Trying to find the best TSheets alternative on the market? We are here to help you!
TSheets (also known as QuickBooks Time) is a time tracking application with added payroll features. Its basic function is to monitor the employees and record their working hours.
Yet, this solution has its drawbacks. There are some bugs present, especially when new features roll out.
Additionally, the person with the administrator role has to invest quite some time in the app. Namely, they are the only ones with the option of adding updates.
Secondly, you need to be logged onto an internet network. Otherwise, TSheets won’t track your time. In other words, the app isn’t the best option for field teams.
So, let’s see some alternatives
TSheets Alternative – the Ultimate List
#3 Toggl Track
#4 Time Doctor
1. Time Analytics
Time Analytics is our first TSheets alternative. The platform has an easy-to-use interface that doesn’t require a lot of time. Yet, it still delivers high-quality detailed reports.
Smart electronic timesheets lie at the heart of Time Analytics. These documents can be filled in in a matter of minutes. Hence, your team can focus on work, rather than tracking time.
Source: Time Analytics website
The reports you receive show both current and historical trends within your organization. In other words, you will be able to make the necessary changes and keep positive business practices.
The time tracking process is simple and to the point. The employees can choose between two options:
- Creating manual entries directly within the timesheets
- Using a time clock to track time spent on a task while they’re working on it
Either way, all necessary information will be provided. Namely, all time entries are connected to their respective projects and clients. Time allocation is completely automatic, in other words.
All time entries are stored in electronic proof of work documents. These timesheets offer two views – daily and weekly – for businesses with different task frequencies.
The timesheets can help you create more complete reports. They also prevent users from dedicating time to entering unnecessary data. Simply create a timesheet template that contains all the information you need.
This way your entire team will be freed from repetitive administrative tasks.
A good time tracking application helps you see how your team is doing. However, many solutions (including TSheets) have monitoring policies that border on micromanagement.
Time Analytics avoids this entirely, as it relies on the data employees provide. This method promotes transparency and trust while keeping you updated on potential issues.
The reports include
- Tracking overtime and time off
- Unrecorded hours
- Task structure reports
- Goal achievement status
Client and Project Reports
Having your own business under control is only half of the fight. If you want to be successful, you will have to analyze your contracts, including projects and clients.
Time Analytics allows you to do just that. In other words, it enables you to analyze current contracts, spot issues, and plan future endeavors.
- Optimize the generation of profit
- Notice unfavorable contracts and negotiate their terms
- Make sure all costs are allocated and accounted for
- Use current projects to make estimates for the future
Timesheets contain the most important information regarding cost calculation – employee billing rates and time spent on projects. Hence, it makes price calculation a breeze.
The platform helps users achieve a high level of transparency as well. Namely, you can create an appendix you can export and send along with your invoices.
The appendices are quick and simple to create. All you need to do is
- Filter data for a specific project
- Remove unnecessary fields
- Make potential edits
- Export and send the appendix
Time Analytics and Client Security
Using a time tracking solution requires a lot of trust. After all, you’re providing these apps with important information on your business and clients.
This is why Time Analytics makes sure all sensitive information is encrypted. This includes credit card information and user passwords.
Additionally, the platform uses secure servers and backs them up daily. It doesn’t store your information within the app.
The platform offers two pricing plans. They both have the option of yearly and monthly licenses.
- Time tracking on clients and projects
- Tracking time utilization, time off, and overtime
- Time and cost reports
- Performance insights
- Custom hourly rates
- Cost allocation
Pricing – $5.99 per user per month
- All features from the Starter
- Profit reporting
- Invoicing assistant
- Email reminders
- Personalized onboarding
Pricing – $8.45 per user per month
If you’re interested in trying Time Analytics you can give it a spin in a free 14-day trial.
Hubstaff is a TSheets alternative that offers a rich employee monitoring toolkit. The level of automation reduces the chance of human error. Hence it delivers accurate reports and insights.
Source: Hubstaff website
The app is great for hybrid teams as well as field crews. This is true as it offers a geofencing feature that allows tracking from specific locations only.
Top 3 Features
- Time tracking – get automated comprehensive reports on the way your team spends workdays
- Geofencing – keep an eye on remote and field teams without overwhelming their managers
- Reports – receive detailed insights on employee activities and plan future steps
- Desk Free – free (single user, made for freelancers)
- Desk Starter – $7 per user per month, 2 users minimum (one integration, idle time detection, screenshots)
- Desk Pro – $10 per user per month, 2 users minimum (activity tracking, payroll, invoicing)
- Enterprise – custom solution and pricing
3. Toggl Track
Are you looking for a TSheets alternative with a beautiful, clear, and user-friendly interface? Toggl Track could be just the option for you.
Source: Toggl website
Time tracking is extremely simple, and only requires a click of a button. The app also features a budgeting option to help you maintain your bottom line without any surprises.
Top 3 Features
- Time tracking – use an automatic timer to get an accurate insight into your team’s work
- Budgeting suite – create and track budgets for all projects and keep them profitable
- Payroll – calculate each team member’s pay with the billable hours they track
- Free – Free (unlimited project and client time tracking)
- Starter – $10 per user per month (task time tracking, billing rates, time rounding, estimates)
- Premium – $20 per user per month (audits, reminders, required fields, fixed-fee project tracking)
- Enterprise – custom pricing (priority support, multiple workspaces, onboarding)
4. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is one of the most reliable time trackers on the market. This TSheets alternative has multiple employee monitoring features that guarantee accuracy and transparency.
Source: Time Doctor website
The time tracking process is automated. Relying on the app for accurate capture allows you to find issues. Then, you can devise a plan to fix issues and improve your business.
Top 3 Features
- Monitoring – receive reports on employee activity levels and screenshots as proof of work
- Distraction alerts – employees will be reminded to keep working when they show low activity levels
- Timesheets and payroll – have all hours displayed in a timesheet for easy payroll calculation
- Basic – $7 per user per month (unlimited screenshots, time tracking, activity monitoring)
- Standard – $10 per user per month (tracking URLs and apps, integrations, payroll)
- Premium – $20 per user per month (video screen recording, client login, VIP support)
Are you looking for an accurate TSheets alternative that will give you an insight into your team’s time and attendance? Jibble could be just the right solution for you. The app also features a payroll processing option.
Source: Jibble website
The attendance feature has a face recognition option. This way, you will make sure every team member is in their workplace. The GPS feature is helpful with managing remote teams.
Top 3 Features
- Time tracking – a simple clock-in and out system with timesheets to help you track activity
- Payroll calculation – use the app’s data to make sure everyone is paid what they deserve
- Biometrics – a face recognition system to ensure absolute attendance accuracy
- Free – free (time tracking for small teams, real-time alerts, verification)
- Premium – $2.99 per user per month (work groups, geofencing, device restrictions, 3 clock-in kiosks)
- Ultimate – $5.99 per user per month (admins, client time tracking, unlimited locations)
Clockify is a popular time tracking software solution with timesheets. The application track task time accurately thanks to its automatic timer, as well as URL and app monitoring.
Source: Clockify website
The platform offers management features including timesheet approval, invoicing, and time off management. It works and synchronizes across devices to help run hybrid teams.
Top 3 Features
- Time tracking – use a simple automatic tracker and timesheets to log work activities
- Monitoring – get an insight into your employees’ activities, websites, and apps they use
- Invoicing – simplify the billing process by using the data the app stores
- Basic – $4.99 per user per month (time tracking, required fields, time audits, time import)
- Standard – $6.99 per user per month (time off tracking, invoicing, manager role)
- Pro – $9.99 per user per month (scheduling, expenses, estimates, custom fields)
- Enterprise – $14.99 per user per month (custom subdomain, single sign-on, audit logs)
Everhour is a TSheets alternative that tracks time and offers additional features. They include budgeting, invoicing, and payroll calculation.
Source: Everhour website
The app has an estimate feature that helps run projects and tasks smoothly. Its budget-disallowing option keeps you from spending more money on projects than planned.
Top 3 Features
- Time tracking – make logs in the timesheets or use a timer to track time invested in tasks
- Time estimates – see how much time you’ve got left for projects
- Budgeting – remain on budget through real-time insights and the disallowing option
- Free – free, up to five users (unlimited time tracking and projects, reporting, exporting)
- Lite – $6 per user per month (up to 10 users, billing rates, invoicing, budgets) 2 user minimum
- Team – $10 per user per month (unlimited users, time cards, optional screenshots) 5 user minimum
TimeCamp is a TSheets alternative that features timesheets, as well as an automatic time clock. All information the employees provide is shaped into time logs in the timesheets.
Source: Timecamp website
The application tracks team members’ performance. This creates a thorough insight into your workflow with all potential improvements. TimeCamp also tracks resources, keeping businesses profitable.
Top 3 Features
- Time tracking – the app runs in the background and collects data for the time entries
- Productivity tracking – see which websites and apps your team is interacting with
- Budgeting – create budgets for projects and keep an eye on them until completion
- Free – free (time tracking for unlimited tasks, users, and projects)
- Basic – $7.99 per user per month (reports, integrations, manager role, time rounding)
- Pro – $10.99 per user per month (invoicing, billing rates, timesheet approval, screenshots)
- Enterprise – custom pricing (private cloud, self-hosted server, organized onboarding)
Clockodo is a time tracking software solution with smart and insightful reports. the managers can easily identify issues as well as top performers.
Source: Clockodo website
The time tracking process is short and simple, with a single Start/Stop button. The app has a team calendar option that increases transparency in all organizations.
Top 3 Features
- Automatic time tracking – simply click a button and dedicate your time to the actual work
- Reports – receive deep insights into your business’s task structure and workflow
- Team calendar – avoid shift clashes and understaffing with a transparent overview
- Freelancer – free (single user, time tracking by the task and project)
- Starter – $5 per user per month (attendance tracking, stopwatch)
- Pro – $10 per user per month (project time tracking, billing rates, non-billable hours tracking)
- Enterprise – $13 per user per month (single sign-on, backups, priority support)
ClickTime is a TSheets alternative with simple time tracking. You can also track the progress and costs for each project. In other words, it helps you remain profitable.
Source: Clicktime website
The app has a timesheet approval feature to ensure all entered information is accurate. It also features an overview of accrued holiday days for the entire team.
Top 3 Features
- Timesheets – fill in time logs through dedicated dashboards for higher accuracy
- Project management – see whether your team’s workload allows for more projects
- Expense tracking – monitor all employee expenses and approve them to keep on track
- Starter – $10 per user per month (time tracking, reports, reminders)
- Team – $13 per user per month (time off tracking, workflow tracking, billing rates)
- Premier – $24 per user per month (utilization tracking, budgeting, resources)
- Enterprise – custom pricing (account manager, custom integrations, single sign-on)
Replicon is an AI-based TSheets alternative. That is to say, it tracks employee time and activities by monitoring the applications they are using during the day.
Source: Replicon website
The information the app collects is turned into time logs. The employees, then, can review and edit their timesheets before submitting them.
Top 3 Features
- Automatic time tracking – get accurate timesheets with very little interaction with the app
- Project management – create projects and turn them into actionable tasks for the team members
- Invoicing – send accurate invoices that include information about the work you provide
- Time & attendance – starts at $6 per month (time tracking, team tracking, time off management)
- Project and tracking – starts at $12 per month (project time tracking, invoicing, resources)
- PSA and PPM – starts at $29 per month (professional service automation and portfolio management)
RescueTime is our final choice for this list. This TSheets alternative also has a high automation level. its rich feature set was created to optimize workflows and increase employee productivity.
Source: RescueTime website
The app has a feature called Focus Goals that helps employees avoid distractions. The goals are related to the most prevalent issues and help resolve the biggest tasks first.
Top 3 Features
- Time tracking – use an AI-powered tracker to see which apps and URLs your employees interact with
- Focus goals – set time aside for the most urgent matters and avoid distractions
- Reports – know how your team is handling the focus goals and all other aspects of work
- Lite – free (focus goals, weekly reports, alerts, real-time tracking)
- Premium – $12 per user per month (historic reports, music integrations, distraction blocking)
Why Choose Time Analytics?
Time Analytics is a user-friendly solution that will help you reach tangible goals. This is true due to the app’s dedication to building trust between employers and team members.
The app relies on this trust for accurate timesheets. If anyone is being less than truthful in their time logs, the results are sure to show it. Thus, the app is great for remote teams.
Say goodbye to micromanagement and the resentment it creates. Simple timesheets that take a few minutes from users’ day are more than enough to keep track of your business.
Receive detailed actionable reports you can use to take real steps towards improving your business. Try Time Analytics today and see how well it fits all your needs!
Jelena has a Master’s Degree in teaching Serbian literature and language. Creative writing is her biggest passion.