Time Doctor is a productivity tracking tool to help you uncover ways to increase your work efficiency.
The software tracks all user activity on the computer when it should be working.
It knows if users on shared computers are wasting company time, including emailing, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and more. Time Doctor is a simple way to stop the abuse of company time. The service the company keeps track of project issues and tasks in real-time.
The software offers three different pricing tiers to choose from basic, standard, and premium.
Time Doctor offers three paid plans: Basic, Starter, and Premium
Basic is the most affordable plan. It costs $70 per user/year and is a good option for small businesses or freelancers. It has some limitations on features, but it’s also the best option for people who want to try Time Doctor for a month or two and see how it works for them.
The Basic plan only gives you access to time tracking and reporting. If you need more advanced features like payroll, scheduling, collaboration tools, integrations, and more—then check out our Standard or Premium plans which have all of these features plus more!
- Time tracking – Easily track time spent on projects for yourself, remote employees, and outsourced teams
- Unlimited screenshots – Valuable resource for providing proof of work to clients or for internal matters
- Activity tracking – Insights into activity levels such as keyboard and mouse movement.
- Daily email notifications
- Track apps and URLs
- VIP support
- Video screen captures
The Standard Plan is for up to 3 groups/departments. It’s $100 per user/year and includes all the features of Basic plus:
- Everything in the Lite plan +
- Daily Email Notifications – alerts about important tasks like meetings and deadlines
- 6 months of data storage – Access to your data from anywhere
- Payroll – Customize your payroll with optional pay periods and currencies
- 24 hours support
- Up to 3 groups/departments
- Client login access
- VIP support
- Internet Connectivity Report
- Concierge account setup
At $200, you can get a plan for those who want to join the big leagues. It includes all of the features of Standard, plus a bunch more: Video screen captures, Client login access, VIP support.
If you’re a big company looking to outsource your time tracking needs with Time Doctor’s help, this is the one for you.
Client login access – It is possible to limit the work you do for your clients, as well as the reports they can view
Unlimited groups and unlimited data storage
Time Analytics: Best Alternative to Time Doctor
Time Analytics is one of the newest and easiest time tracking software solutions and Time Doctor alternatives on the market. It’s simple and intuitive design makes for quick and easy data entry for all employees.
Time Analytics is ideal for small businesses aiming to improve their efficiency, replace manual tasks with automated processes and make better business decisions based on data.
Features like time tracking, timesheets, and cost tracking allow you an overview of how well your employees’ hours are spent, broken down by the project. Additional fields let you mark the hours as billable or non-billable and add any comments or notes regarding a project.
With Time Analytics you are covered with two different plans ranging from basic features to premium functionality.
Starter – $4.99 per User per Month
- Unlimited number of clients and projects
- Assign roles – give different team members different roles and authorizations
- Task management – let managers create tasks and allocate them to team members
- Reports – receive accurate reports on employee and client performance and KPIs
- Cost management – make sure you’re staying on your established budget
- Support – receive email support if you are facing any issues
Optimum – $8.45 per User per Month
- Everything from the Starter plan
- Invoicing appendix – add itemized lists of tasks performed to your invoices
- Reminders – an email reminder is sent to the users who don’t submit their timesheets on time
- Profit reports – get ahead of the competition with insightful reports
- Customized onboarding – avoid any initial hiccups with our help
Time Tracking Features
- Single-click tracking – start and finish tracking time spent on specific tasks with one click
- Automated tasks – don’t waste time on creating new entries, but use previous ones instead
- Daily and weekly view – let your team members create plans that fit their work rhythm
- Task management – authorized users can create and assign tasks to other team members
- Real-time tracking – always be up-to-date with your revenues and costs
Client and Project Performance Reporting
- Project insights – track your KPIs to make sure your business is functioning at full capacity
- Client tracking – find out who are your most and least valuable clients
- Profit generation management – view profit per project and service line with a single click
- Optimizing billability – make sure you’re not giving your valuable time away for free
- Transparency – create appendices for your invoices to ensure a good reputation among clients
- Tracking unrecorded hours – find out if your employees are using all of their scheduled hours
- Overtime tracking – find out who is working late and why to be able to help the employees facing burnout
- Productivity evaluation – recognize your most productive employees through the number of billable hours
- Task structure – analyze the way the employees are using their time and find potential ways to improve
- Profitability increase – compare your real revenues with the projected and expected profits
- Mandatory items – create timesheet models all employees can use and add the most important data
- Daily and weekly view – choose between the two views to fit your business’s needs
- Editing – users can easily add, remove, and edit entries if they have to
- Review – managers can review and make final changes to the timesheets for accuracy
- Exporting – the timesheets can be exported as PDF and Excel files
- Appendix – create an itemized accurate appendix of all activity that goes into a client’s project
- Billing rates – set each employee’s hourly billing rate and allocate their hours to the projects
- Custom view – choose the items shown in the invoices
- Editing – make additional changes for all items that weren’t accounted for in the timesheets
- Exporting – create an Excel file or a physical copy of the appendix
Tracking Time Off
- Time off tracking – track the time your employees haven’t worked
- PTO requests – the employees can submit and get approval directly through the tool
- Transparency – the management won’t have to worry about counting on an absent employee
- Different types of leave – there are eight different types of PTOs, helping avoid any misunderstanding
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be charged when my free trial period expires?
No. We do not require a credit card in the free trial period and there is no charge within the trial. In case you select one of the paid plans after the trial period you will be charged in line with the selected plan.
Can I use Time Analytics for free after the expiration of the trial?
Once your initial trial expires and you haven’t picked one of the plans, Time Analytics will extend your trial for an additional 14 days. If you want to continue using Time Analytics after the expiration of the trial or the extended trial you will need to purchase a plan you prefer.
How to calculate the license cost?
Calculating the monthly or yearly license cost is simple. Multiply the number of active (enabled) users in your organization by the price per user/month that is stated in the pricing plan.
How do you count users for the purpose of billing?
You only pay for the users (team members) marked as Enabled in your Team section. If someone leaves the company or you do not want to track their time simply mark them as Disabled. Once the user is disabled or deleted they are not accounted for in billing. The data associated with the deactivated or deleted user will be retained.
What is the difference between paying monthly or annually?
You are offered both monthly and annual licenses. You can select a payment period that is more suitable for you. If you select an annual license you will get a significant discount (two months are free), you will receive only one invoice, and you have to pay a whole year’s subscription. Monthly-based payment is without discount and requires invoice administration each month.
Do you offer discounts?
Time Analytics offers two types of pricing discounts
The first discount is quantity-based, that is, for large teams.
The discount is applicable for teams with over 50 employees. In case you have over 150 users, you have the right to an additional discount.
The second discount is related to paying the yearly instead of the monthly license. By paying the yearly license you get to use the platform for free for two months.
Time Doctor offers a variety of pricing tiers to fit your needs. The standard plan is ideal for small businesses, while the premium plan is great for larger companies. With Time Doctor software, you can monitor employee productivity and find ways to improve it by using data-driven insights that inform action plans around key performance metrics.
Yet, it’s not the only option out there. There are many alternative time-tracking software programs that offer similar features at less cost or with more features.
FREE 14-day trial – no credit card required