Time tracking is becoming one of the most valuable business practices in 2021 and 2022. That is why we decided to bring you a list of the best employee time management and productivity apps currently available.
Why is a time tracking important?
Many companies have faced the problems and benefits a remote workforce can bring. Clearly, there needed to be a way to know what happens in your company when your employees are at their homes. However, the benefits of having a clear overview of the general state of your workplace proved to be useful even after many employees returned to their offices.
The insights into the way your business works are crucial if you want to make lasting improvements. There are many different ways to go about tracking time, but some general rules apply everywhere and are considered positive time tracking practices. Of course, to fulfill them, you need the software that will fit your needs. So, without further ado, here are the best time management and productivity apps you can get in 2022.
1. Time Analytics
Time Analytics is a simple time tracking software solution that enables users to make the most out of time tracking. Daily timesheets are simple to fill as the forms are extremely straightforward and intuitively designed. This ensures that all employees can fill them quickly and without disrupting their day.
The data employers can obtain by using this platform is comprehensive even though the information is entered in a simple way. In other words, the platform optimizes the way it tracks time by intelligently using the data rather than asking for unnecessary details.
Time Analytics doesn’t focus on micromanagement, screenshots, or keystroke tracking. These time tracking methods are famously unpopular among employees, as they reflect doubt in the employees’ honesty. Instead, it is a timesheet-based system that shows each worker a level of trust and enables employers to gain more accurate data.
Time tracking is even more useful in everyday business if it offers an insight into other business elements besides employee activity. You can use this software to track every project and client as well, simplify invoices and payroll management, as well as point to the ways you can negotiate better contracts in the future.
- Timesheets – employees only need to fill in necessary fields to give you all the data you need to keep track of your business
- Project management – gain an insight into your expenses and profit margins and learn how to optimize your practices
- Intuitive design – clean and intuitive, the interface is accessible to any employee, no matter their computer skills or willingness to learn
- Client management – easily differentiate between profitable and unprofitable clients and jobs to prevent unfavorable projects in the future
- Real-time reporting – visualize the current state of all aspects of your company processes
Free plan – for teams of up to five people
Starter – $4.99 per user per month
Optimum – $6.99 per user per month
Premium – $12.99 per user per month
TimeIQ has been proving its usefulness for a while now. The platform is a simple time tracker that aims to make all employee time – productive, unproductive, and off – transparent. It ensures regular time tracking by all workers in the organization with email reminders.
This software also helps users track projects, whether by time or resources invested. Finally, it makes payroll and billing easy as it shows all billable and non-billable hours.
- Time tracking – make entries about hours worked and get reminders if you need to
- Project tracking – know about the entire team’s progress on any task
- Notes – add comments and clarifications for more accuracy and avoid forgetting details
- Administrative guidelines – know who isn’t filling their timesheets in time
- Locking timesheets – Prevent users from making changes after a certain time
$5 per person per month
LogMyHours is a time tracking software solution based on timesheets. Creating a timesheet is made very simple, and there is the option of using a timer. The app allows you to create invoices and send them directly to your clients.
Expense tracking and budgeting are other perks of using this application. Finally, it allows you to observe your progress through different reports.
- Time clock – create daily or weekly timesheets with either manual or automatic time entries
- Reports – receive basic or detailed reports based on your needs at the moment
- Timesheet approval – check whether everyone is being honest with their reports
- Team tracking – see which team is working on which project and how long they take
- Budgeting – set client and project budgets by weeks and months
Solo – free
Pro – $8 per user per month
Business – $12 per user per month
Clockify is a popular time tracker based on timesheets. It tracks attendance as well as billable and unbillable hours and offers many different time management options. You’ll be able to choose the way you practice and utilize timekeeping, whether through automatic tracking, timesheets, or calendars.
The platform offers many reporting options, as well as exporting them in different formats. There are also many project managing options.
- Time tracking – whether it’s automatic or manual, keeping track of time is accurate
- Reports – stay in the loop with your business through multiple reports
- Timesheets – make sure to get all the data you need with automated timesheets
- Invoices – the platform creates and issues invoices for you
- Workflow management – know where you’re at with all projects
ClockShark is a great tool for construction companies, as well as other businesses with field teams. It offers an easy clock-in and clock-out system with geo-fencing. Individual jobs are tracked and their progress is clearly marked.
You can communicate with your employees through the app as well. Finally, quotes, payments, and invoices are all made easy with the app.
- Time tracking – track time through a simple clock-in feature anyone can use
- Geo-fencing – know exactly where your employees are when they use the app
- Scheduling – create a preview of employees’ tasks for the day
- Communication – you can talk to your team members anytime through the app
- Job tracking – know which jobs are going to be done in time and which teams need backup
Basic – $15 per month + $3 per month per user
Standard – $25 per month + $6 per user per month
Pro – $45 per month + $8 per user per month
Expert – $90 per month + $12 per user per month
Jibble is a time tracking software solution that relies on a time clock. It offers different clocking-in options, including an app and a kiosk, where all employees can clock in through a single device. This, in turn, makes buddy-punching impossible, as the system uses facial recognition.
The platform also offers a dashboard with real-time data on projects, overtime, and different activities. These insights also include scheduling and breaks.
- Time tracking – employees can clock in easily via phone app or kiosk
- Facial recognition – prevent slackers and buddy-punching
- Payroll – pay your employees with all work accounted for
- Reports – track and manage employees easily and in real-time
- Alerts – get notified about all important activity
Premium – $2.5 per user per month
Ultimate – $5 per user per month
TimeTrex is a time tracking platform available to small and large businesses alike. The method for time tracking relies on clocking in in real-time, and GPS location and geo-fencing options are available as well.
HR management is an important feature available through the platform. You can also schedule shifts and manage planned leave.
- Time and attendance – track who is clocking in and from where to stay informed
- Payroll – accurate payroll calculation with taxes and benefits accounted for
- HR management – have all employee information you need in one base
- Scheduling – create and manage shifts quickly and efficiently
You can find out all about TimeTrex plans through their sales representatives
No information is available, but you can book a free demo
MyHours is a time tracking software solution geared toward small companies and freelancers. It offers project and task coordination as well as a timer. The platform pays great attention to its aesthetic and functionality.
You can manage projects through a simple system and forget about losing track of emails. Entries can be as complex or simple as you need them to be.
- Timer – track your time automatically with a single click
- Project management – easily set up tasks and see them to fruition
- Expense tracking – know exactly how much your projects cost
- Reporting – get clear and highly visual reports on different time analytic elements
- Billing – flexible hourly rate will enable you to stay accurate with your invoices
Pro – $6 per user per month
Jetpack Workflow is a time tracking platform that relies on readymade templates to give its users the highest level of accuracy. It allows users to see all company-related activity in one place. Repetitive tasks can be automated, which saves valuable time.
Planning is also made simple, whether your personal, or your team’s tasks are at stake. Jetpack Overflow aims to keep track of current and future events.
- Pre-made templates – find a template that fits your client and automate reports
- Time tracking – never lose track of time spent on any project
- Project management – get a comprehensive overview of all current tasks and assign them
- Reports – monitor different elements of your business and keep track of your progress
- Deadline automation – make the repetition of tasks automatic and save time
Organize – $45 per user per month
Scale – $50 per user per month
Rescue Time doubles as distraction blocking and time tracking software. It provides a detailed overview of all activity coming from an employee’s device. Offline time tracking is also included in the offer.
The platform’s distraction blocking feature enables users to use their time with maximum productivity. This is a great solution for time-blocking enthusiasts.
- Tracking time – an automatic timer will track all time users spend at their work computers
- Activity tracking – Rescue Time logs all apps, sites, and even documents you interact with
- Billable time management – adjust your rates and invoices according to billable time
- Reports – get reports on all activity and your company’s progress
- Distraction blocking – block sites and apps for a limited time for maximum focus
Lite – free
Premium – $9 per user per month
Wrike is a time management software solution that focuses on making collaborating within remote teams easy. This platform prides itself on its versatility and flexibility. It offers many integrations with established solutions.
Many companies choose to widen their talent pools, even to a global level, and Wrike eases the communication of such teams.
- All-in-one dashboard – have a complete overview of your day from the get-go
- Design your workspace – prepare dashboards, calendars, and organize information
- Transparency – all necessary information is available to all team members
- Reports – Track your company’s progress through visual reports
- Project management – see what your employees are up to and prevent burnout
Professional – $9.8 per user per month
Business – $24.8 per user per month
Enterprise – you can receive payment information by contacting the Wrike team
TimeSolv is a time management software solution geared toward the legal industry. This platform takes all needs of legal firms into account and caters to them. It has an option for time tracking offline as well.
The software is cloud-based and provides users with different billing options. It is possible to integrate it with most project management platforms.
- Time tracking – track time accurately, online and offline, and never lose a cent again
- Invoicing – never lose billable time on creating invoices again
- Project management – budget your projects and see how they’re moving forward
- Integrations – don’t lose the advantages of your favorite legal software
- Diversity – TimeSolv is a good solution for freelancers, lawyers, accountants, and firms
Legal – $39.95 per user per month
Pro – $24.95 per user per month
Noko is a time tracking web app with the goal of improving your business’s overall wellbeing. It gathers data by tracking time and points out improvement possibilities. It also keeps track of employee fatigue and under-utilization.
The software aims to make the task of tracking time as little a hassle as it can. It prides itself on its flexibility and ease of use.
Solo plan – $19 per month
Team – $49 per month + $10 per month per user
Organization – $199 per month + $8 per user per month
Enterprise – starts at $499 per month
Modern and well-designed, StreamTime is a time tracking software solution with a youthful approach. High customizability and attractive interface are the reflections of that. However, the platform still enables users to get all the information they need to manage their business seriously.
The platform offers to-do lists that aim to increase the feeling of productivity. It aims to bring all its features to a level above its competitors.
- Project management – from planning to completion, don’t miss a single milestone
- Quotes and invoices – manage all invoicing with multiple currencies supported
- Tracking time – Rather than using a timesheet, StreamTime relies on To-do lists
- Scheduling – a visual representation of current and future tasks
- Collaboration – Update team members on milestones and changes and write posts
Fixed price – customize your plan
Pay As You Go – $40 per user per month
Hubstaff is one of the most famous time trackers out there. The platform is dedicated to increasing all-around company productivity and provides its users with a toolkit to do so. It is geared both toward the field and in-office teams.
Hubstaff offers time and productivity tracking, field service as well as general company management features.
- Time tracking – start the timer with a simple click and attribute the time to a task
- Productivity monitoring – use tools to have every minute accounted for accurately
- Workflow management – automate repetitive tasks and focus on the important things
- Payroll – calculate the payments and send them automatically
- Geofencing – see exactly where your employees are and what they’re doing
Desk Free – for a single user
Desk Starter – $7 per user per month
Desk Pro – $10 per user per month
Enterprise – $20 per user per month
TopTracker is a time tracker that provides employers with screenshots. It offers a web and desktop app that also processes invoices. The app aims to be unobtrusive and run quietly in the background while still always being ready to work.
The platform gives users an overview of all projects in a single dashboard for maximum clarity. Additionally, it delivers productivity reports so you’ll be able to improve.
- Activity tracking – know what your employees are doing and engaging with
- Privacy – freelancers can relax and use the platform without worrying about their security
- Invoicing and payments – calculate your profits easily and send accurate invoices
- Project overview – manage all projects through a highly visual board
- Reports – stay on top of all projects, expenses, clients, and profits
TMetric is a time tracking app with the goal of pushing any business forward, no matter the company’s industry or needs. It reduces the time needed for administrative work since it takes over the menial repetitive tasks.
Besides tracking time automatically, the platform also allows manual entries and bulk editing. Additionally, it is a project management tool.
- Time tracking – automatic tracker with the possibility of manual edits
- Idle detection – get notified when your employees aren’t active on their computers
- Reports – receive clear and concise reports on all activity and overall state of the company
- Project management – organize projects, clients, and tasks and stay on top of things
- Budgeting – estimate funds and the time your team will need for projects
Professional – $5 per user per month
Business – $7 per user per month
Replicon is a time management solution that aims to allow all users to learn which of their practices need improvement. It provides an insight into budgeting, as well as a potential talent pool. It is available through the browser and a mobile app.
The software calculates payroll according to the data it receives for maximum accuracy. Users get real-time reports and know exactly how they’re doing.
- Time management – organize your employees’ day according to real-time data
- Client tracking – see which clients are profitable and which contracts need negotiation
- Project management – know how your jobs are progressing and how long they’ll take
- Expense tracking – understand the resources you’re investing into your company
- Billing – create accurate invoices that account for every minute spent on a project
Quick Start – $60 per month for up to 5 users + $10 per additional user
Plus – $22 per user per month
ProjectTime – $18 per user per month
ProjectTime Plus – $22 per user per month
Enterprise time tracking – custom plan
There are additional fees for individual features
Accelo is a platform designed with the intention to help any business that deals with client work. The software aims to make all activities transparent through visual means. This transparency allows users to detect problematic business practices and change them.
The platform automates recurring tasks, which leaves employees with more time for productive work. It also offers numerous integrations.
- Workflow management – stay informed about all aspects of your projects in real-time
- Time tracking – let every minute be accounted for and transparent
- Client portal – improve the relationship with your clients and let them know you care
- Scheduling – know who is working and when at any point in time
- Resources – assess how much time and money each job will take
Projects, Sales, Retainers, Service – $39 per user per month
All-in-one ServOps – $79 per user per month
GoodDay is a time tracking software solution that takes the principle of transparency very seriously. Their main idea is that knowing everything that’s happening in an organization leads to higher accountability and a more equal workload organization.
The platform records the activity during work hours and minimizes the time manual reporting would take. The recorded activity offers a deep insight into company performance.
- Time tracking – manual entries and a task-specific automatic timer are available
- Calendar – a clear overview of all activity in all teams
- Project tracking – track the progress of all tasks and projects for more accuracy
- Workflow management – customizable workflows that adjust to your actual day
- Data management – relocate and filter data you gather to fit your needs
Free version – for up to 15 users
Professional – $4 per user per month
Enterprise – Contact the GoodDay team to find out more about the pricing
Virtual TImeClock is a simple time tracking tool that allows users to clock in and out. Interestingly, the software doesn’t use the monthly subscription model but is purchased one time. It was created to be as simple to use as possible.
The tool makes calculating payroll accurately quick and hassle-free. It also automatically tallies up the hours worked and reduces the time needed for administration.
- Time tracking – a simple punch-in system you can use from a mobile phone or computer
- Billable hours – the accuracy of time tracking prevents losing a single minute
- Payroll – calculate what your employees made with all factors accounted for
- Scalability – you can change the plan quickly and easily once your needs change
- Attendance management – stay informed about holidays, vacations, and other leaves of absence
Basic – $99
Pro – $195
Network – $295 for one computer
Elapseit is a time management platform with the goal of seeing your project through from conception to the end. The software aims to streamline tracking time, projects, and clients. The transparency this model brings can also help you manage expenses.
This platform also offers a time management feature with set deadlines. This way you can make sure you’re never behind on your progress.
Timely is a time tracking system that aims to automate the process so the employees can dedicate more time to their tasks. The creators of the platform understand the importance of privacy, so each user gets their personal work timeline.
Automatic timesheet drafting is one of the program’s most time-saving features. Additionally, the designers invested a lot of effort in making the software user-friendly.
- Time tracking – automatic time tracking feature that allows users to focus on other things
- Timesheet drafting – add only the necessary changes and details to your reports
- Billing – create invoices with precision and accuracy to account for every task
- Privacy – team members can decide which information is public
- Project management – different options like calendars, tags, and dashboards
Starter – $10 per user per month
Premium – $18 per user per month
Unlimited – $26 per user per month
Unlimited+ – customize your plan and its pricing
Teamdeck relies on an automatic time tracker to bring you accurate insights. It doesn’t only track active time but shows employee leaves and availability. All data is then transformed into reports that indicate productivity and areas where improvement is possible.
Resource planning and scheduling are some of the most important features of the software. Finally, the platform can adjust to your company’s industry-specific needs.
- Time tracking – measure billable time accurately and automatically
- Project tracking – see the difference between the projected and actual costs and estimated time
- Industry-specific features – different options for creative agencies, IT companies, etc
- Availability management – know when your employees are going to be off
- Reports – receive insightful reports and plan your future steps accordingly
$3.99 per team member per month
HourStack is a time management tool that helps users make the most of their time planning. Scheduling is one of the platform’s most important aspects. The final result of tracking – reports – are used to further develop your strategy and plan for the future.
The software also aims to fix the common mistakes that occur within similar platforms. Simplicity is one of its main goals, both for the employees and the employers.
- Time tracking – timers are available with every entry and can be manually edited
- Reports – know how much time each task takes and plan accordingly
- Integration – integrate the time tracker with the tools you already use
- Management – organize all activity by projects, clients, labels, etc
- Workspace organization – create separate boards for different clients and teams
Personal – $9 per month
Team – $12 per user per month
26. Active Colab — All-In-One Simple time and Billing Software
If you are looking for project management software that gives you complete control over your work, ActiveColab is the perfect solution. With this useful tool, you’ll always know where to start and what your team needs to do next.
The tool will free you from distractions thanks to the right set of features that helps you organize your work.
For teams of all backgrounds – from large teams in international corporations to small startups.
- Time and expense tracking— easily track the time required to complete tasks
- Advanced task management — recurring tasks, task dependencies
- Multiple task views— timeline view, list view, kanban view
- Workload management
- Ease-of-use — the intuitive user interface
- Invoicing— create invoices in under a minute
- annual billing— starts at $6.25 per month,
- monthly billing— starts at $7 per month
27. Allhours – User-Friendly Time Tracking Software For Billing
Allhours is a cloud-based time and attendance system that simplifies the payroll process increases productivity minimizes risk and lowers labor costs. Allhours has different modes of clocking in and out that is very convenient.
For small, medium, and large businesses.
- Mobile app— app is intuitive and reminds your employees to clock in and out when they are coming to or leaving work.
- Flexible payroll rules— tracking work hours, vacations, lunch breaks, business trips, etc.
- Absence management— calendar view for easy and quick planning
- Analytics and reports
- Real-time presence— notice late arrivals and early departures
The price depends on the number of employees.
14-day free trial
28. FreshBooks – Insightful Time Tracker and Billing Tool
FreshBooks has a longstanding tradition of providing outstanding services and building product that helps save you time.
This tool is an excellent time and billing software for owners who need to focus on the big picture – business, team, and clients. It allows sending invoices, tracking time, and capturing expenses in minutes.
For self-employed professionals, business with employees, businesses with contractors and freelancers
- Professional looking invoices— with invoice generator it’s simple to create and customize your powerful invoice,
- Insightful time tracking—billable hours tracking, recording time against a specific client, weekly and monthly views of tracked time, automatically bill for tracked hours
- Web-based centralized place for file storage
- Fast converting custom assessment estimates into ready-to-pay invoices
- Insightful dashboards and reports
- Mobile app
- Integration with over 100 great apps
Yearly: $50 /month
Monthly: $ 6.00 /month
Yearly: $50 /month
Monthly: $ 10 /month
Yearly: $00 /month
Monthly: $ 20.00 /month
29. BigTime — Effective Billable Time Software
BigTime will simplify your most complex problem while giving the entire team the tools they need to deliver billable work on time and budget. It will help you to better manage your firm with billable hours tracking expenses, billing, invoicing, and more.
For professional services firms, especially accountants, engineers, architects, IT-service firms, and consultants.
- Time tracking— entering time is easy thanks to the timesheet that contains the fields you need
- Custom billing and invoicing made simple —quickly sending custom invoices; managing bill rates in one place with the flexibility to replace them as needed.
- Managing cash flow with flexible billing formats that support incremental invoicing
- An overview of the status of every project in real-time on a single dashboard.
- Advanced reports, analytics, and dashboards
- Integration with QuickBooks and other tools
- Express $10 per month
- Pro $30 per month
- Premier $40 per month
30. Bill4Time—Affordable and Efficient Billable Time Software
Bill4Time is the leading time and billing software with proven features and functionality.
Bill4Time helps you with customizing and generating invoices and detailed billing with terms, discounts, and fees. Flexible, affordable, and easy-to-use online invoicing makes billing fast and painless.
For professionals that need a complete legal time billing/expense and document solution.
- Flexible online and offline time tracking with one-click timers
- Easy time entry
- Fully customizable invoices
- Mobile snapshot- the ability to take photos of your account directly from Bill4Time mobile apps and sync with your account
- Software support and integrations
- Time & Billing
Yearly: $27per user / month
Monthly: $ 29 per user / month
- Legal Pro
Yearly: $45 per user / month
Monthly: $ 49 per user / month
- Legal Enterprise
Yearly: $80 per user / month
Monthly: $ 89 per user / month
31. DeskTime—Automatic Time Tracking and Billing Software
DeskTime is real-time tracking software for billing that helps businesses of various sizes maximize team productivity and project management.
With features like project tracking, scheduling, and optional screenshots, DeskTime is bound to have the ability to help your employees become more productive!
Additional features include cost calculation reports and detailed project billing for customers.
For all businesses and freelancers.
- Automatic time tracking—no manual data entries; DeskTime automatically tracks and calculates productivity
- URL and app tracking—see what program, applications, and websites your employees use
- Document title tracking— recording titles of documents and time spent on each of them
- Auto screenshots—a screenshot is taken every 5, 10, 15, or 30 minutes
- Offline time tracking
- Cost calculation and project billing—know how much each project costs the company and how much you need to charge your customers for the integrated timekeeping feature.
- Pomodoro timer—a reminder of pausing work to prevent burnout
Prices depend on the number of users. There is a Lite Free Version for 1 user only.
32. Elorus – Business Software for Project-Driven Teams
Elorus is an online invoicing, time-tracking, and fully-featured billing software, and expense management platform that provides solutions to agencies, freelancers, and startups.
Interactive dashboard informs you about business statistics regarding tracked business hours, payment, and bills’ status, as well as your balance and net cash flow.
Elorus also helps you make clever decisions based on a detailed reporting system.
Elorus is designed to cater to all business sizes; from freelancers to SMBs and more.
- Invoice project hours & expenses—set project hourly rates and record time and expenses, and let the software do the math and customize your invoices.
- Timesheets— registering time weekly and in blocks; managing billable hours via the timesheets
- Real-time team monitoring- monitor who’s currently working on what with the help of browser extension
- Automated payment reminders— sending payment reminders and managing outstanding bills
- Monitoring expenses and controlling project costs
Annually: $7 / month
Monthly: $ 9 / month
Annually: $15 / month
Monthly: $ 19 / month
Annually: $30 / month
Monthly: $ 39 / month
33. Invoice2go —Invoicing Software for Small Businesses
Invoice2go is an invoicing application that allows independent contractors and small businesses to create and send professional invoices, accept clients’ payments and generate performance reports.
Invoice2go also includes appointment scheduling, time tracking, expense tracking, and more.
Popular with independent contractors, freelancers, and small businesses.
- Sending an invoice via email, Facebook, or messenger and more
- Businesses can keep records of previous transactions and remind customers about due payments
- Start accepting payments online—get paid up to 6-days faster
- Tracking how your business is doing with easy-to-use charts and graphs
- Lite $00 / month
- Standard $33 / month
- Advanced $00 / month
- Unlimited $34 / month
If you pay annually, you can save up to 50%.
30-day free trial
34. Mavenlink— Get the Most from What You Do
Mavenlink is one of the best project management and cloud software that offers services and solutions for resource planning, project management, collaboration, and project accounting.
Mavenlink integrates with many third-party applications, including NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Google, Workday, Hubspot, and JIRA.
With this tool, you can run the entire business through one application, while still using your other productivity tools, such as Gmail and Excel.
Mavenlink is suitable for professional service businesses, especially those in the management consulting, public relations, IT services, educational industries, marketing, and advertising.
- Allows you to get paid faster
- Financial management functionality—the accounts receivable reports provide an overview of the payment status for every project so you can manage all outstanding invoices.
- The centralized dashboard informs users about the latest activities and progress of each project.
- Accessing accounts from anywhere
Prices depend on unique needs.
35. ProofHub —Online Time Tracking and Billing Software
ProofHub is a web-based project management software that comes with an integrated chat group, quick discussions on projects, workflows and boards, project reports, and many more powerful features.
It helps teams to stay connected and to communicate over projects in an easy and flexible way from one place. Android and iOS operating systems are also available.
ProofHub is made for all from freelancers to large-scale corporations.
- Gantt charts, to-do lists, calendaring, milestones, timesheets
- Easy-to-understand with little to no learning curve
- No per-user fee and simple fixed price plans
- Planning and presenting project—relate data in a well-organized manner and get a clear idea of which task is a priority
- Generating custom reports
$45/month billed annually
$50/month billed monthly
- Ultimate control
$89/month billed annually
$99/month billed monthly
14-day free trial
36. OfficeTime—Easy Time and Expense Tracking
OfficeTime is a fully-featured time tracking solution designed for enterprises, startups, and SMEs. This tool balances features and ease of use, allowing you to easily track exactly what you do every day.
OfficeTime solution is designed for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
For small businesses, contractors, solo entrepreneurs, mid-sized businesses, and consultants.
- Time and expense tracking
- Easy to use
- One-time fee for purchase
- Friendly reporting tools and invoice generation
- Quick access— changing timings without leaving the software
- No need to pause
- OfficeTime for Mac 40,22 €
Includes free upgrades for all 1.x releases.
- OfficeTime for Windows 40,22 €
Includes free upgrades for all 1.x releases.
Free three-week trial period.
37. Scoro—Award-Winning Work Management Software
Scoro helps professional service businesses simplify projects, automate quoting and billing, and optimize utilization.
It enables you to control your entire workflow in one place.
Integrations include Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Dynamics, Dropbox, and MailChimp. Support is offered via video tutorials, user guides, email, and phone.
For small to medium companies in advertising, consulting, IT, and other industries.
- Time tracking
- Detailed dashboards
- Shared team calendar: daily, weekly, and monthly settings that will break down all tasks by priority and hour.
- Holistic time management
- Integration with 1,000+ other tools through Zapier
- A section of documents and files in each task to where you can upload documents, images, and tables.
- Plus $ 22 user/month
- Premium $ 33 user/month
- Ultimate $ 55 user/month
14-days free trial
38. Teamwork Projects – Project Management with Time Tracking
Teamwork is a cloud-based project management software that helps teams improve collaboration, visibility, accountability, and ultimately results.
With Teamwork’s project planning software, you can make project planning simpler, more efficient, and more impactful.
By using project management software with a built-in time tracker you will keep focused, deliver work on time, and get better insights. Teamwork can be integrated with applications such as FreshBooks, Dropbox, Google, Box, and more.
For in-house teams and agencies
- Access controls, permissions, and business process automation
- Projects, tasks, and milestones— Gantt chart for easy project planning
- Messages, files, and notebooks—a built-in massage function so users can directly communicate with the team with the proper work context
- Board view, portfolio, workload, time tracking, and more
- Customizable templates and third-party integrations
- Free forever $0
- $10 / user/month, billed annually
- $12.5 billed monthly
- $18 / user/month, billed annually
- 22.5 billed monthly
30-day free trial
39. Tick —Time and Billing App
Tick is a time management software that gives you the most direct way to track your time against a budget.
It has integrated apps for phones, computer desktops, and browser extensions.
Tick allows you to export your time entries to Quickbooks or Freshbooks for simple invoicing.
For companies and professionals looking for a straightforward web-based time tracking application.
- Simple time management software
- Instant budget feedback in the timecard
- Easily generates accurate precise and timely reports and invoices
- Time reporting by person or tasks
- Tick’s in-app timers —tracking your hours for you
- 1 Project– free
- 10 project – $19 / month
- 30 Projects – $49 / month
- 60 project – $79 / month
- Unlimited Projects – $149 /month
30-day free trial
40. TimeLog —Easy and Efficient Time Tracker
Time Log is a cloud-based time-tracking and leading financial project management solution for consulting-oriented businesses.
This billable time software helps businesses manage resource management and invoicing operations.
Time Log integrates with several third-party platforms such as Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Outlook, SharePoint, Fortnox, Exact and more
For medium-sized (10-500) consulting firms, IT companies, consulting, engineers, accounting firms, public organizations, digital, PR, and marketing agencies, and global organizations with multiple locations.
- Time tracking—flexible and intuitive
- Project management—complete overview of projects and support for all the project manager’s work processes in one system
- Automated project invoicing—keep track of your project economy with eight different contract types and get the full financial overview
- Reports—more than 80 management reports ensuring you always have a clear view of your company’s performance.
- Resource and HR management
- Basic 5€ per license/month
- Basic Plus 10 € per license/month
- Advanced 25€ per license/month
- Basic 8€ per license/monthly
- Basic Plus 16 € per license/monthly
- Advanced 35€ per license/monthly
With a yearly plan, you can save 10 %.
30-day free trial
41. TimeSolv — Legal Time Tracking and Billing Software
TimeSolv is a cloud-based time and billing software for legal professionals looking for a comprehensive yet easy-to-use legal billing and management solution.
TimeSolv helps teams increase their billable time and get paid faster.
It offers two-way integration with QuickBooks, as well as with Xero Accounting, Dropbox, and NetDocuments. Also, it offers Android and iOS apps for remote usage.
For attorneys and other professionals and firms of all sizes.
- Offline and online time tracking
- Faster, automatic, tax billing custom invoices with a flexible easy-to-use template
- Secure, reliable, and fast document management
- Expense tracking
- Reporting—31 different reports covering accounts receivable, billable hours, performance, expense tracking, and more.
- Intuitive reports can be viewed in 10 formats, including Excel, PDF, Word, and others
- Comprehensive project management
- 1-4 users – $39.95 per user per month
- 5-14 – users – $34.95 per user per month
- 15 + users – $29.95 per user per month
30-day free trial
42. Zoho Invoice – Complete Online Time and Billing Software
Zoho Invoice provides a complete billing solution. This robust tool supports every feature needed for managing online billing, from invoice management and sending payment reminders to getting paid online.
It also allows you to log and track time spent on assignments.
For small to large-sized organizations.
- Invoicing—sending professional invoices, automated payment reminders, and accepting payments via the Internet
- Faster online invoice payments—set up your payment gateway, and start accepting card payments
- Time tracking— every minute that is charged is recorded and entered in the calendar format
- Expense tracking
- Mobile accessibility
- Yearly: $ 0 /organization/month billed annually
- Monthly: $ 0 /organization/month billed annually
- Yearly: $ 9/organization/month billed annually
- Monthly:$ 11 /organization/month billed annually
- Yearly: $ 19/organization/month billed annually
- Monthly:$ 22 /organization/month billed annually
- Yearly: $ 29/organization/month billed annually
- Monthly:$ 33 /organization/month billed annually
15-day free trial
43. TransparentBusiness —Simple Solution to Monitor, and Analyze the Work Done
This time tracking solution ensures real-time analytics and data on the cost and the status of all projects and work tasks. It is designed to help remote teams increase transparency, accountability, and productivity.
Transparent business uses Amazon Web Services (AWS) to securely store and protect sensitive data on the cloud.
For remote workforce management
- Virtual teamroom
- Project management and task management
- Progress monitoring tools and screenshots
- Real-time timesheets
- Smart Gantt chart
- 24/7 tech support
- Certification in cloudworking
- Multi-factor authentication
- Monthly fee is 30 USD per user
- Special pricing for SME
14-day free trial
44. Vericlock —Customizable Time Tracking Software
VeriClock is a cloud-based solution that saves your money and time by removing manual timesheet entries and gathering more accurate data.
It helps you keep your project on time and track.
Not only will VeriClock help to run efficient projects but it will also give a boost to your entire business.
For businesses of all sizes
- Cloud-based—track time easy from anywhere
- Simple interface—easy and fast integration with devices you already have
- Real-time data—viewing employees clocking in and out, when and where it happens, in real-time
- Clock in any way — use the app, make a phone call, enter a text message, or use the website.
- Seamless integration with accounting, bookkeeping, or payroll software— exporting data in a compatible format into accounting software
After the 30-day free trial period, pricing starts from $ 5 per month for one user.
30-days free trial period
45. Timesheets.com —Online Time Billing software For Small Business
Timesheets.com provides cloud-based time tracking for companies who want to save on payroll costs or increase invoicing.
Timesheets.com makes planning and tracking time off a simple, fast, and enjoyable process.
Reports can be integrated with several software platforms, including QuickBooks.
For accountants, finance, legal, insurance agents, construction, nonprofits, and other organizations.
- Time tracking
- Expense tracking for billing and employee reimbursement
- Powerful and useful reporting
- Time off tracking and accrual management
- User-friendly interface
- Mobile employee time and expense tracking
- Freelancer: free
- Standard: $4.50/user
- Nonprofit: $3.60/user
15-days free trial period
46. Ztimesheet – Easy Time Billing Software
The ZTimesheet web-based solution enables planning and monitoring activities of the involved resources, analyzing the cost-effectiveness of each project, and reducing the time of administrative management.
With a timesheet you can: automatically feed the company’s management, accounting, and billing systems.
It provides complete solutions designed for Windows.
For companies that offer maintenance services, cleaning services, surveillance services, and the building industry.
- Invoice management,
- Billable and non-billable hours
- Employee database
- Automatic time capture,
- Time tracking by the project at one place
Software pricing starts at $1.29.
47. BillQuick —Expense and Time Tracking and Billing Software
BillQuick is a cloud-based business management package based on time tracking, project management, and billing capabilities.
The software offers an intuitive, user-friendly billing and time tracking solution for SMEs.
For professional service firms.
- Timesheet automatically fills in projects based on the activities from the previous week
- Run multiple timers at the same time
- Creating time entries from to-do items
- Tracking personal time off, overtime, compensation time, sick time, vacation, and holidays
- Invoice management and creation
- Feature-rich invoicing
- Automatic billing
- Print pre-billing reports
- Mobile app
Pricing plans aren’t publicly available.
15-days free trial period
48. Time Tracker —Simple Billable Time Software
Time Tracker is a fully-featured online time billing software that provides end-to-end solutions designed for Windows.
This tool is everything you need to track employee time for billing.
For business teams of all sizes.
- Free mobile apps
- Customizable time tracking
- Real-time GPS location tracking
- Time clock attendance tracking
- Employee scheduling
- Time entry approvals
- Creating a professional branded invoice in seconds
- Bill from anywhere—sending branded invoices from desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Annual: $6 per user/monthly
- Monthly: $ 7.5 per user/monthly
- Annual: $10 per user/monthly
- Monthly: $12.5 per user/monthly
14-days free trial period
Tsheets is a little more complex than other apps on our list, but it offers a lot of flexibility. The platform’s biggest advantage is its numerous integrations with different payroll and accounting platforms.
Proof of work isn’t provided through screenshots, which is good news for user privacy. Yet, the platform offers the possibility of attaching images to make sure the hours are logged accurately.
- Geofencing – know where your employees are working from at all times
- Timesheets – a trust-based way to log hours and activity
- Integrations – conduct payroll easily after you confirm the timesheet accuracy
- Premium – $20 per month + $8 per user per month
- Elite – $40 per month + $10 per user per month
TimeDoctor is another one of the desktop time tracking apps that allow for more control. This application is a hybrid between project management, time tracking, and employee monitoring. Its most prominent feature is the high degree of information the management gets about the staff.
The platform enables you to make electronic payments through Payoneer, PayPal, and other similar sites.
- Employee tracking – track websites and apps your employees are using in their worktime
- Screenshots – take screenshots of your employee’s devices to make sure they’re working
- Communication – employees can chat via the app and the managers will have an insight into their conversations
- Basic – $7 per user per month
- Standard – $10 per user per month
- Premium – $20 per user per month
The prices are reduced as the number of users grows
Harvest is also a lightweight time tracking app available for desktop. Its features include time and expense tracking, team time tracking, timesheets and logs, an overview of projects, scheduling, and invoicing. In other words, it also offers some simple project management options.
- Timesheets – a simple way to see what your employees have been doing
- Expense tracking – know how you are allocating your resources and if there need to be some changes
- Scheduling – create simple schedules for employee sifts
- Free – for one user and two projects
- Pro – $12 per user per month
Workpuls is an automatic desktop time tracking app that tracks employee time and analyzes productivity. The platform makes a clear distinction between the top and low-performing employees. it also offers the option of blurred screenshots to protect (some) user privacy. The app allocates time and projects budget automatically.
- Employee monitoring – understand work and productivity rhythms of your staff in real-time
- Automation – the software starts automatically as the employees start working, so there is no possibility to forget logging time
- Reporting – receive reports on project productivity and profitability
- Employee monitoring – $6 per user per month
- Time tracking – $8 per user per month
- Automatic time mapping – $15 per user per month
Beebole is a timesheet-based desktop time tracking app. It features an automatic timer that tracks separate tasks, projects, as well as time spent on clients. The platform offers accumulative and real-time overviews. It also logs attendance, sick leaves, and vacations. Managers can access team overview, which gives them an insight into the most important KPIs.
- Time entries review – make sure every user is honest in their timesheets
- Integrations – add BeeBole to Google Suite and Microsoft 365
- Tracking – multiple parameters can be tracked and observed separately
€5.99 per user per month
54. WebWork Time Tracker
WebWork Time Tracker is the most affordable all-in-one time tracking and employee monitoring software that automates many workplace activities to help you reach greater results. It’s built to increase productivity, save time and get more things done during working hours.
– Time Tracking with Screenshots – 4 screenshot modes to get full information about employees’ computer activities.
– Attendance monitoring – Automated attendance monitoring process to see the start and end of employees’ working hours.
– Apps and Websites Usage– See all frequently visited apps and websites of employees to identify the productive and non-productive ones.
$2.99 per user per month
Toggl has a youthful approach to time tracking, and measures productivity rather than the quantity of time worked. The platform allows users to be more productive than ever, as they can create quick access to favorite and most used entry types.
- Time tracking – use an automatic timer or make entries manually
- Calendar integrations – integrate Toggl with Google Calendar or Outlook
- Favorite entries – pin the most often used items to save time and access them instantly
- Free plan
- Starter – $10 per month per user
- Premium – $20 per month per user
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
As you may have noticed, there are some qualities all of these programs have. A reliable time tracking method, high-quality reports as well as different management and planning tools are a must. Yet, there isn’t a single way a time tracking program should function.
Any professional service company can reap the benefits of time tracking once they make the right choice. Remember, you should look for a time management app that suits your business’s needs, not just the most popular solution. We wrote our list in hopes that we’ll be able to help you make an informed decision while searching for the perfect solution for you.
FREE 14-day trial – no credit card required