Would a Connecteam alternative help your business? Keep reading!
Connecteam is a team management app. It tracks time and aims to keep all team issues within one solution. Many companies are finding it extremely helpful.
However, the solution isn’t perfect for every business. Connecteam’s biggest issue relates to the admin role. Namely, the solution is simple enough for employees to use without major hiccups. On the other hand, the administrators’ dashboards aren’t as functional. They require much time and effort to set up.
The app’s pricing is another issue. Smaller teams will have to pay quite a sum to use the app. Additionally, users have had issues with the app’s customer service.
So, without further ado, let’s look into our choice of solutions
Connecteam Alternative – the Ultimate List
Time Analytics ($4.99 – $6.99 user/month)
Buddy Punch ($19 base fee + $4.49 per user)
Clockify ($4.99 – $14.99 user/month)
DeskTime ($7 – $20 user/month)
TimeCamp ($7.99 – $10.99 user/month)
eBillity ($15 – $30 base fee )
Hubstaff ($7 – $10 user/month)
QuickBooks Time ($20 – $40 monthly fee )
Homebase ($24.95 – $99.95 user/month)
Jibble ($24.95 – $99.95 user/month)
Replicon ($6 – $29 user/month)
ClickTime ($10 – $24 user/month)
1. Time Analytics
Time Analytics is a time tracking solution with some team management features. The app uses timesheets to keep track of the tasks your team is working on.
The platform is extremely simple to use. That is to say, it doesn’t require much training for the admins. Additionally, the employees’ interface is extremely clean and intuitive.
Source: Time Analytics website
Time Analytics creates insightful reports regarding team productivity. It also reports on clients and projects. It gives managers an overview of all crucial business elements in a single app.
The app offers a simple and accurate time tracking system. As we’ve mentioned, it is based on timesheets. Yet, it also has an automatic tracking option.
No matter which method you choose, all time entries are stored in the timesheets. In other words, you will be able to easily review everyone’s efforts.
All you need to do to track time is
- Select a task from a pre-populated list
- Click a button to track automatically or add time manually
The app’s timesheets safely reduce the time needed for admin tasks. They display time and performed work. Additionally, you can see costs and profits for easier decision making.
You don’t have to go through the entire document to find specific information. Use easy filters to see
- Specific periods
- Daily or weekly overviews
- Items to include – for example tasks, billing rates, or ratio of billable and non-billable hours
A company’s reputation highly depends on client satisfaction. Thus, Time Analytics helps you be more transparent in the billing process. Use the app to create billing appendices that answer all client questions.
Here’s how to create an itemized proof of work. It will show the value of your time, expertise, and effort.
- Choose the client’s project(s)
- List everything you want to show
- Filter unnecessary information
- Export the invoice to Excel
- Make final edits and send the appendix
You need to understand your projects to run a successful business. Therefore, project tracking and reporting are a must. And Time Analytics delivers.
- Insights – see how much profit projects and service lines bring and identify issues
- Profit generation – estimate and make adjustments to project pricing to remain profitable
- Billability – never forget to charge your hard work, identify unmarked billable activities
- Transparency – find out if there are problems with specific tasks or their structure
The insightful employee reports you’ll receive through the app show all the key performance indicators you need. These statistics can help you run a more profitable operation and a happier team.
- Avoid micromanagement and increase the trust between the management and the employees
- See how efficient each team member is, reward top performers, and balance the workload fairly
- See stats on overtime and find a solution for the struggling team members
- Always have an insight into your team’s goals and whether you’re reaching them
Security of the App
Companies trust time tracking apps with some of their most sensitive information. That is why Time Analytics takes multiple steps to ensure data safety.
Firstly, all information is encrypted – this includes account passwords and credit card information. Secondly, the app’s server is updated daily. Hence, you don’t need to worry about losing any data.
If you have any questions or issues, you can reach our team.
- Phone: +381 60 70 33 040
- Sales support email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email support at email@example.com
- Contact form
Time Analytics Pricing
- Starter – $4.99 per user per month (client and project time tracking, visual time and cost reporting, and more)
- Optimum – $6.99 per user per month (everything in Starter, custom onboarding, profit reporting)
You can try both plans for free (no credit card info required) in a 14-day trial.
2. Buddy Punch
Buddy Punch is a Connecteam alternative that aims to bring complete transparency. The app features a diverse feature set that simplifies time tracking and scheduling and automates payroll.
Source: Buddy Punch website
The app has a time off tracking option that will help you handle PTO as well as unpaid and accrued leave time. You can also view the location of all employees with GPS tracking and IP address locking.
- Time tracking – the employees can clock in by using a pin, QR code, password, or facial recognition
- Scheduling – create shifts easily due to the app’s transparency; create schedule templates
- Payroll – automatically calculate and run payroll with the insights the app gives you
- Standard – $19 base monthly fee + $3.49 per user per month (time tracking, basic GPS, job tracking, break planning)
- Pro – $19 base monthly fee + $4.49 per user per month (employee scheduling, early/late/absent reports)
- Enterprise – custom pricing (single sign-on, API access)
Pros and Cons
Clockify is a popular Connecteam alternative that utilizes timesheets. It also has an automatic timer to accurately capture task time. When it comes to monitoring features, it tracks URLs and apps.
Source: Clockify website
Personnel management features are present as well. You will be able to approve employee timesheets and time off requests. Additionally, the app uses the collected data to calculate bills.
- Time tracking – a simple time clock and timesheet combo covers all tasks efficiently
- Invoicing – the information in the app makes the invoicing process quick and painless
- Monitoring – make sure everyone is using their time well and find distractions using screenshots
- Basic – $4.99 per user per month (time tracking and import, audits, required timesheet fields)
- Standard – $6.99 per user per month (invoicing, manager role, tracking time off)
- Pro – $9.99 per user per month (expenses, estimates, scheduling, custom fields)
- Enterprise – $14.99 per user per month (audit logs, custom domain, single sign-on)
Pros and Cons
Desktime is a time tracking application that also offers employee management options. Its goal is both to track time accurately and enhance productivity and overall performance.
Source: DeskTime website
You will immediately recognize if a team member is struggling with the amount of work they have. The app’s reports are also useful when it comes to identifying potential issues.
- Time tracking – understand your employees’ shifts and the tasks they work on
- Cost calculation – get a deeper understanding of project costs and share it with the clients
- Custom reports – identify issues and team strengths by analyzing selected criteria
- Lite – free (time tracking, URL and app monitoring)
- Pro – $7 per user per month (project time tracking, productivity insights, employee integrations)
- Premium – $10 per user per month (company integrations, offline time approval, company integrations)
- Enterprise – $20 per user per month (VIP support, API, unlimited projects, tasks, and data history)
Pros and Cons
TimeCamp is a Connecteam alternative with two time tracking options. The employees can log time manually or use a time clock. Either way, the information will show in the timesheets.
Source: TimeCamp website
The app offers productivity tracking – it monitors employee website and app use. This way you can find the biggest distractions. The app tracks resource use as well.
- Time tracking – make time logs in the timesheet or let the app run in the background
- Budgeting – make sure your projected budgets remain sufficient from start to finish
- Monitoring – understand exactly how the team members are using their time at the office
- Free – free (time tracking per project, task, and user)
- Basic – $7.99 per user per month (integrations, manager role, reports, time rounding)
- Pro – $10.99 per user per month (timesheet approval, invoicing, screenshots, billing rates)
- Enterprise – custom pricing (self-hosted server, training, private cloud)
Pros and Cons
eBillity is a time tracking platform with payroll and billing features. The app also features a scheduling option that automates the employee rostering process.
Source: eBility website
The app’s project tracking suite encompasses many features. You can track your predictions against real time tasks. also, there is an expense tracking option that makes sure the projects are profitable.
- Time tracking – the employees can log their daily tasks quickly and easily
- Reports – detailed real-time insights prevent you from missing issues
- Expense tracking – all projects can be managed through the employee rate option
- Time tracker – $15 base fee + $9 per user per month (time tracking, geofencing, timesheet approval)
- Time tracker premium – $25 base fee + $15 per user per month (job costs, expense tracking, invoicing, online payments)
- LawBillity – $30 per user per month (trust accounts, ABA codes, realization reports, conflict checker)
Pros and Cons
Hubstaff is another Connecteam alternative that offers employee monitoring features. You can rely on the reports and insights, as there is very little opportunity for human error.
Source: Hubstaff website
The GPS and geofencing features are great for hybrid and field teams. The employers can be sure everyone is at the right site, as the app tracks from those locations only.
- Automatic time tracking – let the app work its magic and understand your team’s activities
- Reporting – receive insights on employee tasks, project health, and the overall state of your organization
- GPS – allow time tracking from specific job sites only to prevent manager exhaustion\
- Desk free – free (created with freelancers in mind, single user)
- Desk starter – 2 users minimum, $7 per user per month (idle time detection, screenshots, one integration)
- Desk pro – 2 users minimum, $10 per user per month (invoicing, activity tracking, payroll
- Enterprise – custom pricing and features
Pros and Cons
8. QuickBooks Time (AKA TSheets)
QuickBooks Time (formerly known as TSheets) is a time tracking platform by Intuit. Along with its other products, it aims to eliminate stress related to all business processes.
Source: QuickBooks Time website
The app allows managers to see who is working in real-time, as well as receive custom reports. There is also a geofencing element that reminds users to track their time consistently.
- Simple time tracking – use timesheets to understand your team’s work structure
- Geofencing – know whether the employees are tracking their time from the sites
- Reports – receive valuable insights into your business and manage current and future projects
- Premium – $20 monthly fee + $8 per user per month (mobile app, invoicing and payroll, time off management)
- Elite (coming soon) – $40 monthly fee + $10 per user per month (mileage tracking, project estimates vs actuals, project activity feed)
Pros and Cons
Homebase is a Connecteam alternative most suitable for small businesses. it is designed to reduce admin work – HR, time tracking, payroll, and more.
Source: Homebase website
The app also features a communication channel for employees. This is a great feature for remote teams. Finally, the app simplifies the shift scheduling process as well.
- Time clocks – simply track work time from any device, breaks and overtime included
- Scheduling – keep your schedules available, transparent, and up to date
- Payroll – turn the logged time into wages with a single click and send them to your team members
- Basic – free (up to 20 team members, basic time tracking and scheduling, employee management)
- Essentials – $24.95 per location per month (advanced time tracking and scheduling, team chat)
- Plus – $59.95 per location per month (hiring, PTO tracking, departments, and permissions)
- All-in-one – $99.95 per location per month (employee onboarding, cost management, HR, and compliance)
Pros and Cons
Jibble is a highly accurate Connecteam alternative that also has biometric login options. It offers an accurate overview of a team’s attendance and time.
Source: Jibble website
You will be able to know exactly where your hybrid team members are with the app’s GPS tracking function. The app also automatically calculates payroll.
- Time clock – an easy-to-use clock-in and out feature coming with timesheets
- Biometrics and GPS – let the employees identify with a selfie; know whether they’re on the site
- Payroll – the app automatically calculates pay with its accurately collected data
- Free – free (small team time tracking, user verification, real-time alerts)
- Premium – $2.99 per user per month (3 kiosks, geofencing, work groups, device restrictions)
- Ultimate – $5.99 per user per month (client time tracking, unlimited job sites, client time tracking)
Pros and Cons
Replicon is a Connecteam alternative that utilizes AI to track employee activity. It recognizes the URLs and apps the employees are interacting with and creates timesheets based on that information.
Source: Replicon website
Even though the app drafts the time logs, the employees can look through them to make changes and adjustments. This way, the management can be sure of the logs’ accuracy.
- Automatic time tracking – the users can simply work and the app will collect all necessary information
- Invoicing – create accurate itemized invoices showing the work you’ve performed
- Project management – create projects and divide them into tasks your employees can complete
- Time and attendance – starting at $6 per month (time tracking, time off management, team insights)
- Project and tracking – starting at $12 per month (invoicing, resources, project time tracking)
- PSA and PPM – starting at $29 per month (professional services automation, portfolio management)
Pros and Cons
Our final choice is a tool that helps businesses remain profitable. It has a simple time tracking feature but also tracks every project’s health and progress.
Source: ClickTime website
All employees have an insight into the days off they’ve accrued. Also, there is a timesheet approval option that ensures all information is correct.
- Time tracking – dedicated dashboards let you fill accurate timesheets and send them for approval
- Expense tracking – keep an eye on employee expenses and approve them within the system
- Project management – see how your team handles the current workload before starting a new project
- Starter – $10 per user per month (time tracking, reminders, reports)
- Team – $13 per user per month (workflow and time off tracking, billing rates)
- Premier – $24 per user per month (budgeting, utilization tracking, resources)
- Enterprise – custom pricing (single sign-on, account manager role, custom integrations)
Pros and Cons
How to Decide Which Solution Is the Best for You?
The most important thing when choosing any business software is to make sure it fits your needs. In other words, no solution fits all organizations.
Here are the most important factors to look into
- Feature set (do you need a simple solution or a multitool?)
- Level of monitoring
- The need (or lack thereof) for GPS location or mobile app
- Report quality
Time Analytics – Why Choose It?
Time Analytics is a very simple and quick solution. Even the employees with the lowest computer skills can use it due to its intuitive design. It only takes minutes to fill in!
The solution works on building trust and transparency between employers, managers, and employees. Hence, there are no intrusive monitoring features.
Simple timesheets the app provides are a great solution. They require honesty and trust, as each employee also has to submit the work.
The reports TA delivers are more than enough to help you make decisions. Try Time Analytics for a happy team and a thriving business!
Jelena has a Master’s Degree in teaching Serbian literature and language. Creative writing is her biggest passion.