It is becoming increasingly difficult to track one’s time. No matter whether you’re a student, work long hours, or simply want to organize your life a bit more neatly, time tracking could fix at least some of your organizational problems. iPhone time tracking apps are a great way to always have your schedule in your pocket.
However, there is a huge variety of different time tracking apps for iPhone. Hence, we decided to find the best ones and show you their properties and features. This way you’ll be able to pick the perfect mobile app for yourself. We will be focusing on business benefits first and foremost.
1. Time Analytics
Time Analytics is a time tracking platform available for desktop, Android, and iOS. This iPhone time tracking solution relies on timesheets and is extremely easy to use. The platform allows users to track the time they spend working on different tasks in only a couple of clicks.
Are you more reliant on technology or do you like to do things your way? Don’t fret, because Time Analytics offers both! You can create a time entry manually and add it to your timesheet. On the other hand, there is the automatic version, where you create a time clock and start it. once you’ve finished a task you stop the timer, and the data is automatically transferred into the timesheet.
The time you log isn’t the only proof of your work. Each time entry is connected to a project and client. Simply put, you will be able to see which clients are bringing you the most profit, and which ones cost you money. Also, you will be able to assess the time and resources needed for tasks of similar scope in your future clients. This way your estimates will also be more accurate.
The designers of the app had ease of use as one of their top priorities. There is no way to mess up, and you (as a manager or higher-up) can also create a template with all the data you need for your chosen metrics.
The employees can also create favorites lists. These lists will pop up as soon as they open a field. Alternatively, employees will see the last entries they’ve made, so they can continue working on previous projects and tasks.
Time Analytics delivers a large number of metrics and reports. these reports are presented in graphic form, so they’re very easy to interpret and can point you in the direction of underlying problems that are otherwise difficult to identify.
Tracking time off is another important aspect of the app, as employees can request days off. This way you will never worry about being understaffed again.
- Time tracking and timesheets – don’t allow for a single minute of your work to be misplaced. Each employee is important, and their contributions should count
- Timesheets – have a DCAA compliant list of all tasks your team has completed. Use these documents to help your billing and invoicing processes.
- Reports – receive graphic and clear reports on all important aspects of your business and notice problems before they become a big burden.
- Cost allocation – employees can mark their hours as billable or non-billable. Time Analytics will allocate the costs to the right clients.
Time Analytics offers a free plan. When it comes to paid plans, the prices start at $4.99 per user per month. You can see whether you like the software during its 14-day free trial.
Harvest is an iPhone time tracking app available for iOS 13.0 and later. The app can be used by individuals, but its real value lies in managing a small business and team time. The application focuses on making the billing process simpler. This makes it a great option for businesses and freelancers alike. Youn can integrate Harvest with QuickBooks and Xero.
The platform features a completely integrated expense tracker, which can allow you to increase your saving. It will also help you identify and prevent unnecessary costs.
The time tracking process is simple, so no employee will be overwhelmed by the time tracking practice, even during the implementation process.
- Time tracking – an intuitive time tracking system that will allow your team to work in sync
- Reports – see how your budgeting predictions are holding up
- Integrations – use Xero and QuickBooks to streamline the invoicing process
Harvest’s pricing costs $12 per user per month. Both a free plan and a 30-day trial are available.
Hubstaff is one of the most popular iPhone time tracking apps. It is especially well-regarded among companies that have field and remote teams.
The interface is intuitive, and user experience is a high priority. This means any user can use the app with little to no learning curve. Hubstaff also comes in a desktop version, and the data synchronizes automatically. This means you can use the two versions interchangeably.
Reporting accuracy is one of the most important aspects of Hubstaff. The app contains a sharing option that allows users to add images to work orders to make sure everything is well-organized.
- Time tracking – let your bosses and clients know you are working when you say you are
- GPS tracking – a great option to prove field team members are exactly where they need to be
- Payroll – turn timesheet data into concrete numbers and pay your employees accurately
There is a free version of the app limited to one user. The paid plans start at $7 per user per month, and there is a 14-day free trial
Clockify is another solid iPhone time tracking application. The app also comes in a desktop version that synchronizes with the app seamlessly.
You can either toggle between different dedicated timers as you switch tasks, or make manual logs of your activity. There is an option of marking hours as either billable or non-billable. All logged time is entered into a timesheet, and you’ll be reminded to submit your timesheets when they’re due.
Clockify gives each employee their personal dashboard, where they can get an overview of their hours, projects, tasks, etc. The management also receives reports on all company-wide activity.
- Time tracking – whether you prefer automatic or manual, Clockify has your back
- Dashboards – understand exactly where your time goes during your workdays
- Scheduling – make your priorities clear, whether personal or team
There is a free version of the app, but additional features start at $4.99 per user per month.
Hours is an iPhone time tracking app that focuses on efficiency and timely project delivery. The app offers smart reminders connected to different due dates to make sure every task is prioritized well.
The app gives you a visual timeline of any project in your company, so you can track its progress and identify mistakes before they become too burdensome. An integrated calendar view helps even the most forgetful employees identify the days when they’ve skipped tracking.
Interestingly enough, Hours started as an iPhone app before it got developed into a desktop solution. This means the app is extremely well put-together and optimized for mobile users.
- Time tracking – create multiple timers and switch between them as you go about your day
- Invoicing – you can add your reports and even notes from different timers and deliver them along with the invoices
- Reminders – make sure never to skip tracking your time again
There is a free version of the app, but you can upgrade it to Hours Pro for $7.99 per month.
6. Worktime Tracker
Worktime Tracker is a convenient iPhone time tracking app that offers the same level of usefulness to freelancers and companies alike.
The time tracking aspect of the app relies on simple stopwatches that log working time in a few clicks. You can also make manual entries if you forget to start the timer or simply prefer that method.
The dashboard for each user shows the current weekly and monthly calendar. You can download detailed monthly reports on user activity as a PDF document as well. The app relies on cloud storage as well, so you can be sure your data won’t be lost even if you lose or change your device.
- Time tracking – create timers or manual time logs to indicate how you’ve spent your work time
- Monthly reports – receive an overview of your monthly activities
- Vacation reports – know when your employees won’t be present at the workplace
The basic version of the app is free. Paid plans start at $1 per user per month. A free 30-day trial will be available from 2023.
HoursTracker is an iPhone time tracking app mostly used by freelancers, as it can track time for one or multiple jobs. The app also tracks salaries. You can group your entries by different periods or by jobs, which means you’ll be able to calculate both your hours and salary no matter how you use the app.
The app can use an employee’s location to start tracking time while avoiding battery drainage.
You can add different tags to different jobs or task types. This is a great feature for the users who are working with a multitude of different entries and need a way to navigate and search through them.
The application allows a great amount of editing on the go while choosing whether to change the previous entries or not.
- Automatic clocking in – clock in and start tracking time simply by arriving in your office
- Time tracking – use customizable timers to determine the time spent on a project and your earnings
- Organization – use tags and filters to easily find specific pieces of information
The basic version of the app is free, but you can purchase different add-ons starting from $2.99 or tip the developers.
Timewerks is an iPhone time tracking and invoicing app. It is geared towards contractors, freelancers, and anyone else who needs to keep an eye on their time, and resources, and make sure their invoices are accurate.
The application comes in mobile and web versions. You can synchronize the data between the two with no issues. You can also use the web version of the app from any device by simply logging in. the web version also allows you to manage and create tasks, projects, and clients.
The application enables its users to create customized invoices and quotes which will account for the hours and resources invested in all projects.
- Time tracking – add timesheet logs for any job in a matter of a few clicks
- Billing and invoicing – create invoices that show all your hard work
- Multiple devices – use Timewerks from any device with no hiccups
The app offers a free version, while the paid options start at $4.99
Toggl is one of the more modern and attractively designed apps on our list. This iPhone time tracking app could present a challenge for older employees for that reason.
Reporting is a huge part of Toggl, as the app delivers both detailed reports and a bird’s eye view of the entire business. Project budgeting is closely connected to the reporting features, and the app allows users to stay on track at all times.
The application is available in web, desktop, and mobile versions. Hence, all employees will be able to track their time and activities from anywhere.
- Time tracking – track each app you use during the day and turn this data into time logs
- Reporting – receive a summary, weekly, or detailed reports with filters and export them
- Team management – schedule shifts and meetings so there are no schedule clashes
Toggl offers a free version for up to 5 users. However, the pricing for packages with additional options and features starts at $10 per user per month.
ATracker is another modern and sleek solution. This iPhone time tracking app prides itself on its elegant interface and ease of use.
The time tracking process relies on a single-click system, where you can simply click on a task and start tracking time spent on it. These time entries are turned into visual charts and graphs that indicate each employee’s activity.
You can create daily and weekly goals to make sure your work is on track. The look of the app is highly customizable as well, so each employee can make the app look exactly how they want it to.
- Time tracking – start and stop time clocks with a simple click of a button
- Reports – create pie and bar charts as well as goal progress visuals
- Customization – create the version of the app that suits you best
There is a free version of ATracker, even though it has limited functionality. If you want to make the most of all features, the pricing starts at $2.99 per user per month
Timelines is an Android and iPhone time tracking app that has the goal of helping its users make the most of their time.
The app features an interactive timeline that lets you track your time in a highly visual way. This way you have a clear presentation of when and how you are wasting time and find ways to improve. The app works on the principle of toggling between multiple automatic timers for more accuracy.
The app also gives its users a widget, which allows them to track time without even unlocking their phones.
- Time tracking – simply click a button to start tracking time for a new activity
- Reports – learn more about your procrastination habits and reduce time-wasting activity
- Widget – switch between tasks without unlocking your phone
Timelines is free.
TimeCamp is one of the most popular time tracking apps on the market. It relies on automatic time tracking and user monitoring. This means the app scans apps employees use during the day and groups them together. This way, you can be sure the tracking process is accurate.
Of course, this means a certain level of monitoring. Not all employees will be jumping for joy knowing their employers know their every move. We recommend limiting the monitoring to the least possible measure.
The app creates insightful reports that can show company profitability, budget, clients, etc. you will be able to observe every aspect of your business.
- Time tracking – know how your projects are going and how your employees utilize their time
- Monitoring – make sure everyone is being truthful in their logs
- Reports – understand the position of your business from all angles
The app offers a free plan. The paid versions start at $7 per user per month. A 14-day trial is available as well.
Timely is an iPhone time tracking app that aims to make the bulk of the process automatic so all employees and managers can dedicate their time to other activities.
Timely registers all apps and web pages an employee interacts with during their working hours and makes a note of them. We feel that this level of micromanagement is unnecessary, but that is why Timely makes all daily logs private.
The application relies on a drag and drop system as well to help you monitor your activity and task priority. It helps you classify tasks and keep every single billable minute accounted for automatically.
- Time tracking – track all tasks automatically and make sure billable hours are all counted
- Project tracking – see how far your projects have progressed and if you’re still on track
- Team tracking – make sure each team member can handle their workload
The pricing for Timely starts at $10 per user per month. There is a free trial available as well.
TimeTag is an iPhone time tracking application that works along with a user’s calendar. It makes sure no meetings or important calls are forgotten. All this data is used to create detailed reports.
The application allows you to choose different criteria you want to track and turns employee time into tangible data you can use to further improve your business.
TimeTag isn’t limited to iPhones and can be used on any device that supports Google calendar. This means you can add entries to your favorite calendar app and they will automatically transfer to TimeTag as well.
- Time tracking – know how your workforce is spending their days at the office
- Reports – receive detailed reports on the aspects of your business you choose
- Calendar integration – make sure to respect each due date, meeting, or scheduled call
TimeTag offers a free version for freelancers. The version for multiple users costs €5 per user per month.
15. Life Cycle
If you are interested in an app that will map your entire life and help you notice patterns of behavior and work, Life Cycle could be a great solution for you. The application is completely automatic and tracks your activities with no need to interact with it.
The minimalist design and almost no need for interaction make this solution perfect for people who want to change their habits but don’t know where to start.
The reports TimeTag gives are highly graphic pie charts. You can observe your daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly activities and find the causes of your stress and low productivity.
- Time tracking – the app automatically tracks all user activity
- Pattern recognition – you will be able to deduce which activities are the most problematic (i.e. not getting enough sleep)
- Reports – receive short- and long-term reports on your behavior patterns
The app is free, but there are in-app purchases for a better experience.
Time tracking is one of the crucial business habits, as well as a great way to recognize different patterns in your life overall. That’s why it’s no wonder there is a huge selection of iPhone time tracking apps on the market.
We have chosen the 15 best applications on the market, and hope you will find the perfect solution for you, whether you’re freelancing, managing a team, or simply want to improve your habits.
FREE 14-day trial – no credit card required