Want to know more about the Deputy time tracking feature? Read on!
Deputy is a time tracking and scheduling software solution. The app features useful options like scheduling, payroll calculation, and a mobile app.
The platform is, hence, a good option for construction teams and other field staff. The app’s main goal is to reduce admin time and help businesses focus on delivering projects.
Today, we are going to look into the app’s time tracking feature. Hopefully, it will help you decide whether you’d like to purchase a plan.
Deputy Time Tracking Overview
Source: Deputy website
Deputy relies on simple timesheets to untangle a team’s working day. The tracker automatically records attendance and helps calculate payroll accurately.
The employees don’t have to worry about learning complex time tracking processes. The app features a simple clock-in system that leaves no place for confusion.
The app uses facial recognition and GPS location to ensure no one is buddy punching. This way, managers can be sure of their employees’ honesty.
Accuracy is a high priority when it comes to payroll and charging your own clients. Deputy aims for transparency in both cases.
Simple Time Capturing
Using Deputy is extremely simple. The employees only need to click a button and the app will start tracking their time on the job automatically.
The platform uses a simple time clock for this purpose. The clock also features a break button.
- Time clock – use the most precise method of employee time tracking
- Breaks – catalog breaks and divide them into paid and unpaid
- Timesheets – the software creates automatic digital timesheets with the data it collects
Deputy aims to eliminate buddy punching and other forms of time theft. These issues usually happen in field teams, as well as organizations with a large number of employees.
- Real-time attendance – check in on your team and see who is present whenever you need to
- GPS location – get an insight into the whereabouts of every team member
- Facial recognition – use biometric data to verify each employee’s presence at the job site
Thus, the managers can make sure everyone has worked their shifts without constant check-ins.
Managers need to be sure that timesheets are accurate. Even though the Deputy time tracking feature has face recognition and GPS tracking, it also makes reviewing extremely simple.
- Individual approval – make sure a specific employee has been truthful with their timekeeping
- Bulk approval – approve the entire group’s or team’s timesheets at once
- Export – send all timesheet data to your payroll app with a single click
Wage and Break Compliance
As we’ve mentioned before, Deputy includes a break button. Moreover, the app makes sure that employers are giving all their employees their fair share.
- Wage calculation – automate the calculation process including contract terms and local laws
- Work rates – set up specific hourly rates for different positions within the company
- Break scheduling – make sure you’re compliant with the local laws and set up automatic breaks
Deputy offers four pricing plans with different features.
Scheduling ($3.50 per user per month)
- Unlimited shifts
- Auto scheduling
- POS integration
- Leave and PTO management
- Task assignment
- Open API
- Schedule templates
Time and attendance ($3.50 per user per month)
- Unlimited timesheets
- Integration for payroll
- POS integration
- PTO and leave management
- Task assignment
- Performance and journaling
- Biometric and GPS location capture
- Custom fields in timesheets
Premium ($4.90 per user per month)
All features from the previous two plans
Enterprise (custom pricing)
- All features from Premium
- Custom roles and permissions
- Custom structure
- VIP support
- Reporting and analytics
- Demand planning
- Training matrix
Time Analytics – an Alternative
If you’re looking into Deputy, you’re probably searching for a simple, remote team-friendly time tracking. In that case, Time Analytics can be a great alternative.
The application was built to help organizations remain profitable. However, it also makes sure your relationship with both employees and clients becomes healthier and stronger.
That is why the app doesn’t rely on micromanagement and monitoring. The employees simply create time entries and let their work speak for itself.
Time Analytics has an automatic time tracking option. This is possible due to a simple time clock within the app. It allows extreme accuracy in task time tracking.
- Task list – the employees are provided with a pre-populated list of current and upcoming tasks
- Simple tracking – the clock has a Start/Stop button the employees click to track time
- Breaks – simply stop the timer when you need to take a break and start it again when you’re back at work
Manual Time Tracking
Automatic time tracking could be inconvenient for different reasons. That is why all team members can simply add time spent on tasks manually.
All they need to do is simply choose a task from the list and type in how long they’ve worked on it.
All collected information is turned into timesheet entries. The timesheets themselves are the proof of work both for internal and invoicing purposes.
- Billability – the tasks contain information on the project, client, and custom billable rates for all employees
- Two views – view either daily or weekly timesheets depending on the scope of the tasks
- Time utilization – you can mark all tasks as either billable or non-billable
- Invoicing appendix – export and convert the timesheets into PDF or Excel to send to your clients
Time Off Tracking
Time Analytics also makes scheduling simple with its time off tracking feature. Namely, the employees can mark their time off in advance.
This enables the managers to create shifts and schedules with a clear understanding of employee availability.
One more advantage of time off tracking is that you’ll be able to improve your relationship with clients. Namely, you will be able to assign tasks without worrying about being understaffed.
TA Mobile App
Time Analytics has a fully functional mobile application. Hence, it is also a great solution for field teams that don’t spend their time at computers.
The app features all the options the desktop version has. However, it doesn’t have any intrusive monitoring options. This is another way to show employees you trust them.
Time Analytics Pricing
Time Analytics has two affordable pricing plans.
Starter ($5.99 per user per month)
- Time tracking per project and client
- Two-view timesheets
- Time off tracking
- Overtime and utilization
- Automatic cost allocation
- Performance dashboard
- Visual reports
- Billing rates
- Time and cost reporting
- Data import
- Exportable reports
Optimum ($8.45 per user per month)
- Every Starter feature
- Invoicing assistant
- Profit reporting
- Email reminders to submit timesheets
- Custom onboarding
Both plans have 24-hour email support. You can try them for free in a 14-day free trial.
Deputy Time Tracking vs. Time Analytics
Deputy is a solid time tracking and scheduling software solution. However, after trying the product we realized that it wasn’t very versatile when it comes to the customer profile.
Additionally, reports and analytics are available only for companies that have over 250 employees. This is true as they are only featured in the Enterprise plan.
On the other hand, Time Analytics offers reports on all key performance indicators to users on all tiers.
When it comes to the time tracking features themselves, both apps are very similar.
Getting Started with Time Analytics
Time Analytics is an extremely user-friendly solution. There are zero distractions within its interface. thus, the time tracking process is effective and quick.
Besides being popular among employees, the app also delivers accurate reports to management. In other words, it eliminates the need to monitor and micromanage your team.
Additionally, you will be able to compare different projects. Simply put, determining low-performing employees, contracts and clients is as simple as clicking a button.
To conclude, Time Analytics offers transparency in all aspects of the business. Using it to track time will help you lead a more successful business, as well as a happy team!
Jelena has a Master’s Degree in teaching Serbian literature and language. Creative writing is her biggest passion.