Adding time to a project, client and task starts with creating a timer.
The timer contains the name of the project, client, work task, information on whether the activity is billable or non-billable (icon $), a short task description, time spent and the billing rate if the task is billable to the client.
You can create a timer using the following two methods:
Steps to create your first timer:
- Click on the “+” button if you want to add time manually or click on the Play button if you want to start running the timer for the selected task.
- Click the button “+ Client – Project – Task” to add what you are working on
- If you want to add time for a specific client you’re working for, select a client from the list below. (If there are no clients, create one by typing client name and click on the “ADD” button)
- If the task you are working on isn’t related to the client, click on the line “ No Client – Internal work”
- If you want to enter timeoff (leave), click the “Time Off” button
- Select a project/ task. (If there are no projects/tasks, create one by typing project/ task name and click on the “ADD” button.)
- If you select manual time logging, note that a time format is 00:00 (hh:mm). For example, type 00:15 if you worked 15 minutes, or 02:30 if you worked two and half hours
- Add a note about your working task when necessary (optional)
- Mark a task as billable or non-billable
- Enter/ adjust the billing rate (optional)
- Click Log time/ Start tracking
If you click “START TRACKING”, time tracking will start, and the timer will turn blue so you can easily monitor the activity that is being tracked.
It is not possible to run two timers at the same time.
Once you’ve finished a task, click the “Stop” button in the upper right corner to stop the timer.
There is no need to create the timer again. You can just find and re-use the previous timer.
Select recent activity
The timer saves previous entries. It will first offer you the option to enter recent activities, so you don’t have to fill in all fields every time.
What you can do with the timer after you create it
Once you create a timer for a specific task for a certain day, you can always copy it (option Duplicate) for the current day. You can make changes to the data, add time, start the running timer, or delete a timer. You only need to hover over or click on any textual element in the timer, and it will show you all your options.
Still need more support? Get in contact with our support team via chat or email.