The face of law has changed with various law practice management software coming into play.
Gone are the days when everything was offline.
Digitization is here to stay, and it’s the same with law firms.
However, since there are so many legal firm software, let’s discuss law practice management software for free.
We’re going to cover every aspect, like reviews, and what makes that particular software so good, even if it is free.
What is CRM for law firms?
A CRM for a law firm is known as Legal Client Relationship Management Software.
It allows law firms to manage business development functions like client acquisition, time-tracking, billing, and reporting.
Legal CRM incorporates everything related to your clients, from getting them onboard to starting your new journey with them.
Do Law Firms Use Law Practice Management Software?
Yes, most law firms use practice software, especially after the digitization of various industries.
Around 78% law firms use a CRM system, and as a law firm, you should also use it as it gets a lot of things easier for a firm, including employee management, client acquisition, and more.
10. Tabs3 Software
One of the best free law firm software is Tabs3 by Profitsolv. It is one of the industry leaders in this niche and aims to provide law firms even more productivity and organization. The biggest benefit of Tabs3 is the amount of time it saves and its support staff, which is as professional as it can be.
While the software doesn’t fully offer a free version, a demo or free trial is available. You can then use the free trial software and test it out before buying the product. Now, let’s look at some of the features it offers.
- Tabs3 Billing: Customize statements and get insightful management reports. With the billing software, you can also accept credit card and ACH payments and get access to the platform on mobile with its platinum edition.
- Tabs3 Financials: With the financial tools, you can fully meet your accounting requirements, print financial statements, pay invoices, and do anything law firm management-related.
- PracticeMaster: PracticeMaster is an electronic case file organizer that can handle all your law firm documents including contacts, appointments, and fees, securely and efficiently.
ArkCase is easily one of the best free and open-source law firm software that you can find today. It was made back in 2002 with a focus on providing modern, scalable, and flexible software that is designed for more specific law firm requirements like incident management, complaint management, HR management, and more.
It is one of the most trusted law practice management software used by many governments and private officials. But let’s look at what are some of the features it provides.
- Information Management: Control things like business process management, case management, collaboration, tag management, task management, and more.
- Data Management: ArkCase allows you to manage your documents, do online editing, control rich media, and do record management in the most user-friendly way possible.
- Data Visualization and Reporting: The software gives you advanced insights with data analytics, personalized dashboards, and even standard reports.
G2 Rating: 5/5
Jarvis-Legal is a cloud-based law practice management software that is exclusively designed for lawyers, legal professionals, and consultants.
The main focus of this software is helping in scheduling emails, managing clients’ information, and handling their legal matters.
Jarvis also offers a free version known as Jarvis One, which is specifically designed for people who started their practice 2 years ago.
- Track Time & Billing: Jarvis Legal is a great software for lawyers to track time and automate billing. It saves you a lot of time and energy and makes it easier to bill accurately.
- Live Dashboards: Jarvis Analytics gives you reliable law firm data that you can use to make important decisions. It is a key to finding red flags before something bad hits your law firm.
- Document Management: You can secure your document management process and have a safe storage space for it.
G2 Rating: 4.9/5
Dibcase is based in Jacksonville, Florida, and it is one of the best free law firm software.
The service started in 2013, and it caters to the needs of Social Security advocates and attorneys. It comes with a freemium version and a free trial version of a premium one.
Dibcase can be deployed to SaaS, Web, Cloud, and Mobile using the React native technology. It is a great open-source law firm software that every firm can benefit from.
- Template Editor: Create letters, paste from other document software, and import custom PDFs with ease.
- Dynamic Fields: With dynamic fields, you can merge data from clients, matters, contacts, and custom fields according to your requirements.
- Personalization: Dibcase allows you to customize all aspects of its software, making law firm management open source.
G2 Rating: 5/5
CaseWizard is a legal case management and practice software that is built for modern law offices.
While it doesn’t have the best design, it has features that would make everything easier and effective for most law firms.
The software is known for making data and tracking accurate with no errors.
Moreover, it also produces easy-to-view timesheets that you can make decisions with.
There are other features, like document management, automation, and support, that would make any law firm practice ready.
- Better Data and Tracking: With the time-tracking tool, CaseWizard allows you to have everything set electronically and bill your clients an accurate amount.
- Time Review: After the tracking has been done, the software will give you a complete report created for your firm. This includes metrics like status, total hours, billable hours, and timekeeper.
- Prebills Editing: Generate prebills, then review them on each step to make sure they’re accurate.
G2 Rating: 1.5/5
The slogan of Bill4Time is to practice more and manage less. It is an affordable, efficient, and easy-to-use law practice management software. The software is being used by thousands of lawyers due to its versatility, and it helps centralize your practice with a customizable solution.
What we love about Bill4Time is its ability to support many integrations and enhance the software’s capabilities.
- Legal Practice Management: Intelligently manage your practice with the best-in-class tools designed specifically for your law firm.
- Time Tracking and Billing: Capture lost revenue by accurately tracking time, customizing, and generating invoices with terms, discounts, and fees.
- Integrations: Seamlessly integrate your firm’s existing payment options, document storage, calendars, and accounting software with Bill4Time.
G2 Rating: 4.3/5
Clio is another cloud-based law practice management software that helps you automate legal tasks and reduce unnecessary management and paperwork. The software is perfect for organizing cases efficiently and allows lawyers to collaborate with clients from anywhere worldwide.
It comes with many features, so let’s talk about them.
- Management: The software allows you to organize the case subject matter, letters, and any other document that needs extra attention. Everything is stored professionally in the software.
- Reporting: You can get an insight into your law firm’s finances, tasks, and appointments from a single and easy-to-view dashboard.
- Billing: With Clio, billing becomes easier and accurate as it supports multiple features. There are billing and tracking features all over the software, making it a very good tool for payments.
G2 Rating: 4.6/5
Freshsales is a powerful sales CRM that is an amazing solution for law practice management.
While it is not fully free, it comes with a free trial to leverage and grow your law firm. The main superpower of Freshales is its ability to intelligently dive into data and get powerful insights for your law firm.
Unlike most other software on our list, this is not law-firm-specific software, but it still does everything a law firm needs. With Freshsales, companies automate their work and get more work done in less time.
For a law firm, time is money; the less time you spend in management, the more work you can put in.
- Automation: Assign leads, send emails, add tasks, update fields, and do everything management-related within seconds.
- AI: Freshsales uses AI that helps you identify leads and potential customers to enhance your business further.
G2 Rating: 4.5/5
Canopy claims to be the number 1 law practice management software. But what makes it so special? Well, it changes the way your law firm works by a complete digitalization. For management, there was a time when an accountant needed a calculator, paper, pen, and many additional things to get the work done.
But today, Canopy gets all the work done in a fraction of the time, saving both money and time.
- Client Management: Canopy offers a centralized location for all of your clients. From communication to billing, everyone can collaborate equally and effectively.
- Document Management: Canopy aims to save you a lot of time and money by managing your documents for yourself. You can add all the documents to the software without going to other services and spending extra time.
- Time and Billing: Track time and billing, get paid faster, and effectively manage your law firm.
G2 Rating: 4.6/5
PracticePanther is the industry-leading law practice management software for free. You can automate your firm to a good degree and get more done in less time. What’s great about PracticePanther is that it offers solutions for all firm sizes, and that includes a free version, too.
So, let’s talk about some of the features that it offers.
- Law Firm Software: Contains all law firm management features, focusing on saving you time and energy.
- Document Management: Store and manage all your documents in one place with PracticePanther’s safe storage.
G2 Rating: 4.1/5
A good law practice management software can make a day and night difference. If you choose the right tool, you’ll forever be thankful to the company, and choosing the wrong one might cause you a lot of problems.
Hence, in this blog, we’ve covered a complete list of law practice software that is free. So, according to your demands, you can try each of them and see which one gets the job done perfectly.
Saad started his Content Writing journey in 2019 on Fiverr, where he catered to over 100 businesses in different niches like SaaS, Crypto, Meta, Gaming, Entertainment, and more.