Are you on the lookout for the best DCAA compliant timekeeping software? You’re in luck, as we’ve tried 15 amazing solutions and listed them for you!
DCAA (Defense Contract Audit Agency) requires companies to follow certain time tracking rules.
It also prescribes some accounting guidelines. Here’s a ranking of the best software to help you keep your records straight and ready for an audit.
1. Time Analytics
Best For Profit Tracking
Time Analytics stands out as the top DCAA compliant timekeeping software, offering not just audit readiness but also a range of tools for effective business management. With user-friendly features, it provides two methods for logging employee time: an automatic timer and manual entries.
The logs go beyond mere time tracking by linking employees to specific projects and clients, ensuring accurate cost allocation. The platform’s streamlined design makes time tracking simple for employees of all skill levels, with easy entry for recurring tasks.
Additionally, it empowers businesses with powerful analytics and historical data, aiding informed decision-making and ultimately enhancing profitability.
The platform offers a wide variety of different reports, including
- Top and low-performing employees and clients
- Time utilization (the ratio of billable and non-billable hours)
- Work hour capacity and the total number of work hours
- Employees who aren’t filling in their timesheets, etc.
While time tracking is the main purpose of the program, you can also use it to create schedules. Namely, Time Analytics also offers time off management. In other words, the employees can track their vacations, sick leave, and other types of absences through the program.
Time Analytics was created with the goal of managing time and manpower. It does it in a way that will benefit any organization by increasing efficiency. It does so by helping the employees recognize their priorities and personal work rhythms.
Time Analytics was created with the goal of managing time and manpower. It does so by helping the employees recognize their priorities and personal work rhythms. That is to say, the software’s main goal is to increase efficiency of any organization.
- Timesheets – create audit-ready DCAA compliant timesheets with all details about your employees’ activities
- Time tracking – track employee time either automatically or manually. Either way, their time will be entered into their timesheets and allocated to clients
- Reports – receive reports on time usage, resource allocation, client and project profitability, and top performers, and detect the first signs of burnout
- Cost tracking – track all expenses (hourly and overhead rates) and the program will automatically allocate them
- Billing – create itemized invoices that account for all time and resources invested in a project; add accurate lists of activities to employee payroll slips
For more information of Time Analytics you can watch quick video:
The pricing starts at $5.99 per user per month. Yet, you can get a discount for large teams. Another discount is offered to the clients who decide to purchase the annual license. The annual plan gives you two months for free. For example, a 10-person team would pay a total of $599 for an entire year.
Best For Data Modeling And Reports
Clockify is one of the most popular best DCAA compliant timekeeping software solutions. With Clockify, you can track work hours across projects for unlimited users, projects, and clients. You can also set hourly rates, assign tasks based on availability, and categorize hours as billable or non-billable.
Clockify collects all the data you need to analyze performance, create custom reports, and handle payroll and billing. Plus, Clockify works on any device and syncs your data online. In other words, you can track time from anywhere, anytime.
- Timesheets – let all your employees fill their timesheets and be ready for an audit
- Reports – See the ins and outs of your business through summary as well as detailed reports
- Time off – stay informed about your team’s time off requests and avoid being short-staffed
Clockify PRO pricing starts at $3.99 per user per month. That is to say, a 10-member team would pay $478.8 for an entire year.
3. QuickBooks Time (Formerly Known as Tsheets)
The Most Solid Quickbooks Integration
QuickBooks Time is another platform that offers DCAA compliant timekeeping. The goal of the app is to simplify payroll, invoices, as well as job cost calculation. This automatic time tracker also differentiates billable and non-billable time. So, the payroll and invoicing processes become extremely simple.
You can use the application from any device, which significantly simplifies leading field and remote teams. As you can guess from the name, the app is directly connected to QuickBooks. Hence, seamless integration and payment method are parts of the time tracker.
Finally, the app also offers a scheduling option, which enables managers a clear overview of their available team members. To put it differently, you can schedule shifts and never be short-staffed again.
- Offline time tracking – track time even when you cannot access the internet
- GPS and geofencing – know where your employees are clocking in from
- Real-time tracking – see the performance of your team as projects progress and discover potential problems before they occur
The Premium plan’s base rate for the program is $20. Each user license is an additional $8 per month. In other words, a ten-person team would have to set aside $1200 per year to use the best DCAA compliant timekeeping software with QuickBooks integrations.
💡 Industry Insights
DCAA identifies and reports on common audit exceptions.
- The lack of documentation
- Inconsistent direct cost charging
- Failure to conduct internal audits and reviews
- Invoice errors
Seamless Integrations Galore
Are you leading a larger team and want to ensure DCAA compliant timekeeping? In that case, Replicon could be a great option for you. It’s a cloud-based, enterprise-grade system that lets you track employee time across projects, tasks, attendance and leave. You can also use it to streamline client billing, project costing and payroll processing.
Replicon integrates with your existing business software such as ERP, CRM, Accounting and Payroll. And with AI-powered time capture, mobile apps and labor compliance as a service, Replicon makes time tracking easy and convenient.
- Timesheets – documents containing all employee working hours data and clocking in time to avoid time theft
- Scheduling – find the best way to organize your team’s time without being short-staffed
- Identity verification – Employees can clock in by taking photos at their workstations
Replicon’s pricing starts at $6 per user per month. So, a team of ten would pay $720 for a Time & Attendance license. There are also other plans that include project time tracking and PSA and PPM. They would set the ten-person team back by $1440 and $3480 respectively.
5. Hour Timesheet
Best For Your Dashboard Customization Needs
Hour Timesheet is the best DCAA compliant timekeeping software with a great time and attendance feature. The solution helps organizations comply with the DCAA timekeeping requirements by allowing users to calculate employee hours. Additionally, it and simplifies the payroll processes. With Hour Timesheet, you can easily approve leave requests and time cards, and get daily timesheet alerts via email.
The interface is simple and can be used by anyone, no matter their computer skills. Yet, the platform still provides complex features and a lot of important information.
- Location tracking – see where your employees are clocking in from in real-time
- Mobile app – your remote and field teams can log their time spent on commute, breaks, etc.
- Timesheets with daily reminders – make sure your team stays current with all its audit trails
Hour Timesheet offers its services for $8 per user per month. That is to say, a ten-member team would pay $960 annually.
Data Modeling At Its Best
We consider BeeBole one of the best DCAA compliant timekeeping software solutions as it offers many features despite its ease of use. Besides logging time spent on tasks, clients, and projects, it also offers information on attendance and absences. The mobile version of the app tracks time even without internet access. Then, it adds the data logged offline to employee timesheets.
Timesheet control is also made very easy. Namely, the managers can control (reject or approve) the timesheets in bulk.
Switching between different clients, tasks and projects is a breeze. That’s why this platform is ideal for any employee, regardless of their computer skills. The platform also collects valuable data that helps you create impressive reports and manage your teams more effectively.
- Time tracking – track time accurately in only a few clicks, even with multiple clients
- Project management – see how your projects are progressing in real-time and make sure you’re staying within deadlines
- Time reports – accurate details on the time spent on different tasks, projects, and clients
All Beebole’s features are available at €6.99 per user per month. So, a ten-member team would pay €839 to use the app for a year.
Best For Keeping Entire Teams On The Same Page
Connecteam is a time tracking software solution that delivers accuracy and efficiency. It uses automatic stopwatches to track time with precision. It’s designed for field teams who work outside the office.
It also has a simple onboarding process that saves you time and hassle.
This is why after trying it we consider it one of the best DCAA compliant timekeeping software solutions on the market.
Connecteam also has a communication channel that keeps your workers connected and informed. You can easily share updates, status, events, and chat with your coworkers. You can also monitor your own progress by adding checklists and forms for various tasks and projects. You can enter tasks in a snap, as the platform remembers them and makes them repeatable.
- Time clock – track time spent on tasks accurately to the minute for easy invoicing
- Checklists – create lists and never forget any important detail again
- Communication – send instant messages to your team members and keep in touch with them
The pricing starts from $29 per month for the first 30 users. After that each additional user’s license will cost $0.5 per month. The platform offers a free option with limited features for teams of up to ten users as well.
Best For Real-Time Analytics
Bigtime is another great option among the best DCAA compliant timekeeping software solutions. The platform features a plethora of different features.
The software’s purpose is to automate professional service companies. Hence, it offers a comprehensive toolkit for companies of all sizes. Thus, it helps them regulate their business on multiple fronts.
The program offers a timesheet feature that helps employees avoid accidental overtime (i.e., the entries are auto-completed). Finally, you can create a template for your employees. Simply set up fields that have to be filled to submit the timesheet.
Bigtime makes scheduling a breeze. Namely, you can see employee availability and optimize both manpower and resource allocation. The platform also provides business owners with many important reports, analytics, and dashboards to observe their business.
- Timesheets – have all employee time data in one place without worrying about accuracy
- Reports – receive all important metrics in the form of customizable graphics and reports
- Billing – create custom itemized invoices for your clients to avoid any confusion or questions
Bigtime’s pricing starts at $20 per user per month. That is to say, a 10-person team would pay the annual price of $2400 for the Essentials plan.
Wide Platform Integrations At Your Fingertips
Journyx is a DCAA compliant timekeeping software solution that works for small and mid-sized organizations. It’s a platform that combines simplicity and power. You can use it to track time with ease and access a wealth of data to analyze.
Additionally, the software can automate timesheet validation and save you time and trouble. It also helps you avoid errors and lengthy reviews.
The platform is also available as a mobile app. Thus, your employees can check in and track their time from anywhere. In other words, Journyx is a great option for remote and field teams. It also makes the payroll process much simpler, as it accounts for all employee time and expense data. Hence, we believe it rightly deserves its spot among the best DCAA compliant timekeeping software solutions on our list.
- Timesheets – this feature is very simple, yet offers some advanced options, like smart suggestions
- Project tracking – track time and expenses by the project to make sure you’re remaining profitable
- Payroll – export all files necessary for providing payment for your employees
The platform charges companies individually and the pricing depends on your business model and features you include in your plan.
Simple Initial Setup For A Great Payoff
WeWorked is a timesheet solution that enables DCAA compliant timekeeping. The goal of the software is to reduce administrative time as much as possible. This, on the other hand, leaves your team with more time to spend on billable tasks. In other words, general productivity is meant to go up while reducing stress and time spent on menial activities. You can track your time by clocking in on the location or filling in online timesheets.
The platform ensures accuracy in timekeeping. You can approve timesheets daily, weekly, bi-weekly, or semi-monthly. WeWorked provides managers with comprehensive reports that show all the ins and outs of your business.
- Timesheets – record all employee activity and make sure to have all logs in one place
- Time off balances – let all employees know how many free days they’ve accrued
- Invoices – calculate billable project rates and export them in Excel
The pricing starts at $15 per month for 3 users. A plan for 10 users would set you back $420 total in a year.
11. TeamKeeper (Formerly Known as Clockwise)
Best For Secure Archiving
Another DCAA compliant timekeeping software, TeamKeeper is a modern and sleek solution. The platform’s flexibility is reflects in its automatic schedule creation. The schedules are set to fit all team members. One of the platform’s leading features is Focus time, a time blocking option.
Using it allows all users to concentrate on their most important tasks. This distraction blocking feature elevates the platform to the status of one of the best DCAA compliant timekeeping software solutions.
The app offers an automatic scheduling feature as well. Namely, it joins all personnel’s calendars and creates a sustainable daily plan for every team member. All of this is possible through the app’s AI background. Namely, it discovers the best times for each task or meeting while not disturbing the workflow.
- Time tracking – know what all of your employees are doing every day
- Focus time – find time for deep work each day and dedicate it to your biggest priorities
- Team time sync – detect the best time to schedule an appointment while not interrupting anyone’s focus
TeamKeeper starts its pricing at $5 per user per month if charged annually. This means that a 10-member team would pay $600 for a yearly license.
Best For Simple And Accurate Invoicing
BQE is a time and expense tracker that aims to reduce business expenses and optimize project management time. Time and expense tracking through the platform are intuitive.
It can also be done from anywhere. The platform is best suited for architecture, engineering, and consulting businesses.
Billing is one of the platform’s biggest advantages. For example, the itemized invoices can be adjusted to fit any organization’s demands. It is also very convenient, as it shortens the invoicing process significantly. This system is a great option for businesses that practice different kinds of contracts. Whether it’s full-time, fixed feel recurring, or other – your arrangement is covered.
- Time tracking – track your time through timecards and automatic timers
- Dashboards – dashboards that contain different reports and widgets that offer an insight into your business
- Billing – create detailed itemized invoices that fit your company’s industry and individual needs
Pricing depends on your company and is completely custom
Best For Completely Automatic Time Tracking
TimeCamp is a DCAA compliant timekeeping platform that helps you track time and invoice clients. It records billable and non-billable hours and creates reports based on your employees’ data. Users can choose to enter their time manually or use an automatic timer. The platform also lets managers monitor their teams’ performance on any task with a quick look.
One of TimeCamp’s coolest features is the domain name scanner. It detects the domains of the apps your team members use. Then, it sorts them into pre-defined groups. This way, the platform shows your employees how they spend their time and helps them plan their days more effectively.
- Time tracking – use an automatic timer or enter your time manually
- Performance tracking – learn about the habits of your workforce and see whether they meet your expectations
- Productivity measuring – divide all apps and domains into productive and non-productive
The pricing starts with the Basic plan at $2.99 per user per month. In other words, a 10-member team would pay $359 for a yearly license.
Best For Easy Payroll
If you’re looking for the best DCAA compliant timekeeping software, you should check out Timerack. It’s a cloud-based solution that helps you track employee hours, expenses, and leave. It also integrates with your payroll and accounting systems, making it easy to manage your finances.
The platform has a user-friendly interface and a mobile app that lets you track time from anywhere. It also has features like geofencing, biometric verification, and audit trails that ensure accuracy and compliance. Timerack is the best DCAA compliant timekeeping software for any business that works with the government.
- Time tracking – completely automatic, time tracking through Timerack is very accurate
- Identification – the platform uses biometric and contactless options to make sure there is no buddy-punching
- Reports – the logged time is turned into reports that show real-time and aggregate statistics
Pricing is not detailed on the site. For this information contact the Timerack team
Flexible And Customizable Time Tracking
ClickTime is another one of our chosen best DCAA compliant timekeeping software solutions. It focuses on making logging time as simple as possible for all team members. This benefits both the employees and the managers reviewing the timesheets. The platform offers comprehensible reports and aims to make the entire business process easier. Additionally, it can point business owners to the best decisions they can make for the future of their organizations.
ClickTime helps you estimate project costs based on past data. It also evaluates your team’s productivity and efficiency based on their entries. This way, you can always be confident that all timesheets are done, as the platform verifies it for you.
- Time tracking – timesheets that track employee time on a project and time off, ready for an audit
- Reports – recognize your organization’s strengths and weaknesses and make changes to optimize your business
- Integrations – Clicktime offers numerous integrations with the most popular office programs
The pricing starts at $10 per user per month. So, a 10-member team would pay $1200 for a year.
A Feature-Rich Effective Solution
The last entry on our list, Zoho is another great DCAA compliant timekeeping solution. The platform’s primary focus is HR. Yet, it offers numerous other features that enable your team to track their time. Additionally, it allows managers to see the realistic state of their teams. You can set goals for different teams and employees and monitor whether they’re being met and how long they take.
The platform automatically turns time logs into timesheets ready for an audit. That is to say, there is no need to double-enter. You can also use the platform to schedule shifts without clashes or over and understaffing.
- Time tracking – track your team’s time and project progress
- Reports – receive insightful analytics on your business and make informed decisions
- Attendance – track the availability of your team members and their planned paid time off
Zoho offers custom quotes after a demo.
DCAA is a regulation that has strict standards for timekeeping. We searched for the best time tracking solutions that meet these standards automatically.
This way, you can relax and forget about audits. We hope you’ll discover the best DCAA compliant timekeeping software solution for your business from these options
Bojan Radojicic, Master Degree in Economics, is a financial performance consultant with more than 15 years of experience. He is responsible for adding value services based on innovative solutions.