RescueTime is a web-based management and analytics tool that acts as a productivity assistant on your PC or Mac.
From setting daily work goals, and sending reports, to keeping employees and individuals focused, RescueTime helps businesses and individuals take control of their time.
RescueTime pricing is economical and works by providing us with a plan dependent on the number of users. The pricing starts from $12 per user per month.
However, you can get a 30-day free trial if you’re unsure about investing in this software.
What’s included in Product pricing plans?
RescueTime only offers two plans of service for personal use: Lite (free) and Premium (12$ per month or 78$ per year).
The free plan is suited for people using this software for the first time.
We recommend using RescueTime Lite if you’re new to time-management software. Hence, you will have a month to test the software before upgrading. In this RescueTime pricing guide, we will debunk both plans and learn about the difference.
Moreover, the main highlight of this focus/productivity software is that it doesn’t cost a lot per user and offers a 30-day free plan for you to test out this software. It is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS.
So, let’s discuss the two plans that RescueTime offers and see which is well-suited for you.
Plan 1: RescueTime Lite (Free)
- Time tracking of your daily goals along with accomplished results
- Advanced weekly reports that include your goals, distractions, and activities
- Alerts that will remind you to focus on your work and not get distracted
- Personalized daily work goal
Plan 2: RescueTime for Teams/Paid ($12 per month, per user or $79 per year, per user )
- All features included in RescueTime Lite
- Calendar integration for extended alerts like meetings
- History reports with spreadsheet exporting feature
- Extended focus features to keep you on the right track
- Music integration feature to make work not boring
- Morning outlook with FocusZone forecasting
- Distraction blocking focus session feature
The Best RescueTime Alternative: Time Analytics
Even though RescueTime offers a great Lite plan with many basic features, you can’t use any advanced reporting techniques. That’s where Time Analytics comes in. It starts from $4.99$ per month for one user.
Time Analytics offers a flexible plan and costs nearly half as much as RescueTime with many features. So if you’re looking to keep track of your and our employees’ working hours, then Time Analytics is an excellent alternative to RescueTime.
There are two plans for Time Analytics, the starter plan and the optimum plan. Both plans differ in features and pricing, so let’s dive deep into it.
Time Analytics Pricing and Plans
Time Analytics offers two plans; Starter and Optimum. You can experience these plans using the 14-day full-featured free trial offered by the company. Moreover, a unique aspect of choosing Time Analytics is that it lets you leverage the free trial without requiring your credit card.
Contrary to Time Analytics, RescueTime lets you use the free trial with your credit card details. So at the end of the trial, you will be charged unless you don’t cancel your billing.
With Time Analytics, you don’t have to worry about getting charged since you don’t need to add your credit card details.
Plan 1: Starter Plan
$5.99 per user per month, or $4.99 per user, per month if billed annually
- Time tracking on projects and clients: You can either create entries manually or use a time clock for advanced time tracking on projects and clients.
- Daily and weekly timesheets: The timesheet features allow you to track your employee’s time on a particular task or project.
- Paid time off tracking: Creating schedules and shifts so employees can enjoy their time off. The employees or stakeholders won’t be overwhelmed.
- Expense tracking: Automatically calculate costs for projects and clients.
- Automatic cost allocation: Using the timesheet calculator, you can efficiently allocate costs to projects and clients.
- Utilization and overtime tracking
- Performance dashboard lets you calculate and evaluate your ROI using an advanced reporting dashboard.
- Data Import: Easier to import data to the software.
- 24-hour Email Support: Email support is always open for you if you have any questions or issues.
Plan 2: Optimum Plan
$8.25 per user per month, or $6.99 per user, per month if billed annually
(Includes everything from the Starter Plan +)
- Invoicing (Time Billing): You have complete control over your tasks and services suitable for billing. You can also generate a transparent appendix for the invoice.
- Email reminders: Leverage email alerts for deadlines, meetings, and more.
- Customize onboarding
- Revenue and profit reporting: Generate accurate and user-friendly reports on selected metrics and top performers.
Frequently asked questions
A. How do I calculate the license cost?
To calculate your total license cost, you can multiply the number of active users by the price of users/month. Let’s say that the total number of users you have are ten, and the price per user is $5. Here’s the calculation:
10 (number of users) x $5 (price per user) = $50 monthly cost
B. Is there any difference between paying monthly and annually?
With Time Analytics, you will find two payment options; monthly and annual plans. You can select the one that is more suitable for you. However, if you go with the annual license, you will be eligible for discounts and offers like two free months.
On the other hand, with monthly payments, you won’t see any discount, and you will be billed every month.
C. What are the available payment options?
The payment can be initiated using a Credit Card. Moreover, you can pay the annual license with a wire transfer payment or Paypal. This offer is only applied to teams with more than 30 members.
D. Can I cancel my license at any time?
You can cancel your license anytime, and Time Analytics will stop the auto-renewal so you won’t get charged anymore. However, you will still have access to all the features till the end of the current subscription period.
E. Does Time Analytics allow the exportation of data?
Yes, you can export all the important data at any time. If you wish to cancel your plan, you can export your data and save it.
F. Does Time Analytics Offer Discounts?
Yes, for teams with over 50 employees subscribed, Time Analytics offers a 30% discount. Moreover, if there are over 150 users, you are also eligible for an additional discount. If you’re paying yearly instead of monthly, you will get two months for free.
Getting Started with Time Analytics
Even though RescueTime is a great tool for increasing your overall productivity, there are still some shortcomings. So if you’re looking for an affordable solution that will let you leverage all the basics and advanced features
Time Analytics has excellent time tracking, reporting, and monitoring features that make it a very strong contender compared to its competitors. With the cost being $4.99/month for one user, not only does time, the software provides all the necessary project management features while giving flexible payment plans.