Are you on the lookout for a Rescuetime alternative? This popular time tracking platform is one of the most famous ones out there, but it has its flaws. While the solution is great for some companies, no business is the same. Hence, the needs of companies are different even though they share an industry and target audience.
If you need a simple time tracker, Rescuetime is efficient and straightforward. On the other hand, if you want a more customizable solution, you may need to look for an alternative. The same goes for their mobile app, which can sometimes be cumbersome to use.
That is why we have brought you 10 great alternatives for Rescuetime.
1. Time Analytics
Time Analytics is one of the newest time tracking software solutions and Rescuetime alternatives on the market. Its simple and intuitive design makes for quick and easy data entry for all employees. Additionally, the platform’s reporting features offer a lot of information on your entire business – not only the employees but projects and clients as well. Time Analytics offers an Excel integration which makes billing and invoicing easy. It also helps identify problems as well as top performers in the company. Finally, there is a free version of the software that is a great free alternative to Rescuetime.
Let’s go over the software’s most prominent features.
1. Intuitive Interface
One of the biggest hurdles businesses face when starting to use a time tracking platform is the time it takes to use such solutions. Time Analytics has a simple and intuitive interface that makes time tracking quick and easy. Among other Rescuetime alternatives, this platform has one of the most user-friendly interfaces.
Anyone can fill in the simple timesheets in only a few minutes at the end of their workday. This, in turn, means your employees won’t have to change their workday structure. They will only have to get used to a short additional step. Furthermore, the software will send a reminder to users who haven’t filled in their reports.
2. Models and Templates
Creating a timesheet from scratch can be time-consuming and difficult for many users with average or low computer skills. That is why Time Analytics offers the option of creating different templates. This way the speed of using the platform increases even more.
Additionally, all timesheets will be uniform and offer all necessary information. The employees will simply fill in pre-determined fields with the data from that day.
3. Cost Allocation
Using Time Analytics will benefit your relationships with your clients as well. As any professional service business owner knows, many clients will try to lower the fees you charge. With Time Analytics this becomes basically impossible. The reason? As soon as an employee logs the time they’ve spent doing a task, the system will allocate the total costs to a specific client.
The software takes all costs into account. That means both employee salary and overhead expenses, such as office lease, different resources and supplies, utilities, etc. Hence, all resources and expenses are going to be allocated and accounted for. This feature allows you to create itemized bills in Excel for maximum transparency.
4. A Variety of Reports
Time Analytics offers its users a wide selection of reports. Whether it’s a specific key performance indicator, project profitability, your most and least lucrative clients, and top performers among your staff – the platform will give you all the information you need.
These reports can help you determine the direction you want your business to go in. For example, comparing different profitability reports can help you figure our who are your least profitable clients. No business goes into a project wanting to lose money. So, if that is happening in a specific project you can raise the fees or terminate the contract.
This way your team will have more time and energy to invest into more profitable projects. In other words, you will be getting more profit and offering high-quality work, all while your team has less tasks.
5. Optimize Your Hours
Hours structure is an important metric in any business. It shows the ratio of billable and non-billable hours within the total amount of time your team spends working. Optimizing hours structure means reducing the number of non-billable hours as much as possible.
Time Analytics will show you exactly which activities take up the most of your non-billable hours. Then you can work on reducing the time said activities take. Most often these activities include
- Daily meetings everyone attends
- Phone calls and negotiations with clients
- Administrative work
Once you understand your issues, you will be able to reduce non-billable hours. If there is a lot of administrative work involved with every project, you can even start charging a lower fee to your clients, effectively turning non-billable hours into billable.
- Time tracking – a timesheet solution that allows employees to track their time accurately and employers to know how their workdays are going
- Reporting – comprehensive visual results of data analysis that can help you identify problems and plan your future steps
- Client monitoring – receive indicators on your most profitable clients, and identify problematic ones sooner so you can renegotiate your contracts
- Billable and non-billable hours tracking – find out whether you are billing correctly and remaining profitable
- Billing – export reports and turn them into accurate itemized invoices for your clients
- Starter – $4.99 per user per month
- Optimum – $6.99 per user per month
- Premium – $12.99 per user per month
TimeDoctor is a time tracking and project management tool. If you are looking for a higher degree of employee tracking, it could be a great option for you, as it tracks the websites and apps users open during work hours. It also offers payroll automation, as you can pay each employee according to their performance.
- Time tracking – an automatic timer that tracks team members’ work down to the minute
- Activity tracking – know which apps and websites your employees use
- Reminders – let the platform notify users if they are on a non-work-related site
- Basic – $7 per month per user
- Standard – $10 per user per month
- Premium – $20 per month per user
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
EverHour is another valuable Rescuetime alternative. It offers a plethora of features related to project management, budgeting, billing, and reports. The software can be integrated with the most famous and well-liked business solutions, like Jira, Asana, and Trello.
- Time tracking – choose between automatic tracking and manual entries
- Project management – track project health and manage the process
- Integrations – continue using the apps you already love with the addition of Everhour
- All-in-one – $8.50 per user per month
TimeCamp is a time tracking platform that may seem simple at a glance, but it offers a good amount of features as well. It offers real-time progress tracking, which keeps users updated at all times. Additionally, users can access all information about the projects in the software interface.
- Time tracking – an automatic timer that makes the need for manual entries a thing of the past
- Productivity tracking – track the apps your employees use during the day
- Reports – easy, yet effective productivity and profitability tracking
- Basic – $7 per user per month
- Pro – $10 per user per month
- Enterprise – custom pricing
ActivTrak is a Rescuetime alternative that greatly focuses on data security through an encryption system. it is another platform that tracks more precisely since it detects mouse and keyboard activity. It has an offline tracking option that connects to the app’s cloud as soon as you establish a secure internet connection.
- Activity tracking – customizable data collection you can set to fit your needs
- Reports – receive visual insights to improve overall performance
- Integrations – add ActivTrak to the systems you are already using
- Advanced – $9 per month per user
- Premium – $15 per month per user
- Enterprise – custom pricing
BeeBole is a timesheet-based time tracking solution. It offers a team dashboard that makes your business as transparent as possible. The platform also enables absence and holiday management so you’ll never be understaffed without notice again.
- Time tracking – multiple tracking options for maximum flexibility and accuracy
- Timesheet rewards and reminders – features to make sure your employees are filling their timesheets
- Payroll – receive, verify and export payroll reports according to timesheets
- Simple & flexible – €5.99 per user per month
DeskTime is a time tracking software solution that also tracks attendance and helps in workflow management. It allows accurate and effective shift planning and management. The platform tracks employee activity down to document titles and gives managers a detailed insight.
- Time tracking – there is no space for mistakes with fully automated time tracking
- Activity monitoring – track URLs, apps, and names of the documents your employees interact with daily
- Shift management – create and assign shifts to your team
- Pro – $7 per user per month
- Premium – $9 per user per month
- Enterprise – $14 per month per user
Harvest is among the most popular Rescuetime alternatives currently on the market. It offers numerous features, including payroll calculation and integrations with other workflow management platforms. It is intended for all industries and departments, so it is very flexible and offers a lot of additional training.
- Time tracking – whether it’s automatic or manual, you will track time accurately
- Integrations – start Harvest’s timer from other apps and add it to your browser
- Reports – highly visual reports to help you make better decisions
- Pro – $12 per month per user
Toggl takes a youthful yet highly effective approach to time tracking. This Rescuetime alternative helps users manage a project from conception to realization, and if you opt-in for the Hire solutions, you will be able to access a talent pool for new hires. It also offers a freelancer solo plan.
- Time tracking – use a one-click timer and let it run in the background
- Plan – create full project plans and schedule the workflow for maximum efficiency
- Task management – create task boards to stay informed about your progress
- Starter – $10 per user per month
- Premium – $20 per user per month
- Enterprise – custom pricing
Workpuls is a Rescuetime alternative for users that need a greater degree of control. The software provides employers with worker computer screenshots and computer activity tracking. It is a great solution for remote teams and focuses on digital organizations
- Time tracking – intuitive and simple tracker that reports on all hours spent working
- Employee monitoring – receive screenshots and reports on user activity
- Automation – avoid human error with a high degree of automation
- Employee monitoring – $8 per user per month
- Time tracking – $10 per user per month
- Automatic time mapping – $15 per user per month
- Enterprise – custom pricing
One simple tool and so many hours saved. Webwork is a time tracking and employee monitoring software that boosts your team’s productivity and makes work seem much easier. With its different features and integrations, this software might be the best solution for your team.
- Time Tracking with Screenshots– WebWork Time Tracker offers 4 screenshot modes to give you deeper insights of your team’s productivity. Desktop tracker takes screenshots once in every 10-minute interval.
- Time Tracking- Timesheets and timelines show the tracked hours for each project and task.
- Apps and Websites usage– In order to keep you focused, the software tracks apps and websites used during the day.
- Attendance Monitoring–This automated process allows you to observe who comes late, who leaves work early, and who tracks less time than required.
- Billable hours and Invoices- Set an hourly rate for each contract and generate automated invoices for your client.
All in- $2.99 user/month
Rescuetime is a solid piece of software for time and productivity tracking. Yet, it can’t answer the needs of every single company. That is why we created a list of alternatives for the platform. We hope you’ll find your perfect solution among them.
FREE 14-day trial – no credit card required