LEAP law firm software is one of the best legal practice productivity solutions for law firms across the globe.
It comes with both hybrid installation with on-premise and cloud counterparts, making it a perfect solution to be integrated into both companies and remote law teams.
The mobility to the cloud is why LEAP is popular, but its features and benefits are way more advanced than some competitors.
This guide will cover everything you need about LEAP, its features, benefits, pricing, and more.
LEAP Law Firm Software Review
LEAP is a cloud and hybrid law-firm management tool that aims to increase productivity and yield big results for law firms. It is a popular name in the law industry, and it is a great tool for legal timekeeping while accurately recording billable hours for time.
When it comes to law firms, there are various problems.
For example, a firm might struggle with poor billing, the payment options might cause problems, and sometimes, our traditional methods mess up time tracking, which causes many issues for both clients and the firm.
To counter all those issues, LEAP has three main features:
- The ability to accurately bill clients.
- Make more money by saving time.
- Get advanced reports on the law firm’s performance.
You see, one of the biggest problems most companies have is the accuracy of client bills.
This is especially true because now the companies are going digital. So, the traditional methods of billing are becoming obsolete. With LEAP, you can send clients accurate billing and regular invoices since the software has many built-in timekeeping capabilities.
With a regular time-tracking tool, there’s a lot of manual input. But with LEAP, you won’t miss a billable minute, even if you’re on mobile, because it captures every second spent on every case.
So, whether your lawyers are in the office or working remotely, you can track the correct time without upsetting the employees or the client.
However, the strongest feature of LEAP is its reporting features.
Once you integrate LEAP into your workflow, law firms can get insight-rich reports to see how much time fee earners spend on matters and make data-backed decisions.
So, getting these reports could solve whatever roadblocks you might be having.
LEAP is a legal time-tracking software that aims to simplify law firm timekeeping and billing. We live in a world where working remotely has become essential. We never know when the next big natural disaster is out, so a tool like LEAP keeps us ahead of the bad times.
Time tracking tools have existed for ages, but LEAP simplifies it to a level where the learning curve is not too difficult. You can imagine an intuitive and user-friendly legal timesheet entry software allowing attorneys to record their daily work activities instantly.
The software has three basic modes, “Time, Save, and Close,” allowing you to track time spent on a task instantly.
But let’s uncover the features of LEAP and its benefits now:
LEAP has over 60,000 legal professionals with a comprehensive cloud-based legal practice management solution. The software caters to all areas of law, so whatever your focus as a law firm is, you’ll benefit heavily from it.
Here are some of the features LEAP provides when it comes to law practice management:
- Centralized solution: LEAP likes to call it “have one version of truth” because it has pre-built matters for all common areas of law in one centralized location. In other words, all your files and data are secured in one area. Whether it means retrieval, adding, or editing, all the attorneys and employees can see the progress of a document.
- Simplifying Case Management: LEAP simplifies case management by allowing organization, automation, and simple management. Like our last point, you can get documents on a computer and across all your devices, like tablets and mobile phones. In other words, there’s no risk of mismanagement.
- Easy invoice Generation: Billing automation is one of the main proponents of LEAP. It allows you to split firm billings in one solution to save your time and send legal billings to clients directly.
One of the key highlights of LEAP is being able to assemble documents and manage them. The software allows you to create, store, share, and collaborate on documents, correspondence, searches, and forms in one location.
Here are some of the features that the software provides:
- Easy Legal Drafting: The LEAP Clause Library makes legal drafting easy with all the clauses in one place. You can select the applicable clause and just click the “insert clause” button to add large documents like various agreements. This feature saves a lot of your time and effort.
- Correspondence Management: LEAP allows seamless Word and Outlook integration, which makes it easier for you to create documents, add important details, and format them in a user-friendly way. All the case-related details can be stored on the cloud with maximum security.
- Collaboration: Collaboration is important for lawyers. LawConnect for LEAP is a feature that provides secure collaboration solutions. You can store your documents with Amazon’s AWS, comment, reply, grant, or even revoke document access.
With LEAP, you can access a library of automated forms, matter types, and content specific to your jurisdictions and areas of law. The legal publishing aspect of LEAP saves you hours of time because you don’t have to start anything from scratch.
So, here are some of the features it provides:
- Easily Open Matters: With over 3,000 pre-built matter types and 12,000 up-to-date legal forms, you can get documents or forms from all common areas you know. It not only saves time, but it saves you a good amount of money, too.
- Reduce Redundant Data: One of the biggest challenges lawyers have is the inability to control duplicate data. Things can become confusing with so many files and a massive amount of data. However, with LEAP, you can save time and enter client information into the app.
LEAP offers exclusive integrations and apps to provide powerful features that a law firm needs. Here are some of the integrations you can use with LEAP:
- Microsoft 365
LEAP offers many ways to get support from:
- Contact Us Form
- Email Address
- Cell Phone Support
Custom Solutions/No Pricing Found
LEAP Pros and Cons
|Pros ✅||Pros ❌|
|Comprehensive and easy to use||Advanced settings have a learning curve|
|Plethora of lawyer-centric features||Some users reported glitches|
|Supports any device||Heavily reliant on MS Outlook|
LEAP Law Firm Software Reviews
Time Analytics: The Perfect LEAP Alternative
While LEAP is one of the best software for law firms, it has a fair share of issues. Even if it’s a great tool for most law firms, it still suffers from problems that might be a big issue for many firms.
For example, with advanced options, the learning curve is steep, the pricing is a lot, and it relies heavily on Outlook and Microsoft 365. There are glitches and some other errors, too, which can slow the work down and sometimes even cause a loss of progress.
Time Analytics is the perfect solution in that aspect. The software is straightforward, easy to use, and has features that suit law firms well. While it doesn’t have law firm-centric solutions, firms can benefit hugely from the tool.
So, let’s talk about some of its features:
With Time Analytics, tracking time has become easier and stress-free. The software supports a user-friendly and easy-to-use time tracker perfect for remote and hybrid work. You can get great insights and customize the software to see what suits you best.
Here are some time tracking features it offers:
- Track time with one click and get insightful reporting and analytics.
- Get a daily or weekly calendar view, plan all your tasks, and view total hours.
- Manage your team activities and set custom instructions.
Time Analytics allows you to save weekly hours and create powerful yet transparent invoices with time billing. You can create these invoices in minutes based on the already tracked time. Don’t worry. Everything will get tracked automatically.
Here are some of the features it offers:
- Create transparent invoices and presentations for your clients.
- Excel integration made it easier. You can do further data editing.
- Starter: $4.99 per user per month
- Optimum: $6.99 per user per month
- Email support: email@example.com
- Phone support: +381607033040
LEAP vs Time Analytics – Which One Is Better?
Both LEAP and Time Analytics have their strong and weak points. The biggest benefit that LEAP has over Time Analytics is that its solutions are tailored towards lawyers, which means a lot of law firms would easily be able to use the premade solutions to their liking.
However, being as awesome as LEAP is, Time Analytics offers far more simplicity and user-intuitiveness in most areas. Time Analytics is the ultimate time tracking and performance management solution.
At the end of the day, it comes to personal preference on which solution suits your business goals the most.
Time Analytics provides ultimate time-tracking and project management solutions for businesses of all sizes. In today’s fast-paced world, it’s not about spending more time, but it’s about saving more time and spending the time in the right direction.
Businesses need to understand the importance of tracking time and the power of advanced reporting. That’s where Time Analytics comes in.
It is a platform that provides real-time insights into where the hours are going. You can optimize your workflow, allocate time efficiently, and boost overall productivity across the board.