Are you interested in finding an EverHour alternative? We are here to help you.
EverHour is a famous online time tracking tool. However, it has shown some issues that could cause you to look for a different solution.
The Reasons to Look into Alternatives
The lack of a native mobile application is a huge minus. Namely, mobile applications are necessary for remote and field teams. This way, the employees are limited to their computers.
The second issue concerns the application’s reporting feature. Firstly, the application doesn’t offer various graphic reports.
Secondly, there are few customization options when it comes to reports. Combined, these factors make determining your business’s key performance indicators more difficult and time-consuming.
Finally, determining sub-tasks within larger tasks is impossible. In other words, precise tracking (i.e. comparing billable and non-billable hours) is not possible.
List of the Best EverHour Alternatives
- Time Analytics
- Time Doctor
- QuickBooks Time
- Toggl Track
1. Time Analytics
Time Analytics is our first choice when it comes to an EverHour alternative. The software is extremely simple to use while still managing to deliver detailed and accurate reports.
The entire system is built on smart timesheets. These documents take very little time to fill in. In other words, they are focused on making your team more efficient.
The software gives you accurate proof of work, as well as indicates potential issues. Hence, you will be able to fix these problems before they blow up.
Tracking Time with TA
As we’ve previously stated, timesheets lie at the heart of the program. However, the users will have two options when it comes to filling them.
The first method consists of tracking time spent on each task manually. Users can create time entries connected to the tasks, projects, and clients they’ve been involved with.
On the other hand, you can also use an automatic timer for maximum accuracy.
The time tracking feature includes
- Lists of tasks for each employee
- Marking tasks as billable or non-billable
- Personal hourly billing rates for each employee
- Copying, editing, and moving all entries
Project and Client Reports
Tracking a business’s metrics can’t be complete without paying attention to your clients and projects. This is why Time Analytics keeps track of metrics connected to them as well.
This feature set can help you both analyze your current jobs and plan future ones.
For example, a client could not be meeting your expectations profit-wise. Using Time Analytics will help you identify them and decide your next steps to make their project profitable. Other options include
- Optimizing profit generation
- Estimating profits and time for future similar projects
- Noticing and negotiating unfavorable contracts
- Keeping an eye on all allocated costs
Team Performance Reviews
Your team’s performance is also a huge part of any business. However, this doesn’t mean you should dedicate time to micromanagement and controlling each team member.
Quite the opposite, Time Analytics allows you to see the employees who are struggling without hovering over their shoulders. The tools helping you do that are
- Tracking overtime
- Time off tracking
- Tracking unrecorded hours
- Task structure insights
- Tracking where your team is goal-wise
Time Analytics’ reports rely on the platform’s powerful timesheets. The timesheets store all information the employees provide.
As we’ve previously stated, filling out the timesheets isn’t time-consuming at all. Moreover, combining them with the template function reduces the time needed for the everyday admin work for the entire team.
That is to say, the documents take only a few minutes a day. However, they contain all the necessary information to keep your business thriving.
The Invoicing Assistant
Another aspect Time Analytics cares deeply about is the transparency between your business and its clients. That is why the application contains an invoicing assistant.
The documents you can create through the assistant contain all the time and task details relating to a specific project. They are itemized lists of all tasks you’ve done for the client.
Adding these documents as proof of work is beneficial for your relationship with your clients for two reasons:
- You will remind them of the hard work and value your business provides
- You will prove your fairness when it comes to the billing process
Time Analytics makes sure all client data is completely secure. This is one of our biggest priorities, as we’re aware of the importance of the data all our clients provide.
All information entered into the system is encrypted. This is true for passwords and credit card information as well.
The platform itself never stores any information within itself. Instead, it is backed up on a daily to ensure maximum security.
Time Analytics’ Pricing
The platform offers two plans. You can choose the one that suits your business’s needs more.
Starter ($5.99 per user per month)
- Time tracking per client and project
- Online timesheets
- Tracking overtime, utilization, time off, and holidays
- Automatic cost allocation
- Time and cost reporting
- Dashboard with a performance overview
- Customizable billing and pay rates
- 24-hour email support
Optimum ($8.45 per user per month)
- Every feature included in the Starter
- Invoicing assistant
- Revenue and profit reporting
- Reminders by email
- Personalized onboarding process
Both plans have a 14-day free trial to help you decide which one is better for you.
2. Time Doctor
If you are looking for a more complex solution, Time Doctor could be a great EverHour alternative. This time tracking application offers numerous monitoring features for in-house and remote teams alike.
The automatic time tracking experience aims to help any organization identify its strengths and weaknesses. This, then, leads to overall improved performance.
- Employee tracking and monitoring – track time and receive screenshots and activity level reports
- Timesheets and payroll – calculate your team members’ pay based on their tracked hours
- Project management and budgeting – start your projects on the right foot and see them through
- Reports – see how productive each team member was during the previous period
- Distraction alerts – all employees with low activity levels receive warnings
- Offline time tracking – track every billable hour, no matter whether you’re online or not
- Basic (time and activity tracking, unlimited screenshots) – $7 per user per month
- Standard (tracking apps and URLs, payroll, integrations) – $10 per user per month
- Premium (client login, VIP support, video screen captures)- $20 per user per month
Find more information about Time Doctor pricing.
Tmetric is an EverHour alternative that gives its users an actionable insight into the state of their business. It also offers numerous monitoring features, including screenshots.
The application’s goal is to automate as many of the everyday mundane tasks as possible. That is why it offers project management, budgeting, invoicing, and payroll options.
- Time tracking – automatically capture how your team members are spending their time
- Billing and invoicing – calculate invoices with customizable billing rates
- Project management – manage projects from top to bottom through the app
- Team management – set up shifts and see how your employees spend their working hours
- Task management – improve your workflow by being in the loop with your team’s tasks
- Time off – track and manage employees’ paid time off without annoying paperwork
- Free (track time, projects, and clients and receive reports) – free
- Professional (mandatory fields, tracking permissions, reports) – $5 per user per month
- Business (scheduling, payroll, activity monitoring) – $7 per user per month
Harvest is a lightweight and intuitive EverHour alternative. The application is available on a multitude of devices and platforms, which makes it great for remote teams.
The reports the application delivers are accurate and insightful. Their end goal is to help business owners identify and resolve issues as early on as possible.
- Time tracking – use automatic time clocks and manual timesheets across devices
- Reporting – receive reports on your business based on the logged information
- Invoicing – create invoices for your clients accounting for all billable hours
- Free (1 user and two projects) – free
- Pro (no limits on users or projects) – $12 per user per month
5. QuickBooks Time
QuickBooks Time is an EverHour alternative with a real-time tracking feature. It allows employers and employees alike to see both recent and historic trends and patterns.
The reporting function is highly customizable and allows for creating reports with no unnecessary data. You can create shifts and schedule events without interrupting anyone’s workflow.
- Time tracking – track in real-time and obtain insight into your workforce
- Timesheets – see all important news and trends when it comes to the workload
- Reporting – create custom reports that display the most important performance metrics
- Geofence – optionally allow the employees to clock in simply by coming to their place of work
- Scheduling – create schedules that will help the team thrive and avoid time clashes
- Premium (time tracking, invoicing, scheduling, payroll) – $20 fee + $8 per user per month
- Elite (project tracking, activity feed, geofence) – $40 fee + $10 per user per month
RescueTime is a fully automated time tracking platform. This EverHour alternative has a wide variety of features and aims to allow its users more productivity without increasing the workload.
The application lets users set daily goals and measures their productivity toward them. It helps team members optimize their daily work structure to achieve peak productivity without overworking.
- Time tracking – find out which apps and websites are the biggest distractions
- Distractions – block distractions in the most productive times of the day
- Focus goals – set custom goals for every team member
- Reports – learn how well the employees are managing their focus goals and other important metrics
- Lite (focus work goals, real-time tracking, weekly reports, alerts) – free
- Premium (distraction blocking, history reports, music integrations) – $12 per user per month
Hubstaff is an EverHour alternative that also focuses a lot of its efforts on employee monitoring. This means that you can safely rely on the accuracy of its insights. You should watch the company morale, though!
If your team is working in different locations, you can track their activity via the geofence feature. This is a great way to make sure everyone is at the site and working.
- Time tracking – know how your team works and the time it takes to complete a task
- Timesheets – all work-related data is turned into comprehensive work reports
- Geofencing – track employee time related to specific locations
- Reports – receive detailed reports on all employee activity to improve your business processes
- Desk Free (a single-user plan for freelancers) – free
- Desk starter (one integration, screenshots, idle time detection) – $7 per user per month
- Desk Pro (activity tracking, invoicing, payroll, unlimited teams) – $10 per user per month
- Enterprise – custom plan
Desk Starter and Pro have a minimum of two active users.
Find more information about Hubstaff pricing here.
This easy time tracking application is a great addition to any office. The employees can track their time manually or automatically, and the data is stored in timesheets.
Tracking the overall team’s performance can help you streamline everyone’s workflow. It can also show you accurately how much time and resources go into each task for better estimates.
- Automatic time tracking – let the application run in the background and collect information
- Reporting – learn all you need to know about the health of your projects with pre-built and custom reports
- Productivity tracking – see the websites and apps your employees are interacting with
- Timesheet approval – let the app fill your timesheets and check them later
- Invoicing – automate the invoicing process and use the data from the timesheets for accuracy
- Billing rates and budgeting – a rich budgeting toolkit to help you manage project profitability
- Attendance and time off tracking – have all necessary availability details
- Free (unlimited users, projects, and tasks) – free
- Basic (time rounding, custom reporting, management roles, integrations) – $7.99 per user per month
- Pro (billing rates, invoicing, timesheet approval, screenshots) – $10.99 per user per month
- Enterprise (training, private cloud, self-hosted server) – custom plan
Clockodo is an Everhout alternative that focuses on finding each business’s strengths and weaknesses. That is to say, the application doesn’t simply collect data, but analyzes it in-depth.
The app is available on multiple devices and requires only a click of a button to start and stop the tracking process. It also offers highly customizable reports.
- Stopwatch – track time on individual tasks with a few clicks
- Individual reports – create individual reports with all the data you need to propel your business
- Employee reports – take a closer look at employee hours, tasks, overtime, etc
- Project timesheets – always know how well your projects are progressing and compare them to plans
- Team calendar – synchronize, create shifts, and move things around when necessary
- Freelancer (single user, task and project time tracking) – free
- Starter (time tracking, stopwatch, absence tracking) – $5 per user per month
- Pro (project time tracking, billable vs non-billable hours, hourly rates) – $10 per user per month
- Enterprise (priority support, automated backups, single sign-on) – $13 per user per month
10. Toggl Track
Toggl Track is an EverHour alternative with one of the best interface designs on the market. It is extremely simple to use and the highly visual reports are well-organized.
The application offers a sturdy budgeting feature that helps companies stay within their means. It also doesn’t take the employees a lot of time to track their activity as all they have to do is turn timers on.
- Automatic time tracking – keep an eye on the time that different tasks take to complete
- Budgeting – create budgets for all projects and make sure they’re profitable
- Reports – receive reports on employee activity to create a more efficient business model
- Billing – create documents that show what all projects entail
- Payroll – use collected data on billable hours to calculate your employees’ pay
- Free (time tracking on unlimited projects and clients) – free
- Starter (time rounding, billing rates, time estimates, task time tracking) – $10 per user per month
- Premium (reminders, audits, required timesheet fields, fixed fee projects) – $20 per user per month
- Enterprise (more than one workspace, training, priority support) – custom plan
Timeneye is an EverHour alternative that helps its users allocate their time more efficiently. The app’s goal is to make both employers and employees more aware of their potential.
The platform has a visual interface that makes using it simple and easy. You can track time from any device, which is great for hybrid and remote teams.
- Time tracking – well-organized timesheets that also feature reminders
- Project tracking – review the time your team spends on individual projects to stay on time and budget
- Reporting – receive insights derived from the data the application collects
- All-in-one (full functionality) – $7 per user per month
This EverHour alternative is based on AI. In other words, the time is tracked via the applications the employees are using during the workday. Then, these entries are turned into time logs.
Of course, if the level of automation is this high, mistakes are bound to happen. That is why the employees can edit the entries before the final submission.
- Automated timesheets – the system creates timesheets and lets the employees make changes
- Project management – create and divide all projects into tasks for your team
- Groups – group employees by the team, location, project, etc. for easier management
- Resources – make forecasts and get recommendations on how to spend your project funds
- Invoicing – create accurate invoices and support them with the collected data
- Time and attendance (time tracking, time off management, team tracking) – starting at $6 per month
- Project and tracking (tracking per project, resources, invoicing) – starting at $12 per month
- PSA and PPM (portfolio management, automating professional services) – starting at $29 per month
Our final alternative is ClickTime, a time tracking platform that allows its users to measure their work easily. The app tracks the costs, effort, and performance of all projects.
The time tracking aspect is designed to be as accurate as possible. Hence, it includes manager approval and reminders to fill timesheets. It is available on mobile as well, for teams on the go.
- Time logging – fill timesheets accurately and quickly through dedicated dashboards
- Expense tracking – get an overview of all employee expenses to monitor and approve
- Time off management – let all employees see how much vacation time they’ve accrued
- Resource management – track employee capacity against total and specific workloads
- Project management – get insights, budget your projects and make estimates for future jobs
- Reporting – receive over70 pre-built reports based on entered data
- Starter (time tracking, reminders, reporting) – $10 per user per month
- Team (workflow approval, billing rates, time off tracking) – $13 per user per month
- Premier (budgeting, resources, utilization tracking) – $24 per user per month
- Enterprise (account manager role, single sign-on, custom integrations) – custom plan
Time Analytics – Getting Started
Are you looking for a time tracking solution that will truly help you grow your business? Time Analytics could be just the right choice.
One of the software’s biggest advantages is its user-friendliness. Anyone can use TA without initial training. In other words, the interface is extremely user-friendly. Even absolute beginners can track time in mere minutes.
This, however, doesn’t mean the software is lacking. On the contrary, the application is extremely sturdy and synchronizes across devices effortlessly. Your remote team will be happy to hear that.
Finally, the app allows crucial insights into any business without micromanagement. That is to say, you will be able to help your employees perform better without them feeling like you don’t trust them.
So check out our site and see whether this is the right choice for your organization!