Hubstaff is a cloud-based time tracking and management software that streamlines the entire process of recording, tracking, and analyzing employees’ working hours.
It allows users to easily track their employee’s activities in real time, get reports on their productivity and manage them in an easy way.
Hubstaff pricing is flexible which makes it a great option for small businesses that need something affordable yet powerful enough to meet their needs.
It offers a variety of plans ranging from $5 per month to $13 per month depending on your business size and requirements.
Hubstaff Pricing – What do you get with each plan?
The Hubstaff pricing plans are designed to suit the needs of businesses of all sizes.
These prices include a 14-day free trial so you can test out all of the features before committing your money to a monthly subscription.
Hubstaff has three plans and prices vary depending on how many users you’re managing.
The more users and projects, the higher your price will be. If you want to see exactly how much each plan costs, keep reading.
Time Free Plan
Limited for one user only
- Time tracking: Employee hours tracker to tasks and projects, manual time entries or timer, clock in/out, attendance tracking
- Timesheets: Automated timesheets
- Employee management: Payroll, time offs and breaks, project budgeting
- Time reporting: Customize time reports by week, team member, project, or client.
- Employee monitoring: Employee monitoring software measures the frequency of a user’s mouse and keyboard strokes with activity levels.
- Invoice tracking: Automate invoicing with bill rates and auto-add line items. Send and track invoices that reflect your brand.
- GPS location tracking: Using geofences, crews can be logged in and out automatically. Automated time cards minimize admin work.
- Limited payments
- Limited reports
- Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, or iOS
Source: Hubstaff website
Time Starter Plan
$7 per user, per month (billed monthly) or $5.83 per user, per month if billed annually
- 1 integration
- 24 hour support
- Per user settings
- Management roles
- Modify time settings
- Edit other member’s time
Time Pro Plan
$10 per user, per month (billed monthly) or $8.33 per user, per month if billed annually
- Everything in Starter, plus:
- Unlimited teams
- Payments and payroll
- Unlimited integration
- Limited public API
- Time off & holidays
- Scheduling & attendance
- Client & project budgets
- Timesheet approvals
- Daily & weekly limits
- Expense tracking
- 24 hour support
Best for large teams that need high customization.
- VIP Support
- Public API
- HIPAA compliance
- SOC-2 Type II Compliance
- Single sign-on
- Customized options
Frequently asked questions
A. Can i use Hubstaff for free?
Yes, but limited for solo users. If you have at least one user in addition you need to pay $20 per month.
B. Can I cancel at any time?
Yes. There are two ways to cancel your Hubstaff subscription:
1. Via contact support
2. Archive the organization associated with your subscription.
C. Does Hubstaff offer a la carte pricing?
No, Hubstaff offers affordable pricing plans for different team sizes and needs, plus annual payment options
D. Is there a Hubstaff affiliate program?
Yes, Hubstaff offers an affiliate program. Affiliates earn 30% of revenue from referrals who sign up for a Hubstaff paid plan for one year. Joining the program is completely free.
E. Does Hubstaff offer a money-back guarantee?
Yes, a 60-day money-back guarantee, excluding our 14-day free trial.
E. What happens if I cancel my annual plan?
Depending on the circumstances you may be eligible for a limited refund.
F. What happens if I remove or add users during my annual plan?
If you add users in the middle of an annual plan, you will be charged the prorated fee per user from the time you added them until the end of the current billing period. When you remove a user, the unused time will show up as credits on your next bill.
The Best Hubstaff Alternative: Time Analytics
While Hubstaff has a free plan, it’s unlikely to be enough for most users.
The Basic package will get you three user accounts and 1 integration.
If you’re looking for a time tracking software that will help you to track your employees and have been considering Hubstaff but the price is too high, then Time Analytics might be a better alternative for you.
The cost of Time Analytics starts at $4.99/month for one user.
However, it does not offer as many features as Hubstaff does. For example; there is no activity monitoring or screenshots taken by employees.
Overall though, if you just want something simple to keep track of your working hours then this would be an excellent choice!
Time Analytics — Pricing Plans
$5.99 per user, per month (billed monthly) or $4.99 per user, per month if billed annually
- Time tracking on projects and clients: Use a time clock or create entries manually
- Daily and weekly timesheets: A great way to monitor how your employees spend their time during the day. Employee time can be tracked by task, project, and client
- Paid time off tracking: Create schedules and shifts so your team members can enjoy their time off. If you plan well, the remaining representatives won’t be overwhelmed
- Expense tracking (cost allocation for projects and clients)
- Utilization and overtime tracking
- Automatic cost allocation: The timesheet calculator automatically allocates all generated costs to projects and clients.
- Performance dashboard: Evaluate your ROI much more effectively with a unified reporting dashboard
- Data Import
- 24 hours e-mail support
$8.25 per user, per month (billed monthly) or $6.99 per user, per month if billed annually
(Everything in Starter Plan +)
- Invoicing (Time Billing): Control all tasks and services suitable for billing, and prepare a transparent appendix for the invoice
- Revenue and profit reporting: Receive accurate and easy-to-understand reports on your key metrics, and top performers
- Email reminders
- Customized onboarding
Time Tracking Features
Time tracking is the core feature Time Analytics offers.
There are two ways the employees can track their time.
The first one includes using a time clock.
A simple click of a button starts and stops the timer. the software then automatically creates a timesheet entry. As time is tracked within specific tasks and projects, it is automatically allocated to the right client, including costs.
The second method relies on manual timesheet entries. Again, the entries correlate to specific clients, and the expenses are allocated to them.
- Simple time tracking – start and stop tracking time with a click of a button or make simple entries
- Saving entries – use the old templates to create new entries instead of always creating them from scratch
- Two views – see all tasks broken down by day or week for easier navigation depending on their nature
- Task allocation – managers can create and assign tasks to specific team members
- Real-time view – always have an overview of everyone’s current tasks
Performance of Projects and Clients
No time tracking tool is complete without extensive reports on the state of the company.
Our platform gives you information on the success of different projects and client profitability.
The goal of these reports is to prevent any business from losing money on bad contracts.
In other words, you will be able to negotiate better conditions to let unprofitable clients go.
This way, you’ll be working on profitable projects exclusively.
- KPI reporting – understand all key performance indicators that make your business tick
- Client tracking – differentiate between profitable and unprofitable clients and make informed decisions
- Profit generation – understand how profit is made in individual projects or service lines
- Billability optimization – never miss a billable activity again. Your time and expertise need to be compensated for
- Billing – create extensive itemized appendices for each client to boost your reputation and avoid misunderstandings
Employee Performance Monitoring
All businesses need to keep track of their employees. otherwise, no one would be doing their job.
However, there is a thin line between understanding someone’s workload and micromanaging them.
Managers should strive to never cross that line, as doing so can create a negative attitude toward work.
That is why Time Analytics offers multiple features to prevent micromanagement.
- Track unrecorded hours – make sure all employees are working during all scheduled hours
- Track overtime – see which employees are working overtime to be able to find out why
- Evaluate productivity – compare billable hours among the staff to find the top performers
- Task structure – find out how you can improve the current workflow by understanding task difficulty and duration time
- Increase profitability – see whether the revenues are matching your predictions and work on optimization
Time Analytics relies on user-friendly timesheets.
These documents have been designed so anyone can fill them in a matter of minutes.
The timesheets can be adjusted to show only specific information, and there is an export option as well.
- Customize data – create templates with the most important data for your business and forget unnecessary fields
- Two views – choose a daily or weekly view depending on your business’s workflow and task frequency
- Timesheet editing – let the employees make manual changes to the timesheets when necessary
- Review – the managers can review and make last-minute changes to the timesheets
- Export – you have the option to export the timesheets as either Excel sheets or PDF files
Our platform allows you to create appendices for your invoices and increase transparency.
The data coming directly from the employees is used to calculate expenses.
On the other hand, the clients will receive an itemized list of tasks that went into their projects.
- An accurate appendix – add a list of all tasks and the employees involved in the project
- Automatic Billing – the software has the option of assigning billing rates to every employee for easier calculation
- Customize – filter and edit the invoice to offer the most important information
- Editing – make sure everything is in order and make changes when needed
- Exporting – export and print the appendix to send it to the client
Track Time Off
Time off impacts any organization’s scheduling.
That is why it’s crucial to know which members of your staff are available at any moment.
Time Analytics offers a simple system for time off scheduling.
- Availability – a single look will show the management who is available to come in on any day
- Diversity – there are eight different PTO options that cover all bases
Frequently asked questions
A. Will I be charged when my free trial period expires?
No. We do not require a credit card in the free trial period and there is no charge within the trial. In case you select one of the paid plans after the trial period you will be charged in line with the selected plan.
B. Can I use Time Analytics for free after the expiration of the trial?
Once your initial trial expires and you haven’t picked one of the plans, Time Analytics will extend your trial for an additional 14 days. If you want to continue using Time Analytics after the expiration of the trial or the extended trial you will need to purchase a plan you prefer.
C. How to calculate the license cost?
Calculating the monthly or yearly license cost is simple. Multiply the number of active (enabled) users in your organization by the price per user/month that is stated in the pricing plan.
D. How do you count users for the purpose of billing?
You only pay for the users (team members) marked as Enabled in your Team section. If someone leaves the company or you do not want to track their time simply mark them as Disabled. Once the user is disabled or deleted they are not accounted for in billing. The data associated with the deactivated or deleted user will be retained.
E. What is the difference between paying monthly or annually?
You are offered both monthly and annual licenses. You can select a payment period that is more suitable for you. If you select an annual license you will get a significant discount (two months are free), you will receive only one invoice, and you have to pay a whole year’s subscription. Monthly-based payment is without discount and requires invoice administration each month.
F. Do you offer discounts?
Time Analytics offers two types of pricing discounts
The first discount is quantity-based, that is, for large teams.
The discount is applicable for teams with over 50 employees. In case you have over 150 users, you have the right to an additional discount.
The second discount is related to paying the yearly instead of the monthly license. By paying the yearly license you get to use the platform for free for two months.