Time tracking has proven itself to be one of the most useful business practices. However, the growing amount of employees working remotely or telecommuting requires us to pay special attention to mobile time tracking.
The usefulness of mobile timesheet apps lies in employee accountability, simplifying the different leaves managing and scheduling, and making sure the payroll process goes without a problem. All this while your employees continue to work from home? Sounds like a good deal!
That is why we have brought you 15 of the best time tracking solutions on the market at the moment. Let’s check them out!
1. Time Analytics
Time Analytics is a time tracking app that relies on timesheets but also offers a plethora of other features. The platform has a fully functional mobile app, which makes it a great tool for remote and field teams.
The application is very well designed, with an intuitive interface – both desktop and mobile. The design is minimalist, with no distracting elements. In other words, the user experience is very intuitive and any employee can use the app without having to learn the ropes for a long time. Even the older generation of users who aren’t very computer savvy can accurately track their time.
There are two methods of time tracking through Time Analytics. The first one relies on automatic time tracking. Users simply create a timer, mark it, click a button and start working on their tasks. this method is great if you are looking for maximum accuracy. The timer data is then transferred into timesheets.
On the other hand, the employees can also manually enter their time logs into the timesheets themselves. They can create timesheet models that account for all necessary data and re-use them every day. This method of time tracking is usually used at the end of a workday.
You can set up an employee’s hourly billing rate in the system. This means more accurate invoices. You can even add the employees’ timesheets to the invoices themselves, and avoid any additional questions from your clients.
Finally, Time Analytics offers a wide variety of reports derived from the timesheets. Focus on the key performance indicators important to your business and receive accurate data based on your employees’ records. This way you’ll be able to identify problems earlier and solve them before they harm your organization.
- Timesheets – receive accurate and DCAA compliant documentation on each employee, task, project, and client
- Automatic timers – create dedicate accurate timers for each task
- Powerful reports – track both time and the important metrics that make your business tick
- Paid time off tracking – schedule and approve paid time off for all employees
- Billing and invoicing through an Excel integration – export the timesheets and add them to your invoices and payslips
- Simple and efficient interface – learn to use the app quickly and with no hiccups
- Starter – $4.99 per user per month
- Optimum – $6.99 per user per month
- Premium – $12.99 per user per month
Connecteam is another time tracking app that makes mobile time tracking a breeze. The platform can handle teams of all sizes and is user-friendly. It can be used to create clear and convenient schedules for all employees, as it features an easy drag-and-drop system. the app also provides a paid time off management option to make sure you’re never understaffed.
If you are leading a remote or field team, sometimes you will need to make sure everyone is working from their designated space. You can do so by using the real-time GPS feature.
The interface of the app is very simple. Clocking in and out takes just one click, and then your team can start working on their tasks.
- Time tracking – know which tasks are being completed
- Real-time GPS – make sure everyone is where they should be
- PTO management – manage paid time off requests and schedules
- Basic – $47 per month for up to 50 users
- Advanced – $95 per month for up to 50 users
- Expert – $191 per month for up to 50 users
- Enterprise – custom plan
3. Buddy punch
Buddy punch is a mobile time tracking app that prides itself on a user-friendly interface. The app is simple both in its time and attendance tracking.
The employees simply punch in and out through a single button. This means the time can be logged in mere seconds. Even if a mistake happens, the employees can request a correction. That is to say, this is one of the most beginner-friendly apps currently available.
Again, some businesses have to confirm their employees are at a specific place. Buddy punch allows this through multiple identification options – facial recognition and photos, as well as geofencing and GPS tracking.
- Time tracking – simply clock in or out of work from your phone
- Identification – make sure your employees are at the right spot
- Integrations – Buddy Punch offers integrations with multiple payroll systems
- Standard – $19 base fee + $3.49 per user per month
- Pro – $19 base fee + $4.49 per user per month
- Enterprise – custom plan
Jibble is one of the most secure mobile time tracking apps, as it focuses on making sure your employees are working.
Again, a GPS feature ensures all employees are at the worksite in real-time. You can also use a geofence to make sure no one leaves the parameters before the end of work hours. This way field team managers can focus on their more important tasks, knowing no one is slacking or leaving work early.
The app registers attendance in multiple ways. For example, an employee can take their coworkers’ device to the worksite and the system will recognize them both as present. That is why Jibble offers AI-powered facial recognition.
- Easy onboarding – employees will receive an email or a text message to join Jibble
- Timesheets – the system creates timesheets as a proof of work both for the employers and clients
- Reports – receive data and have it transformed into reports on the state of your business
- Premium – $2.50 per user per month
- Ultimate – $5 per user per month
- Enterprise – custom plan
5. When I work
When I work is a time tracking platform that enables desktop and mobile time tracking. Besides this function, the app has a great and clear scheduling system that will prevent any company from being understaffed.
The application is feature-rich and handles many problems modern managers face. For example, you can partially automate the onboarding process through the app, saving the management and HR personnel time and giving clear instructions.
Another great feature of When I Work is its communication channel. A simple and quick chat is a great way to communicate with employees. Especially so if you rely on the mobile version.
- Scheduling – create shifts that fit every employee’s schedule and have a clear overview
- Onboarding – help new team members settle in their new position
- Communication – chat with other team members and make sure everyone is on the same page
- Essentials – $4 per user per month
- Advanced – $6 per user per month
- Complete – $8 per user per month
Paymo is a great mobile time tracking app that focuses on small businesses. The interface is extremely user-friendly, but the features are still powerful and vast. The platform relies on an automatic clock that measures the time an employee spends on their tasks, but you can also add time entries manually.
The employees have a to-do list of tasks they should be working on. the order of tasks signifies their importance, so you can prioritize and create daily plans.
Collaboration is another area Paymo covers, as users can comment on others’ work, as well as share documents and files. This allows quick testing and proofing of every team member’s work.
- Time tracking – keep track of employee time and work automatically
- Communication and file sharing – a great feature for remote team collaboration
- Priorities – make sure all tasks are done in the right order and in due time.
- Starter – $5.95 per user per month
- Small office – $11.95 per user per month
- Business – $24.95 per user per month
Timely is an automatic mobile time tracking platform. One of its main goals is to allow businesses to make the most out of their time. That often means reducing the time needed to track time. That is why the tracking process is very simple and completely automatized.
The application will monitor the web pages and applications the employees are using and visiting during their work hours. that means the employers will be notified about potential time theft.
Of course, most users don’t maliciously spend time on social media and other distractions. Moreover, many of them struggle to find the time they need for their regular work. Hence, they will also be able to learn how to improve their work habits.
- Time tracking – an automatic timer tracks the time users spend on different tasks and projects
- Monitoring – know which users are using their time to work or slacking off
- Project tracking – see how far along your projects have come and if you’re on track
- Starter – $10 per user per month
- Premium – $18 per user per month
- Unlimited – $26 per user per month
- Unlimited+ – custom plan
Toggl is one of the most well-designed mobile time tracking platforms. The interface is modern and youthful, so this time tracking app can be a great solution for younger teams. The app has a desktop and mobile version that synchronize effortlessly. The mobile version is available for Android and iOS devices.
As many similar apps have understood, the possibility to choose the way you track time is very important, that is why Toggl enables its users to track time by starting a timer or logging their tasks manually.
The application remembers commonly used task names, so new entries can be created through a single click.
- Time tracking – choose whether to log your time automatically or manually
- Reports – receive highly visual reports that show exactly what you need to change
- Calendar integration – integrate the app with your preferred calendar app
- Starter – $10 per user per month
- Premium – $20 per user per month
- Enterprise – custom plan
actiTIME is a time tracking platform that relies on simplicity and clean design. It is a timesheet-based solution designed to be as user-friendly as possible.
the app delivers accurate and detailed productivity reports to the management. This allows the managers and higher-ups a thorough insight into employee productivity, profits, and expenses. This means you’ll be able to identify activities and clients that cost your organization money, rather than bringing it. Then you’ll be able to take corrective measures and avoid these situations in the future.
Resource management and project tracking are crucial elements of the platform. You will be able to track the progress of each job and notice resource-wasting aspects of your business.
- Timesheets – get DCAA compliant reports on employee activity during work hours
- Resource management – see where your resources are going and whether you’re being economical with them
- Billing and invoicing – add timesheets to your invoices to make them transparent
- actiTIME online – $7 per user per month
- actiTIME self-hosted – $120 per user (one-time payment)
10. Justworks Hours
Justworks Hours is a time tracking platform that offers mobile time tracking. It offers easy ways to measure and manage employee time, including automated alerts and geo-fencing. The app gives managers a detailed overview of the time employees spend working, as well as time off and overtime.
There are numerous reminders within the app. Your employees will be encouraged to take their breaks, and avoid overtime when possible. The management can use seamless integrations with payroll software and get rid of all inaccuracies.
Reviews are also an integral part of the app. You can verify timesheets to make sure they are accurate. This way you’ll be sure you’re paying each employee the pay they’ve deserved through their work.
- Time tracking – use timesheets to help you track time accurately
- Reminders – promote a healthier relationship with work through break reminders
- Integrations – integrate the app with payroll programs and other business tools
- Standard – $20 base fee + $5 per user per month
- Business – $45 base fee + $9 per user per month
HoursTracker is an Android and iOS mobile time tracking app. The solution was made first and foremost with freelancers in mind. That is why its focus is on tracking earnings and time spent on multiple jobs. Of course, it can also be used by companies.
There are two ways to measure your time through the app. Firstly, you can automatically clock in and out with a simple click of a button. Secondly, you can create time entries manually. The employee or freelancer can enter their hourly rate into the program. Then, HoursTracker will give a salary estimate (considering overtime as well).
- Time tracking – automatic or manual time tracking options
- Tags and filters – mark different tasks and add filters for easier finding later
- Geolocation – make sure your employees are in the right place
- Free with different paid add-ons
- Personal edition – $5.99
- Pro edition – $9.99
- Cloud subscription – $25.99
Sling is a mobile time tracking app that focuses on scheduling and communication with your employees. you will be able to manage schedules and time off, while the employees can ask for shift trades, all through one platform.
The communication channel is an integral part of Sling, as it allows users to proof, and ask for help or directions, no matter where they are. That is why this solution is one of the best for remote teams. You can nourish company culture no matter where everyone is.
Payroll processing can be simplified, as you can export timesheets and pay every team member according to their hours worked
- Time tracking – know how long each project and task takes
- Communication – organize projects on the go and exchange feedback
- GPS geofencing – make sure each employee is in the place they say they’re working from
- Premium – $2 per user per month
- Business – $4 per user per month
Replicon is a desktop and mobile time tracking solution powered by an AI system. It is timesheet-based and delivers DCAA-compliant documents with minimum hassle. It is a great solution for international remote teams as it unifies all employees, no matter their time zones.
Replicon offers a real-time task tracker. This way the management will stay informed about the team’s progress. This way you’ll be able to observe the progress of all projects and make sure you’re staying on track.
There is a geofencing and GPS aspect of the app as well if you want to make sure everyone is in their workplace, whether in the office or at home.
- Timesheets – track time in a realistic and accurate way
- Cost estimates – know how much you should be spending on any project and compare it with your costs
- Billing and invoices – create accurate payroll slips and bills for your employees and clients
- Quick Start – $60 per month for up to 5 users + $10 per additional user
- Plus – $22 per user per month
- ProjectTime – $18 per user per month
- ProjectTime Plus – $22 per user per month
- Enterprise time tracking – custom plan
This time tracking platform commits to its mobile app. This means you can synchronize your desktop and mobile apps, or use either one without the other. In other words, there are no limits in functionality between the two versions.
Business transparency is one of the biggest advantages of using TimeCamp. Project budgeting is one of its core features, as well as workflows. The system keeps you notified on the most important projects, and the employees have their priorities set up for them. They will be able to focus and finish the most important tasks first.
The mobile app offers automatic time tracking and manual entries. Time entries can be reviewed and revised easily as the interface is very user-friendly.
- Time tracking – choose whether to track time automatically or make logs manually
- Budgeting – make sure your projects are staying on budget
- Reports – graphic and accurate reports on the time your employees spend working
- Basic – $7 per user per month
- Pro – $10 per user per month
- Enterprise – custom plan
Harvest is one of the most popular time tracking platforms at the moment. It has a desktop solution as well as a mobile app that both offer the same options. In other words, mobile users won’t miss any of the conveniences of the desktop app.
The added conveniences of the mobile app include receipt storage. This way you’ll be able to keep track of your budget, as well as make sure you’re not spending too much.
The platform allows its users to mark their hours as billable or non-billable. This way the payroll calculation process is much easier and more accurate. Additionally, it can be used as proof of work when it comes to payroll and billing, and invoicing.
- Time tracking – track the time your team spends on each project and task
- Reporting – receive important reports on your company’s progress
- Budget monitoring – save receipts and see whether the estimated expenses are accurate
- Pro – $12 per user per month
Many companies can’t imagine working without some kind of time tracking solution. However, desktop versions simply aren’t enough anymore. The need for mobile apps is on the rise, and more and more people are looking for a mobile solution as well.
We have brought you 15 different options that offer desktop and mobile time tracking. Hopefully, you’ll find the best app to track billable hours that will perfectly fit your organization.
FREE 14-day trial – no credit card required