Are you looking for accurate Timely app reviews? We are here to help.
Time tracking is one of the most important practices in the modern workspace. The benefits of consistent time tracking include
- Increased productivity
- Detection of distractions
- Simpler issue identification
- Higher transparency within the organization and toward clients
Hence, a great time tracking app is one of the biggest assets you can have.
Timely is a popular time tracking solution used by many organizations and individuals. However, we advise looking into any product before committing to it.
We are going to look into Timely’s standout features and pricing plans. Additionally, we will look into other users’ reviews. This way, you will be able to make a more informed decision.
Timely App Reviews
Source: Timely website
Timely app reviews are incomplete without an overview.
Timely is a time tracking application that offers project management features as well. It provides its users with an AI-powered time tracker that turns all logs into timesheet entries in a calendar view.
One of the app’s standout elements is the Memory tracker. This is a great option for busy employees who often forget to log their time. The feature saves recent tasks and helps reconstruct hectic workdays.
Users can simply plan their weeks and create time blocks for the most important tasks. This feature is presented in a color-coordinated calendar view with a drag-and-drop system that allows absolute accuracy with ease.
Timely has made time tracking very simple. Namely, the users don’t have to interact with the application much. The AI-powered time tracking system does the biggest part on its own.
- Automatic time tracking – let the app run in the background and log time on its own
- Monitoring – track URLs and apps you interact with during the day
- Automatic timesheets – the app uses context to create timesheet entries
- Privacy – users decide which information to make public
That is to say, the platform’s primary concern is helping the employees understand their work structure. They can identify their distractions, as well as their most productive periods.
Timely App Reviews – Scheduling
Timely’s scheduling feature is twofold.
Firstly, managers can schedule shifts accurately. This is possible as they have employee availability charts at their fingertips.
Secondly, the employees themselves can block off time needed for their priorities. Of course, they can also simply edit and move these time blocks depending on their workload and priorities.
Timely offers its users a wide variety of reports. The productivity reports are the biggest advantage for the employees, who can recognize their work patterns.
Yet, these aren’t the only reports Timely delivers. Time estimate reports show how accurate your assessments were by comparing them to your plans.
Remote teams can benefit from the app since it ensures transparency without being intrusive.
Billable Rates and Budgeting
The platform allows users to set up their billing rates. You can also mark all tasks as either billable or non-billable. These features make billing calculations a breeze, as the timesheets contain both.
Additionally, you can track overall project health. The app shows whether you’re staying on track budget-wise.
Timely app reviews would be incomplete without considering how the app interacts with other business solutions.
The application has some native additions by the same company (Memory AS). These include
- Adobe XD
- Google Docs and more
On the other hand, there are also third-party integrations with tools like
- Google Calendar
And other popular software solutions.
Timely offers an extensive knowledge base. You can find answers to questions that may arise while using the platform. These issues include
- The basics of using the software
- Logging time and AI time tracking
- Team time tracking
- Using tags
Additionally, you can send a message to the support team directly on the app’s website.
Timely’s Pricing Plans
The platform has four payment options.
- Starter – $11 per user per month (automatic time tracking and timesheet drafting, automatic reminders, reports)
- Premium – $20 per user per month (live project dashboards, recurring budgets, data sync, capacity management)
- Unlimited – $28 per user per month (unlimited teams, projects, and features, overtime and activity tracking, team lead role, live reports for the clients)
- Unlimited+ – custom pricing (customize the entire app and get a success partner)
Pros and cons
Timely app reviews need to consider user feedback. After all, no one can give a better insight than people using the platform every day.
Looking for a Timely Alternative? Try Time Analytics!
Time Analytics is another timesheet-reliant time tracking solution. The application is lightweight and extremely user-friendly. In other words, it doesn’t take more than a few minutes to make time logs.
The intuitive interface allows for instant implementation into any organization’s workflow. That is to say, your team won’t have to go through any training, no matter their computer skills.
The system offers manual and automatic time tracking. However, it doesn’t feature any AI, so computer errors don’t happen.
Finally, the solution is reasonably priced and can be used by any team, no matter the number of members. This makes it a worthy Timely alternative.
As we’ve already mentioned, there are two ways to track time with Time Analytics:
- An automatic time clock that offers accuracy
- Manual timesheet entries for better employee insights
Users simply choose a task from a pre-made list and add time entries. All tasks are connected to their respective projects and clients. Hence, you will be able to easily allocate all tracked time.
Even in the rare case that the system has made an error the employees can edit, copy, and move all entries. This way the data will accurately reflect the time invested in different activities.
Time Analytics allows its users to focus on their tasks, rather than time tracking itself. Namely, the app’s timesheet feature reduces repetitive admin work. This, then, increases productive time.
The timesheets contain all tracked information. Hence, they provide a comprehensive overview of all team activities. You can make the reports even more convenient by
- Choosing the exact period you’re interested in
- Picking the items to include in the timesheet – no unnecessary and overwhelming data
- Choosing a daily or weekly view depending on the scope of the project
Client and Project Insights
Time tracking software is incomplete without a way to see how your projects are doing. That’s why Time Analytics offers deep insights into both client and project performance.
Unfavorable contracts are easily detected within the reports. After you identify them, you’ll be able to take steps toward increasing profitability.
- See how profitable each project or service line is
- Use this data to plan more profitable projects for the future
- Determine which projects are costing you the most
- Make sure all costs are allocated to the right clients
- Estimate revenues for all projects and clients
Team Performance Reports
All managers understand the importance of tracking team member activity. Yet, the hurdle of micromanagement is difficult to surpass.
Namely, micromanagement takes away the managers’ valuable time. Simultaneously, it decreases the morale in the company. No one likes being overly monitored.
Time Analytics offers employee insights that don’t require monitoring. Yet, they are rich and accurate enough to help you lead a happy ad productive team.
- Observe the structure of billable and non-billable hours for all team members
- Track whether the team is meeting set milestones and goals
- Analyze task structure to increase productivity
- Compare actualized and planned utilization rates
A Simple Invoicing Assistant
Time Analytics’ timesheets contain the elements you need to accurately bill your clients. Those are hourly billing rates and all tracked hours allocated to projects.
Hence, the app allows you to create accurate and detailed reports on each project. These itemized lists of tasks are great proof of work you can send as an invoice appendix. It takes just a few steps:
- Choose the client you are billing
- Choose the items you want to include
- Export the invoice to Excel
- Make final edits where needed
- Send the reports in minutes
We are aware that TA’s users trust the app with sensitive data. This includes information on clients, profits, and current and past tasks. Thus, the system takes multiple steps to protect client security.
- All data is encrypted
- The communication between clients and servers are SSL encrypted
- There is no third-party access
- The data is backed up daily
You can choose between two plans.
Starter Plan ($4.99 per user per month)
- Time tracking by client and project
- Daily and weekly timesheet views
- Overtime and time off tracking
- Time utilization
- Cost allocation
- Time and cost reports
Optimum Plan ($6.99 per user per month)
- All Starter features
- Invoicing assistant
- Revenue reports
- Email reminders
- Custom onboarding process
You can try both plans for free in a 14-day trial. No credit cards are required!
Timely vs Time Analytics
The two apps we’ve presented take different approaches to time tracking. The biggest difference is the use of AI within Timely. On the other hand, TA relies on timesheets and the automatic clock feature.
Both apps take user privacy seriously. That is why they feature strong time entry editing options. Simply put, the time of micromanagement is behind us.
Pricing is the most obvious difference between the apps. Time Analytics comes in at a much more affordable pricing point. It also features an invoicing assistant, a feature Timely lacks.
Time Analytics – Getting Started
Time Analytics is a great option for businesses of all sizes looking to improve overall performance. It offers thorough insights and powerful reports without being intrusive.
The application focuses on the quality of information it gathers, rather than quantity. You can even create mandatory fields and timesheet templates that eliminate all unnecessary data.
Additionally, managers will be able to assess even seemingly small issues due to noticing them in time. this is possible thanks to the real-time and accumulative reports.
The tool is extremely simple to use while providing all the crucial information necessary to run a successful business.
Start using your time more wisely with Time Analytics!
Jelena has a Master’s Degree in teaching Serbian literature and language. Creative writing is her biggest passion.