Invoicing is one of the most important functions a time tracking platform can offer. Simply put, you will want the hours logged in the software to be accounted for in your invoices and detail the effort and resources invested in a specific project. this way your bills will be accurate and all tasks and resources accounted for.
This is why many time tracking solutions also offer billing and invoices features. However, finding the one that suits your business and practices the most isn’t an easy task. That is why we want to present you with a choice of time tracking solutions with invoicing.
Hopefully, some of them will pique your interest.
1. Time Analytics
Time Analytics is a software solution that offers the possibility of exporting data in Excel and creating invoices from that. Managers can set hourly billing rates for their teams, and users can adjust those rates additionally when needed. The system allocates these billing rates according to the project and client the person has been spending their time on.
The time tracking component of the program has two modules. The first one allows users to enter their time logs manually into the timesheets. That is to say, the employee can finish a task, see how much time they’ve spent on it, and make a time entry. The second option relies on using an automatic time clock. The clocks are connected to tasks and projects, so all the user has to do is start the timer once they start working and turn it off when they’ve finished. The information is then transferred to the timesheet.
The software has a very intuitive and clean interface, designed to be used by anyone, no matter their computer skills. The employees can create timesheets in mere minutes each day. In other words, Time Analytics won’t take away previous working time, but will still be able to take notes about everything happening at the office on any given day.
If you want to make sure all employees fill in all necessary data, Time Analytics gives you the option to set up time tracking forms with mandatory fields. The employees will get a notification if they haven’t submitted their timesheets for a week.
The software offers a large variety of reports even though it’s that easy and quick to fill. The reports go deep into the inner workings of your business and you can use them to identify both prominent and underlying issues. You will receive graphic reports that will show your top-performing clients and employees.
- Time tracking – track the time your team spends on different tasks and activities. Make sure you’re delegating tasks justly and according to each team member’s capabilities. When you track the time in your organization for a while you will be able to recognize how much time a future project will take.
- Billing and invoicing – export your timesheets in Excel and add them to your invoices. This will give your clients information about all the different tasks and resources that went into their project. Thus, you will be able to account for any questions or misunderstandings.
- Time off tracking – your employees can make time off requests and the management can see, review and approve them through the app. There are eight different types of paid time off to choose from, that cover all reasons for employee absence.
- Reporting – Time Analytics takes all the data your team puts in and turns it into beautiful visual graphs. This will help business owners and managers understand their organization’s strengths and weaknesses, helping them make plans for the future.
- Intuitive interface – it doesn’t matter whether your employees are computer mavericks or not – they will be able to use the program. The interface is extremely user-friendly and allows anyone to track their working hours with ease.
- Starter – $4.99 per user per month
- Optimum – $6.99 per user per month
- Premium – $12.99 per user per month
You can give Time Analytics a try for free with our 14-day free trial.
TimeCamp is a time tracking solution with an invoicing feature. It allows managers to set up billing rates per employee, client, and project. this means you can customize the rates according to the contracts.
The time tracking feature allows the management to compare the realized work to their predictions and assessments. The same applies to budget notifications, which make sure you know when you’re overstepping your predicted budget.
The platform scans the apps and web pages the users interact with during their working hours and automatically groups them into specific projects and allocates the time to clients. This is a completely automatic process, and the app won’t take away any productive time.
- Time tracking – a completely automatic time tracking system
- Billable hours management – make sure all billable hours are accounted for and billed properly
- Productivity tracking – receive reports on employee productivity based on their activity
- Basic – $7 per user per month
- Pro – $10 per user per month
- Enterprise – custom plan
3. Teamwork projects
Teamwork is a time tracking platform that has a decently strong invoicing feature. It may not be the best on the list, but the platform offers integrations with billing tools like Xero and QuickBooks, which makes charging your clients very easy.
The platform has a project management aspect, which compares the time a project takes to your predictions. This means you will get more and more accurate with assessments, which will help you build a reputation with your clients.
Teamwork has a real-time tracking option, as well as a communication feature. These make sure you can fix any issues on the go as soon as they happen and before they grow into larger problems.
- Chat – let your team communicate instantly without long email threads
- Collaboration – share important files instantly
- Invoicing – make sure to never forget to charge for billable time again
- Deliver – $12.50 per user per month
- Grow – $22.50 per user per month
- Scale – custom plan
Harvest is one of the most popular time tracking solutions currently available. When it comes to invoicing, the platform uses the data received through tracking. It takes the time and expenses related to a specific project and allocates them to the corresponding client.
This solution is very convenient for organizations that opt to receive their payments online, as it integrates with Stripe and PayPal. The accounting aspect of billing is also solved through integrations with QuickBooks and Xero.
The software is available on desktop and mobile, as well as a browser add-on, which makes it a great solution for teams on the go.
- Time tracking – capture employee time across all devices
- Billing – allocate expenses to clients and get paid online
- Reports – receive reports based on captured time and activities
- Pro – $12 per user per month
Toggl is one of the most beautifully designed time tracking software solutions on the market. It gives its users the possibility to track billable time with multiple clients, tasks, and projects through a single click. f
Hubstaff is one of the most popular time tracking solutions at the moment. The app is available for desktop, mobile, web, and Chrome. Besides tracking time, the platform measures employee productivity. This is done by monitoring the apps and URLs the employees use during work hours. you can also opt to take screenshots of their devices.
You can pay your employees and charge your clients through the app. The invoices are created from the time log data. All activity is added to employee timesheets, so there can be no confusion about the salaries. The same is applied to invoices, as you will deliver data on all the details of the project to the client.
- Time tracking – track time accurately through a few simple clicks
- Billing and invoicing – account for all time needed to bring a project to fruition
- Monitoring – make sure you are paying your employees for their work
- Time Free
- Time Starter – $7 per user per month
- Time Pro – $10 per user per month
- Enterprise – custom plan
FreshBooks is one of the most popular accounting software solutions on the market. It is geared toward different business models – freelancers, organizations with employees, and businesses that hire contractors.
Besides the purely accountancy-related features, the software also offers time tracking. This feature is automatic and allows easy use with only one click. The data is then transferred into time logs used to create invoices.
The software gives a lot of attention both to the functionality and the aesthetic of its invoices. You will be able to add your company’s logo and personalize the document in mere seconds.
- Time tracking – use automatic timers for accurate time logging
- Billing – send professional and accurate invoices
- Accounting – all you need to keep your business running smoothly
- Lite – $15 per month
- Plus – $25 per month
- Premium – $50 per month
- Select – custom plan
11. Active Collab
This solution combines time management, project management, and billing. It allows users to plan their projects and track their progress. The application offers a good deal of personalization, so every employee can choose a theme they enjoy and make their experience using the app more fun.
Transparency is one of the platform’s biggest priorities. In other words, you’ll be able to create a plan, add deadlines for different milestones, and see whether you’re staying on track.
Time tracking and invoicing are tightly connected in Active Collab. This ensures the invoices you send your clients will be detailed and accurate to avoid any confusion.
- Time tracking and invoicing – track employee time and turn that data into accurate invoices
- Time and project management – make sure all the phases of your project are done in time
- Collaboration – share a common calendar for more convenient planning
- Pro – $7 per user per month
- Plus – $9 per month for 3 members
Scoro is a time tracking solution that also has billing and work management features. Its goal is to be the only tool a company will need to manage its business successfully.
Other features include client, project, and task management, which enables you to manage your business and make accurate estimates. The platform also delivers accurate and visual reports you can use to plan your future steps.
- Time tracking – a built-in timer that tracks time spent on tasks
- Project management – assign tasks and track the progress of different projects
- Invoicing – generate itemized invoices that show all the work that goes into a project
- Essential – $28 per user per month
- Standard – $42 per user per month
- Pro – $71 per user per month
- Ultimate – custom pricing
13. Zoho Invoice
Zoho Office Suite offers Zoho Invoice, a tool that allows employees to track the time they spend on different tasks. This time is then allocated to different clients, and transformed into accurate invoices. We recommend using this invoicing software if you think Zoho’s other features are a good choice for you.
The platform creates professional invoices and allows you to choose from a multitude of templates you can further customize with your company’s logo. You can issue invoices in multiple languages and the platform supports multiple currencies as well.
Finally, there is the option of setting up recurring invoices if you bill monthly.
- Time tracking – collect the data you’ll need to create accurate invoices
- Customization – make the invoices reflect your company with templates
- Languages – you can issue invoices in multiple languages
- Standard – $15 per month
- Professional – $30 per month
The prices reflect only the Invoice feature
Paymo is a lightweight time tracking solution that offers multiple features – project management, time tracking, and billing and invoicing. You can create boards, assign taasks and create workflows that predict important milestones. This way you’ll be able to track whether you’re on time and within budget.
Paymo allows users to get paid fairly for the work they put in. Time tracking allows for this, as the expenses and working hours are allocated to corresponding clients. The data from employees’ timesheets is automatically turned into invoices.
The software also offers an element of collaboration, as employees can start discussions related to specific tasks.
- Time tracking – track time through web timers, desktop widgets, etc.
- Billing – create and send invoices according to the time worked
- Project management – create workflows and track project progress
- Starter – $5.95 per user per month
- Small office – $11.95 per user per month
- Business – $24.95 per user per month
Clicktime is a time tracking software with invoicing functions. It tracks billable and non-billable time, so you’ll be able to both deliver accurate invoices and calculate employee utilization. The solution relies on timesheets for easy budget management and project planning.
The platform prides itself on accurate and insightful reports. The software collects data that is turned into accurate and specific data that will answer your specific questions with ease. This information is crucial if you want to improve productivity and budget more accurately.
As you can set billable and non-billable hours within the platform, you will be able to calculate and bill your employees’ billable work with ease.
- Timesheets – get information on your employees’ activities
- Reports – accurate and useful reports that answer your questions
- Project management – plan and oversee your project’s progress
- Starter – $13 per user per month
- Team – $17 per user per month
- Premier – $28 per user per month
- Enterprise – custom plan
If you are looking for a time billing software for your law firm, bill4time could be just the solution for you. The software was designed specifically with law firms in mind and focuses its tools on managing cases, administration, and making the most out of billable hours.
The platform makes sure you are able to create pre-bills, statements, and invoices in only a couple of clicks. It gives your firm the ability to set rates and late fees, and even choose the currency you want to be paid in, which is a great option for firms with international clients.
The biggest advantage of this software solution is the fact that it has a client portal. In other words, you can deliver invoices and receive payments through the app itself.
- Time tracking – one-click automatic timers that prevent any billable hours from being uncharged for
- Invoices – create attractive and detailed invoices with multiple currency choices
- Case management – plan, organize, and track the progress of your cases
- Time & billing – $29 per user per month
- Legal pro – $49 per user per month
- Legal enterprise – $89 per user per month
Beebole’s is a streamlined time tracking and billing software that aims to make the entire process as simple as possible. It allows its users to set budgets and monitor both the expenses and progress of the projects in real-time. This way you’ll be able to stay on track and notice potential issues as soon as they occur.
The system relies on automatic time clocks you can start with a single click from any device or location. The system delivers detailed and accurate time reports for all employees, including their billable and non-billable hours.
As time tracking requires selecting the client and task the employee is working on, it is incredibly simple to allocate time and expenses to specific clients.
- Time tracking – track the time you spend on tasks and clients
- Budgeting – set a budget for all projects and monitor whether you’re staying on track
- Project management – keep an eye on all your projects
€ 6.99 per user per month
Time billing is a crucial part of any business. understanding how much you are making and which employees are bringing in the most profit keeps all organizations afloat. That is why having reliable time tracking software with invoicing makes all the difference.
This type of software can help you save time and energy needed to create invoices and makes sure you are charging fairly without losing any billable hours in the process. we have selected 17 of the best time tracking software solutions that offer billing and invoicing services. We hope you’ll find just the right one for you.
FREE 14-day trial – no credit card required