DeskTime is a time tracking tool that also offers workforce management features as well. The software’s purpose is to increase business productivity and effectiveness by tracking employee time.
It relies on tracking URLs and apps the users are interacting with during the day for maximum accuracy.
There are three paid versions of the app, as well as a free plan.
We are here to take a closer look at what each plan entails.
DeskTime Pricing Plans
Different companies have different time tracking needs.
For example, a freelancer or a small startup won’t need the same amount of information as a multi-national company with thousands of employees. That is why DeskTime offers three different plans plust additional Entreprise plan for large teams.
Each plan has a different features and a matching price point.
This plan is free and available for a single user. It can be used as a starting point in a freelancing career. The Lite plan offers some basic functions, all related to time tracking and employee monitoring.
- Automatic time tracking – track time on all your projects automatically
- Mobile and web timers – be as accurate as possible on different devices/
- Tracking URLs and apps – understand your daily work structure and find your biggest distractions
What is not included?
- Productivity calculation
- Tracking idle time
- Project time tracking
- Automatic screenshots
- Absence calendar
- IP restrictions
The Pro plan costs $7 per user per month and includes everything in the Lite plan plus other features:
- Idle time tracking – track the time your employees spend away from their devices
- Project time tracking – calculate the total time any project takes
- Document title tracking
- Pomodoro timer
- Productivity calculation – learn which employees are the most and least productive
- User integrations – employees can integrate the tool with Google and Outlook calendars
What is not included?
- Absence calendar
- Integrations with popular project management tools to reduce and automate workload
- Shift scheduling
- Offline time approval
- Priority in customer support
The cost of the Premium plan is $10 per user per month. It includes everything in the Pro plan plus:
- Automatic screenshots – proof-of-work screenshots at set intervals
- Absence calendar – learn which team members are on PTO, out of the office, etc. at a glance
- Shift scheduling – plan and set shifts for the entire team
- Booking – schedule time to use conference rooms, parking spaces, etc.
- Invoicing – create and send accurate invoices
- Company integrations – automate the work and integrate with project management tools
- Offline time approval – let the employees request offline time
- IP restrictions – let the tool only track time from approved IP addresses
What is not included?
- VIP support
- Personalized onboarding
- Unlimited projects and tasks
- Unlimited data history
- Custom API functions
The Enterprise plan includes everything from the Premium plan and costs $20 per user per month. It also offers
- VIP support – quick and personalized support for any issue
- Personalized onboarding – unlimited demos of the software for the entire team
- Unlimited projects and tasks – no limits to the number of tasks and projects
- Unlimited data history – have the entire history of app use from day one
- Custom API functions – customize the platform to suit your needs
DeskTime Pricing FAQ
How much does DeskTime cost?
The LITE plan is free. Other plans include a 14-day free trial, after which you need to choose a plan. The plans start at $7 but can go lower for yearly payments in large teams.
How can I subscribe?
Click the “Add payment method” button and choose payment type. You will be automatically charged each billing cycle.
What is the difference between monthly and annual billing?
If you choose the monthly plan you will be charged on the first day of each month. The annual method is billed once a year, on the day you’ve started the plan. If you choose annual billing, you will receive one free month as well.
Looking for an Alternative?
DeskTime is one of the most popular time tracking platforms out there.
Yet, some employers may be worried about its main tracking principle.
Namely, employees usually don’t like having their every move observed.
Moreover, strict monitoring can decrease morale and increase turnover (and its costs).
Time Analytics offers a different approach. Let’s talk about it.
What is Time Analytics?
Time Analytics is a simple and hassle-free time tracking solution that helps you keep track of hours per projects, clients and activities. With powerful reporting features you can analyze projects and clients performance and focus on what matters.
- Single-click tracking – start and finish tracking time spent on specific tasks with one click
- Automated tasks – don’t waste time on creating new entries, but use previous ones instead
- Daily and weekly view – let your team members create plans that fit their work rhythm
- Project insights – track your KPIs to make sure your business is functioning at full capacity
- Client tracking – find out who are your most and least valuable clients
- Optimizing billability – make sure you’re not giving your valuable time away for free
- Transparency – create appendices for your invoices to ensure a good reputation among clients
- Productivity evaluation – recognize your most productive employees through the number of billable hours
- Task structure – analyze the way the employees are using their time and find potential ways to improve
- Profitability increase – compare your real revenues with the projected and expected profits
- Time off tracking – track the time your employees haven’t worked
Time Analytics Pricing
Time Analytics offers two pricing plans.
Starter plan – $5.99 per user per month
This plan is best for teams or individuals that want to cut down admin work and get more productivity or billable hours. Features and benefits:
- No limitation in users, clients, and projects.
- Tracking time per activities: Use a time clock or manually enter entries
- Daily and weekly workspace view (timers and timesheets)
- Time off tracking: vacation, daily lunch, holiday, sick leaves
- Billing and labor rates
- Different roles: admin, manager, typical user
- Assign clients to managers
- Time utilization and productivity tracking
- Labor cost allocation to clients and projects.
- Data import and export
- Support: 24 hours e-mail support, in-app chat, 50+ written tutorials
Optimum – $8.45 per user per month
This plan is ideal for companies interested in increasing profitability across projects and clients. With this package you can create more transparency and accuracy in working with clients. Features and benefits:
- Everything in Starter plan
- Invoicing (Time Billing)
- Revenue and profit reporting
- Scheduled email reminders/reports
- Customized onboarding
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be charged when my free trial period expires?
No. There are no hidden surprise fees. We don’t require any credit card data for the trial period. You will only be charged once you choose a plan and purchase it.
Can I use Time Analytics for free after the expiration of the trial?
Yes. You will get 14 additional days to try the product. You’ll need to purchase a paid plan after this extended period.
How to calculate the license cost?
The cost is based on the number of active users. You will have to multiply this number by the price of the plan to get your cost.
How do you count users for the purpose of billing?
Time Analytics only charges for the users marked as Enabled. If you don’t need to track a team member’s time anymore you can disable them in the Team section. All the information on that user will still be available.
What is the difference between paying monthly or annually?
Our platform offers monthly and annual licenses. This way you can choose which one is more suitable for your business. The annual license is charged in full with a single yearly invoice. On the other hand, you will receive invoices each month with the monthly plan.
DeskTime is a reliable time tracking and employee-monitoring solution.
However, there are some issues using this platform can cause due to its extensive monitoring of employee activity.
If you are weary about purchasing one of their plans, you should consider other platforms as well.
It is important to know all the options before implementing an additional step into your employees’ daily routines.