Being an engineer can be a very hard job. Usually, engineers work on multiple projects at once and they should be focused on delivering on time and within the budget. Often, engineers are required to keep track of time due to the requirements of the client or the company they work for.
Engineers must monitor project progress, from early plans to final stages, and take care of resource allocation, employee availability, and more.
How to meet all these requirements?
The answer is simple.
Engineers can/should use a tool that can help them organize and automate work – timesheet software for engineers.
List of Best Timesheet Software for Engineers
We did some research and made a list of the 15 best timesheet software that have features suitable for engineers. Read on to discover the best one for you!
1. Time Analytics – Timesheet Software for Engineers
Time Analytics Software is a management tool for time and cost tracking per each project, client, or working task. This software is designed for consulting firms, law firms, engineering and construction, architects, and more.
Time Analytics helps engineering and construction companies to be focused on delivering projects on time and within the budget– by taking care of administration and time utilization.
This software helps you to define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) based on the collected data.
- Employee timesheet tracking – work hours tracking per employee, clients, projects, and specific tasks.
- Performance management – get control over value-driven key performance indicators
- Cost tracking – timesheet calculator automatically allocates all generated costs to the projects and clients
- Invoicing assistant – create invoices based on time utilization
- Productivity management – track time utilization and billable and non-billable hours per project
- Accurate reporting – reporting tools for workers, clients, projects, and tasks
- Starter — $4.99 user/month
- Optimum — $6.99 user/month
- Premium — $12.99 user/month
2. Replicon – Time Tracking Software
Replicon is a project tracking platform for engineering firms. This time tracking platform helps you centralize time and cost management in engineering firms to get real-time insight into project status, costs, and bills. Users can benefit from improved billable utilization, accurate & on-time invoicing, and increased profitability.
Replicon helps simplify the processes and operations of an engineering company with full visibility of all projects and business metrics.
- Time tracking – configure timesheets and expenses to gather information according to your business needs.
- Validation and approvals – leverage advanced business validations to reduce errors on the timesheets and model approval workflows that suit your engineering firm
- Billable hours – set accurate billing hour targets at different levels by rolling up individual billable hours to a group, business unit, or organization
- Manage project delivery – gain a centralized view of all your engineering firm’s clients and projects
- Billing and cash flow – set billing rates at the client, project, or role level to suit your contract requirements
- Integrations – Xero, Sage, QuickBooks, and more
- Business Intelligence – define your business metrics and manage your engineering firm’s performance
TimeBill Quick Start
- $60 per month for up to 5 users
- $10per additional user
- $22 per user per month
- $18per user per month
- $22 per user per month
- $6 per user per month
- $8 per user per month
Expense Quick Start
- $3 per user per month
- $5 per user per month
3. Timely – Time Tracking Tool for Engineers
Timely is a time billing software for engineers that automatically records all the time you spend on multiple projects and clients while you work.
By tracking the time you spend across every desktop app, you can essentially map out your entire workday – from time spent on client communication, off-site across different GPS locations, or in a flow state (down to the websites, tools, and documents you used). AI-powered timesheets, real-time project dashboards, and quick reporting then allow you to research your time data without compromising your productivity.
- Project and team planning – visualize your projects, coordinate team schedules, and plan work
- Automatic time tracking – records the time employees spend in different work apps and drafts accurate timesheets for them
- Track teams – monitor employee working hours, keep work visible, and maximize team resources
- Track projects – plan, collaborate and report
- Integrations – with QuickBooks, Zapier, Harvest, Toggl, and more
- Starter — $10 per month, per user
- Premium — $18 per month, per user
- Unlimited — $26 per month, per user
- Unlimited — custom pricing
4. Accelo – Engineering Project Management Software
Accelo is project management software designed to help you with project planning, tracking, and collaboration. Accelo allows you to manage all client-related activities.
Accelo has many useful features that in combination create a powerful tool for engineers.
- Project planning – define your project’s budget, set up milestones, timelines, tasks, and more
- Project tracking – manage deliverables and budget
- Time tracking – mobile timers, email timing, task-based time, and automated timesheets
- Expenses – track project expenses
- Client portal – connect and collaborate with clients
- Invoicing – synchronized with Xero and Quickbooks
- Project collaboration – schedule deadlines, run successful projects, and collaborate on everything
- Integration with Xero, Hubspot, Quickbooks, Slack, Zapier, and more
starts at $39 per user per month
5. Actitime – Time Tracking Software for Project Management
Actitime is a cloud-based project time tracking solution. With Actitime you can create a project scope, assign work to your team, record working hours and keep everything on track with the insightful data.
This timesheet software is a great fit for engineers and helps you to increase productivity and reduce administrative costs.
- Time tracking – enter time, calculate overtime and approve timesheets
- Scope management – assign tasks and monitor work progress
- Team management – configure your work schedule
- Billing and accounting – analyze team performance
- Data analysis – analyze cost and billing data
- Leave time management – record team absences
- 1–40 users — $7 per user per month (billed monthly)
- 41–200 users — $6 per user per month (billed monthly)
- 200+ users — fixed price
6. Asana – Project Management Tool
Asana is a project management timesheet solution for engineering teams. With Asana, you can organize your projects the way you want, track, manage, and communicate with teammates — all in one place.
This engineering time billing software is a flexible, customizable, and powerful option for engineering project management software – especially for multi-team work.
- Timeline – create project plans that help you stay on schedule, and turn spreadsheets into timelines
- Reporting – get real-time insight into your team’s work.
- Workload – manage your team’s workload in real-time
- Forms – submit and manage work requests in one place
- Automation – reduce errors and manual work
- Integrations with over 100 tools
- Basic – free
- Premium – $10,99 per user, per month (billed annually)
- Business – $24,99 per user, per month (billed annually)
- Enterprise – contact the company
7. Easy Projects – Project Management Software
Easy projects is a project management software for engineering companies. This timesheet solution helps you to lead projects successfully and increase client satisfaction by efficiently planning resources, tracking budgets, expenses, and more.
Features like resource loading simulations, Gantt chart, and project calendar help you to prioritize and manage work with a few simple clicks.
- Resource management – gain true insight into resource availability and find out who can take on a new project and who is overloaded.
- Time tracking – single entry, weekly submissions, or a built-in timer with a stopwatch functionality.
- Project management – View and analyze project performance and profitability
- Reporting – create custom reports and analyze metrics of your engineering projects
- Collaboration – communication between local and remote teams
- Artificial intelligence – using algorithms to predict when a project is most likely to be completed
- Integrates with over 2000+ tools
- Team – $24 per user per month (billed annually)
- Enterprise – contact
8. Harvest – Project Budget Management
Harvest is a timesheet tracking software that provides time tracking, invoicing, and team management features. With Harvest, you can plan and evaluate projects with real data, manage team capacities and workflows, seamlessly invoice and pay quickly.
Also, with Harvest, you can use Forecast that allows you to understand how many resources are available at any given time and allows you to plan in a way that maximizes your utilization of engineers ’time
- Track time – simple time tracking from desktop or mobile, enter all hours at once
- Report and analyze – visualize project progress and keep it profitable
- Invoice and get paid – generate invoices automatically from tracked time and expenses
- Integrations with Asana, QuickBooks, Xero, Slack, and more
- Free plan: up to one user and two projects
- Pro plan: 12$ per user per month
9. ClickTime – Time Tracking for Engineers
ClickTime is a simple timesheet tracking software that helps you plan and manage employee time, reduce costs and increase project visibility.
This solution allows you to track time and expenses easily and to reduce administrative costs. Real-time dashboards provide new visibility and insight into the projects and employees’ profits, costs, and budgets.
- Time tracking – track, plan, approve, and budget employee time
- Expenses tracking – quick and simple expense reports and approvals
- Overtime tracking – an overview of employees who worked overtime, who took time off, and who approved overtime hours
- Project budgets – monitor project profits, costs, and accounts
- Employee hours and performance – plan employee hours, increase utilization, understand hiring needs, and maximize profitability
- Integrations with Zoho, Hubspot, QuickBooks, Sage, Trello, Asana, and more.
- Starter – $12 per user, per month
- Team– $16 per user, per month
- Premier – $28 per user, per month
- Enterprise – custom price
10. TimeLog – Time Tracking App
TimeLog is a PSA solution with easy time tracking, efficient project and resource management, automated invoicing, and real-time reporting. TimeLog helps you manage your project portfolio and resources, and control your contracts.
With TimeLog features, you will be able to gain control of work in progress on fixed-price projects.
- Time tracking – track of work time, tasks, and projects
- Project management – manage projects and keep the full overview of the project finances
- Automated project invoicing – track your project with eight different types of contracts and get a complete financial overview
- Resource management – manage and (re)schedule resources, and get an overview of projects
- Customer management – with status reports, project overviews, Gantt charts, and much more, it is easy to inform the customer about the progress of the project
- Reporting – more than 80 management reports that allow you to always have a clear view of your company’s performance
- Integration with Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Outlook, SharePoint, Fortnok, Exact, and more.
- Basic – 5€ per license/month
- Basic Plus – 10 € per license/month
- Advanced – 25€ per license/month
- Basic – 8€ per license/month
- Basic Plus – 16 € per license/month
- Advanced – 35€ per license/month
11. Standard Time – Time and Billing Software For Engineers
Standard Time is time tracking software and includes features such as automatic time capture, billing and invoicing, employee database, offline/online time tracking, expense tracking, and more. Employees enter project hours in a variety of convenient ways, which become available for client invoices, project tracking, and employee records.
If you are an engineer, with Standard Time, you will be sure that your projects are on time and under budget.
- Timesheet and time tracking – track time to projects and tasks, start and stop timers, and submit timesheets
- Project management – create and update a project management plan
- Expense tracking and invoicing – associate expenses with clients, jobs, and trips and create client invoices
- Time off tracking – PTO, vacation, sick, personal, custom types
- User administration
- Flexible reporting
$8.99 per month
12. BQE Core – Management Software for Engineering Firms
BQE Core is a time and attendance software for architects, engineers, accountants, and consultants to automate their client-billing process, manage projects, record time and expense and increase efficiency with dashboards.
Accurate and significant key performance indicators measure every aspect of your projects, so you will never be surprised by project cost overruns, poor employee performance, or missed deadlines.
- Time and expenses – time management and expense tracking
- Project management – manage project tasks, time, costs, and documents
- Billing – invoices for hourly, fixed fee, unit cost and% contract types
- Integration with QuickBooks and Xero
plans aren’t publicly available
13. Hubstaff – Engineering Time Billing Software
Hubstaff is a time tracking and productivity monitoring tool. With Hubstaff, you will have an overview of working hours and projects in one place. Hubstaff is perfect for project managers, architects, engineers, accountants, and consultants.
- Time tracking – track working hours spent on every single project and task
- Productivity monitoring – GPS and location monitoring
- Detailed reporting– create detailed and actionable time reports and avoid errors with accurate timesheet reporting
- Project budgeting – build project budgets based on hours, bill rate, or pay rates
- Work orders and jobs
- Online invoicing – create online invoices based on time tracked or manual entries
- Automated payroll – track working hours and sync timesheets with payroll
- Integrations with Mavenlink, Asana, ClickUp, Zoho, Trello, and more
- Free – limited to one user
- Basic — $7 per month, per user if billed monthly ($5.83 if billed annually)
- Premium — $10 per month, per user if billed monthly ($8.33 if billed annually)
- Enterprise — $20 per month, per user if billed monthly ($16.67 if billed annually)
14. Big Time – Automation Software for Professional Services
BigTime is an online time and billing software for professional service firms like accounting, engineering, legal, and IT services.
This solution allows you to manage projects with real-time visibility into task statuses and budgets. Also, you will be able to analyze your company’s most valuable resources and see where to improve the efficiency of your employees with the utilization dashboard and reports.
- Time tracking – customizable timesheets, smart lookups, user-driven presets/defaults
- Expense tracking – track billable and non-billable hours, equipment, mileage, or credit card expenses
- Billing and invoicing – create and send custom invoices quickly
- Resource management – manage your firm’s staff capacity
- Reporting – view full business in real-time with advanced dashboards, analytics, and reports
- Project management – real-time visibility into project plans, statuses, and budgets
- Integration with QuickBooks, Zapier, Slack, and more
- Express $10 per month, per user
- Pro $30 per month, per user
- Premier $40 per month, per user
15. TrackingTime – Free Time Tracker
TrackingTime is a time and billing software for engineers that allows you to improve the internal processes of any professional regardless of area or industry. This tool will help you track your projects’ progress, organize and assign tasks to your team.
- Time tracker – easy clock in and clock out, track time in real-time wherever you work
- Online timesheet – manage your work with an online timesheet for payroll, invoicing, projects, and more
- Project management – monitor the progress of your projects and tasks
- Timecard – track employee attendance, breaks, overtime, and time off
- Attendance tracking – track time and attendance
- Time reporting – company, project, billing, and payroll reports
- Integration with Asana, Trello, Monday, Smartsheet, and more
- Pro – $5 per user/monthly
Free Timesheet Templates for Engineers
Below you’ll find a variety of free timesheet:
A daily timesheet is used for tracking how employees, freelancers of engineers spend their time on a day-to-day basis. The daily timesheet contains data of work hours (regular and overtime) per day. You can download our template for the daily timesheet in excel.
A weekly timesheet is used for tracking how employees, freelancers of engineers spend their time weekly. This timesheet solution is ideal for full-time and part-time employees. You can download our template for the weekly timesheet in excel.
A monthly timesheet is used for tracking how employees, freelancers of engineers spend their time on a monthly basis. You can download our template for the monthly timesheet in excel.
Below you’ll find a variety of free timesheet:
- Detailed timesheet in Excel
- Client-related timesheet in Excel
- Project-related timesheet in Excel
- Time Card Template
In addition to data of work hours, detailed timesheets also contain data such as employee’s cost rate, pieces of work performed, billable or non-billable hours, and more. You can download our template of a detailed timesheet.
Client-related timesheets provide data on hours spent on a specific engagement. Client-related timesheets should provide data on billable and non-billable hours as well as billable rates. You can download our template of a client-related timesheet.
A project-related timesheet contains data related to a specific project and usually represents indicators of project efficiency. You can download our template of a project-related timesheet.
Time card contains records of the start and end times of the working day to calculate total work hours. You can download our template of a time card.
FREE 14-day trial – no credit card required