasks.
The paid plans are:
- Starter: $9/user/month
- Premium: $18/user/month
You can try any of these plans free for 30 days, and if you pay yearly, you’ll get a 10% discount.
Toggl also has an Enterprise plan that is highly customizable.
Clockify vs Toggl: Review
Here’s a summarised view of Clockify vs Toggl Track based on reviews of real users from G2 and Capterra.
Clockify vs Toggl alternative: Time Analytics
If you’re looking for a tool that combines the best features of both tools and offers more comprehensive insights into your time usage, you might want to check out Time Analytics.
It is one of the best Clockify alternatives and Toggl alternatives available out there.
This powerful yet user-friendly time tracking app automatically monitors your computer usage and billable hours, and offers in-depth reporting capabilities to give you a detailed breakdown of how you’re spending your time.
Whether you prefer to start timers automatically or enter times manually, Time Analytics has got you covered.
But that’s not all – as a Time Analytics user, you’ll also be able to manage team activities, track revenue and cost in real-time, and receive smart, intuitive recommendations to boost your profitability.
So if you want to take your time tracking to the next level, give Time Analytics a try!
Clockify vs Toggl vs Time Analytics: Time Tracking
Time tracking features of Clockify, Toggl, and Time Analytics make these apps stand apart in the crowd.
Here’s a brief comparison of their time tracking feature.
Clockify vs Toggl vs Time Analytics: Reports
When it comes to reporting, Time Analytics is much ahead in the competition than Clockify and Toggl. Here’s how:
Clockify vs Toggl vs Time Analytics: Pricing
Time Analytics is much more cost-effective than its peers. Here’s a simplified view of pricing for Clockify vs Toggl vs Time Analytics.
That’s all for our comparison of Clockify vs Toggl.
Clockify is a free time tracking tool that allows you to track time for unlimited users and projects. Plus, it even has a Pomodoro timer to help boost team productivity!
Meanwhile, Toggl is great for revenue tracking and team scheduling.
However, if you’re looking for a more versatile time and productivity management tool, Time Analytics is the way to go.
It has all the features and capabilities you need to get the most out of your time, and it’s a powerful tool for managing productivity.
So make sure to give all three options a try before investing in them.